PDA

View Full Version : The Sam & Jack Shippers' Archive

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218

Feli
April 27th, 2004, 06:02 AM
This thread is for all you Sam/Jack shippers out there. Feel free to discuss anything and everything about your favorite SG-1 pairing here.

Shipperahoy
April 27th, 2004, 09:01 AM
How do I love Sam and Jack? Let me count the ways.

1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand. :p

Sorry, I'm feeling really goofy this morning.

Feli
April 27th, 2004, 09:06 AM
How do I love Sam and Jack? Let me count the ways.

1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand. :p

Sorry, I'm feeling really goofy this morning.
Ooookaaayyyy.

::shakes head::

Just tell me when you've finished counting... ;-)

bcmilco
April 30th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Okay... Let's get this party started =P

I like the new digs BTW :)
~BCM =)

marimba26
April 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
YAY!!!! WE'RE BACK!!!!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!! :D

Thought I'd be the first to post the mantra!!!!

TameFarrar
April 30th, 2004, 08:33 PM
YAY!!!! WE'RE BACK!!!!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!! :D

Thought I'd be the first to post the mantra!!!!

YAY!!!! I am finally here

Hi Everyone :::waves:::::

Stole the mantra from Marimba so I didn't have to retype it...LOL
SOOO happy to have gotten over here

WOO HOOO

TameFarrar
April 30th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Okay... Let's get this party started =P

I like the new digs BTW :)
~BCM =)

Hi Ship Daddy.. :::waves::::: :)

So far I am navigating okay....took a while for my email to come through...weird!!!

But it is good to be here now....gotta figure out a signature...I am a pretty boring person....::sigh:::::

But I will work on it...gotta get cool like the new forum so I fit in :D

majorsal
April 30th, 2004, 09:43 PM
*whimpers* I feel rather lost in this new way of doing things! :S I'm going to have to figure out how to get a piccy of someone by my name, like others have. Wait, there's things on the bottom of this page that may let me do it. I'm soooo lost!!!! :p Well, if this shows up, it means I'm as smart as Sam Carter.... right?

Sam and Jack forever!!!!!!!

Sally :D

majorsal
April 30th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Not a S/J thing, but when exactly does the delphi forum thinger stop? .... I miss it already.... I don't take changes well.... I need RDA.... or to see Sam and Jack kissing.... or making love......... I'll take RDA.

Sally, playing and testing... and missing delphi :confused:

majorsal
April 30th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Spoilers for Death Knell

Death Knell was on again tonight. I love that ep! At the end, when Jack comforted Sam, my mom got mad at Jack and yelled 'touch her you a$$!' :p I said to my mom it was still shippy, and she said 'I know, I just want more.' ... and boy do I know the feeling. I said I wanted the same thing too. But, that was the first ep after " :( Chimera :( " to show that Sam and Jack were NOT gone. So yay!

Sally :eek: (I like that face :p )

TameFarrar
April 30th, 2004, 11:17 PM
JUst to let every one know...:::sniff sniff::: Another Forum Member and I were..:::sniff sniff::: working reall hard at getting to 1000 posts on "The Last Post" thread and at 999 BCM SAVAGELY SWOOPED in and STOLE it!!!! :::sniff sniff::: we are devestated to say the least... :::big heavy honkin sigh::::::::

why Ship Daddy....why............ :confused: :confused: :confused:
tear stained tame dejectedly walks awy

majorsal
April 30th, 2004, 11:26 PM
//JUst to let every one know...:::sniff sniff::: Another Forum Member and I //

That would be me. :p

// were..:::sniff sniff::: working reall hard at getting to 1000 posts on "The Last Post" thread and at 999 BCM SAVAGELY SWOOPED in and STOLE it!!!! //

I don't see us making 1000 now... :(

// :::sniff sniff::: we are devestated to say the least... :::big heavy honkin sigh:::::::: //

*hands kleenex to friend*

What we really need is to get all our shipper friends here to play with us. Where is everyone?

*calls out*

Everyone!

Sally :eek:

TameFarrar
April 30th, 2004, 11:32 PM
//JUst to let every one know...:::sniff sniff::: Another Forum Member and I //

That would be me. :p

// were..:::sniff sniff::: working reall hard at getting to 1000 posts on "The Last Post" thread and at 999 BCM SAVAGELY SWOOPED in and STOLE it!!!! //

I don't see us making 1000 now... :(

// :::sniff sniff::: we are devestated to say the least... :::big heavy honkin sigh:::::::: //

*hands kleenex to friend*

What we really need is to get all our shipper friends here to play with us. Where is everyone?

*calls out*

Everyone!

Sally :eek:

Thank you Auntie Sally... BCM is a mean Ship Daddy tonight........but it was over on the "the Last Post Thread" that he did that.... and....hiccup ....because I invited you over he saw that we were close....

oh my big alligator tears here....he came and took......hiccup

But I ambetter now..I will just come stay in the nice warm shipper haven.. and think warm positive thoughts about how TPTB are going to get Sam & Jack together for S8

I really need a signature :rolleyes:
Tame

bcmilco
April 30th, 2004, 11:35 PM
why Ship Daddy....why............ :confused: :confused: :confused:
tear stained tame dejectedly walks awy

I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd take it so hard :S I was just having a little fun with you guys.

No hard feelings?

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 07:59 AM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everybody

This board is absolutly fantastic ..I just love it ...Come on girls and boys ..let's fill up the Sam and Jack thread. :D

Jack is sam's juicy steak .. :D

Where do I post the videos by the way?

Caty :) ;) :p (ShipDiva)

I'm so used to smilies in other boards...I just love it :rolleyes:

Ship Nana
May 1st, 2004, 07:59 AM
Ok, I think I am here now.?! Waves to shipper family.
Hi Ship Daddy, Ship Mom, Ship Auntie.
Anyone else from the family here yet?
Where is Ship Diva?

I'm not sure how to get around yet. Got a little lost in the Quote response so I did QR. I'll have to get used to this new format.

But at least our family is here.

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 08:06 AM
Where is Ship Diva?

I'm not sure how to get around yet. Got a little lost in the Quote response so I did QR. I'll have to get used to this new format.

I'm here ..I don't want to stay a Larval symbiote for too long :rolleyes: so I'd better keep posting :D

Caty (ShipDiva) :D

Ship Nana
May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
I'm here ..I don't want to stay a Larval symbiote for too long :rolleyes: so I'd better keep posting :D

Caty (ShipDiva) :D

I'm so glad that our family is together because I feel a little lost here. I'm sure it will get better. You know it is hard to teach an old shipper new tricks. :confused:

I don't want to stay a larval symbiote either ewwwww!

Token
May 1st, 2004, 08:31 AM
I made it over, but I don't understand everything. Being new to online forums, I feel waaaay over my head. Soooo much to learn!!! But as a good little shipper, I know how to hold on to hope! :)

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 08:39 AM
To every body who enjoys my videos ..

I just started a thread in the fandom section...to post my new videos ..

I will update it each time I have a new video.
I hope this will work .I will also mention it in that thread but any feedback about the videos ...could you post them in the fandom thread so that I can keep an eye easily on what you think and also for possible requests.
:) :)

Thank you :)

Caty aka ShipDiva :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:48 AM
To every body who enjoys my videos ..

I just started a thread in the fandom section...to post my new videos ..

I will update it each time I have a new video.
I hope this will work .I will also mention it in that thread but any feedback about the videos ...could you post them in the fandom thread so that I can keep an eye easily on what you think and also for possible requests.
:) :)

Hi Caty

:::waving:::

I Love the Ship DIva!!!!!

I think it is perfect for you and being a the Video diva you are!!!! :D
Hopefully I will get the hang of this board as well :) And it will be as fun as our last

Tame

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd take it so hard :S I was just having a little fun with you guys.

No hard feelings?

Its okay BCM...Not to *dejected*... ;) just really realy tired last night and was totally unprepared for your suave debenoir self to swoop in like that ;)

I will live...plus there are other places to get you my pretty....... :p

Tame

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Where is Ship Diva?

Hi Nana

Yep!!!! slowly they are finding our new home......are those cookies?????

Love Nana's cookies!!!!
Tame :)

LtLisa
May 1st, 2004, 08:55 AM
hi everyone! <waves> this is wierd! you can't post specifically to another post? <scratches head> :rolleyes: but I like the smilies...

and why isn't this Shipper Thread V? <pouts> I want our big number back...

well, on with the discussion...they need to have an adult conversation already!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

ohhh...thats how you do it...quick reply!

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:59 AM
I made it over, but I don't understand everything. Being new to online forums, I feel waaaay over my head. Soooo much to learn!!! But as a good little shipper, I know how to hold on to hope! :)

Token...
I feel like that too here in this new forum...so you are NOT alone!!!!

We'll all get throught this together

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 09:02 AM
hi everyone! <waves> this is wierd! you can't post specifically to another post? <scratches head> :rolleyes: but I like the smilies...

and why isn't this Shipper Thread V? <pouts> I want our big number back...

well, on with the discussion...they need to have an adult conversation already!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

ohhh...thats how you do it...quick reply!

HI Lt Lisa.....
Was waiting for our ceremonial dancer to make it officail!!!
if you click on the "quote button" in the post you want to quote it does this.
:D ;) I love all the little smiley faces

Tame

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Caty

:::waving:::

I Love the Ship DIva!!!!!

I think it is perfect for you and being a the Video diva you are!!!! :D
Hopefully I will get the hang of this board as well :) And it will be as fun as our last

Tame

Hi Tame ..made my way here at last ..I thought the other forum was a bit deserted ..This forum is smashing with the smilies and the avatars and all the colours .. :D :D

Now you are a prim'tah already ... :eek: I refuse to stay a larval symbiote for too long ..Must keep posting ...ok ...go and put some grab in the oven for the kids and will be back :)

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Tame ..made my way here at last ..I thought the other forum was a bit deserted ..This forum is smashing with the smilies and the avatars and all the colours .. :D :D

Now you are a prim'tah already ... :eek: I refuse to stay a larval symbiote for too long ..Must keep posting ...ok ...go and put some grab in the oven for the kids and will be back :)

I didn't realize I was a Prim'tah...way cool!!! :eek: I love this one!!

Yes I saw that the old forum was pretty thin...

After we get over the newness of this one we can finally get back to our couple..LOL
It makes me laugh that I am just having morning coffee and you are having dinner every time we talk
Tame

Token
May 1st, 2004, 09:26 AM
Token...

Thanks, Tame!

I know I can count on my shipper family!:D

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
I didn't realize I was a Prim'tah...way cool!!! :eek: I love this one!!

Yes I saw that the old forum was pretty thin...

After we get over the newness of this one we can finally get back to our couple..LOL
It makes me laugh that I am just having morning coffee and you are having dinner every time we talk
Tame

Talk couple I'mjust uploding my new video ..should be there in ....about 10 minutes :p

I love coffee but I'm on a glass of wine right now ...Do we have a little drunk smilies overthere ...hang on :rolleyes: That will do .. love this new forum ..it's fun ..and I'm used to them .

caty aka ShipDiva :D

Hope i get the Prim'tah status before I go to bed....Let's keep busy :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 09:56 AM
Talk couple I'mjust uploding my new video ..should be there in ....about 10 minutes :p

I love coffee but I'm on a glass of wine right now ...Do we have a little drunk smilies overthere ...hang on :rolleyes: That will do .. love this new forum ..it's fun ..and I'm used to them .

caty aka ShipDiva :D

Hope i get the Prim'tah status before I go to bed....Let's keep busy :D

WOO HOO...First Caty Ship Diva Video on the new thread!! :D Looking forward to that!!
I am "trying" so hard to be positive about what TPTB are going to do in S8....it IS NOT easy...maybe I need to stay away from spoilers!! :S

But I want to KNOW SO BAD!!
it is hard to not go look
Well I will go look around while I wait for your vid
Tame

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 09:56 AM
Ok apparently ..my thread about my videos is closed :(

Madeleine asked me kindly to put it under the "song vids" thread ...(I really hate that title )..I don't like it when music videos are underestimated ...and this title makes me feel that way .

