This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jafana
    As much as I love the thought of Sam and Jack getting together, perhaps the reason we enjoy the show so much is because they haven't gotten together yet. It creates a much needed tension and makes for much more interesting watching.
    OK, I used to "need" this tension. It's always fun to see little jokes and
    small interactions between S&J for me. And it might be why you enjoy
    the show so much no. But I get very, very tired of just teasers for going
    on eight years. It doesn't seem natural! LOL I wrote a little thing
    the very first time I posted in a J&S Shipper thread about how the writers
    should not just cut bait and run after holding us on the fishing line for
    so long. I'm still hooked and waiting under the boat for them to fish me in.

So many shows have been ruined because TPTB have given in to temptation to get the main characters together. And in reality, if Sam and Jack did get together, to keep the tension that creates the magic, they would have to end up hating each other.
    This is the standard thing that writers/producers have been telling us for
    years and years. And years. Hart to Hart was an entire show of a married couple
    (not that I want to get Sam and Jack married on the show, it's just a
    sample) who did detective work. It seemed to play OK.

I think one mistake they made on Lois and Clark was that they spent too much
    time in each ep focusing on L&C in bed. They could have kept them married and
    continued to focus on the weird super-villain stories, but the writers blew it.
    X-Files, I think, could have been great -- except Duchovny had basically quit,
    which threw a wrench in the entire "Scully loved Mulder" scenario. You have
    to have the pair actually present at times to keep the normal flow
    going. Most stories that were XF tales about weird happenings were just
    as good as always -- but it was hard for many to handle not having DD there.

People got married on Friends, and this did not seem to hurt ratings much.
    The characters carried on pretty much as usual. That's the key.

I think that if TPTB did not make S&J the main focus, but let them be just
    sort of naturally taking the next step -- like at least*Talk* FCOL! -- and then
    keep some great sort of Stargate adventure as the central them of such
    episodes, that it wouldn't be disruptive and wouldn't be a big deal to any
    but us shippers. Maybe! It could be done.

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
    appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
    full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
    in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Oops, forgot some more...

I mean, it's a Sci-Fi show... babies don't work in that environment, not to mention the fact that the show is about the Stargate, not specifically about Sam and Jack (as much as we'd like it to be... but then, it wouldn't be the show we love would it?)
      I don't think many of us want the show to be just Sam and Jack.
      (Though some like Caty wouldn't mind, I'm sure!)
      Let's see -- they've had several episodes of Daniel and Sha're, his wife, and
      love and having a baby and even showing them in bed. Then there was
      stuff about the Harsesis child.

We had Teal'c's family and his *son* in a few episodes, and always the
      idea is there in the background.

And the show *was* focused on them for some episodes. And yet the
      series went on. Still science fiction. Still great for 7 years.

I think Sam and Jack could have even more of a connection -- once those
      pesky regs get handled somehow -- and not have it be the "death knell"
      of the show. Well, it's a bit late to call it a Death Knell, anyway, since
      it's probably the last season, and the show might just die naturally.

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
      appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
      full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
      in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        (snip, snip) I don't need "Knock her down and jump her bones in the middle of the gateroom sex".

I don't know Tame. That could have possibilities don't ya think??!
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          Yeah, that is one way to keep the Stargate 'in the picture' so to speak.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
            <snip>

This is the standard thing that writers/producers have been telling us for
            years and years. And years. Hart to Hart was an entire show of a married couple
            (not that I want to get Sam and Jack married on the show, it's just a
            sample) who did detective work. It seemed to play OK.

<snip>
            OzGirl
            Ooohh, good example! Stephanie Powers and Robert Wagner oozed chemistry which made the premise work. They didn't save the universe, but they solved some very important crimes all the while just loving each other. What we don't see enough of on TV/movies is healthy, loving marriages. The marriage isn't the point of the story and doesn't distract from the story; it is just part of the normal course of life and adds to the story.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              In this scenario, I could actually see Sam and Jack doing something like this, even if it meant going against the regs. But I also think there'd have to be a pretty big situation for either one to go against something they respect so much, and I'm talking about the military. I think the guilt they'd feel would be much more regarding betraying Hammond in some way than anything else.

So, what kind of situation(s) could you guys see Sam and Jack disregarding the regs for. This isn't easy to answer.

