PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Chekov

jimmy
February 24th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I've just seen the new episode photos of Camelot. Among them is a pic of Col. Chekov at the helm of his own ship. Now, I know this is just a spolier, and I 've got nothing concrete, but, it says that ,in the spoilers for the first episode of s10,

Carter radios the Ori ships in the hopes of contacting any survivors of the Korelev, an Earth ship apparently destroyed by the Ori (probably how Daniel wound up on board). Daniel finds his radio and responds, assuring Sam that he made it okay. He and Vala hope to zat Adria and capture her

....''Korelev'' doesn't sound like something the Americans would call a spaceship, more of a Russian flavour to it. Could this mean that Chekov could be going the way of Col. Prendergast? (Or maybe the Russians have a bit of a mini-armada going..). I sure hope they don't sacrifice another secondary character in the name of dramatic tension!

ussrelativity
February 24th, 2006, 09:33 AM
They had better not kill off Chekov. I remember him from the much earlier seasons, and he is a good character.

creed462
February 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I really doubt it

Neutschi
February 24th, 2006, 09:43 AM
We all had really high hopes that pendergast survives but we've lost him , so with checkov i think we have to wait and see

Kirath
February 24th, 2006, 09:44 AM
there's no telling. the tptb often like to kill character that we like to up the danger/drama. That fact that we fan our concerned for his well being is a bad sign. Janet and Grodin kick the bucket, but Kavanaugh and woolsey are still alive.

SG_FAN15
February 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM
They had better not kill off Chekov. I remember him from the much earlier seasons, and he is a good character.

yes and noo, im not keen on him, i'd rather they get rid of him and bring bk o niell,

shonac85
February 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I would like to keep him! I like him (but it may have something to do with the Russian accent!!! Love it!

Eoin
February 24th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I hope they dont kill him off....I really enjoy watching his character

Peoples_General
February 24th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Hopefully the Ori decide to try and force the Korelev crew into conversion... I mean how else did Daniel Jackson got on board the Ori ship, especially when he was supposedly tagging along with the Russians.

RealmOfX
February 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah, when I saw that pic I thought "Oh no, another red shirt!". I have always enjoyed the appearances of Chekov and hopefully he won't go down with the ship.

Hopefully TPTB will get over this thing about killing off well liked characters. It doesn't improve the drama, just p****s off the fans.

Jumper One
February 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
You can never be too sure about these things anymore...

My guess is they'll keep him around.

CommanderThor69
March 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM
Carter radios the Ori ships in the hopes of contacting any survivors of the Korelev, an Earth ship apparently destroyed by the Ori

Ok. i know this is even more of a stretch, but it doesn't say it is destroyed, it says, apparently.:hammondanime01:
i know its high hopes but hey, just maybe it doesnt get destroyed just severely damaged, but reparable, you never know, it doesnt say for sure, but it probably will get wacked.

Anyways, i want to keep checkov, hes hecka tight, and thats something comming from me, you would have to know me to get that thow.

jazz!
March 2nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Is Col. Chekov toast?: Firstly, there's something about that sentence that has made me quite hungry and secondly: Checkov's a great recurring character and it be annoying to loose him

Altho, I'm one of those people who don't like Stargate getting all spaceshippy and would want the Korlev to be toast ( in a last ditch attempt to save the world ) and her crew, Chekov included, safely aboard the Oddy in time for dinner...

Lonewolf
March 2nd, 2006, 09:57 AM
He looks shocked or scared.. Like Oh My GOSH... in the Pic

The Ori
March 2nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
Hey, peeps, At 1st i didn't like him, but in full alert in season 8 I started to like him, he just has Russia's best interests at heart.

And sorry for being dopey what does tptb mean and how do u put your own personal pics up next to yur username?

Mattathias2.0
March 3rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
I hope he isn't killed off. I can deal with Pendergast, but Chekov? No way.