Anyway .I posted a link for my new video in her thread ...

Scroll down ..hopefully you won't miss it ..

it's video 23 ..Sam and Jack " This kiss"Faith Hill ;)

Enjoy :)

caty aka ShipDiva :)

sugarshaker
May 1st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Sugarshaker waves to all the shippers.....

Had a momentary feeling of panic when I thought I couldn't read though all the posts, but I'm getting there. This format is good for people like me who print it out at work and take it home to read - assuming that anyone else does that.

I'm ready for lots of SHIPPY discussion!

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:09 AM
Ok apparently ..my thread about my videos is closed :(

Madeleine asked me kindly to put it under the "song vids" thread ...(I really hate that title )..I don't like it when music videos are underestimated ...and this title makes me feel that way .

Anyway .I posted a link for my new video in her thread ...

Scroll down ..hopefully you won't miss it ..

it's video 23 ..Sam and Jack " This kiss"Faih Hill ;)

Enjoy :)

caty aka ShipDiva :)

Ship Diva AKA Caty
I have been to the SongVid thread AND I have seen your new Video...
EVERYONE........EVERYONE.......gather round!!!!!!

The Ship Diva has out done herself this time!!!! As the song implies It is about "This Kiss" and IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All shippers suffering from even the teeniest withdrawal get your fannies over there and watch ALL of The Ship Diva's videos... But if you want kissin....well this one is gonna knock your socks right on off!!! :D :D :D :D

Caty....Have I told you lately how much I love your videos???? :D

Tame

Ship Nana
May 1st, 2004, 10:33 AM
Ship Diva

Where is the songvid thread located? I am still lost over here.

Does anyone know how to set the thread so that you only see the responses you have not read like on the old forum? Or do you have to scroll thru them all unless you remember where you left off.

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Ship Diva

Does anyone know how to set the thread so that you only see the responses you have not read like on the old forum? Or do you have to scroll thru them all unless you remember where you left off.

Hi Ship Nana!!

I am still getting used to how slow this moves on my computer...and I have a cable modem......Catys vid is under Fandom or something along those lines...I am still trying to get used to this myself!!!! But I love the smileys!!!!!! :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 11:50 AM
Sugarshaker waves to all the shippers.....

Had a momentary feeling of panic when I thought I couldn't read though all the posts, but I'm getting there. This format is good for people like me who print it out at work and take it home to read - assuming that anyone else does that.

I'm ready for lots of SHIPPY discussion!

Hi Sugar Shaker!!!!!
I am posting like crazy because I am trying to get used to the new board :D
I am looking forward to our discussions as well...Our couple is in for a bumpy ride this season I think!! :rolleyes: ;) :D :p :eek: this is my favorite face

Tame

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
Caty aka Ship Diva and I were talking about how TPTB are going to build the UST all season and then give us the ending we want.

I just hope I can live through the season to GET to the end....and if TPTB try to .....well lets just hope they read some of our hopes and dreams here :D

From the moment Jack's eyebrow cocked up in COTG when Sam said she had a Matt Masaon doll and would arm wrestle the "ship" was on....so I think it is safe to say we have waited a VERY LONG time :D

here is to hoping...... :eek: my fave
Tame

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 12:06 PM
Ship Diva

Ship Nana

The video "This kiss" faith Hill is :

in the briefing room......under Stargate Fandom .......song vids ...what a title for lovely videos ....Songvids is like dustbin for me ...very BAD name ...let's do some thinking for a better marketing name ....MUSIC VIDEOS is really nice and simple ....and sounds good too. :D

caty :) aka ShipDiva. :D

sugarshaker
May 1st, 2004, 12:10 PM
:cool:

So far, this thread has more posters than any other, except the RDA Thunk Thread, and way more than the Sam/Pete Shippers Thread. Think that's a good sign?

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 12:32 PM
:cool:

So far, this thread has more posters than any other, except the RDA Thunk Thread, and way more than the Sam/Pete Shippers Thread. Think that's a good sign?

Of course it's a sign ..and just look at the viewing too .IS THAT GOOD OR WHAT!!!!!!!I really should not worry about Sam and Jack getting together ..season 8 is gonna be full of UST and sweet angst between Sam and Jack yes but the reward will be great ..They will be together ..I don't doubt that at all...Shippers are everywhere ...All my friends are ...I don't know one person in my suroundings who is against Sam/Jack ..They all tell me Sam and Jack are the appeal of the show and they tune in to see ifthey will be together or getting closer.
:p :)

Season8 is gonna have lots of talks between them I reckon about different things ...work but mostly life in general and this is a good thing...
:D

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 12:38 PM
I think the ratings also speak of what the viewing audience in general wants especially those not represented online...

The ratings for the second half of the season were consistantly higher then the first half and they were the best average ratings the show has *ever* gotten. :)

Mind you that doesn't mean I want it becoming the S/J show, but I think a little UST is a good thing for this show.

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 12:50 PM
I think the ratings also speak of what the viewing audience in general wants especially those not represented online...

The ratings for the second half of the season were consistantly higher then the first half and they were the best average ratings the show has *ever* gotten. :)

Mind you that doesn't mean I want it becoming the S/J show, but I think a little UST is a good thing for this show.

I agree with you BCM :D

I don't want the S/J show either....but the UST and a satisfying closure WITH them together would be nice!

I don't think that the UST has ever taken away from the show before...so why would it have to now..I think when they move AWAY from it so abruptly is when it is glaringly obvious :eek:

I made a new signature with the help of Mala50 ....think I am way to cool now :D
Tame

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM
I agree with you BCM :D

I don't want the S/J show either....but the UST and a satisfying closure WITH them together would be nice!

I don't think that the UST has ever taken away from the show before...so why would it have to now..I think when they move AWAY from it so abruptly is when it is glaringly obvious :eek:

I made a new signature with the help of Mala50 ....think I am way to cool now :D
Tame

TAME ,

OH TOO COOL the pic . ;) so sexy......I'l make mine next week ..Sam and Jack for me ..but a good one ...I know which one .

Caty aka Shipdiva :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 01:29 PM
TAME ,

OH TOO COOL the pic . ;) so sexy......I'l make mine next week ..Sam and Jack for me ..but a good one ...I know which one .

Caty aka Shipdiva :D

I think I got the signature thingy worked out....made it a bit smaller too...seemed to be a bit big and I didn't want to overpower the thread.. :D

Well I KNOW you all know about Jack's overwhelming coolness but really!!

Tame

ShippyKatie
May 1st, 2004, 01:29 PM
Of course it's a sign ..and just look at the viewing too .IS THAT GOOD OR WHAT!!!!!!!I really should not worry about Sam and Jack getting together ..season 8 is gonna be full of UST and sweet angst between Sam and Jack yes but the reward will be great ..They will be together ..I don't doubt that at all...Shippers are everywhere ...All my friends are ...I don't know one person in my suroundings who is against Sam/Jack ..They all tell me Sam and Jack are the appeal of the show and they tune in to see ifthey will be together or getting closer.
:p :)

Season8 is gonna have lots of talks between them I reckon about different things ...work but mostly life in general and this is a good thing...
:D

Hey Everyone :waves: I'm glad this thread is back up and running in its new home and going strong!
I like your attitude Caty! I was feeling a little down about the whole S/J relationship latley but I have to say your little pep talk raised my spirits! Thanks!

-ShippyKatie

dipsofjazz
May 1st, 2004, 01:44 PM

:confused: I'm all confused too, but it's nice to know all you guys are here to help. :)

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 02:07 PM
Hey Everyone :waves: I'm glad this thread is back up and running in its new home and going strong!
I like your attitude Caty! I was feeling a little down about the whole S/J relationship latley but I have to say your little pep talk raised my spirits! Thanks!

-ShippyKatie

((((((((((((((((((((((((ShippyKatie!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))

Slowly but surely the family is showing up.....

I think Caty aka Ship Diva has pepped us all up with that little talk!!!!
Viva Le Love!!!!!

I am having so much fun with all these new gadgets...and I don't have a clue what I am doing...keep dragging my son over to my computer....he is Oh Mom..."Does this have to do with Sam & Jack?? I am like OF COURSE!!

LOL :D
Tame

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 02:18 PM
VIVE L'AMOUR

SAM AND JACK FOREVER. :D

Caty aka ShipDiva :)

Token
May 1st, 2004, 02:19 PM
It is another stormy day here; but, Ship Diva, you have again brought sunshine to my day. Great job!!! :cool:

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
It is another stormy day here; but, Ship Diva, you have again brought sunshine to my day. Great job!!! :cool:

Hi Token .

Glad to see you here . :)
It's great to find everybody back :D

Warrior_of_light(Sam_rules)
May 1st, 2004, 02:30 PM
*waves to all the shippers*

I thought I could pop my head into the new thread and say hi :).
I just wanted to say; thank you all for posting all your positive thoughts. It helps me be more positive too :).

~Sam and Jack forever~

~Tracey~

Token
May 1st, 2004, 02:34 PM
Season 8 Entirely Speculation:
I am torn between a Season 8 S/J resolution and wanting Season 9. What if the S/J resolution was done with a future episode? With a future episode (like '2010') or even ending the series with peek at where the characters will be in 10 to 15 years, it would give TPTB room to do a movie or more seasons. We would know that Sam and Jack were happily together and there would be room to write how it all came about. Am I just wanting my cake and eat it too?:S

SherilynB
May 1st, 2004, 02:36 PM
Okay, still trying to figure out how to work this...
If this is the wrong forum, please let me know - I am wondering if anyone knows the backstory on those bracelets that Jack and Sam have sported since at least mid-season 6? I didnt notice them until Metamorphisis (sp??).

thanks!

ps - I have decided to completely ignore those spoilers about Affinity - much like Chimera, it is too stressful to have that be real...

SB

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM

Now it feels like home! Thanks, Lisa! ;)

Sally :)

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 02:43 PM
This was asked on the old forum... so I went and got the link to the answer for you... aren't I a nice guy :D :p

http://forums.delphiforums.com/starguideforums/messages?msg=9086.4

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks, Tame!

I know I can count on my shipper family!:D

And you know what... this really IS my shipper family. I'll admit that I was feeling a bit odd last night. A bit down. I felt that somehow this new forum wasn't going to work, and the thought that I'd never be able to talk to you guys... Okay, I'm PMSing, so that explains the mood swings :p , but I was still a bit scared that I'd lose you guys. You ARE my shipper family. You're who I come to when I'm feeling down or insecure about S/J's future. You're who I come to when I'm happy and just want to share the joy. You aren't just my friends, but my family. I'm feeling extremely sentimental right now -hormones- but I just wanted you guys to know that I cherish you. Thanks for being... just thanks for being.

Sally -aka hormone girl- signing off :p

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 03:01 PM
Sugarshaker wrote:

"Sugarshaker waves to all the shippers....."

Non S/J related, but I just wanted you to know that everytime I've read your name, I think of Designing Women because two of the four ppl on the show were named Sugarbaker.<g> I know, silly, but I always think of that show when I see that you've posted. :p

Sally :eek: (I think this is my fave face) :p

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 03:05 PM
And you know what... this really IS my shipper family. I'll admit that I was feeling a bit odd last night. A bit down. I felt that somehow this new forum wasn't going to work, and the thought that I'd never be able to talk to you guys... Okay, I'm PMSing, so that explains the mood swings :p , but I was still a bit scared that I'd lose you guys. You ARE my shipper family. You're who I come to when I'm feeling down or insecure about S/J's future. You're who I come to when I'm happy and just want to share the joy. You aren't just my friends, but my family. I'm feeling extremely sentimental right now -hormones- but I just wanted you guys to know that I cherish you. Thanks for being... just thanks for being.

