Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they make more Prometheus Class ships? (spoilers for s8, s9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they make more Prometheus Class ships? (spoilers for s8, s9)

Since the ship is based on the dandelus (or however you spell it) does that mean that they have retired the prometheus design?

Looks like it.
    Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

A lot of people here would say so, but I doubt it...the Daedulus is a tad bit bigger, and I have a feeling that we'll see more Prometheus class vessels, just a lot more advanced. They're more economical...and is most likely the schematics that the Russians and French and rest of the allies have.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
        A lot of people here would say so, but I doubt it...the Daedulus is a tad bit bigger, and I have a feeling that we'll see more Prometheus class vessels, just a lot more advanced. They're more economical...and is most likely the schematics that the Russians and French and rest of the allies have.
        Very true about the schematics. Perhaps the Korelev will be a Prometheus-class vessel.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How exactly is the Prometheus body shape more economical that the Daedalus body?

Comment

i could see the Prometheus design being used for things which don't need excessive combat such as exploration, tranporting cargo, alpha and beta site defence and maybe even becoming emergency evacuation ships based at sites.

sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought that the Russians were building a Prometheus class. Just have to wait and see I guess (hopefully Camelot?).

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Originally posted by DrMongol
                I could be wrong, but I thought that the Russians were building a Prometheus class. Just have to wait and see I guess (hopefully Camelot?).
                I sure hope so. At least the design can live on for awhile.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I sure hope so. At least the design can live on for awhile.
                  Well........... Spoilage below:

*Under breath*
                  Until the Ori blow it up.............................

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Well........... Spoilage below:

*Under breath*
                    Until the Ori blow it up.............................
                    Sucks for them.
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I hope the Russisans have a Daedalus-design but of course, the Russians will have to change it a bit. At least I hope so. And hopefully, we will get a new design in the future.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Their will never be another promethius class ship, the only reason the promethius survived as long as it did ( in active service) was because we had no other option, and it couldnt be destroyed because of the defence it brung.
                        The deadalus's however are far superior ships in many many ways, and they become the standard blueprint for all near future earth ships. until another inovation in our techolgy is created they will standarise the componants as much as possible to up production rate and lower production costs.
                        The promethius was the first and the last.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          Their will never be another promethius class ship, the only reason the promethius survived as long as it did ( in active service) was because we had no other option, and it couldnt be destroyed because of the defence it brung.
                          The deadalus's however are far superior ships in many many ways, and they become the standard blueprint for all near future earth ships. until another inovation in our techolgy is created they will standarise the componants as much as possible to up production rate and lower production costs.
                          The promethius was the first and the last.
                          far superior??? Same type of shields, same type of weapons. Only differences bein slightly bigger, the design and that it woz built with everythin already in place. It may be superior but only slightly.

As for another being built no i don't we'll eva see a prometheus class agen, ppl who say the allies will get prommie designs rele aren't thinkin of the bigger picture.

Comment

Far superior in that they have better shields, faster, better weapons, more fighters, better computer systems, better layout and design. and an asgard onbard.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              Far superior in that they have better shields, faster, better weapons, more fighters, better computer systems, better layout and design. and an asgard onbard.
                              hmmm well they had the same shields, same speed and same weapons by the time
                              Spoiler:
                              The prommie came to be destroyed
                              prommie woz upgraded with everythin the deddy has. Also design is debateable for example i much prefer the prommie design.

Comment

Working...
                              X