X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Spoilers for New Order

Thing is, the spoilers for New Order, and the stuff relating to Sam torture was the ONLY ep I was excited about seeing. Sam's my fave, so... but seeing as PS is going to be in it... it seems like Sam's not the only one being tortured in this ep.

Sally
    I'm with you here...I had it all set in my shippy little head. There was going to be great angst for Jack and Sam. Sam going off to save Jack and getting captured by the Replicators...Sam being tortured due to an order Jack gave...Jack waking up and going off to rescue Sam... No where was PS in the equation. Sigh...
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Okay that's just wrong!! I made the mistake of looking at some S8 spoilers and Pete is back for multiple eps? Did I say that was wrong? What are they doing to us? I cannot stand another season of unresolved angst--my nerves cannot take it.

(I know I'm chiming in late and you've been discussing S8 for ages--but I just got back after going through tenure hell.)
      Last edited by mjj1993; 13 May 2004, 07:20 AM.
      I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
        * snippage

Multiple appearances and/or references to Pete may be designed especially to acclimate the general audience to the idea of Sam and Pete as a couple.
        J.
        This was the fear I had last night. Right now armPit seems to be generally disliked because of what he did, but the more they bring him back, and the more attempts they make at damage control, the more acceptable he could become to the rest of the fans. I think it's possible that he could gradually worm his way into a greater role, and with less Jack. . . .

Hopefully it won't play out this way, but I'm afraid that after the last 2- 3 years, I don't have much confidence in TPTB. As a shipper, I'm feeling a little disrespected right now. Think I'll try some of those yummy-looking ship cookies.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

First off...

((((((((((((((((Emilee)))))))))))))))))

I figured you needed that hug from earlier.

Now, if RDA left and they 'didn't' kill off the S/J ship.... then the show goes on without Jack , but Sam and Jack would be together in happiness and love and hot monkey sex on the livingroom floor and.... where was I??? The only way I'd be interested in a season 9 without RDA/Jack is if they brought Sam and Jack together at the end of season 8. Period. No debates. No deposit, no return. No more clichés.

Sally
          Thanks Sally! I appreciate the hug! It made me feel better. I guess your right. I hadn't thought of that before. You're right, I will be so happy if they got together at the end of season 8, that maybe a season 9 without RDA won't be that bad. As long as I have closure with S/J , I think I'll be okay....hopefully.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

video 30 "Too lost in you" (Sugarbabes)A English group... dedicated to Sheena...can't remember where she usually posts ...I'll try all the forums

Sam is too lost in Jack...He's all she sees and needs.

I probably will be doing a French Sam and Jack video tomorrow ...I'm sure everybody knows this song ..I 'll post the translation and lyrics too and after that..... I hope you won't mind Guys !!!!!..but I may be taking a break from Sam and Jack videos for a while

I may be doing some for Jack and some for Sam and move on to "Alias "soon.

I'm sure Marimba will make plenty more of Sam and Jack

You have plenty of Sam and Jack in my website for all your shippy hearts until July.

I know somebody else asked me for a request ..I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime..Enjoy

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

[QUOTE=sacme*

living with = torture

Fifth may be on our side.[/QUOTE]

Yes living with would be the cruelest torture anybody could endure

Comment

Sorry if people have been venting about this before but i've only just seen the news and need to vent my anger...

Why the hell is back for multiple episodes!?!?!?!
                Its not fair!!! I don't want his and Sams relationship to be an ongoing thing through season 8!!! Season 8 is probably the last Seaon! it needs to be full to the brim with Sam/Jack ship!!! has got to die!!!

I wanna cry...

That just put me off wanting to see season 8 now How can one man make me feel like this? It's crazy...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                  Sorry if people have been venting about this before but i've only just seen the news and need to vent my anger...

Why the hell is back for multiple episodes!?!?!?!
                  Its not fair!!! I don't want his and Sams relationship to be an ongoing thing through season 8!!! Season 8 is probably the last Seaon! it needs to be full to the brim with Sam/Jack ship!!! has got to die!!!

I wanna cry...

That just put me off wanting to see season 8 now How can one man make me feel like this? It's crazy...
                  Read some of the other posts. A lot of them made me feel better about the whole situation. In the meantime, have some of Ship Nana's cookies...I think she made chocolate chip especially for this spoiler.
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

snip Now, can you imagine anything more torturous than living with PS on a farm in Montana? Not that farm living and Montana are bad, it's just *so* different and DULL to what Sam's used to. So, you have to wonder, did Fifth pull that scenario out of Sam's own head because of her true feelings for PS? PS might be the nice, I'm settling kind of guy -ignoring the following, check ups, and almost getting her killed parts of course. But if this is from Fifth's imagination, then you still have to wonder why he'd picked farming and Montana?... another kind of torture? Either way, this scenario of retiring for PS and ending up with this life isn't all that inviting to me.

