PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah: A Great Series but not well known...

Stargate Agent
July 22nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Has anyone heard of this series?? It is an awesome show.

It was produced by the same guy who did Babylon 5. It had some of the best storylines I have seen for a post-apocalyptic show!

Unfortunately the producer had a falling out with the studio (MGM) and the show stop mid-production in Season 2.

If you haven't watched this show from the beginning I highly suggest you seek it out. :cool:

Anthro Girl
July 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
My husband liked it very much. He used to watch it on Showtime when they would air it right after Stargate (Season 5?). It was good, but I just couldn't get into it. I wonder if they'll ever show the rest of S2 anywhere? I know there are at least some eps that were filmed and Showtime has had a teaser "coming soon" on their site for a long, long, long time.

morjana
August 2nd, 2004, 09:57 PM
From IGN Film Force:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/535/535100p1.html?fromint=1

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

...Jeremiah will return to Friday nights in September on the main Showtime channel with two episodes per week, running at 8pm and 9pm. Repeats will air on the Showtime Too channel on Saturdays at 9pm with another repeat on Showtime Beyond Sunday nights at 8pm and Thursday nights at 10pm. All times are US Eastern. Fans who want to catch up on the first season of Jeremiah (also available on DVD) can tune into Showtime Too starting this Friday, August 6th when the channel will start running three-episode blocks of season one as a lead-up to the second series.

(Odysser 5) Showtime will bring the series back in September, when it will take over the three-hour block being used for Jeremiah season one repeats. This should mean that the six unaired episodes will air as part of the run but as faithful Odyssey 5 viewers know, you can't assume anything where this show's broadcast schedule is concerned.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

joshing123
August 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Finally!!!!!

Matt G
August 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
Would have preferred an S2 of O5 but I'll happily take six unaired eps :)

karen_s_c
August 4th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Well, now that Manny Coto has taken over ST: Enterprise, I'm afraid that S1 of Odyssey 5 is all we'll ever get of that show. I really enjoyed it a lot. It was different, had character development all over the place, AND had action.

sclairef99
August 7th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Has anyone heard of this series?? It is an awesome show.

It was produced by the same guy who did Babylon 5. It had some of the best storylines I have seen for a post-apocalyptic show!

Unfortunately the producer had a falling out with the studio (MGM) and the show stop mid-production in Season 2.

If you haven't watched this show from the beginning I highly suggest you seek it out. :cool:

My Husband and I really enjoyed it....wished it would come back!

S

Anthro Girl
August 7th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Well, at least we'll get to finish it. See this announcement (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2946) re: Jeremiah and Odyssey 5 on Showtime in September.

Zalax Zal
August 10th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I've heard of it but I've never seen it. It looks like a good show and I really wanna see it. What channel it come on? Showtime?

Zal

Anthro Girl
August 10th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Showtime, but I believe at least the first season is out on DVD, so you might be able to rent it.

Elwe Singollo
August 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Question, did the show get cancelled??

Anthro Girl
August 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yes. But Showtime hasn't aired all the remaining episodes yet.

Elwe Singollo
August 10th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Oh... Sad, i watched a few episodes while i stayed at a hotel, it was interesting... :S

Anthro Girl
August 17th, 2004, 03:16 AM
So, in other words...

Showtime is showing Jeremiah on Friday (and Saturday) nights in three-episode blocks and Odyssey 5 in September on Friday nights? At 45 minutes per episode, that puts it in conflict with the first run of Stargate and Atlantis on Friday nights. :(

WTG, Showtime...as if they didn't know that Stargate fans watched Jeremiah and Odyssey 5? They were the ones who set that up! :rolleyes: Luckily, SciFi rebroadcasts Stargate/Atlantis, but still...

morjana
September 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20040910%5FDATETIME%3A3272293560,00.html