Hi Sally

Glad you made it too ..The new board is great with all the smilies and colours , avatar ..ect.... ;)

And don't be worried about Sam and Jack ...They 'll be together ....and they'll go home in a Limousine at the end of season 8 ( Champagne and all that)..and go fishing afterwards near the cabin . :D

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 03:11 PM
I just hope I can live through the season to GET to the end....Tame

Here, here! If I'm inundated with Sam/PS ship -like ONE scene :p - I'm not sure I could stick around. Too painful. But, could anything surpass the pain of :mad: Chimera :mad:?

ps - Here's a link(s) for some great behind the scenes stuff from the DVDs for Death Knell and Grace. Really nice stuff!

http://community.webshots.com/album/139141321lCpIxp

http://community.webshots.com/album/139143772fdbJhJ/0

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 03:23 PM
Here, here! If I'm inundated with Sam/PS ship -like ONE scene :p - I'm not sure I could stick around. Too painful. But, could anything surpass the pain of :mad: Chimera :mad:?

ps - Here's a link(s) for some great behind the scenes stuff from the DVDs for Death Knell and Grace. Really nice stuff!

okay Aunt Sally...
no messing with me here...was there supposed to be some kind of kiss in Death Knell..like maybe on her forehead.........or was RDA and AT just messin around???.... They are sssooo sweet together!!!!! :)

Thank you for sharing that...I needed it!! Those cheek to cheek shots are just *adorable*!!!!!!!!

Oh I just feel all warm and fuzzy shippy!!! :D

new and improved pic Thanks to our Ship Diva....she is a Wizard!!

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 03:24 PM

Thanks Sally ;)

Gonna have a look at the albums :)

I really love deathknell and Grace :D

Have you seen my video " Through the rain" for Sam that I made with Grace and deathknell? :)

Caty aka ShipDiva ;)

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 03:27 PM
I am torn between a Season 8 S/J resolution and wanting Season 9. What if the S/J resolution was done with a future episode? With a future episode (like '2010') or even ending the series with peek at where the characters will be in 10 to 15 years, it would give TPTB room to do a movie or more seasons. We would know that Sam and Jack were happily together and there would be room to write how it all came about. Am I just wanting my cake and eat it too?:S

I could actually live with that. Very much. I'd still like to SEE something -kiss, hug, BIG SLOPPY WET KISS- but if the show ended with Sam and Jack going fishing together... my thoughts are mixed up. :p I just know that I want it confirmed -nothing ambiguous in intent or meaning- that Sam and Jack are definitely, irrevocably together. The ideal of showing a future -like with marriage and children- is a wonderful idea, but not one that I think would overwhelm the rest of the show. Balance is the key.

Catysg1
May 1st, 2004, 03:32 PM
Ship Diva AKA Caty
I have been to the SongVid thread AND I have seen your new Video...
EVERYONE........EVERYONE.......gather round!!!!!!

The Ship Diva has out done herself this time!!!! As the song implies It is about "This Kiss" and IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All shippers suffering from even the teeniest withdrawal get your fannies over there and watch ALL of The Ship Diva's videos... But if you want kissin....well this one is gonna knock your socks right on off!!! :D :D :D :D

Caty....Have I told you lately how much I love your videos???? :D

Tame

yes .. this kiss is really unstoppable,unthinkable, unsinkable, subliminal..and Sam loves it . :D :D

It's a good video to watch if you feel down ..that's for sure ..it's all bubbly too. :) :D

Thank you Tame ..You rock :)

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 03:35 PM
:confused: I'm all confused too, but it's nice to know all you guys are here to help. :)

welcome to something OTHER than The Last Post :D

As you can see we are a very fun happy bunch!!! and LOOK ....LOOK at wht I got help with for my stuff....I have the way coolest signature Thanks to Mala50 and The Ship Diva (aka Caty).. Just keep telling MajorSal...Auntie Sally that it will be fine and and she will be okay...and you will be okay and I will be okay...and I will stop rambling now....okay :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM

Oh ((((((((((((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh shoot I have to hug you again(((((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))))))))0

That was just one of the nicest things I have read today!!! I could not have said it better myself :D

This is just an awesome group!!

boomoo
May 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
hey everybody, this is my first post and i'm doing it here because this is the best thread, and if i screw it up, i'm sorry. i have no idea what i'm doing here!
by the way BCM i just read your 1000th post and it was hilarious.
sorry tame

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 04:08 PM
hey everybody, this is my first post and i'm doing it here because this is the best thread, and if i screw it up, i'm sorry. i have no idea what i'm doing here!
sorry tame
mumble..grumble..mumble....we just won't talk about what BCM did...

WELCOME BOOMOO!!!!!

We are working hard to make this the *Best* thread in the bunch!!!!
and I just like posting because I LOVE all the smileys :D :eek: <-my fave

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 04:11 PM
sorry tame

Thank you I thought so too :)
But it seems to have upset a few people :S

BTW I don't know if it's having something new to play around with or the pics that Auntie Sally posted but I'm really very optimistic about S/J (see I can be on topic :p)

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
Thank you I thought so too :)
But it seems to have upset a few people :S
(see I can be on topic :p)

:D I really am glad that this is such a dysfunctional *family* :p
Between Sally and Caty I am getting more hopeful each day.The pics that Sally linked were just awesome for those moments of despair........Oh look was that on topic :p BCM

dipsofjazz
May 1st, 2004, 04:29 PM
welcome to something OTHER than The Last Post :D

As you can see we are a very fun happy bunch!!! and LOOK ....LOOK at wht I got help with for my stuff....I have the way coolest signature Thanks to Mala50 and The Ship Diva (aka Caty).. Just keep telling MajorSal...Auntie Sally that it will be fine and and she will be okay...and you will be okay and I will be okay...and I will stop rambling now....okay :D
:) Thanks Tame, it's nice to be here. I must admit I lurk quite a bit, but I adore coming to this thread. It makes me feel all fuzzy when I read all the positive stuff you guys write about S/J getting together, as I feel so sad at the thought of "he who can't be named" making another appearance in S8. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Here's to a wonderful happy shippy season. :D

Token
May 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM
It has taken me awhile to post a response to those links, Sally, because I fainted! Wow! This stuff was on the DVDs? A kiss on the forehead would have put 'Death Knell' on the top of my most favorite eps. Maybe we could edit it in? :D

BTW... Do you need spoiler space if you talk about something that didn't happen in an episode? (newbie question)

Token
May 1st, 2004, 05:07 PM
I could actually live with that. Very much. I'd still like to SEE something -kiss, hug, BIG SLOPPY WET KISS- but if the show ended with Sam and Jack going fishing together... my thoughts are mixed up. :p I just know that I want it confirmed -nothing ambiguous in intent or meaning- that Sam and Jack are definitely, irrevocably together. The ideal of showing a future -like with marriage and children- is a wonderful idea, but not one that I think would overwhelm the rest of the show. Balance is the key.

That's what I like about the idea. We would see how happy they are together...lots of hugs and kisses and kids. Also, I would like to see what the future holds for Daniel and Teal'c. It would be like reading the end of a book and knowing everything turns out OK then you could handle anything that happened in the middle.

stargate barbie
May 1st, 2004, 05:07 PM
hi kids. i've decided to change my screen name. i was boomoo, i have become stargate barbie. i don't know why, i just makes more sense than boomoo.
that and i was bored.

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 05:49 PM
Oh ((((((((((((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh shoot I have to hug you again(((((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))))))))0

*hugs back*... *and front*

I'd be here more, but the internet is acting *really* weird today! I think because we're having a bit of a heat wave that things are going real slow. I'm also getting knocked off the internet over and over. Oh poo. :p

I've got a question(s) for fellow postees. I asked Darren on the former GREAT forum, but he didn't have the answer. :p

1- After answering a post, how do you get back to the original post you were replying to without hitting the back button twice?

2- After you've come back, say the next day, how do you get to the last post you'd read without having to memorize that number? It doesn't seem to be remembering or updating like the former forum.

Sally :o

ps- I got knocked off again. :mad:

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM
It has taken me awhile to post a response to those links, Sally, because I fainted! Wow! This stuff was on the DVDs? A kiss on the forehead would have put 'Death Knell' on the top of my most favorite eps. Maybe we could edit it in? :D

You fainted! :p

When I saw them, I drooled a bucket load. *yuck at imagine I just created* :S

I, of course, have already saved these luscious pics to my hard drive. *sighs* I'm thinking this was strictly behind the scenes stuff. These were some of the 'shippier' caps from the latest UK Region 2 DVD. Of the two albums, the first is of pics from the Death Knell Directors series, and the second is of RDA pics/ RDA and AT pics from the Beyond the Gate feature with spoilers for Grace. I got this info and links from Jo. R off of the Sam/Jack list.

Sally ;)

stargate barbie
May 1st, 2004, 06:19 PM
i cannot wait until i get the new dvd. i better get it sometime next week or i think i'll go sane! god forbid that should ever happen.

Emilee108
May 1st, 2004, 06:30 PM
Wow! What a cool new forum!! I like it here! A lot more options! Anyway, just thought I would post in my favorite thread and say hello to my shipper friends!

And btw Caty, love your new video!! It's awesome!

Oh yeah, and does anyone know when season 7 is coming out on DVD in the U.S.?

~*~Emilee~*~

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, and does anyone know when season 7 is coming out on DVD in the U.S.?

We've been discussing that in the Season 7 folder... no news as of yet :(

Token
May 1st, 2004, 06:50 PM
You fainted! :p

When I saw them, I drooled a bucket load. *yuck at imagine I just created* :S

Sally ;)
Well, fainted as in "I can't believe it was filmed and didn't make the final cut." After 'Chimera', they could have thrown us a bone. Pleeease!!! They are so cute together!

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 07:21 PM
But they did throw us a bone, several IMO, after Chimera.

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM
But they did throw us a bone, several IMO, after Chimera.

I thought so too. In fact, with all the bones we've gotten, we can now make a small animal.:p But really, after * :mad: Chimera :mad: *, who'd have thunk we'd have gotten anything? And thank god we did! :D :D :D

ps - I *soooooooooo* miss Delphi!!!!

Ship Nana
May 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
ShipDiva

Thanks so much I finally found it. Downloaded it but hubby says I have to get off of computer and get to bed so I will watch it tomorrow which is technically today. Can't wait to watch it.

Sugar cookies for all good little shippers from the Ship Nana!

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I thought so too. In fact, with all the bones we've gotten, we can now make a small animal.:p But really, after * :mad: Chimera :mad: *, who'd have thunk we'd have gotten anything? And thank god we did! :D :D :D

ps - I *soooooooooo* miss Delphi!!!!

I have to agree with yopu Sally..I was surprised with the level of Ship after the Ep I will not name :mad: I think that is why i am so surprised that things don't sound more hopeful for S8...but I am perky and hopeful tonight

Those pic you posted made my night........

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I asked this question once on the sam/jack list, so now I'm going to ask it here. If the powers 'had' to have a significant other for either Sam or Jack, which one would be easier for 'you' to take? I'd rather of had Jack with another woman. I just think I'd take it easier than Sam having another guy. Here's why I think I feel this way. I identify with Sam in *so* many ways, and being in love with Jack being a major one. Having said that, I just can't see myself being with another man when I'm in love with Jack as much as I am. Now, if fairness, I know that Sam can't control this situation because the WRITERS are :p , but if I were Sam, I'd have changed this situation a long time ago. But I've said this before; I'm more in love with Jack than the way Sam's written. So, which one of them would be easier for you to take with an 'other'?

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:33 PM
ShipDiva

Thanks so much I finally found it. Downloaded it but hubby says I have to get off of computer and get to bed so I will watch it tomorrow which is technically today. Can't wait to watch it.

Sugar cookies for all good little shippers from the Ship Nana!

