This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    Wouldn't you guys like fall over if a spoiler was finally good news!!!!!!!!!

I'd probably think that I was dreaming, either that or I had two many of Ship Nana's cookies...hiccup!!!
    Would we believe it after all this bad news!!!!!
    Lets just hope that is why we are hearing all this...TPTB want us to be pleasently surprised at all the WONDERFUL ship they have in store for Sam & Jack and don't want us to be *spoiled*
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Lets just hope that is why we are hearing all this...TPTB want us to be pleasently surprised at all the WONDERFUL ship they have in store for Sam & Jack and don't want us to be *spoiled*

What you are all thinking ..
      .....well this is exactly what I'm thinking too...WOOHOO..
      .....VIVE SAM & JACK for future happiness together.

Power to the Sam & jack shippers

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        In addition, if dies, then Sam might keep searching for that all allusive life that she thinks she is missing out on. And you know what that means.......another chomp! Ewwwwwww! I don't think that I could live thru this again. Yuk

Do I want to die ???
        No not really.
        The only way I think I would like that is if did die and Sam really didn't care.
        Then she could be upset that she wasn't upset, and come to the realization that anything she thought she felt for him was just an illusion.
        A "Chimera" if you will.
        Then she could turn her attention to the man she knows she loves.

waterfall
        Last edited by waterfall; 14 May 2004, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

That's it!! You put your finger right on it! They love us shippers more than any other group and want us to be happy especially since we have been so loyal for the last, almost 8 years.

They know how most all of us read spoilers and they want us to be really, really, really surprised. Yep, that's it!!!

Good going Tame! Leave it to you to figure this out!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
            Do I want to die ???
            No not really.
            The only way I think I would like that is if did die and Sam really didn't care.
            Then she could be upset that she wasn't upset, and come to the realization that anything she thought she felt for him was just an illusion.
            A "Chimera" if you will.
            Then she could turn her attention to the man she knows she loves.

waterfall

Yeah, but then Sam would feel guilty and that will present a whole other bag of problems. No, better she just dump him on her own for Jack and he just goes off into the sunset NEVER to be seen again!!!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Well, CD's are quite compact .. will bring my video CD's and we could all sing along LOL like NUTTERS.

Caty aka ShipDiva
              Love that word "Nutters"--wish American vocabulary was that colorful! Yes, we have our colorful phrases, just nothing polite society can use.

Yep, I think if I don't get some good ship this season I'm going to be a nutter!!!!!! Of course, I'm fairly certain I won't be the only one to go over the edge!!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                ... I just slipped off my chair. *tweaks brows*

Sally
                I thought, somehow, that you might like my sig, Sally!
                I love Jack O'Neill, and if Sam doesn't want him by the end of S8, why I'm
                quite sure there would be plenty of ladies here and in the Thunk thread
                (though I would hesitate to call myself and Tame "ladies") who would
                jump at the chance to jump at Jack!

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Exactly, and as smart as the two of them are, even if one does not act like it from all the time, you would think they could figure out away around the regs. A loop hole if you will!

You would think that Jack would take the regs on as a challenge. He has never backed down before!!

So come on Jack, get with the program, be Jack, buck the system, find a way!! We are all behind you!!
                  Shipnana, you know exactly what to say to make a girl feel better! You're right--Jack IS a maverick and if this were reality, he wouldn't be a Colonel--he'd be in LEAVENWORTH!!!! So I have absolutely NO idea why he would even care so much about regs! Maybe we should start a campaign!

BTW, did anyone see the announcement that the long-awaited Stargate SG-1 video game is being supported by the Air Force "to make it more realistic". My first thought--D*&$! No ship there either!

Wine? What wine? I didn't see any wine! For gosh sakes, pass that freaking wine!!!!
                  Will have to get some better wine--even the computer didn't care for it! But when I do, I'll pass it along! Everyone here IS over 21, right? Wouldn't want to break any laws! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    Wouldn't you guys like fall over if a spoiler was finally good news!!!!!!!!!

I'd probably think that I was dreaming, either that or I had too many of Ship Nana's cookies...hiccup!!!
                    I think "pass out" would describe it better! And when I came to---PARTY!!!!!

Comment

Spoilers Heroes Part 2
                      I just finished watching Heroes Part 2 in rerun and I have to tell ya'll, that that was one of the most moving, well written, well cast episode that I have ever seen. Everyone was superb in it and even though it was Jacklite it sure did not feel like it was.

