PDA

View Full Version : The Ori and the Wraith

Anubis_Ori1987
February 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
:cool: If The Ori learned that our Galaxy was in need of Orgin by learning it from Daniel, then why didn't they also learn about the countless humans in the Pegasus Galaxy? I mean Daniel knew about the Pegasus Galaxy when he met the Priors, so why didn't the Ori learn about them as well as us.
And why haven't we seen a Prior in the Pegasus Galaxy? Will We ever see them thier? Or are the Ori even afraid of the Wraith????

It's just a question people.

freyr's mother
February 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM
They're trying to keep the two shows as separate from one another as possible.

Liam Kincaid
February 26th, 2006, 05:30 PM
:cool: If The Ori learned that our Galaxy was in need of Orgin by learning it from Daniel, then why didn't they also learn about the countless humans in the Pegasus Galaxy? I mean Daniel knew about the Pegasus Galaxy when he met the Priors, so why didn't the Ori learn about them as well as us.
And why haven't we seen a Prior in the Pegasus Galaxy? Will We ever see them thier? Or are the Ori even afraid of the Wraith????

It's just a question people.
The Ori are pure energy and the Wraith feed on energy, so maybe the Ori are afraid of the Wraith.

freyr's mother
February 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM
i never thought of it like that. I guess its possible.

dmayor09
February 26th, 2006, 10:50 PM
yeah, the Ori would know of the pegasus galaxy b/c of daniel. They might have no interest in it, at least at the time, b/c they are wanting to attack the ancients. Orline said that the momen the prior stepped foot into their galxy his life was but an open book to the ancients...it would be the same the other way around.

Chutzpah
February 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I think this person awnsered it very well

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24898

Consider : A Prior draws more immediate attention.
Counterpoint: Daniel was brought to the Doci.

Consider : The ancient communication device simply allows them to communicate, not have the 'physical presence' necessary for cosmic awareness.

Im think Daniel actually told a prior about earth, before he realised they were evil.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
The Ori are pure energy and the Wraith feed on energy, so maybe the Ori are afraid of the Wraith.

Huh? They don't feed on energy they feed on the life force of organic beings not energy otherwise they would be a lot more powerful. Ori are beings of energy and a Wraith would not be able to touch it much less feed from it.

Also the Ascended Ancients live in the MW galaxy, thats where the Ori's enemy lies. So why would they go to Pegasus if they even know of its existence? Orlin said the Ori are coming to wipe out the Ancients, its not just a matter about humans being their servants, its a matter of finishing what they started long ago before the Alterans left the home galaxy.

Also its entirely possible that the Ori don't know of the MW.

And yes being the nice explorer Daniel is, he said 'My name is Daniel_'
Doci: '-Jackson, of the planet Earth'

It was something like that but the Doci knew much about him already. Though its possible that since Daniel was thinking about introducing himself, the Doci knew who he was by 'scanning' his surface thoughts.

FNH USA P90
February 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
The Ori probably care alot more about the ascended Alterans and the Milky Way more than they care about the Wraith and the population depleted Pegasus Galaxy.

CommanderThor69
March 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Well, sense daniel didn't physically step foot in there galaxy, it could have limited the mind reading to what he was thinking, he was in the body of another, so i think they wouldnt have been able to know everything

the fifth man
March 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM
The Ori probably care alot more about the ascended Alterans and the Milky Way more than they care about the Wraith and the population depleted Pegasus Galaxy.

I'd have to agree with this statement.:) The MW is a much juicier target.