Shipp Nana....
I know what you mean...... :D was rushing the family OUT of the room...wondering what everyone was talking about...LOL

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM
hi kids. i've decided to change my screen name. i was boomoo, i have become stargate barbie. i don't know why, i just makes more sense than boomoo.
that and i was bored.

Okay....the new name is working for me....I liked boomoo....but I like Stargate Barbie too...Sorry you were bored though :confused: was no one here for you to talk about Sam & Jack....

waterfall
May 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
Hey Y'all!!!
The new board is up,how cool! :D
My kid made me a sig and I just had to post to show everyone.
The pics are of Sam and Jack (from the ep Descent)and it's the only ep I could think of where they are together, alone and wet.(for the water in waterfall,get it?) Ship on a ship!!!
So,I will post more tomorrow since it's late and I'm a bit loopy.(can you tell??)

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM
So, which one of them would be easier for you to take with an 'other'?

Honestly, at this point, neither. :p but to be fair and answer your question, I'd rather Sam be happy.

I'd just grit my teeth and smile :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Y'all!!!
The new board is up,how cool! :D
My kid made me a sig and I just had to post to show everyone.
The pics are of Sam and Jack (from the ep Descent)and it's the only ep I could think of where they are together, alone and wet.(for the water in waterfall,get it?) Ship on a ship!!!
So,I will post more tomorrow since it's late and I'm a bit loopy.(can you tell??)

Wow that is a cool signature....I had my son over here a bunch too..That is neat that you kid made that for you!! sometimes they do stuff that reminds us why we love them so much :)

majorsal
May 1st, 2004, 09:16 PM
Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Gateworld has updated their front page, with a link to their newest spoilers for Affinity. Here's what it said...

(edited spoilers)

"Prompted by Teal'c's burgeoning love life, Carter, meanwhile, is having second thoughts about maintaining a committed relationship with Pete Shanahan ("Chimera"). Is it fair to him, she wonders, for her to put her life in danger exploring other planets? What about having children one day? Would she drop off her kids at day care before heading off-world?

It's not yet known whether or not Shanahan appears in "Affinity," though Carter's musings do lead to several conversations with her teammates."

Now, I was liking the 'second thoughts' part of that sentence, until I read further. Sam's wondering if it's fair to him. FAIR TO HIM!? Now, I know it's too early to freak out, but I don't like the way these spoilers have been written. Yes, I want her to have second thoughts about being with HIM, but not because she's worrried if it's being fair to him. Why worry, honey, he sure as heck didn't worry about being fair to you! K, I'm done venting, I'm off to see if I can finally attach a bloody picture to my sigline!

Sally :mad:

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 09:21 PM
Yes I saw those spoilers, but I wouldn't be worried just yet.

It's too early. ;)
I'm still being positive :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 09:33 PM
I So, which one of them would be easier for you to take with an 'other'?

I don't know if I could take either one with another :S
but if I HAD to... I think I woulod have to agree with you Sally...Jack with another would have been easier..IF and I stress IF it had been done that way early on....... but I too identify with Sam and see Jack as the *ideal* and the *no touchy* would have made me do things different too.

BUT all that being said..I think I could have handled either one being with another had it been done very early on and the *ship* never persued.

LtLisa
May 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
From the moment Jack's eyebrow cocked up in COTG when Sam said she had a Matt Masaon doll and would arm wrestle the "ship" was on....so I think it is safe to say we have waited a VERY LONG time :D
Tame

yup...showed my newest convert to S/J ship the pilot (the whole version <g>) its great...its so there from the beggining. Btw, does anyone ahve the commentary from COTG? cause I think that RDA might've ad libed the 'mr. half glass empty' guy line that Sam grins at...anyone?

and yes, the official ceremonial dancing and chanting has begun....in my ceremonial dress blues for the occassion (new forum stuff)
Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

LtLisa
May 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM

as long as its for real and for certain...not a 'it could happen' timeline

LtLisa
May 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
<takes a bow and keeps on dancing and chanting>

oops, the deleted message is mine...I posted this twice cause I thought it didn't post...lol, new system...

LtLisa
May 1st, 2004, 10:19 PM
<hugs> I love my shipper family too!

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Btw, does anyone ahve the commentary from COTG? cause I think that RDA might've ad libed the 'mr. half glass empty' guy line that Sam grins at...anyone?

AFAIK they didn't do commentaries for the first 3 season :( at least my DVDs dont have any! :(

But I wouldn't be too surprised if he did change the line a little. :p

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Okay...where is everyone... I am starting to think maybe I have;
A) no life and live at GW forum
B) I just realized there is no B

Okay so anyway about Sam & Jack :D
We had been discussing that we as shippers really don't want Stargate to turn into the "Sam & Jack" show. So I thought I would talk about the little things I would like to see.
1) Of course the MUCH talked about adult conversation.. I really want to pursue a relationship but we have obligations..are you willing to wait...are you?? that sort of thing..hug....small kissy kissy
2) If waiting.. make a plan.. what are we waiting for???? Jack- I am wanting to retire...I have made my mark...you need to do what you want Sam (that is Jack talking)..Sam- You are okay about that...Jack-Yep..I will stay home..change the diapers..drive the carpools...you save the world...dinner at 6:00
3)Angsty moments due to saving world situations...because HEY LOOK a Stargate!!!!
4)Team saves various aliens from nasty bad guy
5)Hey Teal'c has hair
6) Lots of ACTION!!!!!!!
7) many hugging moments...many kissy moments....hey they are *waiting* for each other
8) BIG TEAM episode
9)Definitely see SAm & Jack have finally gotten together and a BIG SLOPPY WET KISS!!!!!

Okay there is more but this was long :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM
<takes a bow and keeps on dancing and chanting>

oops, the deleted message is mine...I posted this twice cause I thought it didn't post...lol, new system...
so HAPPY you are here dancing...brought a HUGE grin to my face you all popped on while I was typing my War and Peace post

Love it when you dance!!!!

sacme
May 1st, 2004, 10:31 PM

wow, those pix were great! :D I want RDA and AT to have more control over their characters. they look ready, willing and able for ship! ;)

hey everyone *waves to shipper family*
I was away for a while and this is my first post on the new board! It's a little scary, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after awhile. Where there's shippers, I'm home!:)

stephanie

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
hey everyone *waves to shipper family*
I was away for a while and this is my first post on the new board! It's a little scary, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after awhile. Where there's shippers, I'm home!:)

stephanie
Hi sacme
:::waves:::: some of us arehere...I was just lamenting that I appearently live here....Caty was kidding me about mhat I would be when she signed on in the morning...I know she will laugh when she sees that BCM and I are "Jaffa Fodder"....not to sure if I want to be that...

The smileys are REALLY fun :eek: <- this is my favorite face
glad you made it over

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
We had been discussing that we as shippers really don't want Stargate to turn into the "Sam & Jack" show. So I thought I would talk about the little things I would like to see.

Things I would like to see before they fade to black for the last time.
(I don't realistically expect any/all of this, but it would be nice :D)

(1) An ADULT conversation about their feelings for eachother.

(2) At least 1 (one) real to this universe, non-halucination, kiss, between OUR Jack, and OUR Sam.

(3) Fishing (make of that what you will :D)

(4)Definately NO wedding, but the knowledge that they will be together for a long time to come... What can I say, I hate TV weddings :eek:

(5)Oh, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them on a real date before the show ends too :) Even if it's just Sam getting paged back to the SGC after Jack retires :p

I think that about covers it. :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:43 PM
(4)Definately NO wedding, but the knowledge that they will be together for a long time to come... What can I say, I hate TV weddings :eek:

I have to say I quite agree with you BCM on the TV weddings :eek: I have to see one that I thought was done well. I have seen a couple in a *movie* that was very well done...but well I just won't go there and give TPTB any ideas.

sacme
May 1st, 2004, 10:49 PM

BTW... Do you need spoiler space if you talk about something that didn't happen in an episode? (newbie question)
Spoilers Season 8 Affinity
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
this is difficult. after hearing the horror of what may be happening in Season 8's Affinity (I wanted to throw up), the idea that RDA and AT are coming up with wonderful shippy moments that are being cut out of the finished product is driving me crazy. I loved those pictures from Death Knell. Why couldn't we see that in the show?! :mad: I'm depressed, really. I was very hopeful for season 8; I really thought Sam had gotten it in TLC. I can't stand to think that the Pete thing is going to be dragged out for as long as it is. I believe in the end, Jack and Sam may have some resolution, but I'm fearing it will be of the too little, too late variety. I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man. I have a stomachache.

stephanie:(

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 10:55 PM
Spoiler space s8 Affinity

I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man.

It's definately going to be hard to watch and I'm not looking forward to it, but it might not be all bad.

What? I'm in a good mood today. :rolleyes:

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 11:10 PM
Spoiler Space Season 8

this is difficult. after hearing the horror of what may be happening in Season 8's Affinity (I wanted to throw up), long as it is. I believe in the end, Jack and Sam may have some resolution, but I'm fearing it will be of the too little, too late variety. I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man. I have a stomachache. I know that is how I felt the first time I read the spoiler ...made me regret ever READING it
But I am ever hopeful.......but like you I hope it isn't too little too late and TPTB have damged not only the characters but the entire relationship as well. :(

BCM YOU are in a good mood :)

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
It must be the new forum, I love new things! :D

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 11:15 PM
It must be the new forum, I love new things! :D
did you notice we are *Jaffa Fodder* :D

sacme
May 1st, 2004, 11:18 PM
I loved your list! I'll add J/S waking up in bed with each other-- and Jack doesn't run out on her!

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 11:39 PM
I loved your list! I'll add J/S waking up in bed with each other-- and Jack doesn't run out on her!
ROFL :D Why didn't I think of that one!!!!!!!!!!
Good Catch Stephanie!!

SaharaGate
May 2nd, 2004, 01:55 AM
My first post on the new forum! Yippee! :D

I've been lurking for a day or so but haven't posted coz I've been too busy catching up on what everyone else has been saying.

You know you are too obsessed with Stargate when you get home at 2am, more than borderline inebriated and you STILL turn on your computer and go to Gateworld to see if anything has been updated...only to find the forum has moved lol.

Love the look of the new forum and glad to see lots of shippers making it home.

I have a feeling I'll be a larval symbiote for a while though...don't post all that often...by the time I've read it all, I've usually spent far too much time here already lol.

Ahhhhhhhhh so glad we moved. Now if I could just figure out how to customize my Avatar...... :o

InspiredNightmare
May 2nd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Wow that is a cool signature....I had my son over here a bunch too..That is neat that you kid made that for you!! sometimes they do stuff that reminds us why we love them so much :)
Thanks, lol.
Nah... I didn't do it because I love her... I did it because I like making things for people. lol. Though she is my mom and I do love her.

uh... I'm not quite sure on the rules of the whole shippy thing... I'll have to have my mom tell them to me slowly, lol. I kinda get lost when it comes to this sort of thing.

by the way... Hi mom! ::waves:: lol.

dipsofjazz
May 2nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Thanks, lol.
Nah... I didn't do it because I love her... I did it because I like making things for people. lol. Though she is my mom and I do love her.

uh... I'm not quite sure on the rules of the whole shippy thing... I'll have to have my mom tell them to me slowly, lol. I kinda get lost when it comes to this sort of thing.

:) You're a good son. Have one of Ship Nanna's cookies.

BTW I've managed to add a picture.I'm so excited!!!! :D

auralan
May 2nd, 2004, 05:02 AM

Now, I was liking the 'second thoughts' part of that sentence, until I read further. Sam's wondering if it's fair to him. FAIR TO HIM!?

Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is.

Does this help or just muddy the waters further?

Catysg1
May 2nd, 2004, 06:48 AM

Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is.