Mattathias

sindicate
March 3rd, 2006, 10:09 AM
And sorry for being dopey what does tptb mean

I think it means "The Powers That Be"

NakedJehutyV2
March 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
nyet pinches

prion
March 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Alas, it wouldn't surprise me if hte writers killed off yet another interesting recurring character, only they can't use the "oh, this is our last season, so let's wrap up some loose ends by KILLING someone." There is a limit to 'reality.' and face it, we don't watch Stargate for reality; we want the heroes to win, not have most of the people get killed off. Good thing they don't have a pet dog or else something would have squashed it or eaten it by now ;) (thinking back to what Chris Carter did to that poor pooch on X-Files)

Stevo
March 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
i dont think hes getting killed off i read somewhere ages ago now that hes going to have an increased role in s10

sindicate
March 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
I think it brings more realism to show honestly, (if that's possible lol) I mean come on how many enemies have been killed in the Stargate world, and how many of the SGC have died, I'm betting not as many.

prion
March 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
i dont think hes getting killed off i read somewhere ages ago now that hes going to have an increased role in s10

I hope the Russians command the Prometheus' replacement... Orion, right?

d10sfan
March 3rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
That was a ship given to Russia by the US so they wouldnt take back the stargate.

Gunslinger
March 11th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Spoilers for season 10 ep 1:

I can't believe they killed off Checkov, he was one of my favorite recurring characters after they killed of Jacob Carter. All the good characters are getting killed off left and right! :mckay:

Spoilers for Season 9 ep 20:

But otherwise I loved the season finale! I never really saw the Ori as that bad until I see their ships in action. 4 Ori ships against the entire Milky Way fleet and they come out without a scratch! Our galaxy is so screwed, how are the writers gonna write their way outta this one I don't know, but I can tell it's gonna be good!

The Prophet
March 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM
They killed him off? I new the Korlev exploded but I wasn't too sure if he survived or not! Dang it... that's the russians out of the picture, they'v gone the path of the Tok'ra... :( RIP Colonel Checkov, you died a hero's death...
Checkov & Pendergast, next it's going to be Caldwell, Noooo! It's Final Destination style killings! :(

Gunslinger
March 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well according to the spoilers for season 10 on this site Daniel makes it off and ends up on the Ori ship with Valaa. We saw the bridge explode, the only way he made it off is if he got beamed off, in which case I doubt the Ori had any reason to want to beam Checkov off. I'm pretty sure he's dead!

deltsigpun
March 11th, 2006, 06:32 PM
SPOILERS FOR FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

#
#
#
The Korolov didnt blow up, it was the Odessy that was destroyed. THINK ABOUT IT. Mitchell and Daniel were on the Korolov, and Carter is in space, and Telac is on the Lucian ship. THUS they can blow up the Odessy, because no major characters were aboard.

jkmira
March 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
well Mitchell was in a 302 fighter

Gunslinger
March 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
SPOILERS FOR FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Korolov didnt blow up, it was the Odessy that was destroyed. THINK ABOUT IT. Mitchell and Daniel were on the Korolov, and Carter is in space, and Telac is on the Lucian ship. THUS they can blow up the Odessy, because no major characters were aboard.

Unfortunately you are wrong accoding to the official site spoilers and what the writers have released. They want you to think that but it was in fact the Korelev that we see destroyed at the end of 9x20.

Mitchell apparently made it to the 302s and was off ship, and we do not yet know how Daniel made it off.

I believed as you did at first and was dismayed when I peeked at the s10 spoilers!

OmegaProject
March 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I sure hope the Asgard beamed them to his ship. I liked Colonel Chekov, got used to him bugging the hell out of the SGC. If not, Colonel Chekov died as honorable as any Russian ever has :(

the fifth man
March 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
If Colonel Chekov is no more, I shall mourn him. I always liked his character on SG-1.

eri-chan
March 11th, 2006, 11:55 PM
i thought chekov was a great character.. i hope he did infact survive ep 20. hmmm i haven't decided who is alive and dead yet because we've seen our main characters survive lots of things when it looks definate that they were caught up in whatever catastrophe. :daniel:

The Prophet
March 12th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Please, oh please, let it be the odysuess that gert's destroyed! It would make SG1 a whole lot better if, say a new US ship was hyperdriving to a world without a gate to find some lost Alteran tech & they discover taht the Korlev is already there, beaming up the tech for Russia's use, the SGC would get really pieved! Death to Odyseuss! Life to Korlev!

Auralis
March 12th, 2006, 04:47 AM
I agree, letting the Korolev survive would add better plothooks.

FallenAngelII
March 12th, 2006, 04:50 AM
It was the Korelev that was destroyed. It's definite. Well, both could have been destroyed, but the Korelev was destroyed according to "Flesh and Blood" spoilers months ago.

I doubt the Ori have beaming technology and even if they did, I see no reason why they'd want to beam him off. What? Because he recited the "Book of Origin", they wanted to spare his life?

I truly hope Chekov survived it somehow.

The Prophet
March 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM
(FallanAngelII, you might want to add a slash to the end spoiler tag :cameron: ).

