X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackiwi
    Hi all

I'm new here! Yay for me!

Anyway, just wanted to say- Sam and Jack forever! Pete who? Everyone knows the curse will get him sooner or later! Not even Martouf could survive it forever, though it did take two attemps to kill him completely! Lol.

Hugs
    Jackiwi

Welcome, Jackiwi!

*waves*

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      Ya know our feelings about Sam and Jack go way beyond just wanting to see the attraction and love there. It really is much deeper. What I mean is that their being able to be together after holding out for 7 long years and having been thru everything that they have been thru reminds us that good will always overcome evil, good people are rewarded in the end, and self sacrifice and patience are honorable virtues and are rewarded.
      This is why I am always so shocked sometimes by some of the stuff that happens
      But it also restores myfaith. I have watched Heros four times and I STILL get all misty it is just an overall moving piece of work.
      And you are so right Ship Nana it shows just what TPTB are really capable of.
      It also gives a taste of the depth of feeling that Sam and Jack have for each other. The guilt Sam feels for feeling relief that Jack is okay when her best friend is dead is so clearly written on her face and Jack knows that she is torn up about her best friend and relieved that he is okay and all he needs to do is just hold her. They *know* each other. THAT is what happens in 7 years.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I did not *break* number 1 - I kept him and sent you back a fake thing I whipped up
        Oh, really now...

*shakes head at depravity of friend*

That explains a LOT about why this clone kept drooling all over the place. I'll let you keep that one - has number 3 already mapped out - but if you ever figure out how to stop his head from falling off during (edited), please let me know.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet

I've always meant to tell you how much I love your location statistics! Fun and funny.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Oh, really now...

*shakes head at depravity of friend*

That explains a LOT about why this clone kept drooling all over the place. I'll let you keep that one - has number 3 already mapped out - but if you ever figure out how to stop his head from falling off during (edited), please let me know.

Sally
            Sally...Sally....Sally
            Nothing is wrong with *my* models head...just the one I sent back

And that was done on purpose...I felt it was apropos...Jack is *supposed to *lose* his head over Sam....
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              So basicallly what I'm saying is that the romantic tension between them is what creates part of the magic of the show. As much as we can get excited about ship in each episode, them actually getting together could quite possibly be the "death knell" of the show.
              Nope....that is not what keeps me watching...Actually I really just love the show...think that RDA is a Babe and I also think Sam & Jack are made for each other. I don't need "Knock her down and jump her bones in the middle of the gateroom sex".
              But I want them to be a *solid* couple by the time the show is coming to a close.
              TPTB have shown that they know how to write it well and I have faith they will.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                I have problems with this. Yes, Jack has a history of insubordination and disobeying orders, but only when he feels that following the orders or rules would compromise the mission, harm his team/base/people, put the planet at risk and so forth. He has never broken them for his own personal gain, and neither has Sam.
                In this instance, if they were to violate their oaths--and integrity--as officers in the AF for some nookie, it would not only damage the characters, but it would taint the relationship forever.

J.

Yes, I agree. It would go against their characters as we've seen them written all these years. But, if it were reasons of love, and not purely sexual gratification, then I might feel different about it happening. I came up with this scenario once ....

Picture this: the mess hall(cafeteria?), 4 in the morning. Jack enters and immediately sees Sam sitting alone at a table. There's minimal lighting; the only real sorce is coming from the vending machines that Sam's sitting by. Jack walks up to her and sits down quietly. The mission they'd been on was harrowing, and once again, they both almost died. There was a moment were both of them glanced to one another and 'knew' it was the end. No more chances, no happy endings. Well, they did survive, but the mission was still tramatic and so were the feelings that their near miss created. They sit together for a few moments, neither one saying anything. I won't do the dialog, but what I had happen is that they 'finally' talk about almost losing one another, and the feelings that came in the wake. Neither is in the mood, or even able to hold up the walls. Then Jack says something that shocks Sam... he makes her a proposition of sorts. He wants to be with her. She says they can't because of the regs. He points out - and here would be the bitter/sweet of it... he's afraid they're running out of time. That one of these days, one, or both of them won't be coming back through the gate. He says they should take what happiness they can find for what ever time they have left. And Sam says yes. They're both very tired and melancholy, but that all-encompassing fear of losing the other is what finally makes them take the next step. They know it's against regs, but they're afraid they're running out of time for happiness. For each other.

In this scenario, I could actually see Sam and Jack doing something like this, even if it meant going against the regs. But I also think there'd have to be a pretty big situation for either one to go against something they respect so much, and I'm talking about the military. I think the guilt they'd feel would be much more regarding betraying Hammond in some way than anything else.