I hope she is having second thoughts about her relationship to Pete and will consider Jack instead because they both work together and could sort out issues together ..he can retire and shecan work at the SGC off world as a scientist. :)

Caty aka ShiDiva :D

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
YES!!!!! PTB are you listening?!? Listen to ship daddy....he knows what we want!

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:23 AM
yup, thats what I did last night...got home around 2 am from a party...checked the forum. Went to sleep...just got up and here I am! Haven't even had breakfast yet...

BTW, whats with the larval symbiote anf Jaffa fodder stuff? and how do I get a signature? I tried last nigt (with a Grace kiss photo), but it said it was too big :~(

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:26 AM
It helps! I'm hoping that theres ship in the scene...and that Jack doesn't let her make excuses...just admit you don't want Pit Sam!

<dancing and chanting my cereminal BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 07:28 AM
Spoiler space for Season 8 "Affinity"

This is my first post in the new Forum.Hope I do not mess up.I would love to hear Jack ask Sam if She loves Pete in Affinity.I hate to sound negative but I am really disappoint in all the earth based and SG-1 Personal life episodes in Season 8.I also used to Love the episodes where either Sam or Jack was Hurt and we would see the Angst the other was going through.I really do not see the point of these episodes if nothing is done to follow up.TPTB keep hititng the reset button until the next time Sam or Jack are in trouble.I also still cannot believe after all the near death episodes Sam and Jack have had that Either one or both of them would not say that's it and do something to be together. I also do not buy that Hammond would not have done something to get the regs lifted.Here's hoping the 2nd half of Season 8 has some great Sam and Jack and SG-1 episodes.

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
<waves> hi, did my signature work?

<still dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

grrr! why won't it work :~( I want a picture!

Catysg1
May 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
Spoilers Season 8 Affinity
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
this is difficult. after hearing the horror of what may be happening in Season 8's Affinity (I wanted to throw up), the idea that RDA and AT are coming up with wonderful shippy moments that are being cut out of the finished product is driving me crazy. I loved those pictures from Death Knell. Why couldn't we see that in the show?! :mad: I'm depressed, really. I was very hopeful for season 8; I really thought Sam had gotten it in TLC. I can't stand to think that the Pete thing is going to be dragged out for as long as it is. I believe in the end, Jack and Sam may have some resolution, but I'm fearing it will be of the too little, too late variety. I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man. I have a stomachache.

stephanie:(

Hey Steph ,

Have you watched your request yet "Amazing" Josh Kelley?!!!! ;)

Nice to see you here by the way :)

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 09:31 AM
Spoliers for Season 7 "Chimera"

I agree Catysg1.I love the Sam and Jack ship but I am starting to wonder if it is better not to have Sam and Jack ship while Sam is with Pete.The longer Sam is with Pete the worse Sam is going to look.Sam cannot continue to act like she is in Love with Jack and when Jack is ok go back to Pete like nothing happened.Pete is starting to look like a sympathetic character and that is the last thing I wanted.I never though I would say this but maybe TPTB should drop the Sam and Jack ship until they can get it right.We waited 7 years why not wait until the last few episodes of Season 8.

dipsofjazz
May 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
We waited 7 years why not wait until the last few episodes of Season 8.

The whole point is that we've waited 7 years, and the P thing shouldn't have got this far. The way Sam behaved around Jack in the last few episodes of S7 was very shippy, and for the PTB to continue the P relationship is all wrong!!!!

:mad:

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Your right dipsofjazz.We should not have to wait another second but We will have a long wait on our hands.I Think Because DD is a relative writing the Pete character out of the show will be very difficult.I mentioned this before in the other forum.I have great respect for the Deluise Family but it may have been a mistake to have DD on the show as Sam's boyfriend.I just think it is wrong that the few Jack love interests have been in the show only once and his Ex wife only once.This was when RDA was on a full schedule.I will never understand why Pete is in more than one episode.Since Season 5 was ship lite why not take care of all these personal issues then so Season 8 can focus on wrapping things up.It is too late for TPTB to bring someone else in to complicate the Sam and Jack relationship.I though the regs did that already.

Sam_o_Neill
May 2nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
I totally agree!!!
Pete should never have happened! And after everything that has happened at the end of Season 7 Pete should never be mentioned again. Although I could live with it if he just came into the ep for us to see Sam dump him and tell him that she can't be with him cause she loves Jack :P

Sam x

sacme
May 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Can I be Ship Sistah? I know Aunt Sally didn't want to sound like a nun, but my version is a bit hip, no?

Stephanie

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
The whole point is that we've waited 7 years, and the P thing shouldn't have got this far. The way Sam behaved around Jack in the last few episodes of S7 was very shippy, and for the PTB to continue the P relationship is all wrong!!!!

:mad:
Here! Here!! As of yet, there is no point to the Pete character except to complicate the Sam/Jack relationship. Are TPTB afraid that the regs can't keep Sam and Jack apart for long so they have to add another person? Or could it be that Pete will be revealed to have another purpose than Sam's lust interest. (I just can't call him boyfriend :) ) If Pete doesn't have another purpose, I'm afraid things will seem like a soap opera. I know I will be doing alot of screaming at the tv, "What are you doing with Pete when you love Jack!"

A love interest for either Jack or Sam this late in the show is just heart wrenching.:(

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 11:21 AM
Can I be Ship Sistah? I know Aunt Sally didn't want to sound like a nun, but my version is a bit hip, no?

Stephanie
I would love to have you as my Ship Sistah. Especially with a signature like that!! LOVE IT!!

I wish I could figure out how to make them.:( Is there a link somewhere with the answer?

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks, lol.

Welcome aboard!!!! I am sure your Mom will help you understand all that is wonderful about Sam & Jack...LOL :D

Pretty cool that you are on the forum as well!! :)

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
I totally agree!!!
Pete should never have happened! And after everything that has happened at the end of Season 7 Pete should never be mentioned again. Although I could live with it if he just came into the ep for us to see Sam dump him and tell him that she can't be with him cause she loves Jack :P

Sam x

Couldn't have said it better myself :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM

Stephanie

I don't see why not......anyone...anyone.....

I thnik with a WAY TOO FUNNY signature like that you SHOULD be the Ship Sistah..... :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
I wish I could figure out how to make them.:( Is there a link somewhere with the answer?

Token....
go to my Controls.....then edit my signature
you should be able to do what you want from there :D

Watters87
May 2nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Although I could live with it if he just came into the ep for us to see Sam dump him and tell him that she can't be with him cause she loves Jack :P

Sam x

I would have Sam smack him or Jack kick his butt :)

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM
I would have Sam smack him or Jack kick his butt :)
Then throw him to Ba'al. :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Then throw him to Ba'al. :D
Speaking of Ba'al....
spoiler space abyss
I always wondered how Sam felt about talking Jack into taking a symbiote only to have it drag him into hell.
Thinking about this has made me realize that Jack has ALWAYS shown by his actions that he has the upmost faith AND trust in Sam. In addition to doing anything she asks to keep him alive one more day. I am going to have to plan a marathon (darn I will HAVE to watch hours of Stargate :) ) and see JUST how often Jack does anything just based on what she has to say.
Too often I read things about how Jack doesn't respect her professionally or he dismisses her theories and I have NEVER agreed with that. SO I will gather my research and get some examples.
I have on occasion heard Jack poo pah (new word) her at first...but I have always interpretted that as *The military mindset* but once Jack has been able to fully assess a situation he has always come back to Sam if it is something that she has expertise in. He does this with Daniel too.
Just thinkin in the thread I guess :D

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
Yes I've always seen what Jack does as "the military mindset"... He doesn't need all the details just the facts. Once he has the facts he can make his decision and set the plan into motion, which is when he usually turns back to Sam or Daniel and says "make it so"... oh wait that's Picard... sorry wrong show. :p

waterfall
May 2nd, 2004, 12:57 PM
Hey All!!!

I see my kid posted last night ,isn't she sweet??? :D
It's sooo nice to be loved!!!
Yes,I have been a good momma and taught her that Jack and Sam should be together ;) and to hate "Pete"!!! :mad:
I agree with y'all that "Pete" should go bye-byes and Sam MUST have brain damage to still be with him after TLC!!!
I'm going with ship-daddy here and try to be positive about the spoilers for "Affinity".

I wonder if PDL knows how much DDL's character("Pete") is hated???

auralan
May 2nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Spoiler space for Season 8 "Affinity" and vague mention of Season 8 "Covenant"

I would love to hear Jack ask Sam if She loves Pete in Affinity.I hate to sound negative but I am really disappoint in all the earth based and SG-1 Personal life episodes in Season 8.

I doubt Jack would ask her if she loves Pete. I'm not sure he wants to know. Denial seems to be their number one coping mechanism. I'd expect a question like that to be more likely to come from Teal'c or Daniel. I'd probably bet on Teal'c because he cuts right to the chase when he finally says something, although he might be a bit too busy with his own problems this episode.

I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. I don't care about Teal'c's earth girlfriend, Sam's old friend who wants to expose the project, or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.

It sounds like they're being just a thrown off balance by the budget issues this season as they were the late start last season. Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada? Or go back to places they've been so they can reuse sets? Is it really that much cheaper to film stuff set on earth? I'd think it had to do with indoors vs. outdoors since locations are more expensive than sound stages, but we've seen indoor gates and Tok'ra tunnels certainly aren't location shoots. My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 01:13 PM
Yes I've always seen what Jack does as "the military mindset"... He doesn't need all the details just the facts. Once he has the facts he can make his decision and set the plan into motion, which is when he usually turns back to Sam or Daniel and says "make it so"... oh wait that's Picard... sorry wrong show. :p

:D well now you have just gone and done it...my Two very Fave Sci-Fi guys in one paragraph..........Jack and Jean-Luc Picard.........
I think I would die laughing if just once Jack said "For cryin' out loud, make it so"

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 01:25 PM

I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. (snipped) or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.

ROFL..I love the way you wrote this...expressed my thought exactly

It sounds like they're being just a thrown off balance by the budget issues this season as they were the late start last season. Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada? Or go back to places they've been so they can reuse sets? Is it really that much cheaper to film stuff set on earth? I'd think it had to do with indoors vs. outdoors since locations are more expensive than sound stages, but we've seen indoor gates and Tok'ra tunnels certainly aren't location shoots. My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.
I have to agree. How can it be any cheaper to have to *create* something new vs re-using something. albeit I am sure there is some re-building having to take place if a set hasn't been used for 3 seasons....
I really have to wonder just how much pressure they are under as well with RDA's shortened schedule. If I remember correctly they are filming two and three episodes that he will be in at the same time in order to accomodate the time they have with him. So not only is the budget being stretched by doing two or three at once but the actors themselves begin to lose the flow of any one episode and the crew well I am sure they have their hands full trying to get everything from point A to point B
You know for all the reasons that have been aluded to above I think this is why I really don't want to have a Season 9... I think it would just be to hard on all involved to keep a quality show.

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 01:52 PM

I doubt Jack would ask her if she loves Pete. I'm not sure he wants to know.

Putting myself in Jack's shose, I would never be able to ask that question, it would just hurt too much.

Denial seems to be their number one coping mechanism. I'd expect a question like that to be more likely to come from Teal'c or Daniel. I'd probably bet on Teal'c because he cuts right to the chase when he finally says something, although he might be a bit too busy with his own problems this episode.

I agree here.

I'm not real thrilled with the season 8 spoilers either. I don't care about Teal'c's earth girlfriend, Sam's old friend who wants to expose the project, or anything Pete that isn't the door hitting his rear on his way to obscurity.

Yes, I've been a little disapointed with the spoilers thus far too.

Can't they just gate to a planet that looks a lot like Canada?

I used to make fun of every place looking like Canada, now what I wouldn't give for those days back *sigh*

My hope is that since the majority of spoilers are casting related, they're doing some of those things and just don't need to cast new people for returns to old places. We are only getting fairly small pieces of the bigger picture. It could be better than the snippets make it sound.