Damn it! Colonel Chekov was the Best Character! he wasn't a hero, he wasn't a villain, he wasn't even and anti-hero. He was like another hero who had a different set of views... :( Wel, we've still got Woosley, who also has diffent set of views fro the Staragte programme... damn it again!

wolverine_nl
March 12th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't be surpised Chekov lives as a prior afterwards.

TechnoBoY
March 12th, 2006, 08:06 AM
If Colonel Chekov is no more, I shall mourn him. I always liked his character on SG-1.

Me too! I am saddened.

HirogenGater
March 12th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Agreed.

deadman
March 12th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Colonel Chekov
19??-2006
We may not have always seen eye to eye, but in the end you died in the end proving us you were our friend.

Kirath
March 12th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Maybe they were able toget to the lifepods. Maybe theres's a heroic scene where Chekov saves a unconscious Daniel getting him to safety. Danny boy did hit floor pretty last we saw. Or maybe after losing Pendergast, daniel makes sure chekov gets off the ship by any means necessary. When we see them there's a exchange about how he saved Chekov by dragging his unconscious body to the pods and Chekov respond thats because you sucker punched me. Then Chekov says something in Russian that our international member will translate to I owe you an an a can of whoopass. That would explain why Carter is radioing the Ori ship in orbit of chulac for survivors of the Korelev. she was outside the ship and if the Ori started gobbling up the escape pods she would have seen it. that would also explain how Daniel finds Vala. Daniel and any other pows escape from the Ori and they have one of those bootleather scenes they love so much sneaking around the alien ship and they find Vala by herself. I mean they wouldn't just take the enemy to the unborn oracle of the Ori. With everyone either preparing for the invasion of Chulac or looking for the escaped prisoners so shes alone and ready to give birth and Daniel stays with her.

the fifth man
March 12th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I like any idea that ends up with Chekov surviving the Korelev's destruction . I just really like him for some reason.

Kirath
March 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Mitchell: "All we have to do is make our way to the bridge, take control and fly her home"

Chekov: Bolshe moi, is he serious!!

Daniel: "Probably."

Mitchell to Chekov and surviving Russian crew: "Don't worry, we do this all the time. When we get back to earth you guys are coming over to Tealcs for movie night. what did he say he wanted , star Wars and pizza again?"

Daniel: "Chinese take out and Serenity"

Mitchell:"I aim to misbehave."

hypergate
March 14th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Maybe tptb changed their mind after talking with gateworld. Maybe the Odyesssey gets destroyed and the Korelev is doing the things in Flesh and Blood. Also I too love Colonel Chekov as a character. He has a hard role to play. The U.S. and Russia obviously distrust each other, it would have been much easier for the colonel to be a loud demanding ***. Instead he makes it seem that Russia and the U.S. can work together. He does what he has to (the Korelev), but you don't hate him for it. He is an honorable character who I believe should play a more important roll on the show. (or at least in the stargate universe) Maybe after awhile Chekov an Alpha site for the international community. Could have been an option for the russians. Use their ship to get their own alpha site and then ferry supplies between to make their own ships.

Auralis
March 14th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Yeah, With chekov they had the perfect basis for starting a earth gets to work together as one plotline.

tsn81
March 14th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I'm really hoping that they have changed their minds about which ship was destroyed. Korelev would be so much more interesting to keep..

angsty_otaku
March 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM
i think TPTB really need to cool it on killing off characters...

OmegaProject
March 14th, 2006, 12:41 PM

^^^ I second that motion

All in favor say, I

Martin Lloyd
March 14th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I

Øsiris øf the Øri
March 14th, 2006, 01:54 PM
they said on teh show that the Korolev was "rushed" into service when they found the gate meaning it isn't finsihed and would be hit harder by the ori weapons also all spoilers point to it getting blown up as well as the look of horror on Chevok's face before the ship blows up, also all the spoilers say its ws toast...why else would daniel be on board the ori flagship...

CueBa'al
March 14th, 2006, 02:09 PM
They gotta let him live!

All that wrangling and political arm-twisting to get his own spaceship...and boom. Whadda letdown, eh?

Col. Chekov was a memorable character. The dynamic between him and Landry developed quite nicely. If he is truly dead as a character, then I will miss him.

Lieutenant Reichwein
March 14th, 2006, 02:16 PM

agreed.

