This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori threat

Seeing as how the Ori are ascended beings, and they know every secret science, even with any Ancient tech, how are we meant to beat there tech. There tech would essentially be perfect, I.e, even tech that the Ethon planet built thrashed our tech and that was with inferior workmanship and materials.

The stuff the Alterans built was pre-ascended, so not as good as what the Ori tech should be. I bet the Ori could perfect the Trinity project with their unlimited knowledge.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Originally posted by Salas1
    Seeing as how the Ori are ascended beings, and they know every secret science, even with any Ancient tech, how are we meant to beat there tech. There tech would essentially be perfect, I.e, even tech that the Ethon planet built thrashed our tech and that was with inferior workmanship and materials.

The stuff the Alterans built was pre-ascended, so not as good as what the Ori tech should be. I bet the Ori could perfect the Trinity project with their unlimited knowledge.
    It's not unlimited knowledge...

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Keep in mind just because the Ori infact know everything. They still appear to be governed under the laws of the universe in some respect. We know they can't affect things in another galaxy. There reach seems to be somewhat limited to the particular galaxy they have control over.
      Christopher H.
      Stargate Atlantis Fan
      WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Also, ascended beings aren't omnipresent. They have to actually move their non-corporeal form around in order to go places. They do seem to have "limited omnipotence," (yes, I know it's an oxymoron) however.

Comment

Daniel Jackson said that ascended being are not all-knowing. Therfor, I don't think they have unlimited knowledge and they do not have unlimited power.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

The technology might not actually come from the Ori - remember the trouble Orlin got into for passing on weapons technology to mortal planers?
            I think that the Priors (with their superior brain power) have developed or stolen tech to serve the Ori (perhaps with a few hints that don't break Ascended rules).
            This can mean that the (followers of the) Ori ships can still be barnacling formidable, but not completely invincible like they'd nearly be if they were constructed using Ascended knowledge.

Comment

^^^^^^

Sigh..........

Orlin got in trouble because what he did went against the Ancient's rules.

The Ori don't give a sh*t about the Ancient's rules because they hate them. The Priors become Priors through the direct action of the Ori who artificially evolve them.

There are no rules for ascension if it happens naturally (as proven by the fact that Anubis ascended) and the only rules an ascended being has to obey (aside from the laws of reality that exist on their plane of existance, I'm sure) are the one's they make for themselves. The Ori can do whatever the Hell they want in their own galaxy, including telling the humans there how to build all kinds of cool-looking ships.

Ascended beings here can't do anything because the Ancients are so numerous that they will enforce their own rules on you. One of those rules is to stay the hell out of the lower plains of existance.

Comment

We beat them by refusing to fight them on their terms. We attack them at times and places of our choosing eg when they arn't ready to fight or least expect it.

We assassinate their priors at any opportunity, we have the tech to neutralise their abilities, then it's simply a matter of shooting them.

We employ "scorched earth" policies to deny them anything of use once they make an advance. One example of this is to lob a stargate that has dialed the black hole planet into the star of a solar system the ori have a foothold in. It's debatable if this would work given the power of the Ori but it's worth a try.

Finally we take the fight to them on their territory by spreading the word that the Ori a bullsh*t to the people in the Ori Galaxy. Give the Ori something to worry about in their own backyard so to speak.

Comment

We beat them by introducing Scientology to the rest of the universe. Once the believers turn to Tom Cruise as their idol the Ori would no longer be able to sap power from the people and eventually be just another mark on Cruise's defeated alien list...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                    We beat them by introducing Scientology to the rest of the universe. Once the believers turn to Tom Cruise as their idol the Ori would no longer be able to sap power from the people and eventually be just another mark on Cruise's defeated alien list...
                    Cruise for president!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                      Daniel Jackson said that ascended being are not all-knowing. Therfor, I don't think they have unlimited knowledge and they do not have unlimited power.
                      Daniel Jackson said they were not all knowing in the sense that they don't know everything that is going on at that particular moment. They are enlightened however on the secrets of the universe, so would have essentially the best tech possible. The stuff the Ancients built was pre ascension, so the Ori tech would be better.

Also, the Ori cannot interfere directly with our galaxy because the Ancients protect us. In their own galaxy however they can do whatever they want.
                      "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
                      Woman:What
                      Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

I see what your saying and agree to a large extent but what puzzels me is why they bother to even try and create a beach head when they could use their knowledge to create ships with intergalactic hyperdrive. They should be more advanced than pre-ascended alterains so why dont they have fast hyperdrives even better than Asgard's.

Comment

The saying that the ancients had unlocked the secrets of the universe is patently false. Yes they had made ridiculous technological and physiological advancements but they didn't know everything. Heck, they left the MW galaxy because they couldn't overcome the plague in the galaxy. I think this is why people are so flustered by the notion the ancients could be ran out of dodge by the wraith while we of our small expedition team and no capital ship to speak of can stay alive and trick the wraith into believing the city of Atlantis no longer exists.

Oh Orlin spilled the beans on another myth. The ancients are all-knowing because apparently they can't even extend their knowledge outside of a single galaxy. Orlin told the prior that the moment he stepped foot in "THIS" galaxy his life was an open book to him. The question I have is what the heck does Ancients spend their time doing?

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                            The question I have is what the heck does Ancients spend their time doing?
                            Three words:

Universe = Reality Show

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

Orlin got in trouble because what he did went against the Ancient's rules.

The Ori don't give a sh*t about the Ancient's rules because they hate them.
                              Because only some of the Astral Diner's visitors were Ancients yet none of them intervened, "Threads" gave me the impression that the rules of non-interference applied to, and were enforced by the majority of ascended beings from, the whole physical universe and not just the Milky Way (the rules might not have even been established by the Ascended Alterans).

The Priors become Priors through the direct action of the Ori who artificially evolve them.
                              Perhaps the Ori can get away with individual mutations of people into Priors and not "Ascended-level science lessons" because:
                              • rule-breaking cases of Priors can be more easily controlled than knowledge which can spread like wildfire
                              • the "Prioritising" process doesn't artificially advance the Prior's route to ascension (it could even have the opposite effect), whereas passing down knowledge could give the recipient some understanding of the Ascended plane

There are no rules for ascension if it happens naturally (as proven by the fact that Anubis ascended)
                              Don't you mean the Ori? Anubis was helped to ascend by Oma and cast down when his true colours were revealed ("Threads" again). Also, what evidence have we ever seen that Orlin and Oma didn't ascend naturally (I mean Orlin's first time) - both of them have been punished for breaking the rules.
                              Your statement would appear to come from "Prototype", but the way I understood it, advanced beings can ascend naturally whether or not they're deemed "bad", but are subject to the Ascended plane's rules afterwards.

The Ori can do whatever the Hell they want in their own galaxy, including telling the humans there how to build all kinds of cool-looking ships.
                              Despite everything I typed above, I concede that if the Ascended Alterans could make the Ori oblivious to all sentient life in the Milky Way (and maybe the Asgard Empire too), their domain, even when Joe Mallozzi said the Ori knew about Daniel Jackson as an Ascended being, then the Ori can make the other Ascended beings unwise to their rule-breaking in their own stronghold(to keep the wool over their eyes though, Ori ships may have to be made just primitive enough for it to be feasible that Ori galaxy humans/Priors made them, but they may not).

So if one of us turns out to be completely wrong, let's not rub the loser's nose in it.

Sorry for going off-topic, but where did my first post on this thread rank amongst the stupidest you've ever seen posted by a Prim'tah, Bragi?

Comment

Working...
                              X