Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya know, all this paranoid talk about why DDL managed to get back has got me all paranoid!
    i'm thinkin' its got nothing to do with PDL being his brother.
    when someone creates a character on a show, everytime that character is refered to or seen, the creator of the character gets a paycheck. wasn't pete Rob Coopers idea? wasn't pete originally written by his good friend, Damien Kindler? and as Excecutive producer, doesn't Rob cooper have the final say in whether or not a character comes back? why he just wants himself and his friend to get more money! damn those pesky producers ruining our ship, just for the sake of a few extra dollars!

unless they're bringing him back so sam can , confront him, dump him, realise she really does love jack as a result of him, and get with jack at the end of the season. in which case. i've always loved Rob Cooper and Damien Kindler.

(note: this is meant severely toungue in cheek and no insult meant to anyone about the "paranoid talk", joke)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      Ya know, Jack has always struck me as a "take action" kinda guy. He has never been one for convention and certainly has stretched the rules on more than one occassion.

I just can't believe that he will sit back forever and just let Sam slip thru his fingers! He of all people knows her value not only to the nation but to himself. It just seems to me that eventually he just will wake up one day and say to himself "I can't let her get away, because I will regret it the rest of my life and she just means to much to me". And then he will throw her over his shoulder and drag her off to go fishing.

Ok, maybe not throw her over his shoulder but you know what I mean. He is definitely a man of few words so he would take care of the situation with action. Maybe he might grab her and plant a big one on her and look at her afterwards as if to say "well let's see make you feel that way".

I can see it now, and then Sam just stares wide eyed back at him in silence and then grabs him for another deep kiss. She leads him to the bedroom and the rest as they say is history. Yes, fellow shippers, Sam is a woman of action also!!
      I couldn't agree with you more

One of the reasons I never bought into the whole regs thing is because Jack is a rebel. He's not afraid to stand up for what's right, and neither is Sam, even if it means breaking the rules. That particular trait is apparent in both of them and has been brought to the forefront in many episodes. They've both disobeyed direct orders time and time again when they knew there was a better way to accomplish the mission, even if it meant risking their lives and/or careers, so why are they so scared of breaking the fraternization regs?

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
        ok, (but you might have to fight a bunch from this thread for RDA...am I the only one who thinks MS is hot?) as long as MS is mine...mmmm...those muscles...the hair...the eyes! <drools>
        i like the muscles. and his jawline makes him look pretty fine too. but there's always been something about him that i just can't place, and one of my friends thinks that my brother looks like him (although i can't really see it i think my bro looks more like a young tom cruise or ben affleck, then again some say pierce brosnan, can't see that one either.)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet

One of the reasons I never bought into the whole regs thing is because Jack is a rebel. He's not afraid to stand up for what's right, and neither is Sam, even if it means breaking the rules. That particular trait is apparent in both of them and has been brought to the forefront in many episodes. They've both disobeyed direct orders time and time again when they knew there was a better way to accomplish the mission, even if it meant risking their lives and/or careers, so why are they so scared of breaking the fraternization regs?
          i've been having similar thoughts lately.
          in innaguration they mentioned jacks remarkable record of insubordination. that along with the many other court martialable offenses that his character has gotten away with (same goes for sam but to a lesser degree) suggests to me that breaking frat. regs. shouldn't be that big a deal in comparison.
          what i mean is, the show has the backing of the US Air Force, apparently. if the sam/jack relationship is the ONLY thing the show has that the USAF will flat out refuse to allow, then i'm not sure what that says about the airforce. they have no problem with o'neills repeated disrespect of superior officers and powerful political figures, and yet they wont let him have a girlfriend that he works with? huh. perhaps its the fact that sam is almost a model officer other than a few transgressions? if they were to allow her character to become involved in such a relationship, then she would no longer be the kind of role model they would want? i don't know.

personally the whole regs issue never really bothered me too much as long as they could be together in the end. i never wanted the show to be taken over by ship.but then again, its a bit too late for that now, considering they just did an episode Entirely devoted to a characters love life! but as long as we don't get another one like that, where the actual sci fi plot with repercussions for the main arc of the show is completely overshadowed by kissey faces, then i'll survive, barely.
          i never wanted sam and jack to overshadow the main plot of the show. in my book, too many good shows have been ruined like that. and it would also ruin my enjoyment of that relationship. too much of a good thing and all that.
          i love sam/jack ship. i love their shippy moments. i want them together in the end or near the end. but not at the cost of the qualtity of the show.

Comment

You did an incredible job on that one!

I had never heard that song before your video. It is soooooo great. I put it on and then just let it play over and over again. And talk about romantic and what a voice.

Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
            Ship Nana, "My Confession" is sung by Josh Groban and I agree he has such an incredible voice! I met him in LA once and he is such a great guy! (My picture with him is in my profile.) I recently saw him in concert in Feb. and he was awesome! I recommend both his CD's! And Caty has done a wonderful job with all of her videos! Along with Marimba. I will watch them over and over again to tie me over until July.

My favorite videos are:

1. For Always
            2. My Confession
            3. Anytime

But all of them are excellent!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

[QUOTE]
              to our little shipper family!

We are a very kind, compassionate, passionate, empathetic, family. We have a Shipper Mom, Ship Daddy, Ship Auntie, Ship Diva, did I forget anyone and me.
              Don't forget ship sistah!