RealmOfX
March 14th, 2006, 03:30 PM

^^^ I second that motion

All in favor say, I

I

marty2006
March 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Im think it was was the odessey infact it has to be the odessey that was destroyed in the finale of season 9 because non of sg-1 one on the odessey and daniel and mitchell were both on the korelov even if mitchel got off daniel would still have been on so theres no way they destroyed the korelov.

Øsiris øf the Øri
March 14th, 2006, 04:32 PM
go read the spoilers for Sg-1 Korolev is toast...printed and done

OmegaProject
March 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Even heard of spoilers are sometimes to make you think one think, and *bam* the unexpected. Makes a better show if the producers "pull a fast one" on us.
Or all my blabber could be for nothing :cameron:

Giant Blonde Thor
March 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I think deep down we all knew it was the korolev but we all know also that they are not stuid enough to kill off daniel or mitchell. But foe Chekov he isn't what you would call a major character(though certinly not a minor one lol) kind of like frasier sad and dramatic if they die but they are still as far as they are conserned exspendable(ofcourse i am praying for a quick dash for the exscape pod possiblity)

Chevron Zero
March 15th, 2006, 06:46 AM
The only way Chekov's demise would add to the series would be to drive a wedge between the U.S. and the rest of the world, with the Russians wanting to know why the Odyssey survived but the Korolev didn't. Otherwise his death is completely meaningless - we already know the Ori are evil, powerful, ruthless, and probably talk on their cell phones while driving their Naquadah-guzzling ships slowly in the passing lane.

It would be much more fun to see a just-beamed-aboard Chekov on the bridge of the Asgard ship, with Kvasir apologizing for the poor performance of the shields while making it clear it's not really the Asgards' fault.

Chemp
March 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I hate to see the use of the rusions in the series they always get kicked in the ass and then sg 1 gets to rescue them.How about they rescue sg1 for a change.Oh I hope chekov isn't dead he was the only russian character i liked on the show.

Auralis
March 15th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Agreed, checkov alive brings much better story potential then him dead.

Kirath
March 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM
maybe a big fan response could save Chekov and the Korelev. Having the only Korelev as our only ship in the Milky Way half the time and it under Russian control could really make things interesting.

d3thr0n3d
March 16th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I agree.

If there are any writers or producers reading this then please take in to account my views on the subject.

Chekov, has been and it is my hope will continue to be, one of the the most well writen characters on the show. He has shown to be an ally and an annoyance during some of the major episodes on the show. He has been crucial to episodes such as Full Alert and the season six opening 2 parter - not forgetting 48 hours where he was instrumentual in negotiating the D.H.D.

It was the fans that alerted you to save Klorel in Season one and two which opened up new possibilities albeit opeertunities that were not used as well as they could be but still provided enjoyable episodes. Checkov has been one of the best guest apperances on the show, I do not care for the Korelev, in fact it makes it easier for the continuing tensions regarding the international committie.

I would like to see Checkov leading the negosiations bettween Russia and the states over the stargate project and I think it would be wise to continue to see him in future arcs which could be done on some more "earth based" episodes.

Edit: Sorry about spelling mistakes, I have lost my spell checking abilities after I had to reformat my computer.

OmegaProject
March 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM
^^^ ****thunderous applause**** well said

Willman
March 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I Would like to see the nations of Earth come together. Maybe the Stargate can be moved to new specially built base on an island in international waters.
The island could have hangers for tauri ships, etc.

Mr. Jack
March 16th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I like the Secondary characters just as much as I love the Main Characters, simply because the Secondaries seem to have more flaws them the almost invincible SG-1 (Serriously they've been through so much crap, and they survive?) If your going to kill off Secondary characters, you might as well kill the leads off as well.

Kirath
March 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Having the Korelev as our only ship in the milky way could lead to some interesting eps. The my government doesn't want to risk its new toy on this dangerous mission but we show up to help save the day ep. The where's waldo ep in which the Korelev turns up missing and we find out that Chekov was taking order from russian intelligence and sg-1 has to come to the rescue ep. The Daedulus needs a overhaul Chekov in Atlantis SGA episode. Mike Awesome:ronan:

Chevron Zero
March 17th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Curious that we may be seeing the demise of a yet another well-liked secondary character in the same season as "Ripple Effect", an episode aimed at pleasing those who are unhappy with the disappearance of other well-liked seconardy characters.