Yes, I've been hoping that the stuff we aren't hearing about is the stuff that involves Jacob, Bra'tac and the other pre-established characters... I hope, I hope, I hope. :)

Catysg1
May 2nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
I hope Sam and Jack will get stranded on a deserted planet in episode 9 :)

Caty aka ShipDiva ;)

dipsofjazz
May 2nd, 2004, 03:12 PM

Caty aka ShipDiva ;)
Oh I like the way you think! That's the episode we'd all want to see. :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Oh I like the way you think! That's the episode we'd all want to see. :D
Mark my vote as one big YES!! :D
one of my favorite fics is about them being stuck on a planet for days and days and days and days........did I mention it was for days :D turned into years :D :D :D :D :D :D

dipsofjazz
May 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
one of my favorite fics is about them being stuck on a planet for days and days and days and days........did I mention it was for days :D turned into years :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nice to see you soooo happy, Tame. :)

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 04:04 PM
Hi Barbie,
How do you change your screen name?

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Nice to see you soooo happy, Tame. :)
Thanks dipsofjazz :)
That thought of S&J being together with nuthin to do but *love* each other perked me right up! :D

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 04:29 PM

Auralan,
I think you are on to something here.
Everyone, let's not get upset just yet. Remember Season 7? The first half was not much in the way of Ship, but AAAHHHHH the second half!! :) So Affinity is only the 8th episode so it is just on the downside of the first half of Season 8.

I'm betting my secret cookie recipe that the last half of season 8 is gonna be exactly what we want to see. So I am gonna give the 2nd half of season 8 a thumbs up because I know that TPTB won't let us loyal, steadfast, very patient shippers down.

We are a close knit shipper family. And family is always there for each other!

Special shipper cookies from Ship Nana to all new ship family member. :D :D

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 04:45 PM

ROFL..I love the way you wrote this...expressed my thought exactly

I have to agree. How can it be any cheaper to have to *create* something new vs re-using something. albeit I am sure there is some re-building having to take place if a set hasn't been used for 3 seasons....
I really have to wonder just how much pressure they are under as well with RDA's shortened schedule. If I remember correctly they are filming two and three episodes that he will be in at the same time in order to accomodate the time they have with him. So not only is the budget being stretched by doing two or three at once but the actors themselves begin to lose the flow of any one episode and the crew well I am sure they have their hands full trying to get everything from point A to point B

I agree with you there but don't forget that one of the major costs in filming is the visual effects. Everytime they go offworld there usually is special effects involved. Just going thru the gate is a costly effect. I think by filming on world they are able to save ooodles of money because they don't have to have any CG work done.

You know for all the reasons that have been aluded to above I think this is why I really don't want to have a Season 9... I think it would just be to hard on all involved to keep a quality show.

As much as I would love the show to go on and on and on I think it is better to stop at season 8 and do movies that we can look forward to rather than do low budget and RDA weekly episodes.

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM

Make that 3 votes for YES! :D :D :D

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 04:48 PM

Hey mind if I join the family? ;)
Thought it was about time I laid my cards on the table and came out as the big fat shipper I am. One season left, SURELY the PTB can get it right this time. Just once give a show I love a happy ending Puleeese.

Cheers
Geekyred

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
As much as I would love the show to go on and on and on I think it is better to stop at season 8 and do movies that we can look forward to rather than do low budget and RDA weekly episodes.
Leave it to our Ship Nana to say it quickly and to the point!!!!
I'll just get a cookie :D

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Hey Geekyred, welcome to the family! :D

Of course they can get it right!
"I confident!" :D

The Ship Daddy :)

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Hey mind if I join the family? ;)
Thought it was about time I laid my cards on the table and came out as the big fat shipper I am. One season left, SURELY the PTB can get it right this time. Just once give a show I love a happy ending Puleeese.

Cheers
Geekyred
(((((((((((((((((((((((GeekyRed)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome to Love Side :D :D :D

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 04:53 PM

It helps.<g> Thanks!

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Awww Tame and BCM, thanks for the welcome. Got to say I tend to stay on the shallow side of the shipper arguement (shallow side of EVERYTHING actually) so don't expect anything wise to issue forth from my posts.

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Awww Tame and BCM, thanks for the welcome. Got to say I tend to stay on the shallow side of the shipper arguement (shallow side of EVERYTHING actually) so don't expect anything wise to issue forth from my posts.
GeeyRed I am just so darn glad you came up for air......(Oz was sloshin' over you know where)....just nice to see friends in other places :D

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
GeeyRed I am just so darn glad you came up for air......(Oz was sloshin' over you know where)....just nice to see friends in other places :D

Yeah well I like staying where I know I'll be understood(darn, no drooling smiley) and I don't really get enough time to post the way I would like to. I try not to post and run if it's a longlife thread. It's nice to get to 'know' people.
Any back to the Scheduled shippiness.....

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 05:36 PM

Pete is starting to look like a sympathetic character and that is the last thing I wanted.

Oh, yes, all that spying does tend to make a person garner sympathy. :rolleyes: :P

I never though I would say this but maybe TPTB should drop the Sam and Jack ship until they can get it right.

Bite your tongue!:P PS is a learning experience for Sam, and that has a possitive effect on the Sam/Jack relationship. :D

Sally ;)

SaharaGate
May 2nd, 2004, 05:46 PM
Ok, so now that I'm getting familiar with the new forum, I figure it's time for me to be on topic lol.

Since I am trying hard to avoid Season 8 spoilers, I won't comment on the discussions about what is supposed to happen in Affinity (despite my efforts, I've been spoiled for this ep....but only a tiny bit)...so hard not to peek when everybody is panicing lol.

BUT I do want to get all of your opinions on something (probably already been discussed to death but....well I'm curious).

How did everyone take Jack's behaviour in Fallen (I think), when Sam is explaining her plan to Pilot the F302 through Anubis' shields? He kept interrupting her and drawing attention to the 'flaws' in her plan.

"As the Colonel is WELL aware..." hehe.

In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe he did this (partially) to test her...he is prepping her for command, and she has to be able to put forward her ideas fearlessly, even if everybody thinks she's crazy. She can't doubt herself...

Of course the other reasons would be that he's an A$$ and probably had genuine misgivings.

So what did you all think? Was it uncalled for? Rude? Inexcusable? Did he deserve a swift kick? :mad:

Or was it understandable and 'for the greater good' lol. :o

p.s. let me know if my sig makes this thread slow to load....I made the filesize of the pics a small as possible...they are only about 7kb, but I'll make them REALLY tiny if they bother people.

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
It is too late for TPTB to bring someone else in to complicate the Sam and Jack relationship.I though the regs did that already.

Even though I think the reason that a boyfriend was written in for Sam's character was to flesh her out more and to show that Sam's going through something right now that's making her question personal things... it *feels* like what you've said, that it's the wrong time to bring in someone to complicate their relationship even more than the regs are doing. Logic tells you that this bf issue is important for Sam's growth, but your heart says 'enough already!' I really just want this all to end... and that means having next season be the last. I don't like feeling that.:(

Sally :confused:

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ship Nana, are those cookies???!!!!!

That is waaaay to cool!! :cool:

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
Stephanie, I love your sig!:p

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah well I like staying where I know I'll be understood(darn, no drooling smiley) and I don't really get enough time to post the way I would like to. I try not to post and run if it's a longlife thread. It's nice to get to 'know' people.
Any back to the Scheduled shippiness.....

Hi Geekyred! :)

You don't ever have to worry about saying something profound here, just say what you feel.

Remember, whenever you feel like you need some love, you just come back to our shipper family thread for hugs. (((((((Geekyred)))))))

Oh and don't forget to help yourself to some of Ship Nana's cookies. :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Ok, so now that I'm getting familiar with the new forum, I figure it's time for me to be on topic lol.

Since I am trying hard to avoid Season 8 spoilers, I won't comment on the discussions about what is supposed to happen in Affinity (despite my efforts, I've been spoiled for this ep....but only a tiny bit)...so hard not to peek when everybody is panicing lol.

BUT I do want to get all of your opinions on something (probably already been discussed to death but....well I'm curious).

How did everyone take Jack's behaviour in Fallen (I think), when Sam is explaining her plan to Pilot the F302 through Anubis' shields? He kept interrupting her and drawing attention to the 'flaws' in her plan.

"As the Colonel is WELL aware..." hehe.

In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe he did this (partially) to test her...he is prepping her for command, and she has to be able to put forward her ideas fearlessly, even if everybody thinks she's crazy. She can't doubt herself...

Of course the other reasons would be that he's an A$$ and probably had genuine misgivings.

So what did you all think? Was it uncalled for? Rude? Inexcusable? Did he deserve a swift kick? :mad:

Or was it understandable and 'for the greater good' lol. :o

p.s. let me know if my sig makes this thread slow to load....I made the filesize of the pics a small as possible...they are only about 7kb, but I'll make them REALLY tiny if they bother people.
I am going to have to re-watch Fallen to answer you with any intelligence. DOn't you say a word BCM :D
Others will prolly answer you before I get back, but I will watch it and let you know what I think.....I tend to talk a lot on the thread (BCM....:D)
As to your signature....for me personally ...not a bother....but I am just speaking for myself

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 05:58 PM
How did everyone take Jack's behaviour in Fallen (I think)

I think what probably happened was they had a private meeting with the general where she outlined the plan, and it was approved -- possibly over Jack's objections. My guess is Jack's interruptions were his way of informing EVERYbody what the downsides were so they knew what they were in for.

Of course I thought it was a little rude the way he presented them, but that's part of the fun with Jack, right? :p :rolleyes:

going with the thought that he's prepairing her for command she would also have to deal with loud mouth men who wouldn't put up with a woman superior officer. As well as the standard issue obnoxious @$$holes.

[qoute]Of course the other reasons would be that he's an A$$ and probably had genuine misgivings.[/quote]

Probably a part of it. :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 05:59 PM
Oh and don't forget to help yourself to some of Ship Nana's cookies. :D

((((((((((((((((((Ship Nana))))))))))))))))))))

You made cookies How cool is THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that....don't mind if I do.........

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Cheers to Ship Nana for the most excellent cookies.

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Logic tells you that this bf issue is important for Sam's growth, but your heart says 'enough already!' I really just want this all to end... and that means having next season be the last. I don't like feeling that.:(

I agree Sally it's very disheartening :(

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:04 PM
I am going to have to re-watch Fallen to answer you with any intelligence. DOn't you say a word BCM :D

*looks inocent* *wistles* :D

Others will prolly answer you before I get back, but I will watch it and let you know what I think.....I tend to talk a lot on the thread (BCM....:D)

*opens mouth, closes it quickly*

Hi Tame, how's it going? :p

Yes I like Sam and Jack ship...

*walks away* boy that was hard :p ;)

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 06:07 PM

If I were PDL, I would have said to David, "Bro, you *really* don't want to play this character, because there will be a section of fans that will want to rip your hair out." :p But really, I don't want their feelings to be hurt about this, but I can't help but think that they basically knew what they were getting into. I really would have never even suggested my brother(s) if I were Peter. I'd want to save them. :p

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 06:09 PM
*looks inocent* *wistles* :D

*opens mouth, closes it quickly*

Hi Tame, how's it going? :p

Yes I like Sam and Jack ship...

*walks away* boy that was hard :p ;)
I was trying to be serious..... and then I thought of what I was saying and then I thought of YOU ......just couldn't do it could ya :D

Hi Bri........ Going okay :)
I love ship makes the show more fun for me :)
See Ya now :p ;) :D

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 06:10 PM
If I were PDL, I would have said to David, "Bro, you *really* don't want to play this character, because there will be a section of fans that will want to rip your hair out." :p But really, I don't want their feelings to be hurt about this, but I can't help but think that they basically knew what they were getting into. I really would have never even suggested my brother(s) if I were Peter. I'd want to save them. :p

Maybe he broke PDL's toys when they were younger and he bares long grudges. :D

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:12 PM
LOL :D

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry MajorSal.Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.

