This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisit to Kelowna

IMO sometimes in the coming season we should plan a little excursion to Kelowna to see how Jonas and his people are getting along. You know say hi, get some naquadriaa, see wahts been going on with the Ori, if they've visited them yet, that general kind of stuff. Maybe, just maybe the Kelownans got visted by a Prior who offered them satellite tech to destroy their rivals on the planet but in a lovely turn of events they dialed earth as soon as the pesky prior had left and gave the plans to us and we built a few

Hell maybe even Jonas could do something really cool like get shot again and then ascend so we've got at least one friendly ancient that we know up there fighting for us now that Oma's occupied with anubis, Orlin is in a mental institute and Daneil has descended
    I'm sorry but am I the only one who appreciates how totally screwed we really are!?

Rodney you destroyed 3 quaters of a solar sytem!
    5 sixths, look it's not an exact science
    Do you ever give your ego a rest?!

Maybe my mind just conjoured you up for one last romp before i die
    *raises eyebrow*
    Ok, ok one first romp

Joe said there would be no future plans to revisit jonas or kelowna in s10.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

that'd be cool. priors have been all over the place

Comment

While that would be cool, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          I'm sorry but am I the only one who appreciates how totally screwed we really are!?

Rodney you destroyed 3 quaters of a solar sytem!
          5 sixths, look it's not an exact science
          Do you ever give your ego a rest?!

Maybe my mind just conjoured you up for one last romp before i die
          *raises eyebrow*
          Ok, ok one first romp

Comment

Originally posted by nick05
            IMO sometimes in the coming season we should plan a little excursion to Kelowna to see how Jonas and his people are getting along. You know say hi, get some naquadriaa, see wahts been going on with the Ori, if they've visited them yet, that general kind of stuff. Maybe, just maybe the Kelownans got visted by a Prior who offered them satellite tech to destroy their rivals on the planet but in a lovely turn of events they dialed earth as soon as the pesky prior had left and gave the plans to us and we built a few

Hell maybe even Jonas could do something really cool like get shot again and then ascend so we've got at least one friendly ancient that we know up there fighting for us now that Oma's occupied with anubis, Orlin is in a mental institute and Daneil has descended
            that would be great even throw some ori probelm in the mix

and i was thinking about something

did there bother to tell him that there found atlantis i would hope so considering he was trying very hard to find it.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              we'll see i hope there do
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For some strange reason, tptb, simply don't seem to like Jonas or his people. I can understand not liking his people, but the character was awesome, IMO. Corin did a wonderful job protraying him even though there was a large fan base that wanted his character gone since he "Replaced" Daniel.

It seems like the only way we'll see Jonas again is if we go above tptb's heads and bug Scifi and MGM to bring him back.

Though personally, even though having more than one regular female actress on the show would be nice, I still would rather see Jonas there than Vala. I would rather see Jonas there than Mitchell. Though I think the devil will be playing hockey before we see the cutie from Kelowna again...

My Ideal Teams:
                SG1: Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Grogan
                SG2: Mitchell, Jonas, Istaha, Hailey

Comment

For me, I would be keen to the idea of an episode where Earth needed to rescue an ally like the people of Kelowna from the Ori - after formulating a significant defense against the nemisis with the aid of foreign groups like the Asgard or other arcane races not known yet.

From the impending threat of the Ori fleet, the Kelowna desperately seek the help of Tau'ri in hopes of a recourse from the Ori. Though the factions on the planet disagree on many things, they reject the teachings brought by the prior - referring to the Book of Origin. Kelowna then sends a messanger heralding a plea for help through the stargate. After receiving the news from the harbringer, SG-1 is pressed by the situation, and whether they can arrive on time. In a unanimous decsion by U.S. and the international committee - after settling their views - sends a fleet to Kelowna to stop the juggernaut from further incursion. In the midst, SG-1 travels back to the planet where their old friend resides - Jonas . There, they aid in prepration for the arrival of the Ori fleet. They also observe the cooperation between the different governments, since the last time SG-1 came, towards the common goal in protecting their planet - even if the dissenting groups must ally with one another for a short period, which would help in thier struggle for survival against the Ori.

Basically, Earth comes aptly just before the Ori destroys the planet and defends them and saves the day. This would probably be around season 12 ( if the show last that long). Just my small idea, nothing serious.
                  Last edited by randy; 23 February 2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

If they did an episode with jonas coming back it would be like another Ethon the ori gave the kelownans a superweapon and the odyssey would be the one to go after it and it would be destroyed again. But i maybe wrong if they did an episode with jonas.

Comment

The wouldn't do a ep like ethon again. But randys idea sounds interesting.

Comment

I would love for SG1 to revisit "Langara". They would do an Ethon ep as the three sides were allied by S7, so i doubt that will happen. Sadly, I dont see us visiting Langara in S10, as much as I would like it, Jonas was a great character and had the potential to be part of the show for a lot longer than one season (they could've put him in Atlantis)
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Heh, I should have checked Omnipedia before I posted.

Comment

Ethon would have been a good ep for the return of Jonas and Kelowna

Comment

Here is an idea of how to bring in Langara. The Joint Council comes to Earth telling them that have been visited by Priors. They don't know what to do, etc. Well, when they decide to return to Langara, they dial in, and Sam notices a distortion. After sending in a MALP, they find out that the Langaran Gate was rigged to set off a discharge that set off the Naquadria. The planet becomes a fire ball, and starts to collapse. Hence the second Beach head!

Comment

Working...
                              X