Steve_the_Wraith
March 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
maybe a big fan response could save Chekov and the Korelev. Having the only Korelev as our only ship in the Milky Way half the time and it under Russian control could really make things interesting.
It's too late to change the beginning of season 10 noe, Flesh and Blood has already been filmed

I too hope Chekov survives, he was a good character

OmegaProject
March 18th, 2006, 10:23 PM
They seem to be killing my favorite secondary character and If Chekov is dead.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BRA'TAC"

Sorry still taking Chekov's death kinda hard:(

donniepw
March 19th, 2006, 07:25 AM
They seem to be killing my favorite secondary character and If Chekov is dead.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BRA'TAC"

Sorry still taking Chekov's death kinda hard:(

Well if they kill off Bra'tac we're all going to take that one pretty hard.
First Pedagrast and now Chekov, thats like two deaths of secondary characters in one season. Can we please limit the killings to like one per season. I'm still in mourning over Janet after all.

Formerhost
March 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Let's hope Chekov has survived, perhaps they somehow managed to crashland on the planet...

the fifth man
March 19th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Let's hope Chekov has survived, perhaps they somehow managed to crashland on the planet...

Although very doubtful, I'll try and stay a little positive. Chekov was a cool character. I'll miss him if he is gone.:(

Lokii
March 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM
I also hope they don't kill him off or turn him into a prior.

nebulan
May 25th, 2006, 09:06 AM
So.... what's the final concensus? Is he dead or not?

I was thinking about making a music vid dedicated to him... it seems pretty clear to me that the korelev was destroyed... but maybe he survived? I guess we won't know until season 10 starts. :(

kirmit
May 25th, 2006, 09:18 AM
well the thing is Daniel, who woz also on the korolev, survives so wot if the ori ships beam everyone off the ships b4 they destroy them, keep them imprisoned and give them one last chance to accept origin so he may still b alive.

Chaka's_Mum
May 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I suppose most likely thing is that Chekov is no more - though I seriously, seriously hope not. I like him!

Trouble is, if the Korelev is the the ship that got splattered across the starscape background, then he could well have done a Prendergast and got as many people off the ship as possible while staying on the bridge himself to supervise what remained of the defence. And therefore is no more. Waaaaaaah!!!! (*sniffle*).

It seems a bit harsh that the leads survive but the secondary character doesn't (again); but then, isn't that one of the functions of a secondary character - to give us the grief of losing a familiar face without having to off one of the leads?

I still hope he's not dead, though. Like I said (take note TPTB):

I like Chekov!

AlterianX
May 26th, 2006, 03:50 AM
maybe he Ascendes and perswade the Ancient's to help fight the Ori and give us the Technolagy so we can kill there follower's

Hexxar
May 26th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I admit I've really just started watching the show ( now I have to go track down a few seasons worth of older episodes) but I like the character.
And I'd have to say- again although I'm not that familiar with the writers habits - that he must survive.
Having the Korelev destroyed and Daniel Jackson alone beam over (and how do they beam through shields?) would be .. very lame. And Col Mitchell was never (iirc) actually shown to have made it to the launch bay, so having him miraculously make it to the launch bay in time and Jackson miraculously beamed off the ship in time would really show a lack of creativity.

OmegaProject
May 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I admit I've really just started watching the show ( now I have to go track down a few seasons worth of older episodes) but I like the character.
And I'd have to say- again although I'm not that familiar with the writers habits - that he must survive.
Having the Korelev destroyed and Daniel Jackson alone beam over (and how do they beam through shields?) would be .. very lame. And Col Mitchell was never (iirc) actually shown to have made it to the launch bay, so having him miraculously make it to the launch bay in time and Jackson miraculously beamed off the ship in time would really show a lack of creativity.

I agree, beaming only Jackson would piss me off badly, and like you said shows a lack of creativity

nebulan
May 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Well, the Ori do have special reason to save only Daniel, I think, probably a similar special reason that they chose Vala to impregnate. but I really don't know.

I decided to make my chekov vid anyway: Chekov Tribute (http://www.csee.wvu.edu/~larissas/ChekovSM.wmv)

It's really short, but it's going on the assumption he dies... *depresses self* Hmm... I wonder if I should post it at Kawoosh, seeing as I have no idea if this is acurrate or not?

kirmit
May 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM
it is possible they'd beam only daniel off because he made that little speech b4 they started attacking.

the fifth man
May 29th, 2006, 08:17 PM
it is possible they'd beam only daniel off because he made that little speech b4 they started attacking.

