• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    Of course I love them all but
    My top 3 are:

3. Die another Day
    2. My Immortal
    1. My Confession

Die another day was a real challenge cuz it's so fast but I really really enjoyed it

And "My confession" was a song selected a long time ago..and was waiting for the supposed big confession in lost city 2 ...but cuz we never had it and didn't want to wait until end of season 8 for it ....I went ahead with the material given.

When I listened to that song the first time .. I thought it was the most beautiful song in the whole wild word

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Just saw that others were posting their faves so I thought I'd add mine:

These are in no particular order--just my five favorites

Frozen
      Where Do Broken Hearts Go
      Anytime
      I'll Always be right there
      Private emotion

It was really hard to pick!

Marimba

"Frozen" is an absolutely smashing song to make a video with and different too.....I love oriental music ...We have lots of them in France . They are very popular specially Moroccan music. ...also I love latin music .

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Just watched you new vid--really LIKE that song, going to go look up that group! I just love your music choices! I liked the ending to this vid--Sam just has such a nice face, especially when she's looking angsty over Jack!

As much as I'll miss your vids, you've earned a break! I was looking at your site today--WOW!!!! Thirty shippy vids!!!! Very impressive, considering PTB have given us SOOOOO little to work with!

As for me, I'm going to make a few more until I get enough Crossing Jordan footage to make some of those (I ship for Jordan and Woody). I'm slowing down a little bit though--have to pull more clips and that takes a while! Enjoy your holiday!!

Sugarbabes are very popular in the UK....My little girls are fans.

Yes the finale clip of the video "Too lost in you "is great... looks like she is looking at the person watching the video..

I don't know Woody and Jordan!!!what kind of show is it?
        and yes when I start a new show too I have to store all my other clips on CD's too ...therefore I stick to one show at a time like I did with Space 1999.

I'm not gone on holiday yet....soon ..next month

Thank you Marimba .

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Anyway I wanted to tell you that I introduced a US friend of mine to stargate sg1 2 months ago ..

She is now on season 2....and she is a big SAM AND JACK shipper too. Wait until she gets to season 3 and 4.. WOOHOO

I think she saw some of season 7 when on TV in the US...but I asked her to watch from the pilote .

Anyway ..I asked her also to tell me what she thought about the awardness between Sam and Jack...when In private. She replied .."They are both aware of their attraction for each other" AND my friend is only a Newbie.

Chemistry is there big time .We can't deny it. We don't need a degree in Psychology to see it..or may be we do ...cuz some people can't see it..Huhhhh!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK TOGETHER FOREVER

Caty aka ShipDiva
          Last edited by Catysg1; 13 May 2004, 02:28 PM.

Comment

The problem I have with Pete is he not only makes Sam look bad but he makes Jack look bad.Jack just has to grin and bear it and hope Sam dumps Pete.Jack is not able to fight for Sam he must be the supportive CO and friend.If Season 8 is the last or if Season 8 is RDA's last it is just horrible that Pete has to be in multiple episodes.It seems to me since RDA reduced schedule TPTB do not have much use for the Jack character.In regards to season 8 with all the spoilers for Earth based and SG-1 personal life episodes that is just not Stargate.The show must always be about SG-1 and the teams adventures through the gate.I find it hard to believe the Sam character was not suppose to have a personal life but now she has a boyfriend and friends coming out of the wood work in Season 8.The Sam character was fine without all these changes IMO.I also find it hard to believe that Joe M is taking about season 12 and 13.If we are going to get more Earth Based and SG-1 personal life episodes The show should go no longer than 8.Joe M was the one who said No RDA No New Seasons.My how things change.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Sugarbabes are very popular in the UK....My little girls are fans.

Yes the finale clip of the video "Too lost in you "is great... looks like she is looking at the person watching the video..

I don't know Woody and Jordan!!!what kind of show is it?
              and yes when I start a new show too I have to store all my other clips on CD's too ...therefore I stick to one show at a time like I did with Space 1999.

I'm not gone on holiday yet....soon ..next month

Thank you Marimba .