Ship Nana
May 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Even though I think the reason that a boyfriend was written in for Sam's character was to flesh her out more and to show that Sam's going through something right now that's making her question personal things... it *feels* like what you've said, that it's the wrong time to bring in someone to complicate their relationship even more than the regs are doing. Logic tells you that this bf issue is important for Sam's growth, but your heart says 'enough already!' I really just want this all to end... and that means having next season be the last. I don't like feeling that.:(

Sally :confused:

Aaawww Auntie Sal, please cheer up! :(
First of all, since TPTB brought in the bf issue, I think the plan is to use it as a way of helping Sam come around to setting her priorities. This also gives some depth to Sam and makes her more than just 2 dimensional.

She is not gonna just jump into Jack's arms giving up everything that she has worked so hard for because they are attracted to each other.

When they do get together it will be because she knows that there is sooooo much more to their relationship, like respect, compassion, companionship, similar goals and values, always being there for one another and deep, everlasting love!!!! And because it will be FOREVER!!

It will happen, you believe it. We haven't waited this long for nothing. And oh when it does happen (2nd half of season 8, I'm betting) it will be sooooo right.

Meanwhile you just have one of Nana's cookies to help make you feel better

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Just once give a show I love a happy ending Puleeese.

That would make an excellent postcard!:p No, really. If you send it, though, make sure to let them know that happy ending is a shippy Sam/Jack resolution!!! :D

stargate barbie
May 2nd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Hi Barbie,
How do you change your screen name?

thats a good question. i didn't know how to do it either, so what i did was, cheated!
i just re-registered under a new name.
loving the cookies by the way ;)

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Sorry MajorSal.Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.

Yes, I agree, when you put it like that :D Maybe it's because I'm a guy. ;)

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Ok...I'm doing my best not to be spoiled for Season 8 or Atlantis so I don't know where to turn because I have to know one thing. Does Season 8 start where Lost City ended?

Please don't tell me anything else. ;) I know my shipper family will protect me.:D

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
First of all, since TPTB brought in the bf issue, I think the plan is to use it as a way of helping Sam come around to setting her priorities. This also gives some depth to Sam and makes her more than just 2 dimensional.

I agree, although I thought she already was a 3D character...

When they do get together it will be because she knows that there is sooooo much more to their relationship, like respect, compassion, companionship, similar goals and values, always being there for one another and deep, everlasting love!!!! And because it will be FOREVER!!

You go Ship Nana! :D You tell 'em!

It will happen, you believe it. We haven't waited this long for nothing. And oh when it does happen (2nd half of season 8, I'm betting) it will be sooooo right.

I have little doubt that it will happen, I've just got little faith that it'll be a big enough payoff after all the Pete stuff :S :o

Meanwhile you just have one of Nana's cookies to help make you feel better

Yum! :D

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
That would make an excellent postcard!:p No, really. If you send it, though, make sure to let them know that happy ending is a shippy Sam/Jack resolution!!! :D

Speaking of postcards.... I can't find my list of TPTB addresses I had printed from the old forum. Arrrgggghhh! I even searched the forum with no luck.:(
Can someone repost them or link them? I have a few words to send. :D

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Does Season 8 start where Lost City ended?

When you say start where TLC left off I'm assuming you mean with Jack still on ice.

If so...
From the spoilers I've been reading it seem that it will... for the most part.

Does that help? :D

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Spoilers for Season 8 "Covenant and "Affinity"

No offense but I could care less about seeing a Girlfriend for Teal'c in Affinity or Sam's Friend in Covenant.The last time I checked the show was called Stargate Sg-1 and not Stargate Sg-1 and Friends.I know all about RDA's Reduced schedule but I guess Jack just works at the SGC and just goes home then goes to bed.Sorry no personal life for you Jack.I must have missed the episode where Jack became a Monk.I have never been so confused regarding Stargate like I am now.I have no idea which direction the show is going.I heard about the reduced Budget but is it really that bad? I do not need to see great affects in every scence but lets at least try to wrap up some outstanding story lines.The only thing I can think of is maybe we are getting that 9th season.If RDA is not involved I rather not see Season 9.While season 9 may still get good ratings without RDA it will never be the same show without Jack.Hope I did not offend anyone with my comments.

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 06:44 PM

Yes, I agree, when you put it like that Maybe it's because I'm a guy.

When it is looked at this way I think it kind of states the MAIN reason we are all stymied over why TPTB even brought in a new love interest for Sam. TPTB seem to be the only ones who think she has a BWC, I have yet to hear a fan say they thought it first, The introduction of Pit has cast somewhat of a pallor over the wonderful ship in the latter half of S7 because we are always asking "What about Sam & Pit?" "How can Sam keep doing that if she still has feelings for Jack?" Never mind that we can eventually rationalize just about anything.......it is like Sally says....its how it makes you *feel* when you saw it the first time.....that stays with you

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry MajorSal.

Nothing to appologize for my friend. I went back to read what I'd said -hard to do too, because this forum doesn't give you replying numbers :mad: , and realized I sounded a bit snarky. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry. :(

[QUOTE]Do not get me wrong.Pete deserves everything he gets but Sam needs to make a choice.Anyway you cut it Sam should no being seeing anyone else until she comes to some sort of resolution about Jack.It is not fair to Jack or Pete or anyone else she dates.Sam's true feelings are still with Jack.That's what I meant about the sympathetic part.[QUOTE]

One thing to consider, though, is Sam's still not 100% sure of *Jack's* feelings, so that puts her in an unfortunate position of still not getting what she wants even if she drops PS. It's that lack of knowing, and that astounding lack of communication that's the sticking point(s). Just my take on it, though.

Token
May 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
When you say start where TLC left off I'm assuming you mean with Jack still on ice.

If so...
From the spoilers I've been reading it seem that it will... for the most part.

Does that help? :D
Spoilers for Season 7 Lost City 2
I was wondering if it would be like other season cliffhangers that picked up exacting where the previous season ended. Like Season 1 "Within the Serpent's Grasp" / Season 2 "The Serpent's Lair" AND Season 2 "Out of Mind" / Season 3 "Into the Fire" AND Season 3 "Nemesis" / Season 4 "Small Victories"

ses110
May 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
No need to appologize as well MajorSal.I just find it hard to believe that Sam cannot tell that Jack Loves her.Jack as the CO has to be very careful regarding Sam and his feelings.I believe Jack has given Sam plenty of examples of how much he loves her.Divide and Conquer and Frozen are big examples.I do not like to pick out flaws with the Sam character but as long as Sam has a boyfriend and Jack does not have a Girlfriend,Jack is going to look like he loves Sam more than Sam loves Jack. IMO TPTB should have had both Sam and Jack try to move on with other people then have Sam and Jack get together near the end of the show.That way one character does not look better than the other.The way things look now it looks like Jack cannot move on from Sam and Sam looks like she does not have the same feelings as Jack.I hope that made sense.

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Okay, Token, my impression from the spoilers is that it will be more like what happened between s6 and s7... in that you will know 3 months have passed, but we'll be picking up when the next important action occurs.

How's that? :)

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
TPTB seem to be the only ones who think she has a BWC, I have yet to hear a fan say they thought it first

DON'T get me started.... just DON'T!! :mad: :mad:

it is like Sally says....its how it makes you *feel* when you saw it the first time.....that stays with you

like crap... I mean yes you're right! :S

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
DON'T get me started.... just DON'T!! :mad: :mad:
I know I know ...that is why I said that the way I did to, BE VERY CLEAR
won't talk about anymore :)

like crap... I mean yes you're right! :S
YEP....and people wonder why I won't name a certain episode :S

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 07:21 PM
You mean .... *gasp* Chimera? :eek:

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
You know.........I was REALLY trying to be nice to you DAD......but that was below the belt..... I was really clear about the BWC and how it was TPTB who did it.....and THAT was the THANKS I get........:D
You are so gonna get it :D

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
yup...he only says 'no' to her once that I can recall...in Red Sky, she tries to convince him (albeit halfheartedly) not to blow the alien ship up

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
You are so gonna get it :D

Talk's cheap! :D :p :D

in Red Sky, she tries to convince him (albeit halfheartedly) not to blow the alien ship up

I think you mean "Scorched Earth" :)

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
make that four...thousand or so!

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
Talk's cheap!

I plan....I plot :D ;) :P

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM
hey, how did you get your pics nice and small for your signature? I can't figure it out

LtLisa
May 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
oops...good thing ship daddy's here to correct me...been watching so much stargate I had an overload...

sacme
May 2nd, 2004, 08:54 PM
Nana, I LOVE the ship cookie! Mmmm, homemade. Always makes me feel better when I get all worked up over nasty spoilers.

((((((Nana))))))

Ship Sistah Steph

Shipperahoy
May 2nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
My goodness you people sure are busy bees. I went to sleep on Friday with just us moderators in the forum and wake up Saturday and find you've already got a couple of pages in this thread already and then I come home today and you've got like 5 more pages. Are you guys trying to start some kind of record or something? A girl has to stay online 24 hours a day just to keep up.

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 09:21 PM
hey, how did you get your pics nice and small for your signature? I can't figure it out
I resize them........I was lucky Caty used her Photo editor for for this particular picture and sent it back to me all shiny and new. But I like em small so I d/l an editor program as well and now I am a resizing fool :D

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 09:23 PM
My goodness you people sure are busy bees. I went to sleep on Friday with just us moderators in the forum and wake up Saturday and find you've already got a couple of pages in this thread already and then I come home today and you've got like 5 more pages. Are you guys trying to start some kind of record or something? A girl has to stay online 24 hours a day just to keep up.
We are a dedicated bunch :D just don't ask "A bunch of what? ;)

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
First of all, since TPTB brought in the bf issue, I think the plan is to use it as a way of helping Sam come around to setting her priorities.

I REALLY like the way you put that! It gives texture to Sam's journey. She's at the age where she might be thinking that her time's running out in having a life with a hubby and kids. She's done the labor, now she might be wanting to enjoy the fruits of it.

Meanwhile you just have one of Nana's cookies to help make you feel better.

*chews*

Mmm, yummy. :p

TameFarrar
May 2nd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Loving the new signature Sally!!!!!!Great Job!!!

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
I have little doubt that it will happen, I've just got little faith that it'll be a big enough payoff after all the Pete stuff :S :o

I know. I'm afraid the payoff will feel less than zero after the romantic ship we indured with Sam/PS - and what we now want for Sam and Jack. It seems that the fallout of Chimera is Stargate's own Chernobyl. :p

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 10:35 PM

Tame will be proud of me - she helped me for *hours* yesterday in trying to hook on a pic to my sig. :p I got my small pics from MGM's Stargate website. I got the idea by example from someone here to try hooking on thumbnails. It works! :D I picked out a few from seasons 4 thru 6, so you'll see some different ones through out the days. And thanks to Tame's kindness, I now know how to do it for myself.

majorsal
May 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
Loving the new signature Sally!!!!!!Great Job!!!

Thanks, teach!

*blows kisses*

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 10:48 PM
It seems that the fallout of Chimera is Stargate's own Chernobyl. :p

ooohhh, I like that analogy :D

SaharaGate
May 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
I think what probably happened was they had a private meeting with the general where she outlined the plan, and it was approved -- possibly over Jack's objections. My guess is Jack's interruptions were his way of informing EVERYbody what the downsides were so they knew what they were in for.

Hmm I never considered that. But you're right...the way he objected he had to have been really familiar with the plan...it must have already been discussed and he was prompting her to tell it like it is, Jack-style. He didn't want it glossed over.....not that she would have, it's just people get lost in technobabble.