Also, I think the Ori have a slight interest in our boy Daniel. That's just my opinion, of course.:)

Merlin's_Legacy
May 30th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I personally, think that Vala is responsible for saving Daniel and, quite possibly, the Korolev crew. We know she's on The ship that Tomin is in charge of, and we know that Daniel he will do most anything for her, and Daniel ends up on teh same ship, so I would say that Vala convinces him to save as many people as he can, for whatever reason.

Would be interesting to see Chekov "thank you" conversation with Vala.

qksilver99
June 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Well, the Ori do have special reason to save only Daniel, I think, probably a similar special reason that they chose Vala to impregnate. but I really don't know.

I decided to make my chekov vid anyway: Chekov Tribute (http://www.csee.wvu.edu/%7Elarissas/ChekovSM.wmv)

It's really short, but it's going on the assumption he dies... *depresses self* Hmm... I wonder if I should post it at Kawoosh, seeing as I have no idea if this is acurrate or not?

Nice video. :)

the fifth man
June 8th, 2006, 12:26 PM
All we can really do is hope TPTB like our boy Chekov enough to keep him around. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

36 days and counting until the premiere of SG-1 Season 10.:)

GeneralHammond
June 8th, 2006, 12:42 PM
it's not that difficult to find concrete proof if you look around a bit.

According to IMDB which has never been wrong to my knowledge,
Actor Gary Chalk does not appear in any of season 10.
Actor Matthew Glave (Colonel Emerson) does appear, thus confirming the destruction of the Korolev during the season 9 finale.

But this just opens a whole can of worms, THE ORI's beaming technology is RING TRANSPORTERS. Any ideas?

nebulan
June 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM
it's not that difficult to find concrete proof if you look around a bit.

According to IMDB which has never been wrong to my knowledge,
Actor Gary Chalk does not appear in any of season 10.
Actor Matthew Glave (Colonel Emerson) does appear, thus confirming the destruction of the Korolev during the season 9 finale.

But this just opens a whole can of worms, THE ORI's beaming technology is RING TRANSPORTERS. Any ideas?

IMDB also says that Caldwell won't be in any season 3 atlantis vids, so I thought they might kill him off, but he's in a picture for "misbegotten"
they have since updated the listing at imdb, it's possible imdb just doesn't know yet. I'm honestly not holding out a lot of hope, which is why I made the tribute video I posted earlier, which, by the way, doesn't work anymore, so I posted it at YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yyr5GLWwLs

Oranos
June 10th, 2006, 03:19 PM

It's true that the Ori have rings. But take a look at the Ancients. They have the transporter in Atlantis which makes it very likely that the Ori have something along those lines as well, perhaps even a more advanced version.

freyr's mother
June 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
It's true that the Ori have rings. But take a look at the Ancients. They have the transporter in Atlantis which makes it very likely that the Ori have something along those lines as well, perhaps even a more advanced version.
Maybe they ring an escape pod on board.

Oranos
June 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe they ring an escape pod on board.

You know they really ring a giant pen of doom aboard forcing everyone to run for the F-302's. :p

freyr's mother
June 10th, 2006, 04:11 PM
You know they really ring a giant pen of doom aboard forcing everyone to run for the F-302's. :p
What?

Oranos
June 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM
What?

It's the first completely random thing that I could think of that would make no sense and confuse everyone. *evil laugh*

Actually, why would they beam an escape pod aboard when they could beam some unrelated item like a pen that would scare everyone on the ship and cause mass panic? ;)

nebulan
June 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Lol, the Gary Chalk Interview (http://www.gateworld.net/articles/interviews/chalk01.shtml) doesn't answer any questions, lol.

Lord You
June 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM
It's the first completely random thing that I could think of that would make no sense and confuse everyone. *evil laugh*

Actually, why would they beam an escape pod aboard when they could beam some unrelated item like a pen that would scare everyone on the ship and cause mass panic? ;)
They could beam over the Spanish Inquisition...

Lady Bastet
June 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM
"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BRA'TAC"What? He can die? Seriously I think he is invincible.