So, what kind of situation(s) could you guys see Sam and Jack disregarding the regs for. This isn't easy to answer.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I agree. It would go against their characters as we've seen them written all these years. But, if it were reasons of love, and not purely sexual gratification, then I might feel different about it happening. I came up with this scenario once ....

Picture this: the mess hall(cafeteria?), 4 in the morning. Jack enters and immediately sees Sam sitting alone at a table. There's minimal lighting; the only real sorce is coming from the vending machines that Sam's sitting by. Jack walks up to her and sits down quietly. The mission they'd been on was harrowing, and once again, they both almost died. There was a moment were both of them glanced to one another and 'knew' it was the end. No more chances, no happy endings. Well, they did survive, but the mission was still tramatic and so were the feelings that their near miss created. They sit together for a few moments, neither one saying anything. I won't do the dialog, but what I had happen is that they 'finally' talk about almost losing one another, and the feelings that came in the wake. Neither is in the mood, or even able to hold up the walls. Then Jack says something that shocks Sam... he makes her a proposition of sorts. He wants to be with her. She says they can't because of the regs. He points out - and here would be the bitter/sweet of it... he's afraid they're running out of time. That one of these days, one, or both of them won't be coming back through the gate. He says they should take what happiness they can find for what ever time they have left. And Sam says yes. They're both very tired and melancholy, but that all-encompassing fear of losing the other is what finally makes them take the next step. They know it's against regs, but they're afraid they're running out of time for happiness. For each other.

In this scenario, I could actually see Sam and Jack doing something like this, even if it meant going against the regs. But I also think there'd have to be a pretty big situation for either one to go against something they respect so much, and I'm talking about the military. I think the guilt they'd feel would be much more regarding betraying Hammond in some way than anything else.

So, what kind of situation(s) could you guys see Sam and Jack disregarding the regs for. This isn't easy to answer.

Sally
                  This is pretty much what I was getting at with my post. I couldn't imagine them throwing the regs out the window for sexual reasons... but I could definitely see them doing it for love.

I've always meant to tell you how much I love your location statistics! Fun and funny.
                  Thank you...
                  Last edited by Capt. Rivet; 15 May 2004, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Another video request 31: "I wanna love you forever" (Jessica Simpson)...dedicated to Suz.

Sam is asking Jack Ten thousand lifetimes together.She'd give up all she has, just to be with him.

Click on the link in my sig o access my site

Enjoy

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

As much as I love the thought of Sam and Jack getting together, perhaps the reason we enjoy the show so much is because they haven't gotten together yet. It creates a much needed tension and makes for much more interesting watching. So many shows have been ruined because TPTB have given in to temptation to get the main characters together. And in reality, if Sam and Jack did get together, to keep the tension that creates the magic, they would have to end up hating each other.

SNIP

So basicallly what I'm saying is that the romantic tension between them is what creates part of the magic of the show. As much as we can get excited about ship in each episode, them actually getting together could quite possibly be the "death knell" of the show.
                      Well, that's kind of where I stand with the ship too...I like the 'tap dance' they are doing. Possibly because I like torturing myself lol. I'd still like to see them get closer though...but not actually be together till close to the end.

I'd like to see a little more than a fishing invitation though. I'd like to actually SEE them fishing and I'm hoping for (at least) one HELLUVA kiss We also need to know that they will be a solid, permanent couple (as if we don't already ).

I mean, we saw a fair bit of 'romance' with Sam and Pete...I certainly wouldn't want much more than that. That amount would be nice though (but we know it would be WAY better with S/J) but I doubt we'll get it.

Somehow, it seems more 'intimate' when the two people involved are both main characters. It seems more like we are sharing in a private moment. With Pete, cause we didn't really know him it seemed less intrusive? And well...more icky.

But that might just be because of the way he played out in the second half...

What you said about Pete maybe being good for Sam...I agree. In the long rung. But I still think there was no need to make him behave the way he did. It really put me off. I can buy into the whole romantic 'foil' thing, but it would have worked a lot better if they hadn't given us a reason to dislike him so much. Would have been much more angsty and more difficult to write too - particularly when it comes to writing him out. Which we all know they will do in the end.
                      Last edited by SaharaGate; 15 May 2004, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Spoilers, Season 8 (about non-main cast actor/character, not plotlines).

Mr Sheffield will be on Stargate!!!

Or rather, Charles Shaughnessy will be. How cool will that be??

Although I'll be expecting Fran to come through the Gate in some rediculous outfit with big hair at any moment lol.