TV Best Bets for Friday, September 10
By Courtney Potter

Jeremiah
8:00 PM - Showtime

Two more all-new episodes from the good folks at Showtime. At 8 p.m., Mister Smith (Sean Astin) waits for a miracle, while the people at Thunder Mountain are concerned with the army Markus (Peter Stebbings) is building. Later, Kurdy (Malcolm Jamal-Warner) puts trust in an acquaintance, and Jeremiah (Luke Perry) is imprisoned.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

morjana
September 18th, 2004, 11:54 PM
From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20040924%5FDATETIME%3A3273460648,00.html

TV Best Bets for Friday, September 24
By Courtney Potter

Jeremiah

"Jeremiah," Showtime's sci-fi drama based on a European series of graphic novels, wraps up its run with a two-part finale -- both ends of which are airing this evening. Mister Smith (Sean Astin) shows Jeremiah (Luke Perry) and Kurdy ("Listen Up's" Malcolm-Jamal Warner) a refuge for children who will need protection from the war. At 9 p.m., some sort of "painful truth" sets Jeremiah's future course, while Markus (Peter Stebbings) and Kurdy must combat enemy forces around Thunder Mountain. Can our heroes forge a future worth living for? We may never know, but it'll be a gallant effort nonetheless.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

DownFallAngel
September 19th, 2004, 07:59 AM
I'll be watching. This show is getting good.

But I'll catch it on Sunday at 9pm and 10pm.

8 is Teen Titans, 8:30 is Justice Leauge, then Jeremiah.

David85
September 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I'll be watching. This show is getting good.

Too bad it was canceled.

Sela
September 19th, 2004, 07:02 PM
From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20040924%5FDATETIME%3A3273460648,00.html

TV Best Bets for Friday, September 24
By Courtney Potter

Jeremiah

"Jeremiah," Showtime's sci-fi drama based on a European series of graphic novels, wraps up its run with a two-part finale -- both ends of which are airing this evening. Mister Smith (Sean Astin) shows Jeremiah (Luke Perry) and Kurdy ("Listen Up's" Malcolm-Jamal Warner) a refuge for children who will need protection from the war. At 9 p.m., some sort of "painful truth" sets Jeremiah's future course, while Markus (Peter Stebbings) and Kurdy must combat enemy forces around Thunder Mountain. Can our heroes forge a future worth living for? We may never know, but it'll be a gallant effort nonetheless.

I have just started watching Jeremiah on DVD (from Netfiix.com) and I love it! I finished the pilot just a few days ago and am waiting on the other episodes to show up in my mailbox. It is an amazing show and the writing is the best in the business. Good, clear, intelligent - much better than I expected. And Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner are incredible! I can't wait to see the rest of it. When the complete show is on DVD, I'm going to get the whole set. Love this show.

Invisible_Steph
November 10th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Just wondering if anyone here watches this show called Jeremiah? It has recently started showing on Australian tv late at night and i find it intriguing... not the greatest show but it isnt too bad and i like it. I think the storyline is interesting as it explores what the world would be like if all adults were to be killed off and children had to survive on their own.

Blue Banrigh
November 10th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I ordered the first season boxset, and it came two days after it started here in Australia. But it's worth it, and it does get better. IMHO it's at it's most interesting when ThunderMountain gets involved with the outside world.

Favourite characters are Markus Alexander, Theo and Erin.

But then again, I got it in order to watch Peter Stebbings (the Tok'Ra Malek). :)

blueiris
November 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Oh great! Jeremiah fans. I've seen every episode, including the last. :(
I was sorry to hear that it was cancelled and that they would continue in comic book form (I believe that was the plan). But the series ends in a way that you're not left hanging but in a way it can go on (don't want to say too much). The last season is the best. It got better each season and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. Have fun and enjoy! :)

CultTVGirl
November 10th, 2004, 08:23 AM
I loved the first season of Jeremiah. However, that finished ages ago in the UK and we're STILL waiting to see season two! :(

*taps foot impatiently*

Can't wait to see Sean Astin in season two. My favourite character from season one was Markus though. They should have focused a bit more on him I think.

It's a shame it's been cancelled (is that official now?) because it could have gone so many different ways.