nebulan
July 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
:(

er, I mean "Flesh and Blood" (I'm getting my premiers mixed up):
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :danielanime08: They said 6 people survived and I kept hoping, I kept hoping Chekov was one of them.... and then in the guest stars list they mentioned "gary chalk" and I was so happy and giddy, but noooo, he was only in flash backs. If he was one of the 6 survivors, I'm pretty sure we would have seen them. Emmerson probably would have invited him to the bridge or something, I'm pretty sure. So I'm convinced... it's official. :sheppardanime32: I guess I should be glad, my chekov tribute fan vid still works, if he had survived the vid would have been a little weird, but I'd rather have just kept chekov. and quite frankly, I don't know if Bra'tac will survive the season :(

freyr's mother
July 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
:(

No Man's Land:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :danielanime08: They said 6 people survived and I kept hoping, I kept hoping Chekov was one of them.... and then in the guest stars list they mentioned "gary chalk" and I was so happy and giddy, but noooo, he was only in flash backs. If he was one of the 6 survivors, I'm pretty sure we would have seen them. Emmerson probably would have invited him to the bridge or something, I'm pretty sure. So I'm convinced... it's official. :sheppardanime32: I guess I should be glad, my chekov tribute fan vid still works, if he had survived the vid would have been a little weird, but I'd rather have just kept chekov. and quite frankly, I don't konw if Bra'tac will survive the season :(
Yeah, after what he wanted to pull in Flesh and Blood, Breytak might become a cutter.

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM
long live chekov;)

muddyalcapones
July 15th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I think he's one of the survivors and I'll continue to think that until they produce a corpse!

Grace: "ED!"
Rooney: "Relax Grace, It's that little punk Ferris Bueller."
Cameron (with accent on phone): "Pardon me sir, but did you say you wanted to see a body?"

BTW everyone, Cameron of Ferris Bueller fame will be guest starring on Atlantis soon, so YAY!!!

Mr.Clark
July 15th, 2006, 10:04 AM
What? He can die? Seriously I think he is invincible.
I thought that about Selmak/Jacob so I'm not convinced that anyone is invincible.

About Chekov -

I can't see him NOT going down with the ship, however nice it would be :(

All hail the USAF
July 15th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Is anyone else getting the feeling...Bry'tak might be next?

JernejL
July 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM

yes, and if that comes up true, then he could be right now on one of the ORI ships bloeing them up...

the fifth man
July 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Is anyone else getting the feeling...Bry'tak might be next?

I'm going to try and ignore that for now. That, I would hate to see come to pass.

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 15th, 2006, 08:31 PM
no way. Bra'Tac will never die. he feels like a young man of 80;)

the fifth man
July 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
no way. Bra'Tac will never die. he feels like a young man of 80;)

Personally, I want to see him become leader of the Jaffa Nation. I think he would make an excellent leader for them.

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM
as would i...... not sure but think i posted that not long ago... he deffinatly should be. we should make a poll or something to make him :tecmate: of all Jaffa

Jedted
July 15th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Well i hate to say it but it looks like....

Chekov is dead :(

Unless they beamed him aboard the Odessy.

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM

no way. he is one of the main guys on the show. a key figure. he and the other 5 bridge person surely beamed off onto a planet or something;) we will see them again.

the fifth man
July 15th, 2006, 09:27 PM

Unless they beamed him aboard the Odessy.

While it doesn't look too promising, for now, until I hear otherwise, I'll try and remain positive.:)

Elles
July 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Dude, Chekov better be alive. He's one of my favorites...

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
john : stay positive now.":cool:

jimmy
July 16th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Just saw some posts for 'flesh and blood'

I knew it! Go me!

Oh my God, they killed Chekov!

You B*STARDS!

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 16th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Just saw some posts for 'flesh and blood'

I knew it! Go me!

Oh my God, they killed Chekov!

You B*STARDS!
no way!. say it isnt so!:( :eek:

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 17th, 2006, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't be surpised Chekov lives as a prior afterwards.
:( lord nooooooo

daventry
July 17th, 2006, 03:55 AM
He's dead.

Daniel escaped through the Rings and everybody died, including Checov.

Pharaoh Atem
July 17th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Chekov always wanted a 304 and now he died aboard it

Lokii
July 17th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I was sad to see that he didn't make it. I liked the character.

nebulan
July 17th, 2006, 05:01 AM
flesh and blood:
they said 6 were beamed off, I'm pretty sure if chekov was one of them, we would have seen him. *cries*

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 17th, 2006, 10:22 AM
flesh and blood:
they said 6 were beamed off, I'm pretty sure if chekov was one of them, we would have seen him. *cries*
:indeed:

GreyFox
July 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
i'm sure he was a with the 6 that beamed off. if tptb want to

The Engineer
July 17th, 2006, 11:13 AM
No, the captain sinks with his ship. Chekov is dead.
As for killing Bra'tac, I am against this. For what reason? It would be a stupid thing to do on TPTB's part. It would be pointless.

talyn2k1
July 17th, 2006, 11:14 AM
No, the captain sinks with his ship. Chekov is dead.
As for killing Bra'tac, I am against this. For what reason? It would be a stupid thing to do on TPTB's part. It would be pointless.