And he DID apologise afterwards. Sort of. :rolleyes:

And sorry it took so long to reply to people...couldn't get on the forum for a bit (think it was my computer), then got sidetracked doing the invitations to my 21st. Or rather, I was sidetracked FROM doing my invites TO the forum...and then went back to what I was supposed to be doing ;)

Catysg1
May 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Just trying my sig and I still want Jack and Sam stranded on a deserted planet in episode 9 of season 8 :p without interruption.

InspiredNightmare
May 3rd, 2004, 01:58 AM
:) You're a good son. Have one of Ship Nanna's cookies.

BTW I've managed to add a picture.I'm so excited!!!! :D
woohoo! I get a cookie, lol. Sorry... :D

Hate to disapoint though... I'm her daughter. lol.

Catysg1
May 3rd, 2004, 04:15 AM
Hey Guys ...regarding the sigs ..I haven't figured out yet how to put the 2 pics I have Side by side ...so that I can reduce the space I'm using for my sig. :confused:
Has somebody used the side by side code ..what is it ? Can't find it anywhere!!!

Other than that , It was pretty good fun to do my sig . :)

Thank you ;)

Catysg1
May 3rd, 2004, 04:41 AM
Hi guys ... :rolleyes:

May be I put a extra space in my sig.... :rolleyes: I'm gonna check :rolleyes:

Edited : to say ..no ..it's not the extra space ...hummmmm( scratching head) :rolleyes:

If you want to watch my new videos ...I made a link to the "MY SHIPPY SAM & JACK VIDEOS" ;)

dipsofjazz
May 3rd, 2004, 05:27 AM
woohoo! I get a cookie, lol. Sorry... :D

Hate to disapoint though... I'm her daughter. lol.
:o Sorrrrrrrrry for getting that wrong!! It's still nice to see that you're looking after your mum. Have another cookie! :)

TameFarrar
May 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks, teach!

*blows kisses*

::::blushing::::::

Thanks for the praise Sally.....It was my pleasure helping you out!!!!

Sam_o_Neill
May 3rd, 2004, 07:58 AM
Hey everybody :)
I'm sorry for butting in but I really have to say how much I like Caty's signature. Love the little pic of Sam and Jack going on their honeymoon :p

Sam and Jack forever! Get rid of Pit!!

Geekyred
May 3rd, 2004, 08:20 AM
I know. I'm afraid the payoff will feel less than zero after the romantic ship we indured with Sam/PS - and what we now want for Sam and Jack. It seems that the fallout of Chimera is Stargate's own Chernobyl. :p

Yeah Chimera sucked but after that ep I was pretty amazed that the second half on s7 had so much (overt) ship in it. Kinda like Pete didn't really count. I'll be happy with s8 if all they do is keep the feeling of that going - with a nice resolution at the end of course. Even something subtle, I'm not hard to please.

LtLisa
May 3rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
but then how did you get the modified picture ito your signature?

LtLisa
May 3rd, 2004, 08:33 AM
I LOVE your signature!

Gatetrixer
May 3rd, 2004, 08:45 AM
First, what does BWC mean? 2nd, I think RDA's suggestion for Jack to take Hammond's place so as not to always have to give a reason for Jack's absence has complicated the upcoming (hopefully) good ship resolution. Now Sam can't take command of another SG group or even becoming a civilian science worker in Cheyenne Mtn, without Jack still being her boss. And Jack can retire, but bad knees don't usually negate doing a desk job, plus he's going to retire so soon after becoming a general? I can't think of how it can be resolved, except : SCREW THE REGS! If this is really the last season and if Atlantis doesn't need AF cooperation, just maybe TPTB will finally do that. 3rd, spoilers for Jack's defrosting? Where? 4th, I hadn't been on the other forum long enough to figure it all out and now this?

Catysg1
May 3rd, 2004, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry for butting in but I really have to say how much I like Caty's signature. Love the little pic of Sam and Jack going on their honeymoon :p

Thank Sam but I' try to reduce the space I'm using to find a way to put the 2 pics side by side ...can't find one ?
Do you know ? I've tried to delete all spaces ...but still doesn't work.(Scratching head!!)LOL

Caty :)

TameFarrar
May 3rd, 2004, 09:42 AM
First, what does BWC mean? SCREW THE REGS!
BWC=Black Widow Curse

Ask BCM I am sure he would love to explain it in very minute detail :D :eek:

Watters87
May 3rd, 2004, 09:45 AM
First, what does BWC mean?

It means 'Black Widow Curse'. It's a curse Sam seems to have with 'boyfriends'

Shipperahoy
May 3rd, 2004, 09:55 AM
BWC=Black Widow Curse

Hee hee.

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
BWC=Black Widow Curse

Okay You asked for it... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p...

The Black Widow Curse is the stupidest, dumbest, most rediculous thing in the world! TPTB have this dumb idea that all of Sam's 'boyfriends' die. Well considering non of them were actually 'boyfriends' and considering that half the people that have crushes on her survied it's the stupidest idea they every came up with. It was because of the Black Widow Curse that we got Pete!! :mad: :mad:

That's the short version.

:mad: :mad:

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Hee hee.

Don't encourage her! :p :D

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
May 3rd, 2004, 10:31 AM
I don't come on here for the whole day and already there are 6 pages worth of posts to read. I will catch up on them all :).

*throws some of her special mini muffins around*

Well I think they can help ease the pain of 'the episode that shall not be named' and all those new spoiers :).

Btw Caty, I love your new sig, very cool :).

~Tracey~

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 10:46 AM

Okay, I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but I've been gone all weekend and came back to these links! Those are awesome Sal!!! :D Wonder if they filmed that kiss in Death Knell then cut it!! Boy, seems like she likes to kiss him quite a bit (who wouldn't?) ;)

Lisa

sugarshaker
May 3rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Help fellow shippers! Sugarshaker needs a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Spoilers S8/Affinity

Just read the spoiler for Affinity. I know there has been some discussion about this, but I can't catch up on 200 posts right now. Sorry if this has been said ad infinitum, but I'm really upset. This 'I'm seeing Pete' followed by shippy stuff with Jack followed by I'm seeing Pete followed by shippy stuff with Jack.... you get the picture. I can't stand it anymore!

After all the rotten things Pit did, she wonders if it's fair to poor Petey-poo? AARGH. I haven't held out for S/J ship for 7 years to be repaid with this. I can't remember who it was on this post that said that this is really starting to make Sam look bad, but whomever you are, you're right.

I've written nice, complimentary letters praising the show and making requests for what I want to see with S/J, but if this episode goes down badly, I'm really going to complain. The last thing I want is another angst-filled roller coaster ride.

Sniff, sniff.

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Shipp Nana....
I know what you mean...... :D was rushing the family OUT of the room...wondering what everyone was talking about...LOL

Okay, Tame--I'm lost!!! :S Downloaded what? Gee Whiz! I leave for a few days and the shippy world goes by without me! That's the last time I take the Girl Scouts anywhere without internet access!!!! :eek:

marimba

Shipperahoy
May 3rd, 2004, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with Marimba. Those pics are great. They sure do like to fool around on set a lot don't they. And AT sure is a snogging machine. Michael Shanks on the Ressurection set and RDA on almost every set. Now we just need a picture of her in a passionate embrace with Teal'c because, well, it's really not fair that he be left out. ;)

Minor Spoiler Affinity Season 8
But those were a nice little pick me up after reading that Pete would still be around as of episode 8 next season. Sigh.

TameFarrar
May 3rd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Okay You asked for it... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p...
It was because of the Black Widow Curse that we got Pete!! :mad: :mad:
That's the short version.
:mad: :mad:

Don't encourage her! :p :D

NANNY NANNY BOO BOO :p :p :p

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:15 AM

He'd have to be living under a rock not to...LOL :D

As for why they keep him around, I think I have two words...nepo...tism! :eek:

Okay, so that's not two... :rolleyes:

TameFarrar
May 3rd, 2004, 11:17 AM
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I have to agree with Marimba. Those pics are great. They sure do like to fool around on set a lot don't they. And AT sure is a snogging machine. Michael Shanks on the Ressurection set and RDA on almost every set. Now we just need a picture of her in a passionate embrace with Teal'c because, well, it's really not fair that he be left out. ;)

You just know if TPTB played off the natural chemistry these two have and just let it add to the whole Team chemistry that we see Man it would just blow the ROOF off!!! :D

TameFarrar
May 3rd, 2004, 11:19 AM
Okay, Tame--I'm lost!!! :S Downloaded what? Gee Whiz! I leave for a few days and the shippy world goes by without me! That's the last time I take the Girl Scouts anywhere without internet access!!!! :eek:

marimba
((((((((((((((((((((((((((MARIMBA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Don't EVER leave again!!!!!!!!!!! do you see what happens to me when you leave????? I am a posting junky!!! :eek:

I have no clue about the downloading I would have to go back and re-read stuff...I am so glad you are back!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:26 AM

Caty aka ShipDiva ;)

Caty,

Just got to watch your new vid!!!! ;) Thank you SOOOOOOO much!!!! :D :D :D I REALLY NEEDED THAT after a very long weekend away from the ship!!!!! :D :D Had a BIG GRIN :D the whole time I watched! :D

Lisa

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Spoilers S8/Affinity

This 'I'm seeing Pete' followed by shippy stuff with Jack followed by I'm seeing Pete followed by shippy stuff with Jack.... you get the picture. I can't stand it anymore!

You and me and most everyone else! :S :mad:

After all the rotten things Pit did, she wonders if it's fair to poor Petey-poo? AARGH.

The impression I got was that she meant it in a general way... as in it wouldn't be fair to any significant other, not just Pete. auralan said something like that too.

I haven't held out for S/J ship for 7 years to be repaid with this. I can't remember who it was on this post that said that this is really starting to make Sam look bad, but whomever you are, you're right.

I've said that, but so have a lot of others.

Don't worry about it too much. It's still early. And I'm still very hopeful that everything will turn out ok in the end.

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:33 AM

Oh, you are SOOOOOO right Auntie!!!! ;) I would have told my brother 'Run, Run like the wind!' :D

In a rather silly mood today...

Lisa

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 11:33 AM
You just know if TPTB played off the natural chemistry these two have and just let it add to the whole Team chemistry that we see Man it would just blow the ROOF off!!! :D

Amen! :)

BTW :p :p :p :p :p

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Maybe he broke PDL's toys when they were younger and he bares long grudges. :D

So glad you're here Geekyred! You always make me laugh! :D

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM

Ahhh, Chernobyl--excellent way to put it! Notice how both words begin with 'ch'--coincidence? I think NOT! :D

Post 205, only a few left to go, whew! :p

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
LOVE YOUR SIG CATY!!!! Thanks for putting up the link to your site too!!!!! My bookmark was gone when I came back so I'm really glad it was there!!!!! Gee, hubs used my computer this weekend--wonder if it was a conspiracy? LOL

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=bcmilco]Okay You asked for it... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p... Chimera :p...

OOOMMMMGGGG!!! You guys are too funny today! Thought I was the only one in a silly mood--the exhaustion must be contagious! :p Saw the above and had to wipe the tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! :D

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Thank you, I try.... or is that trying? :D :D :D :p

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM

Oh, you are SOOOOOOO right!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That would be AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D

Shipperahoy
May 3rd, 2004, 12:00 PM
You think that people are being silly today? You should see the day I had a little while back when it was just us mods on the forum. Feli started the Ship Discussion thread and, well, you should just check out my answer to #3. What can I say?

marimba26
May 3rd, 2004, 12:00 PM
I don't think you have to worry too much about me leaving in the future! I leave for two days and I had to read 224 posts to catch up!!!!!!!!! OMG--you guys are soooo prolific! Haven't even gone over to the drooling thread (I guess I mean the "thunking" thread now) yet and I've been at this for TWO HOURS!!!

sacme
May 3rd, 2004, 12:52 PM

Wow, your sig is amazing, too! I'm feeling very inadequate! :S I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.