David85
November 10th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Been official for years now. They were just showing the episodes that never aired before.

Elwe Singollo
November 10th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Ya, i noticed it was official once i saw the black dude on a CBS show recently :rolleyes:

aussie_gal
November 10th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I like the show, Its only been showing in australia for a short time. But at first i thought that is going to be bad but i was wrong i actually like it . the only thing worng is that in south australia they show it at 12:30pm( at night)

lizzi

Invisible_Steph
November 11th, 2004, 04:34 AM
I ordered the first season boxset, and it came two days after it started here in Australia. But it's worth it, and it does get better. IMHO it's at it's most interesting when ThunderMountain gets involved with the outside world.

Favourite characters are Markus Alexander, Theo and Erin.

But then again, I got it in order to watch Peter Stebbings (the Tok'Ra Malek). :)

So the first season has come out on DVD here in Australia?? Or have you bought it from overseas?... Cuz i would def buy it if it was out on DVD here.

Blue Banrigh
November 11th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Nope, not here in Australia yet, I ordered it from Amazon. I think I paid about AUS$90 for it (including postage and handling). Still waiting for season 2 to be released on DVD.

It's also showing here in Perth at the crappy time of 12.30.

Who knew I'd own a boxset staring Luke Perry.

So they only had two and a half seasons? Have they shown the third season yet?

blueiris
November 11th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Nope, not here in Australia yet, I ordered it from Amazon. I think I paid about AUS$90 for it (including postage and handling). Still waiting for season 2 to be released on DVD.

It's also showing here in Perth at the crappy time of 12.30.

Who knew I'd own a boxset staring Luke Perry.

So they only had two and a half seasons? Have they shown the third season yet?

The third season was the best IMO. I would have loved for it to go on.

Blue Banrigh
November 11th, 2004, 07:37 AM
What was the last episode of the series?

blueiris
November 11th, 2004, 07:55 AM
What was the last episode of the series?

I looked at the web site, and it appears there was no season 3. I guess those last episodes were just shown so long after I assumed they were season 3.

Its still listed on the MGM web site, though.

aussie_gal
January 28th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Hiya

i was wondering has anyone seen the Show Jeremiah. I know its cancelled now . but iwass wondering what you guys think of it.

liz

Blue Banrigh
January 28th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Love Markus Alexander. :D I like it best when they involve ThunderMountain, for me that is always the most interesting aspects.

I'm waiting for them to release season two on DVD. Hope it doesn't take too long.

aussie_gal
January 28th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Oh i love him too.Yea hopefully it wont take long to get season 2.

Blue Banrigh
February 12th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if you already know this but season two will start airing this Thursday on Seven. It's on at 12:30 but at least it's on. :D

Must remember to tape in case I fall asleep.

aussie_gal
February 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Oh i cant wait. for it

DownFallAngel
February 16th, 2005, 08:45 PM
TVTome reports that it has been cancelled. They didn't list a source though.

aussie_gal
February 16th, 2005, 08:59 PM
No it is definaly cancelled. if you go on Jeremiah' s offical website im sure it say that it is

Blue Banrigh
February 17th, 2005, 01:12 AM
No it is definaly cancelled. if you go on Jeremiah' s offical website im sure it say that it is
Yep cancelled. Luke Perry is now either doing broadway or theatre (the latter I hope, imagining him doing the former just makes me laugh).

aussie_gal
February 17th, 2005, 05:28 PM
ITs a pitty thouhg i really like the show

Sela
February 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I saw Jeremiah when it went to DVD and I loved it! I'm sorry to hear that it was canceled - I wanted to find out how it all ended up! Can you post the link to the website?

furling
February 17th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I watched a bit of it last night here in australia as it was on at 12:30am after Stargate SG1 had a double ep (new eps, just started season 8

Blue Banrigh
February 18th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I watched a bit of it last night here in australia as it was on at 12:30am after Stargate SG1 had a double ep (new eps, just started season 8
Are they showing the same episode of Jeremiah? Or are they doing the stargate thing with different episodes just for the Melbournites?