I love your welcome sign, Nana. this is such a sweet thread.
              Last edited by sacme; 13 May 2004, 07:25 PM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                I agree with you--I don't really want to die.
                I want him to die. I'm sorry, but if they can kill Martouf, who was very
                kind, then they can kill Pete. He could catch a disease and have a very
                emotional exit -- doesn't necessarily have to be violent. (Yet, I would
                like to see Jack punch him in the nose, "accidentally.")

Marty wasn't even as annoying, IMO. They had no real reason to kill him.
                They have no real reason to let Pete live, except the guy who plays him is
                the director's brother. I'm simply voting for equal opportunity minor
                character deaths.

And if Daniel can die a horrible death (yes, I know he "ascended," but to his
                good friends except Jack, who knew what was up, he was good and dead),
                and other beloved characters can die, I don't see why we need to have Pete
                treated with kid gloves.

Besides, if Pete died, I could see an opportunity for Jack to *really* want
                to comfort Sam.

--Oz, who would rather stop tiptoeing through the tulips and get Jack's
                two lips to meet Sam's NOT in a dream, and NOT in the dark, but with
                determination and enthusiasm!!

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                  I want him to die.

to comfort Sam.
                  ok. put it this way. if pete dies, then we'll never really know for sure if she's with jack because she knew that he was the one. that he was better for her than pete, or if its because her boyfriend died, and jack was there to pick up the pieces. i also don't want sam to go through that kind of pain again, where she's lost someone she cares about, and who cared about her, but who she still had some confusion and unresolved feelings about.
                  just because the guy's a jackass doesn't mean he should die. he should know how much of a jackass he is before he dies. and sam should be the one to tell him this.
                  when martouf died i wasn't so much bothered by his death as i was by sams pain due to it. same with narim and joe faxon. wasn't exactly in any of there fan clubs, but sam had confused and unresolved feelings for them (mostly i think regarding their feelings for her), and that and the pain from their losses was what really bothered me. i like sam. i don't want her to be hurt
                  same thing goes for orlin, but too a lesser extent and i also didn't put him in the list because i like him a little bit more, plus he was hot

ok. if your not convinced, then carry on wishing him death. i'm out of motivational speeches. and i don't think that was very motivational anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet

I've always seen Sam as more "by the book" I think if it weren't for Jack's infulence the few times she has broken them wouldn't have happened.

And while I think Jack wouldn't care about breaking the rules, I think he hasn't crossed *this* line because Sam hasn't wanted to, or she has been too afraid.

In other words he respects her too much to push her beyond where she's comfortable.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      In other words he respects her too much to push her beyond where she's comfortable.
                      which makes him a very nice guy

Comment

character deaths.

treated with kid gloves.

to comfort Sam.

I still don''t think I want to die....puts to much importance on him for me.......but Oz if I change my mind THIS is the argument I am using!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          I've always seen Sam as more "by the book" I think if it weren't for Jack's infulence the few times she has broken them wouldn't have happened.

And while I think Jack wouldn't care about breaking the rules, I think he hasn't crossed *this* line because Sam hasn't wanted to, or she has been too afraid.

I'm hoping TPTB step back and realize that other shows have had regs to deal with and they've done it quite well. NYPD Blue did it with Victor (Jimmy Smits, another hottie) and Diane (Kim Delany), as well as Sipowitz (Dennis Franz) and Connie (Charlotte Ross), detectives all. In each instance, the CO knew about the relationship, but as the characters mostly didn't let it interfere with their getting the job done, it was ignored. FCOL, both couples even got MARRIED! As this thread has discussed before, discretion is the key. Finally, this show ALSO has the backing and appreciation of the New York PD -- it can be done, it SHOULD be done.
                          Not looking for SHIPGATE SG1; I'd be happy with team oriented, offworld adventures, but have J and S going home with one another at mission's end. Stoppin on the way home to get hot and heavy in the back of Jack's truck -- supposedly those combat situations really get those primal urges goin'.... (like you need a reason to get horizontal with Jack!)

Diana

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            Hi, all! I'm new here, directed by another member who said that this was a place I could speak my mind without being bashed for it. Thank you for having me.

- Mary :-)
                            Welcome!!! I'm glad to see you made it over!!! I hope you like it here! I'm so glad you decided to give GW a try!! I think you'll find that we're generally a pretty positive bunch around here though I think most of us are stressing over the spoilers that PTB have been releasing lately!

Help yourself to one of shipnana's cookies (they're calorie free and they taste awesome)!

Lisa
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I just have a feeling from the way that the spoilers are shaping up that, at least for the first half of the season, the only ship we're going to get is either some angst (grrr) or in perhaps an AU situation. But I have noticed a trend in the last couple of seasons where the first half of the season has had little to no ship and then the ship makes an appearance in the second half. It happened in season 6 and season 7. At least IMO. And I haven't read anything about Pete being around in the second half of the season. If I do read something along those lines I'll post my breakdown here. I mean they've pretty much established that Pete is merely a plot point so I just don't think that there is any reason to really have him around anymore. I don't need the love triangle. Personally I'm hoping that Affinity will be the end of him. And I don't mean him dying.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

character deaths.

treated with kid gloves.

to comfort Sam.

OZ, you crack me up! I don't really think I want to die but I didn't even think about Martouf! I didn't think they should have killed him either! Didn't care for that scene at the end of D & C where Sam runs to catch him after she has had the big confession with Jack! Not that I minded her doing that but RIGHT after admitting feelings with Jack--that just never made sense to me! Every time I watch that ep, the look on Jack's face as she does that is heartbreaking! A lot like the look on her face at the end of LC2!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X