Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancients terraform galaxy? How old are they really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients terraform galaxy? How old are they really?

This probably has no basis, but I was just curious, could the ancients have terra-formed most of the planets in the Milky Way galaxy. I mean most of the planets in the show are so similar to each other, and we all know the gates were placed on each planet by the ancients.

In season 6 an ancient is found in Antarctica that was 50 MILLION years old. Only 10,000 years ago was Atlantis abandoned. I mean all this time in Stargate Atlantis they keep refering to the ancients who fought the Wraith, but these anceints who fought the wraith are relatively new compared to the ancients such as the one found in season 6. I wonder what the Ancients were doing during those millions of years and before that. The ancients have to have left the Ori galaxy def. over 50 million years ago.

I wonder, were the ancients terra-forming all those planets that have gates over time? Did they do this to the Pegasus galaxy too?

Maybe they did. That is a good theory
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well not sure about the Ancients (though its certaintly within their capacity to do so) but Teal'c mentioned that the Goa'uld also did the same thing to some worlds, that is terraform them to a more..suitable condition. This was mentioned back in season 1 where they go and hunt down a rogue SG team member who was Carters fiancee.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

If that's true that means Goa'uld must have been in control for over millions of years!

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Blade
          If that's true that means Goa'uld must have been in control for over millions of years!
          I don't know about it being that long. Maybe hundreds of thousands but millions would be stretching it. =0)

Comment

It would probably be thousands, millions is probably stretching it a bit.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Hrmm, now that i think of it.
              Why did the ancients created human life all over the place?
              Maybe they to want to build an army to fight a Ori, but they want real enlightend ascended for that. so they protect the humans from interference, ori and their own and collect all those that ascend into their group.
              Increasing their power over time.
              While the ori leech directly from their followers.

Comment

The Gao'uld were dying about 6000 (i'm not sure how many years bc it was but i think 4000) years ago when Ra came to earth and i don't imagine they would have lived very long before then because they were only inhabiting unas back then.
                error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                  Hrmm, now that i think of it.
                  Why did the ancients created human life all over the place?

In the Milky Way galaxy, the Ancients only created human life on Earth. The Goa'uld then spread humanity throughout the rest of the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Blade
                    This probably has no basis, but I was just curious, could the ancients have terra-formed most of the planets in the Milky Way galaxy. I mean most of the planets in the show are so similar to each other, and we all know the gates were placed on each planet by the ancients.

In season 6 an ancient is found in Antarctica that was 50 MILLION years old. Only 10,000 years ago was Atlantis abandoned. I mean all this time in Stargate Atlantis they keep refering to the ancients who fought the Wraith, but these anceints who fought the wraith are relatively new compared to the ancients such as the one found in season 6. I wonder what the Ancients were doing during those millions of years and before that. The ancients have to have left the Ori galaxy def. over 50 million years ago.

I wonder, were the ancients terra-forming all those planets that have gates over time? Did they do this to the Pegasus galaxy too?

"Planets" in the show are so similar since it's mainly filmed in the Vancouver area. I don't believe it's ever been stated that the Ancients were involved in terra-forming.

Comment

I don't think they ever created human life in MW before the plague.

They only created life with the dakara machina when the plague that was going through the MW killed alot of ancients.

Then Ra found earth and alot of Goa'uld's moved human to other planets to do labor and stuff like that.
                      error: signature not found

Comment

they are at least 50million years old certainly enough time

Comment

The goauld done the main terraforming so that the human slaves wouldn't die out. So they had to change the planet to be able to occupy the human slaves and their hosts. That's how I read it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                            The goauld done the main terraforming so that the human slaves wouldn't die out. So they had to change the planet to be able to occupy the human slaves and their hosts. That's how I read it anyway.
                            ...or they claim they did but didn't because they lie, constantly, especially about things that make them look like all powerful gods.

I don't think the Ancients or the Goa'uld did significant terraforming. That's a lot of work. My wild guess is they took planets capable of supporting life in some way and did just enough to them so that they would comfortable for human life; as opposed to say, terraforming mars-like planets.

One of the reasons I think that is: in two cases, the planet with the solar radiation in First Commandment and the planet with the weather issues in touchstone, there were (likely Ancient) devices to maintain the conditions rather than change the planet itself. That doesn't exclude terraforming but there are apparently different ways of 'fixing' a planet.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well sorry to disappoint you but without terraforming the chances of finding another planet suitable for human life in this galaxy are EXTREMELY low.

besides the lanteans were "spreading new life in a galaxy where there appeared to be none"

Comment

Working...
                              X