The one they aired for Perth yesterday was "Letters From the Other Side Part 1".

The Official Jeremiah Site (http://www.jeremiah.tv/)

furling
February 18th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Are they showing the same episode of Jeremiah? Or are they doing the stargate thing with different episodes just for the Melbournites?

The one they aired for Perth yesterday was "Letters From the Other Side Part 1".

The Official Jeremiah Site (http://www.jeremiah.tv/)
they were doing double eps of SG1, both season 8 eps New Order

Brassguy
February 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
wasn't this the show that essentially replaced Stargate SG-1 on Showtime?

Blue Banrigh
February 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
It did? Was there a fan war?

aussie_gal
February 21st, 2005, 11:46 PM

really i didn't know that.

KayMan2k
February 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM

Yes. When SciFi picked up SG-1, Showtime aired Jeremiah in SG-1's old timeslot.

The shows do have a lot in common though...
- Both shows have a command center in Chyenne Mountian
- Both shows have a team exploring unknown lands to find supplies/technology.
- The main character in both shows has a blood relative that died and blames themself.
- The set of SG-1 is used without much modification in Jeremiah.
- The first episodes ships free with some region 1 season 6 box sets.

Blue Banrigh
February 22nd, 2005, 02:35 PM
I think on one of the commentaries for SG they mention that the sets of Kelowna (Jonas' planet) is the same for the Thundermountain.

aussie_gal
February 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
I think on one of the commentaries for SG they mention that the sets of Kelowna (Jonas' planet) is the same for the Thundermountain.

really cool.
do you have a favourite character

Blue Banrigh
February 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
really cool.
do you have a favourite character
Markus Alexander, Erin and Kurdy. :D

Atlantis1
February 23rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
I don't have Showtime so I finally was able to get the dvds. I don't like the language but the writing is excellent. It is a shame they cancelled the show.

Blue Banrigh
February 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
I don't have Showtime so I finally was able to get the dvds. I don't like the language but the writing is excellent. It is a shame they cancelled the show.
You don't like it in English? What dub/language do you listen to it in then?

aussie_gal
February 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Markus Alexander, Erin and Kurdy. :D

OH markus and erin are my favourites as well

Blue Banrigh
February 24th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Shoot! I completely forgot that they showed it on Tuesday as well. :( I missed out the second part of Letters From the Otherside. Damn, I was looking forward to that ep. It sounded like it had a lot of Markus in it.

I still don't see why Peter Stebbings and Ingrid Kavelaars aren't in credits, they are practically in every episode. Oh Well.

Atlantis1
February 25th, 2005, 12:55 PM
You don't like it in English? What dub/language do you listen to it in then?

English is fine. It is the foul language I speak of.

Blue Banrigh
February 25th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, gotcha. My brain doesn't really register the swearing anymore.

greytop
February 25th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Could someone tell me if Jeremiah was shown on any other channel beside Showtime in the US?

I have cable but didn't want to have Showtime.
Thanks for your answer and infromation.

aussie_gal
February 26th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Shoot! I completely forgot that they showed it on Tuesday as well. :( I missed out the second part of Letters From the Otherside. Damn, I was looking forward to that ep. It sounded like it had a lot of Markus in it.

I still don't see why Peter Stebbings and Ingrid Kavelaars aren't in credits, they are practically in every episode. Oh Well.

dont worry i missed it as well i gues you can wait for teh dvds to come out. Yeah its a shame about how there not on the creds but you can't help that.

What do you guys think Of Mister Smith

Blue Banrigh
February 26th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Crazy. :D But other then that, will reserve judgement till the next couple of episodes.

ruach
February 26th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Yep cancelled. Luke Perry is now either doing broadway or theatre (the latter I hope, imagining him doing the former just makes me laugh).
In what way ? Broadway and theatre...umm isn't that more or less the same thing? Not that there isn't theatre all over the world but when you say Broadway did you think he would be dong something other than theatre on Broadway? Color me confused... :S

aussie_gal
February 26th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Crazy. :D But other then that, will reserve judgement till the next couple of episodes.

yeah he's pretty funny

Blue Banrigh
February 27th, 2005, 12:54 AM
In what way ? Broadway and theatre...umm isn't that more or less the same thing? Not that there isn't theatre all over the world but when you say Broadway did you think he would be dong something other than theatre on Broadway? Color me confused... :S
I got the impression that Broadway required spontaneously bursting into song and dance, while theatre that's not really a requirement.

