This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    Ya know, Jack has always struck me as a "take action" kinda guy. He has never been one for convention and certainly has stretched the rules on more than one occassion.

I just can't believe that he will sit back forever and just let Sam slip thru his fingers! He of all people knows her value not only to the nation but to himself. It just seems to me that eventually he just will wake up one day and say to himself "I can't let her get away, because I will regret it the rest of my life and she just means to much to me". And then he will throw her over his shoulder and drag her off to go fishing.

Ok, maybe not throw her over his shoulder but you know what I mean. He is definitely a man of few words so he would take care of the situation with action. Maybe he might grab her and plant a big one on her and look at her afterwards as if to say "well let's see make you feel that way".

(One good, in this universe, not looping, not a dream of a dream, real kiss is all it's gonna take.)

I can see it now, and then Sam just stares wide eyed back at him in silence and then grabs him for another deep kiss. She leads him to the bedroom and the rest as they say is history. Yes, fellow shippers, Sam is a woman of action also!!

Sounds good anyway!!!
    Guess I have eaten too many of my own shipper cookies!
    Please pass those cookies! I NEED images like that of Sam and Jack in my head.

Whew! Is it hot in here? (fans self)

And I agree with you. Jack is a man of action. He is also a rule breaker. Sam is a rule follower. Part of me thinks Jack is just respecting her and allowing her to call the shots. Part of me just wants him to kidnap her and not let her go until they have a good long, uh, um, --talk. Yeah, a good talk.

Happy
    Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      I agree with you--it's not. Actually just posted to say how much I love your new sig--TOO FUNNY!! Could just see Carter locking them in the Peltac for being bad boys LOL! (But that's a whole other thread )
      Lol, glad you like my sig . I found that pic hiding amongst my collection and they just looked so sulky...like little kids. So cute. *Sigh*

I have all these other pics I want to use as a sig but I have to pace myself or people will think I'm schizophrenic lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Hi, all! I'm new here, directed by another member who said that this was a place I could speak my mind without being bashed for it. Thank you for having me.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, the problem I have with Pete, besides the fact that she had sex with him, is how her relationship with him affects them. I as much as everybody want to believe that Sam cares about Jack, even if she doesn't want or doesn't think she can be with him in taht way. But she knows he has feelings for her - that's canon. If she cares so much about him, how can she hurt him as badly as he must be hurting by having to watch her with another man? I've never before seen Sam as a selfish person, but, in this, she is. Especially if she talks to Jack *about* the jerk.

I have to think that TPTB are telling we shippers that they don't want or need our viewership when they pull this stuff. I could have dealt with her *dating* another man - but not *sleeping* with another man. Maybe it's an old-fashioned way of thinking, but that's how I feel. I know she's a fictional character, but the Pete storyline has made me respect that character a whole lot less than I did before.

- Mary :-)
        hi, welcome to the "family"
        initially i did have a problem when i heard she was going to sleep with him. and personally i wouldn't sleep with someone whom i had only been dating a few weeks, but then again i do seem to be a bit out of date on these matters. generally speaking, most people don't have a problem with it so i wont judge sam for that. i also think that sam is a bit desperate for love and possibly (like a lot of people) confuses having sex with being loved. i also feel that maybe she felt a little pressured into it by petes constant hints at furthering the relationship. i'm veering into "against pete" territory here, so i'll save it for that thread.

i think back in season 4 sam knew how jack felt to some degree. that was definitely canon, you're right, but i also think that that was 3-4 years ago now and a lot has happened in that time. i don't think either one is too sure of how the other feels at this time. look back to how jack behaved in meridian and revelations in season 5. look at season 7 where
        (fragile balance, grace and lost city)
        j
        u
        s
        t
        i
        n
        c
        a
        s
        e
        he has a picture of his ex wife (and their son) in first his bedroom, then his living room. and in grace, she expresses that she really isn't sure anymore how he feels, other than feeling secure in his friendship.
        i wasn't too keen on her talking about her relationship with icky pete at first, but in both cases, it was jack who initiated the conversation, and both of them seemed pretty uncomfortable with the topic too.

anyway. its always nice to hear the opinions of another shipper. i like to hear what others have to say, it helps me to articulate how i feel about it better, and i think i can speak for most or all of us when i say its nice to hear a new perspective on the topic.
        this goes for all new shippers and lurkers by the way

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          You girls are very lucky to have such wonderful men in your lives.*sigh* Maybe that leaves RDA just for me, then? Yes!!!!!????
          as long as it leaves MS for me! <g>

wow, I don't check for a day and ten or so more pages to try and catch up on! I'm so proud!

btw, watching daytime tv with mom today...and even soap opera characters have adult conversations!!!!!!!!!!!! But Sam and Jack can't?!?!?!?!? jeez!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial Horus guard armor> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Hi, all! I'm new here, directed by another member who said that this was a place I could speak my mind without being bashed for it. Thank you for having me.
            - Mary :-)
            to our little shipper family!

We are a very kind, compassionate, passionate, empathetic, family. We have a Shipper Mom, Ship Daddy, Ship Auntie, Ship Diva, did I forget anyone and me. I am your friendly Ship Nana who makes lots and lots of shipper cookies. Be sure and eat some. They are especially good when you are down about our Sam and Jack. (They have a secret ingredient which is sure to make you shipper happy. Ask any shipper here.)

Anyway, we will NEVER bash you in this thread. Your shipper thoughts are always welcome whether we agree or not. Sometimes, other people look at things in a new way that we had never examined or thought of. Soooo post away hon and welcome again.