Caty aka Shipdiva
              I know this is OT mods, I apologize in advance! "Crossing Jordan" is kind of a crime drama. I wouldn't put it into that category specifically because it's more character-centric than Law and Order. Woody is played by Jerry O'Connell (Kangaroo Jack--hot stuff too) and Jordan by Jill Hennessy (Law and Order). She's really hung up (more then Sam I think) and he's been pursuing her for a while now. Love that ship! Best moment so far:

Jordan: "You're Catholic?"
              Woody: "Well, if you were ever around for breakfast on Sunday morning, you'd know that!"
              Jordan just looked shocked!

I may have paraphrased that a bit but you get the idea!

Back on topic--if only Jack would pursue Sam more! I'd love to hear him say something like that to her! See mods, I DO remember what the topic is! LOL
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

[QUOTE=ses110]The problem I have with Pete is he not only makes Sam look bad but he makes Jack look bad.Jack just has to grin and bear it and hope Sam dumps Pete.Jack is not able to fight for Sam he must be the supportive CO and friend.If Season 8 is the last or if Season 8 is RDA's last it is just horrible that Pete has to be in multiple episodes.It seems to me since RDA reduced schedule TPTB do not have much use for the Jack character.In regards to season 8 with all the spoilers for Earth based and SG-1 personal life episodes that is just not Stargate.The show must always be about SG-1 and the teams adventures through the gate.I find it hard to believe the Sam character was not suppose to have a personal life but now she has a boyfriend and friends coming out of the wood work in Season 8.The Sam character was fine without all these changes IMO.I also find it hard to believe that Joe M is taking about season 12 and 13.If we are going to get more Earth Based and SG-1 personal life episodes The show should go no longer than 8.Joe M was the one who said No RDA No New Seasons.My how things change.[QUOTE]

i think when he said that he was
                a) joking
                and
                b) implying that they would have enough story ideas to go that far.
                as far as i can recall, they were talking in terms of exhausting their storylines.

as for pete making jack look bad, i don't see it that way. i'm not sure i see pete as having any reflection on jack. i do find it interesting that sam is... hang on while i choke this out... ahem....... "dating"..... phew... a guy that has a few similarities to jack, sense of humour, a liking for big cars, just subtle things like that. but i don't think any of this makes jack look bad. if anything i think it makes him look good, in terms of how he is dealing with the situation. he's happy that she's happy. even if neither of them are actually happy, he thinks she's happy, and he's ok with it. even if he doesn't like it that she's not with him, as far as he's concerned she can't be with him, so she should be with someone. i'm sure he'd prefer it if she were happy about playing chess with cassandra on saturdays, but whatever makes her happy. ...

ok, now i'm rambling.

Comment

Thank you GoneShippin' ..you made a great selection

Caty aka ShipDiva
                  "Frozen" is a heartbreaker. so touching.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

You make good points but I rather see both Sam and Jack move on instead of just Sam.It gives the impression that Jack loves Sam more than Sam loves Jack.It also gives the impression Jack cannot have a personal life without Sam.I did a lousy job in explaining myself.I was also wrong about Joe's comments.I think the Pete returning Spoilers have really got me down.I was hoping after Lost City Sam and Jack were getting closer to finally being together.Things are very confusing right now.

Comment

Die another day was a real challenge cuz it's so fast but I really really enjoyed it
                      You did an incredible job on that one!

And "My confession" was a song selected a long time ago..and was waiting for the supposed big confession in lost city 2 ...but cuz we never had it and didn't want to wait until end of season 8 for it ....I went ahead with the material given.

When I listened to that song the first time .. I thought it was the most beautiful song in the whole wild word

I had never heard that song before your video. It is soooooo great. I put it on and then just let it play over and over again. And talk about romantic and what a voice.

Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        You make good points but I rather see both Sam and Jack move on instead of just Sam.It gives the impression that Jack loves Sam more than Sam loves Jack.It also gives the impression Jack cannot have a personal life without Sam.I did a lousy job in explaining myself.I was also wrong about Joe's comments.I think the Pete returning Spoilers have really got me down.I was hoping after Lost City Sam and Jack were getting closer to finally being together.Things are very confusing right now.
                        i'd also love to see both sam and jack move on together. but jack had laira back in season 3, and i was like..."aaawww, what about poor sam "
                        of course that was just for one episode. i do feel bad for jack now, but i think he's dealing with it in a very good way. if you love someone, set them free kind of mentality.

i agree things are quite confusing right now. i'm ok with sam having a TEMPORARY boyfriend. i don't want both of them to have someone at the same time, because that would give me the feeling that they were both totally over it. i would hate that. i think the UST is a fundemental part of the show. keeps us optimistic for a RST ending. i love the little subtle shippy moments and i love the occational bigger moments. i think if they did finally get together, that the show could survive, because there would still be the UST while they are in work, because they couldn't show affection while working. just because i think they could do it, doesn't mean i think they should. but now i'm going off on a tangent.
                        back to the temp bf thing. i'm ok with that. just not THAT temp bf. couldn't she go on a few dates with major davis or something, and realise that it doesn't matter if its a nice guy, she's still in love with jack?

i don't think sam is really moving on. i think she's just trying to. and failing hopefully? (especially with pete, eewww)

i'm not sure if any of that made sense. i'm tired.

Comment

Ya know, Jack has always struck me as a "take action" kinda guy. He has never been one for convention and certainly has stretched the rules on more than one occassion.

I just can't believe that he will sit back forever and just let Sam slip thru his fingers! He of all people knows her value not only to the nation but to himself. It just seems to me that eventually he just will wake up one day and say to himself "I can't let her get away, because I will regret it the rest of my life and she just means to much to me". And then he will throw her over his shoulder and drag her off to go fishing.

Ok, maybe not throw her over his shoulder but you know what I mean. He is definitely a man of few words so he would take care of the situation with action. Maybe he might grab her and plant a big one on her and look at her afterwards as if to say "well let's see make you feel that way".

(One good, in this universe, not looping, not a dream of a dream, real kiss is all it's gonna take.)

I can see it now, and then Sam just stares wide eyed back at him in silence and then grabs him for another deep kiss. She leads him to the bedroom and the rest as they say is history. Yes, fellow shippers, Sam is a woman of action also!!

Sounds good anyway!!!
                          Guess I have eaten too many of my own shipper cookies!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship nana
                            Ok, maybe not throw her over his shoulder but you know what I mean. He is definitely a man of few words so he would take care of the situation with action. Maybe he might grab her and plant a big one on her and look at her afterwards as if to say "well let's see make you feel that way".

(One good, in this universe, not looping, not a dream of a dream, real kiss is all it's gonna take.)

I can see it now, and then Sam just stares wide eyed back at him in silence and then grabs him for another deep kiss. She leads him to the bedroom and the rest as they say is history. Yes, fellow shippers, Sam is a woman of action also!!

Sounds good anyway!!!
                            Guess I have eaten too many of my own shipper cookies!
                            I am LOVING this!!!!! PASS THE COOKIES!!!!!
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

ship nana. i like that.
                              i'd like to think, eventually, when the regs are no longer an issue maybe. or if he retires, or she leaves the air force (maybe for medical reasons or whatever) he's just gonna take a big leap and go, " hey, ya know what? i'm in love with you. ball's in your court now". i'd also like to think that that whole if you love someone set them free thing works out for him. i just don't see sam as being secure enough with herself to make that kind of admission and leave herself open to rejection, but if jack did it, i think she'd jump him in half a heartbeat.

damn those shipper cookies reek of optimism! they taste pretty good too.

Comment

Hi, all! I'm new here, directed by another member who said that this was a place I could speak my mind without being bashed for it. Thank you for having me.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, the problem I have with Pete, besides the fact that she had sex with him, is how her relationship with him affects them. I as much as everybody want to believe that Sam cares about Jack, even if she doesn't want or doesn't think she can be with him in taht way. But she knows he has feelings for her - that's canon. If she cares so much about him, how can she hurt him as badly as he must be hurting by having to watch her with another man? I've never before seen Sam as a selfish person, but, in this, she is. Especially if she talks to Jack *about* the jerk.

I have to think that TPTB are telling we shippers that they don't want or need our viewership when they pull this stuff. I could have dealt with her *dating* another man - but not *sleeping* with another man. Maybe it's an old-fashioned way of thinking, but that's how I feel. I know she's a fictional character, but the Pete storyline has made me respect that character a whole lot less than I did before.

- Mary :-)
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X