It moved me on so many levels. Maybe it is just a sign of the times for me but...

My point I guess on topic here, is that anyone who can write, produce and direct that level of quality drama will certainly not let us shippers down.

Those people that I am talking about have very deep feelings. This makes me think that they would know and understand the depth and seriousness of how we feel about our couple and they won't let us down when all is said and done.

Ya know our feelings about Sam and Jack go way beyond just wanting to see the attraction and love there. It really is much deeper. What I mean is that their being able to be together after holding out for 7 long years and having been thru everything that they have been thru reminds us that good will always overcome evil, good people are rewarded in the end, and self sacrifice and patience are honorable virtues and are rewarded.

Those are all good things to hold onto. Boy I am really getting philosophical here but just one more thing and I will stop.

In my opinion, if the world was made up of shippers it would be a far, far better world to live in.

Ok, that is it! I'm done now. Thanks for hearing me out.

Cookie time!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Exactly, and as smart as the two of them are, even if one does not act like it from all the time, you would think they could figure out away around the regs. A loop hole if you will!

You would think that Jack would take the regs on as a challenge. He has never backed down before!!

So come on Jack, get with the program, be Jack, buck the system, find a way!! We are all behind you!!
                        The UCMJ itself states:

"While personal relationships between Air Force members are normally
                        matters of individual choice and judgment
                        , they become matters of official concern when they adversely
                        affect or have the reasonable potential to adversely affect the Air Force by eroding morale, good order,
                        discipline, respect for authority, unit cohesion or mission accomplishment."

It also states, and I quoted this once on the other forum:

"The rules regarding personal relationships must be somewhat elastic to accommodate differing conditions and operational necessities."

I don't know what you guys think, but those look suspiciously like loopholes to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
                          I couldn't agree with you more

One of the reasons I never bought into the whole regs thing is because Jack is a rebel. He's not afraid to stand up for what's right, and neither is Sam, even if it means breaking the rules. That particular trait is apparent in both of them and has been brought to the forefront in many episodes. They've both disobeyed direct orders time and time again when they knew there was a better way to accomplish the mission, even if it meant risking their lives and/or careers, so why are they so scared of breaking the fraternization regs?

I have problems with this. Yes, Jack has a history of insubordination and disobeying orders, but only when he feels that following the orders or rules would compromise the mission, harm his team/base/people, put the planet at risk and so forth. He has never broken them for his own personal gain, and neither has Sam.
                          In this instance, if they were to violate their oaths--and integrity--as officers in the AF for some nookie, it would not only damage the characters, but it would taint the relationship forever.

J.
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

the regs are written to be explicitly vague. they leave wiggle room for folks that are being good, but also give commanders leverage to knock down folks being bad.

and, it's my understanding, that court martials usually only come around after a commander says 'hey kids, break it up' and they don't. at that point they're disobeying orders and open for court martial.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've posted a couple of times on here..but you guys write so much I can't keep up. Again, I have a cat to throw among the pigeons....

As much as I love the thought of Sam and Jack getting together, perhaps the reason we enjoy the show so much is because they haven't gotten together yet. It creates a much needed tension and makes for much more interesting watching. So many shows have been ruined because TPTB have given in to temptation to get the main characters together. And in reality, if Sam and Jack did get together, to keep the tension that creates the magic, they would have to end up hating each other.
                              There is a lot to be said for anticipation as opposed to events happening.
                              I think my ideal ending when they do eventually axe the show (sadly we all know this is an inevitablity - even if it's 5 years down the track, we can only hope right?) the last episode, Jack asks Sam to go fishing with him and she accepts. I mean, we have to be real here guys, they're not gonna show them getting married and having babies. I mean, it's a Sci-Fi show... babies don't work in that environment, not to mention the fact that the show is about the Stargate, not specifically about Sam and Jack (as much as we'd like it to be... but then, it wouldn't be the show we love would it?)

So basicallly what I'm saying is that the romantic tension between them is what creates part of the magic of the show. As much as we can get excited about ship in each episode, them actually getting together could quite possibly be the "death knell" of the show.

Comment

While I'm at it I may as well mention that while I dispise PS with an unsurpassed passion, perhaps he's good for our Sam.
                                She needs to feel what it's like to be in a unsatisfying relationship. So that when she and Jack do eventually go fishing, she'll be that much happier.

Besides, it's a great emotional storyline for the show. And thats what counts isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X