Unless he dies in the final season/movie dealing the death blow to the Ori. That would be a death with meaning. If they ever did it, that would be the best way.

The Engineer
July 17th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Unless he dies in the final season/movie dealing the death blow to the Ori. That would be a death with meaning. If they ever did it, that would be the best way.
But what kind of captain leaves his crew under battle?!

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 17th, 2006, 07:17 PM
But what kind of captain leaves his crew under battle?!
the entire ship was going.... every person for themselves, also it could have been the oddy doing or maybe even kvasir;) if i was chekov, id beam myself out as well. every human for themselves!

muddyalcapones
July 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I Found Col. Chekov!!!!! He's a character named Col. Brooks on SciFi's new show Eureka!

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I Found Col. Chekov!!!!! He's a character named Col. Brooks on SciFi's new show Eureka!
im not watching it yet, but good thing i set up the dvr

GateLadyM
July 19th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Looks like he is going to be recurring on Eureka. I enjoyed the premiere, and it was good to see him but odd not to have the Russian accent. ;)

cbrseadude
July 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Yea I dont know if this means he is dead because he was on Eureka last night, it was funny him not having the accent. Also wasnt the fat sheriff Nerus or something like that in season nine Beachhead? I think so.

nebulan
July 19th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Seems to me that Gary has moved on, so his character might have as well. alas, you will be remembered my friend. :sam59:

full.infinity
July 19th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Yea I dont know if this means he is dead because he was on Eureka last night, it was funny him not having the accent. Also wasnt the fat sheriff Nerus or something like that in season nine Beachhead? I think so.
Yes, the sheriff was Maury Chaykin who played Nerus.

Ltcolshepjumper
July 19th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Yes, the sheriff was Maury Chaykin who played Nerus.

Let's see... Theyre are two who have already been seen on eureka and the actor who played Narim(sp?) and Simon--Dr. weir's fiance( I forget his name) will be guest starring on Eureka. and I think Bratac dies in Counterstrike. Theyre picking off Sg-1 recurring characters. first Jacob Carter, then they send thor into another galaxy,then Pendergast, then Chekov and then Bratac.Who's next?:sheppard:

Starscraper
July 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I wonder if the Korolev had an Asgard on board like the other Daedalus class ships, if so did it survive?

nebulan
July 20th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I wonder if the Korolev had an Asgard on board like the other Daedalus class ships, if so did it survive?

Hey, that's a good point! They probably did have an Asgard.... will we ever find out who the 6 survivors are? Or are they just gonna leave us eternally wondering?

qksilver99
August 3rd, 2006, 04:25 PM
If anyone is interested - they have a video with Garry at

http://www.transformerscon.com/videos.php

It's about his transformers work, but it's interesting as Garry did a five minute running commentary/ demonstration on how to do different voices.

Pharaoh Atem
August 4th, 2006, 05:04 AM
If anyone is interested - they have a video with Garry at

http://www.transformerscon.com/videos.php

It's about his transformers work, but it's interesting as Garry did a five minute running commentary/ demonstration on how to do different voices.
i never knew he worked on transformers i love transformers :) thanks

tommiekins
August 4th, 2006, 06:37 AM
I was very upset that Chekov died, (at least all indications pointing to that he did), I was hoping that the Oddesey was destroyed because there wasn't any really dynamic characters on it, at least none that had been developed a lot, whereas the Korolev did have Daniel and Chekov on. But ah well, Chekov may live on, somewhere, somehow......

qksilver99
August 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
i never knew he worked on transformers i love transformers :) thanks

Yes, Garry's done a LOT of voice work. Rummages through her bag o' useless stuff

If you're interested in that type o' stuff

http://www.slfa.com/characters/samples/

It's got voice work samples of a lot of the Gate Actors, Teryl, Don, Tom McBeath, Garry, Jay Brazeau, JR Bourne.
Helena

USMCgrunt
August 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Is it just me or did it sound like Gary was voice the Sateda Chancelor's voice when Ronon was walking down the hall and they went to a flashback scene?

AdamRLeggett
August 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM
It was kind of implied that Earth, the Jaffa, the Lucian Alliance and the Asgard all losts ships in the season premiere.

As such I doubt the Asgard on the Korelev (if it had one - which I know is discussed elsewhere) survived.