PDA

View Full Version : Irony or a Hint?

Peoples_General
February 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Remember when Vala was in the SGC infirmary with Daniel, Cam, and the others. Then she suddenly bursts out saying "Lets make babies!"

Now in Season 10 Gabriel is pregnant and gives birth to Hope the daugher of the god-of-evil Dahak... woops... I mean Vala becoems pregnant and gives life to Adria the oracle and Ori-incarnate. :vala:

The Ori
February 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Yeh I remember that, there must be sumthing goin on there!

Mattathias2.0
February 16th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I use to be a huge fan of Xena...

I noticed that. But anyways, when Vala said she was pregnant - blah blah blah - I had a feeling it might come to pass for real.

I have noticed since S8 that they have been foreshadowing things in episodes, so I pay attention.

Mattathias

PG15
February 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
What foreshadowing did Season 8 have?

Mattathias2.0
February 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
What foreshadowing did Season 8 have?

Avatar: In the "game", Daniel was Goa'ulded, which actually happened in the Alt-Reality in Moebius.

New Order: Yu states "Enough! With each passing moment, Anubis grows more powerful!" and replies "And so are you" when Daniel says "Your ship isn’t coming. It was destroyed en route by Ba’al. The collective forces of the System Lords are bowing, and you’re losing the war." We were losing the "war" in Reckoning up until the very end of the episode.... and Anubis was more powerful and he wasn't thru with until Threads.

Mattathias

joshuaselig
February 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Remember when Vala was in the SGC infirmary with Daniel, Cam, and the others. Then she suddenly bursts out saying "Lets make babies!"

Now in Season 10 Gabriel is pregnant and gives birth to Hope the daugher of the god-of-evil Dahak... woops... I mean Vala becoems pregnant and gives life to Adria the oracle and Ori-incarnate. :vala:

I think thats the basic gist of it, however I've heard that Chulak (How many times does this planet have to be attacked???) will be attacked by the new ori Oracle!!

KillerMercury
February 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM

I thought it was a fun play at the fact that she just played Aeryn, who was pregnant in PK Wars.

Mattathias2.0
February 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I thought it was a fun play at the fact that she just played Aeryn, who was pregnant in PK Wars.

Foreshadowing, and reference... How original...

Mattathias

KillerMercury
February 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Foreshadowing, and reference... How original...

Mattathias

I think they made the pregnant Vala plot partly because CB was pregnant at the time...

Mattathias2.0
February 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I think they made the pregnant Vala plot partly because CB was pregnant at the time...

I didn't know that.... who's the father? I'm guessing it's not the Ori.

Mattathias

NakedJehutyV2
February 17th, 2006, 01:38 AM
yeah pk wars was definately the best farcrap has put out. that much i'll admit.

shows that black sg1 from ripple effect were already in s10 prolly like ep 2-4

Ascended Times.2
February 17th, 2006, 01:49 AM
^ *Twitches and pulls right hand away from handing out red*
PLEASE. Do not insult shows that the majority of folks liked...
*Puts on scowling cap*

Anyway, nice call, I never noticed the Yu thing...And, I loved Avatar, and didn't notice this aswell. :) Like I said, good call.

Lonewolf
February 17th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I think the series is full of hints, you just need to look for them.

I just wonder about the black team in Ripple effect has to hinted to with the second beach head and looking for a ZPM? I think it means we get our butt kicked.

da_hippie
February 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM

I just wonder about the black team in Ripple effect has to hinted to with the second beach head and looking for a ZPM? I think it means we get our butt kicked.
Yeah, we'll clearly end up needing another ZPM and Mitchell will have to defuse a big Ori bomb.

Lonewolf
February 21st, 2006, 04:55 AM
Yeah, we'll clearly end up needing another ZPM and Mitchell will have to defuse a big Ori bomb.
We will have to see....

leaper
February 21st, 2006, 05:17 AM
I'm going with a definate "furphy" that ended up having some truth in it eventually...

Lonewolf
February 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM
I'm going with a definate "furphy" that ended up having some truth in it eventually...
A what???

Furphy? sorry whats that

the fifth man
February 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM

It will be interesting to see if anything does end up coming from that. Personally, I sure hope it does.:)

leaper
February 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
A what???

Furphy? sorry whats that

Sorry, Aussie expression, "talk around the water cooler that has no real substance, ie: rumour"

Lonewolf
February 22nd, 2006, 05:20 AM
Sorry, Aussie expression, "talk around the water cooler that has no real substance, ie: rumour"
Ahhh ... i get it now thankyou

Otera
March 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM

I think :vala: blackmailed.... err... nevermind?

KillerMercury
March 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I think :vala: blackmailed.... err... nevermind?

Eh, I had a good guess. They really were thinking (there was a chance that they weren't gonna do it) of bringing her back pregnant. It just sweetened the deal that she was.

The Engineer
March 7th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Irony or a Hint?
Irony not Hint. When the first episodes were written there were no plans for Vala to return later. Then TPTB loved her performance and made possible her return. CB was pregnant and Sci Fi WANTED for TPTB to write CB's pregnancy into the show. Hint? No. The pregnancy was not premeditated in the show. What happened in real life has no relevance to the show, I guess it happened for Sci Fi to want a pregnancy for Vala.

Formerhost
March 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I didn't know that.... who's the father? I'm guessing it's not the Ori.

Mattathias

Claudia got married at the beginning of 2004 (and sacrificed her honeymoon for Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series, which was being filmed at that time), so it's logical that the father is her husband :)

Mattathias2.0
March 8th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Claudia got married at the beginning of 2004 (and sacrificed her honeymoon for Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series, which was being filmed at that time), so it's logical that the father is her husband :)

I didn't know she was married... I mean, who is the husband?

Mattathias

talyn2k1
March 9th, 2006, 12:46 PM
lucky git

NakedJehutyV2
March 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
don't have to be married to have mistakes, o wait children. horny teens and people have kids all the time. it's a real problem in the US

Mattathias2.0
March 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
It happened in my family...

Don't look at me.

Mattathias

Mattathias2.0
March 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Here's another example of a hint...

I recently watched SGA's Home, in it, the Alien as General Hammond says they are planning to militerize Atlantis... and that it was bound to happen sooner or later...

In The Siege Part II, Col. Everett arrives with orders to take command of Atlantis...

Much of S2 has had an unclear chain of command, dealing with the numerous appearences of Col. Caldwell, commander of the Daedelus.

Mattathias