Sally
              That is a good question Sally. I like your scenario and to use it as a jumping off point to answer your question--IMO it would have to be something pretty drastic. Like them getting tortured/killed (and revived) in front of each other. I think it would take something VERY awful--considering what they've already been through. I read a fanfic like this called "A New Life" by Brenna. I think they were sold into slavery. It's really good but I think illustrates the point. Here's the link for those interested.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tkeefer6/index.html
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                Spoilers, Season 8 (about non-main cast actor/character, not plotlines).

[snip]

Hmm maybe Sam will like him....that distinguished older man type...
                she's supposed to already know him from her past. And if she had a thing for him, or if he had a thing for her I'm going to scream! Because the every-guy-that-sam-knows-falls-for-her
                is getting a little old.
                Not to mention Pete is still supposed to be on the scene. And if Colson does have a thing for Sam it's really starting to become SoapGate.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hi everyone This is the fist time I have posted a message. I am one of those who enjoys reading your post and I would like to say how much it makes me feel better about jack and Sam ship.I have been feeling rather down after reading the spoilers for season 8 and finding out that Pete may be in more than one episode if any. Lets hope we see a resolution by the end of this next season, Sam must see that Jack is the only one for her. Anyone else pales in comparison.
                  For information I am studying Egyptology at University in England as a mature student. A number of people on my course are SG1 fans, and are also Sam and Jack shippers. They will very disappointed if Sam and Jack do not end up together

Thank you
                  Isis

Isis
                  Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by krazyscaper
                    I've thought about what kind of situation Jack and Sam would have to be put in for something to actually happen between them, for something to change (for example, Jack retiring). And I always come back to this idea, its kind of a variation on something that happened in the original film. You know when Sha're got killed in the film and Daniel picked up her body and went back to revive her? Well I'd love for Sam to actually die in some kind of battle against goa'uld forces in a goa'uld fortress and Jack to go all pyscho and angsty and pick her up and see if he could find a sarcophagus (or if he knew where one was- to go straight to it) and bring her back to life, therefore making him realize just how much he needs her and loves her, and also making him realize that he needs to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! anyway, thats just my little idea, hav'nt thought about it too much.......honest <bg>

krazy
                    Hello!

Hey that idea has potential
                    ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                      But I get very, very tired of just teasers for going
                      on eight years. It doesn't seem natural! LOL
                      I agree it's really not natural, If their feelings are as strong as they make them out to be then they'd have found a way to be together a long time ago. It's irksome that they keep playing us like this. Get them together and go back to tell Scifi Stories so we can enjoy Stargate adventures.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        What we don't see enough of on TV/movies is healthy, loving marriages. The marriage isn't the point of the story and doesn't distract from the story; it is just part of the normal course of life and adds to the story.
                        But healthy normal relationships aren't interesting

And the sad part is for a lot of kids TV is the educator and all they see are unhealthy relationships.
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
                          Hi everyone This is the fist time I have posted a message. I am one of those who enjoys reading your post and I would like to say how much it makes me feel better about jack and Sam ship.I have been feeling rather down after reading the spoilers for season 8 and finding out that Pete may be in more than one episode if any. Lets hope we see a resolution by the end of this next season, Sam must see that Jack is the only one for her. Anyone else pales in comparison.
                          For information I am studying Egyptology at University in England as a mature student. A number of people on my course are SG1 fans, and are also Sam and Jack shippers. They will very disappointed if Sam and Jack do not end up together

Thank you
                          Isis

A big handwaving Hi to Iris. Glad you're here!

Help yourself to some Shipper Cookies
                          Ship Nana

Comment

well cheers BCM, is nice of you to say so, if only the writers would take heed of me! of all of us! ah well... <mumbles something about pete, the words 'hang him up by his...' are just discernable>

krazy

Comment

P.S hello everyone! not new to posting here but havnt in awhile, didnt know the format had changed...hmm, think I liked the old one better, or maybe I'm just being nostalgic?

krazy

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Oh Ship Nana
                                ROFLAMOO

Only you
                                Well it would have possibilities but I think if they would justl et it progress naturally and keep the show moving it really would appease everyone.......we would be happy...the die hard sci-fi would be happy.... the anti ship would be happy ...because the focus would *really* still be on the the Stargate and all the rest background
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X