This is what the Gateworld update says:

Charles Shaughnessy has been cast as Andrew (or Alec) Colson in the upcoming Stargate SG-1 episode "Covenant," the actor's official Web site is reporting. The show's producers intend to make Colson a recurring character on the show.
                        I haven't seen him in anything for ages...and it is a recurring role :-)

Just thought I'd mention it here cause I thought they were a great couple on the Nanny.

Hmm maybe Sam will like him....that distinguished older man type...

Comment

Sally

I think another way to go around the regs is to have Sam and Jack stranded on a planet for 6 months...a la Paradise lost ....

Instead of Maybourne ,it's Sam and also the planet is no deadly , they would not get poisoned and they could eat anything they like ....It's PARADISE REGAIN.... instead .

Then surely if they were to be found, the military would not expect them to still be ...well...single and without love and cuddles for all that time.!!!!!..They are only humans...after all

How about that!!!!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I've thought about what kind of situation Jack and Sam would have to be put in for something to actually happen between them, for something to change (for example, Jack retiring). And I always come back to this idea, its kind of a variation on something that happened in the original film. You know when Sha're got killed in the film and Daniel picked up her body and went back to revive her? Well I'd love for Sam to actually die in some kind of battle against goa'uld forces in a goa'uld fortress and Jack to go all pyscho and angsty and pick her up and see if he could find a sarcophagus (or if he knew where one was- to go straight to it) and bring her back to life, therefore making him realize just how much he needs her and loves her, and also making him realize that he needs to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! anyway, thats just my little idea, hav'nt thought about it too much.......honest <bg>

krazy

Comment

I've posted a couple of times on here..but you guys write so much I can't keep up. Again, I have a cat to throw among the pigeons....

As much as I love the thought of Sam and Jack getting together, perhaps the reason we enjoy the show so much is because they haven't gotten together yet. It creates a much needed tension and makes for much more interesting watching. So many shows have been ruined because TPTB have given in to temptation to get the main characters together. And in reality, if Sam and Jack did get together, to keep the tension that creates the magic, they would have to end up hating each other.
                              There is a lot to be said for anticipation as opposed to events happening.
                              I think my ideal ending when they do eventually axe the show (sadly we all know this is an inevitablity - even if it's 5 years down the track, we can only hope right?) the last episode, Jack asks Sam to go fishing with him and she accepts. I mean, we have to be real here guys, they're not gonna show them getting married and having babies. I mean, it's a Sci-Fi show... babies don't work in that environment, not to mention the fact that the show is about the Stargate, not specifically about Sam and Jack (as much as we'd like it to be... but then, it wouldn't be the show we love would it?)

Wait... Babies could work in SciFi especially if Thor needs them.

Token ~

Comment

<As much as I love the thought of Sam and Jack getting together, perhaps the reason we enjoy the show so much is because they haven't gotten together yet. It creates a much needed tension and makes for much more interesting watching. So many shows have been ruined because TPTB have given in to temptation to get the main characters together. And in reality, if Sam and Jack did get together, to keep the tension that creates the magic, they would have to end up hating each other.
                                There is a lot to be said for anticipation as opposed to events happening.
                                I think my ideal ending when they do eventually axe the show (sadly we all know this is an inevitablity - even if it's 5 years down the track, we can only hope right?) the last episode, Jack asks Sam to go fishing with him and she accepts. I mean, we have to be real here guys, they're not gonna show them getting married and having babies. I mean, it's a Sci-Fi show... babies don't work in that environment, not to mention the fact that the show is about the Stargate, not specifically about Sam and Jack (as much as we'd like it to be... but then, it wouldn't be the show we love would it?)

So basicallly what I'm saying is that the romantic tension between them is what creates part of the magic of the show. As much as we can get excited about ship in each episode, them actually getting together could quite possibly be the "death knell" of the show.[/QUOTE]>

That's pretty much how I feel about the Jack and Sam relationship as well. My only fear is that there will be no resolution at all. (What can I say, I can be a terrible pessimist when I have to leave the control of a situation to someone else.) I know that there really should be no reason to feel this way because it was TPTB that introduced us to this ship a long time ago. Sometimes they show it in a very subtle way, sometimes not. But it is there because they intend it to be there. What worries me is a talk of future seasons sans RDA. Personally, I think that would certainly spell doom for the ship. (I won't even get into what it would do to the show. You can't remove a cornerstone without permanent damage to the structure itself.)
                                I don't think that the writers would limit Sam's character to having a background relationship with Jack, if this comes about. It wouldn't be sensible. I hope that this talk about RDAless future seasons is just that...talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X