This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient-super weapon

Regarding the cliffhanger for s9-10 does anyone think that the ancient superweapon in antarctica will be used against the orii. We should be able to power it with 2 Mark II's. Joe Spencer might be able to control it.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Not sure if it has any more drones left considering its last usage. If thats its only ability then not sure if its enough to fight an Ori fleet.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I've watched TLC like a thousand times and it looks like the drones dont explode on impact, instead it looks like they just tear through the ships and then come out the other side killing vital systems in the process. Then it looks like the explosion of the ships in orbit pushes the drones away because of the blast wave. For all we know, they could have gone back down into the outpost.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        I've watched TLC like a thousand times and it looks like the drones dont explode on impact, instead it looks like they just tear through the ships and then come out the other side killing vital systems in the process. Then it looks like the explosion of the ships in orbit pushes the drones away because of the blast wave. For all we know, they could have gone back down into the outpost.
        I noticed the same thing. I thought it was kind of strange they made the drones explode in the next season though.
        error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
          I noticed the same thing. I thought it was kind of strange they made the drones explode in the next season though.
          They probably hadn't fully thought out what they wanted them to do at that point. Nowadays, they do explode though. Just look at that Atlantis ep, ah, was it "The Tower"? I think it was.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You can probably make them do what you want. Only O'neill has had the knowledge on how to operate them, that way he could make them just tear trough anubis ships.

Comment

Anyone with the AT gene can operate the ancient technology ? No ?

Comment

Then again the drones in the Antarctic outpost are probably millions of years old. Do bombs and guns stay the exact same throughout generations? Now give it a few million years.

Comment

Of course not, but the general prinziple stays the same.
                  There are only so many ways to use limited resources to produce a weapon effect.
                  What will happen is that the weapon gets more refined, probaly using less and less power to achive the same effect. Or the same amount of power for a greater effect.

Comment

well in the episode the tower (atlantis) they get a whole heap of drones to protect atlantis, surely some of them could be relocated to the out post on earth

Comment

I think there's an Alteran Satellite weapon similar to the one seen in Atlantis. There's a pic of Carter doing a space walk on what looks like the control crystals of an Ancient device.
                      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/920_05.shtml
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Or she's simply in a room where there is no atmosphere...

It might be possible that they have an unlaunched ancient satelite on the planet surface and they manage to launch it or something. Atleast i can't imagine there was an ancient satelite in orbit of a planet and the asgard would have never found it in all those years?

(also, it's highly possible that the satelite's weren't made untill in pegasus (they did spend about 50 million years in pegasus..))
                        error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                          Or she's simply in a room where there is no atmosphere...

It might be possible that they have an unlaunched ancient satelite on the planet surface and they manage to launch it or something. Atleast i can't imagine there was an ancient satelite in orbit of a planet and the asgard would have never found it in all those years?

(also, it's highly possible that the satelite's weren't made untill in pegasus (they did spend about 50 million years in pegasus..))

No they didnt, they spent 50 million years in MW and spent several million years in pegasus.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Full functional Satelite would be very cool idea. Maybe there is one by the ancient outpost? And even if it's not, they should bring something like this up, in SG-1 or Atlantis. The may have more weapons than just the "laser".

Comment

And perhaps better defenses, so not just to get torn apart from an armada of ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X