A little research, he was doing a play "When Harry Met Sally" with Alyson Hannigan.

aussie_gal
February 28th, 2005, 11:48 PM
yeah thats right a bout the difference but some plays do have songs.

Blue Banrigh
March 3rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Okay, Mr Smith. IMHO he's dangerous. He may come off as crazy and funny, but there's more. Did you see how he went at that guy with the pole?

I wonder how he has all these revelations, I mean does he really speak to God? :D Maybe he's a Cylon.

aussie_gal
March 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Okay, Mr Smith. IMHO he's dangerous. He may come off as crazy and funny, but there's more. Did you see how he went at that guy with the pole?

I wonder how he has all these revelations, I mean does he really speak to God? :D Maybe he's a Cylon.

yeah i did. I think that he really does speak to "god" but also a long the way i think that he got a bit weird. ok a lot. lol

Liam Kincaid
August 7th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Well, now that Manny Coto has taken over ST: Enterprise, I'm afraid that S1 of Odyssey 5 is all we'll ever get of that show. I really enjoyed it a lot. It was different, had character development all over the place, AND had action.

They should at least let us know how they were planning on ending it. Did they stop Earth from imploding "again" or not? Or did TPTB never figure that out? Is that why they cancelled the show, because they wrote themselves into a corner?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 8th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I've never seen an episode of Jeremiah but I would like to. There's only one problem, I don't have Showtime (or HBO)

morjana
August 8th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I've never seen an episode of Jeremiah but I would like to. There's only one problem, I don't have Showtime (or HBO)

Okay, you aware that you're replying to a thread that originated over a year ago?

Secondly, Jeremiah was cancelled. As far as I can tell, it's no longer being broadcast on Showtime. I believe it is available on DVD, however, I wouldn't recommend buying it.

(It was so bad, it wasn't even funny to watch. It was just sad.)

Morjana

blueiris
August 9th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Okay, you aware that you're replying to a thread that originated over a year ago?

Secondly, Jeremiah was cancelled. As far as I can tell, it's no longer being broadcast on Showtime. I believe it is available on DVD, however, I wouldn't recommend buying it.

(It was so bad, it wasn't even funny to watch. It was just sad.)

Morjana
I loved Jeremiah. And Odyssey 5.

Auralis
August 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
They should at least let us know how they were planning on ending it. Did they stop Earth from imploding "again" or not? Or did TPTB never figure that out? Is that why they cancelled the show, because they wrote themselves into a corner?

No, MC said he planed all 5 years of the show out before even thinking about filiming.
It was canceled and pulled back then because the showtime head honcho didn't liked sci-fi, even it it meaned canceling their highest rated show on the air.

Liam Kincaid
August 17th, 2005, 12:03 AM
No, MC said he planed all 5 years of the show out before even thinking about filiming.
It was canceled and pulled back then because the showtime head honcho didn't liked sci-fi, even it it meaned canceling their highest rated show on the air.

I would love to know how it was supposed to end. If Showtime doesn't want it, any chance of the Sci-Fi channel ever finishing it? Even as a mini-series perhaps?

Auralis
August 17th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Well, O5 is a sony product, who knows, but sofar all atemps to sell it failed.
and which each passing year it will be getting harder, up to the point where actors need to be replaced and the whole thing started from scratch, since it has a few teenaged actors in it that are a big part of the story. So i don't think its ever going to happen.

mrX225
February 1st, 2006, 09:31 PM
hey dont know if this has been said
but here goes y did all the tec go didnt all adults die not the tec