Oh and you need to check out Caty and Marimba's websites for their fantastic shipper video's.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              (fragile balance, grace and lost city)
              j
              u
              s
              t
              i
              n
              c
              a
              s
              e
              he has a picture of his ex wife (and their son) in first his bedroom, then his living room.

I think they used those pictures because they were the only things that they had to mark the space as being definitely Jack's.

The average viewer isn't going to just 'know' that that house is Jack's so they use picutres that have him in them.

The Pictures they used are the only ones they had that would make sense, to me. I couldn't see it being allowed to have a picture of a covert team (SG-1) on display. Plus all the pictures had Charlie in them IIRC, another reason for 'Jack' to have them up.

i wasn't too keen on her talking about her relationship with icky pete at first, but in both cases, it was jack who initiated the conversation, and both of them seemed pretty uncomfortable with the topic too.
              I'm very much glad that she is talking to Jack it means that she trusts him and his opinion a lot. It also means that she considers him a very close friend. And I think that these little 'talks' will lead her to realize just how much she relies on Jack, and just how deep their mutual respect and trust runs.
              Last edited by bcmilco; 13 May 2004, 06:38 PM. Reason: *Really* got to remember to proof-read *before* posting :S
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                as long as it leaves MS for me! <g>

wow, I don't check for a day and ten or so more pages to try and catch up on! I'm so proud!
                doesn't it just bring a tear to your eye?
                and if i can't have RDA or a look-a-like, then can i have CJ? and RDA on weekends? pretty please.

Comment

I think DDL must've bought a car too...2 or 3 epsiodes?!? At least for one we won't really see him...I also hope that this torture thing brings Sam and Jack closer (and not farther since he might blame himself for Fifth). He's been tortured, Ptui hasn't a clue...whi do you think she's going to be able to turn to? I hope...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                    I was just wondering where you were!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial Horus guard armor> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                    Oh by the way is this how you do that dance????

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

You know prior to the "Episode I will not name" I would have agreed with you. BUT from the THAT moment on and from what it sounds like down the road for our Happy little couple Sam & Jack....TPTB raised the stakes oh.... just a bit.....
                      So while at one time I would have been happy with *paddling off into the sunset* Now I want at the VERY LEAST ...A conversation that INCLUDES a declaration of feelings, and a BIG WET KISS.

yup, exactly...THAT episode changed everything...I had to watch all that
                      Bu&%*& with and now I want more than I used to with S/J

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        You poor soul! ((((((((((((((((((((((((ses110))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'd suggest thunking but I think you're a guy so that wouldn't be too cool if you are but I can totally appreciate your pain--and to not have thunking to fall back on--I just couldn't imagine. Hugs to you though--go read some really good fanfic, Rural's got a new one called "The Test". I'd recommend any of her stuff.

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/
                        thanks for the fanfic link marimba!!!! I need something...no new episodes for me till august....anyone else have any fanfic suggestions?
                        I love Sally Murphy and Sally Reeves fics (I've read em all though...need more!)

and Sahara, I love the new sig!
                        Last edited by LtLisa; 13 May 2004, 06:39 PM. Reason: left stuff out

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          I think they used those pictures because they were the only things that they had to mark the space as being definately Jack's.

The average viewer isn't going to just 'know' that that house is Jack's so they use picutres that have him in them. Those are the only ones they had made that would make sense. I couldn't see it being alowed to have a picture of a covert team on display. Plus all the pictures had Charlie in them IIRC.
                          i agree with you on that. and as far as we are concerned, we can understand that he has those pictures up for the reasons you just mentioned. they could also be there because he still cares about his ex-wife, and the life he had with her, even if he isn't in love with her still. but from sams POV its not so clear. she can't really rationalise it the was we can. she's not looking in from the outside like we are.

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          I'm very much glad that she is talking to Jack it means that she trusts him and his opinion a lot. It also means that she considers him a very close friend. And I think that these little 'talks' will lead her to realize just how much she relies on Jack, and just how deep their mutual respect and trust runs.
                          i'm fine with her talking to jack now. but when i read the spoilers about it i was a bit worried. i like the way those conversations played out. even though they are uncomfortalble they still show how sam and jack can still be very good friends. i believe the best relationships can begin with friendship. i would also like to think that it proves that even though they don't know where they stand in terms of each others romantic feelings, they can still be friends. that shows that if they were to have a non platonic relationship, and it (god forbid!) just fizzeled out, they could still be good friends. their relationship doesn't revolve around their romantic feelings. this is a big part of why i think they would make a great couple.
                          i get the feeling i'm not making much sense here and i'm just talking around in circles. if i am then, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            I was just wondering where you were!

Oh by the way is this how you do that dance????

hmmm...if I didn't have two left feet, yes that'd be my dance when I'm in my ceremonial BDUs or dress blues. In those serpent guard and horus guard armor suits...well, I guess I clunk more than dance <g>

unfortunately, I won't be around as much this summer in a couple of weeks I'm at an internship...but I'll be back!!!! and I'll be checking in when I can!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonail BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              doesn't it just bring a tear to your eye?
                              and if i can't have RDA or a look-a-like, then can i have CJ? and RDA on weekends? pretty please.
                              ok, (but you might have to fight a bunch from this thread for RDA...am I the only one who thinks MS is hot?) as long as MS is mine...mmmm...those muscles...the hair...the eyes! <drools>

~Imzadi

Comment

I could not agree with you more! As Kevin Costner said in "Bull Durham" a long, slow, wet kiss that lasts three days! I've had it up to here with subtle shippiness--I want blatant ship. Come on, two intelligent (one who's super intelligent) adults cannot figure this out? For cryin' out loud!
                                I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X