Sally

ps - This is my following disclaimer: farming, farmers, and Montana are NOT dull or boring. No offense meant.
                    I agree with you. Not only does Sam like her action, she's also a very important scientific mind. Even is she did retire from the dangerous lifestyle, the threat to Earth isn't completely over and I can't see Sam not wanting to be involved at all. She's too young to give it all up to others to do, so she can feed the chickens in Montana. See Sally's disclaimer. Ship Daddy was right, Sam won't buy this and 5th won't get what he wants-- except to torture her with a miserable life.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Message to Caty, YAY you did to lost in you by the sugarbabes, did you see my message in the last thread about that song, its on one of the last pages of it. cause i was listening to it while reading the sam and jack thread and thought it was approptiate.

Thanks for doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im downloading it now, im sure its just as fabby as the rest!
                      Gillian x x x x

Yeah Sure You Betcha

Comment

"Pete" and "torture" in the same sentence.....works for me!!!!
                        Nothing like a little negative reinforcment!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          I wonder what the other guest stars think that have only been in one episode and DD will be in multiple episodes .It is great to have a relative in the business.Everyday the news gets worse and worse for Sam and Jack shippers.The next news will be the show returning for season 9 without RDA.The news after that from TPTB will be Jack and Sam will finally be together in season 9,but so sorry Jack will not be in season 9.The Sam and Jack ship will work great without Jack.I guess Pete will be a full time member of the Show in Season 9.Good Luck.
                          EGADS! I was thinking somewhat along the same lines. Only I was thinking that Pete was being kept around to replace the Jack in the Sam/? storyline if RDA does not return and they decide to do a season 9. Pathetic projections, I know. I had a bad day at work fighting my e-mail program and I just am not seeing anything in a positive way right now.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                            Season 8 spoilers below:
                            P
                            O
                            I
                            L
                            E
                            R
                            S
                            P
                            A
                            C
                            E

I'm just gonna step back and look at the bigger picture for a minute. I didn't panic so much as roll my eyes for a reason. I was expecting Pete to recur well into this season long before these spoilers came out. Why? They didn't decide to do the Carter gets a boyfriend story until after they found out they had season 8. Again, why? Amanda wanted it long before then as did other factions. Still they kept saying there wasn't room for it if 7 was the last season. Then they got the 8th season and off we went. As I see it, they did it as a complication to drag out the Sam/Jack thing for another season after having written a good bit of ship thinking they were cruising for the end. Pete's a plot device. Not a particularly good one, but such characters rarely are. I never met a third party love interest type device I liked. Characters designed for a purpose versus ones designed to be interesting in their own right are rarely much fun to watch.

I really don't think Pete is coming back just because David has PTB as family. I seem to recall them discussing the character being likely recurring before they cast it. That it was Peter guaranteed the recur and that they they'd use him whenever they could even once the original relationship arc was played out. Having a cop who's in on the secret is a fairly obvious set-up to give him future plot opportunities in my book, but I really think they had the relationship arc in mind before they cast David. Casting him just tied them to sticking with the plan even if the character wasn't received as intended.

It's also pretty clear they know Pete didn't come across the way they'd intended. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll assume that's because the episode was written with a bit of haste once they realized they had a season 8. Rushing rarely improves the quality of anything, nor does merging plots that weren't intended to combine. After all the interviews, I get the impression he's supposed to be the nice guy who represents a normal life. Somebody who'd give them an opportunity to explore some Sam's relationship issues and prolong the misery, but ultimately not be what she wants. Since the character didn't play as originally intended, they don't even seem to be playing it warm and fuzzy early. They're still using him as the detour they intended, but very carefully. If he keeps recurring in a purely professional capacity as cop with knowledge of the program, I'm willing to be open-minded about it. It could be harmless.

I'm really not worried here. They clearly haven't forgotten the Sam/Jack ship. They don't seem to be playing the Sam/Pete thing as some great romance. It looks a lot more like Sam's mid-life crisis than anything else. It'll come back around our way in the end.
                            Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...

Thanks auralan, for being a voice of reason to my addled little brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              I hope you won't mind Guys !!!!!..but I may be taking a break from Sam and Jack videos for a while
                              Caty aka ShipDiva
                              You deserve a break Caty, you've been like a machine, cranking out those wonderful, shippy videos. Have a great vacation to France!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                                EGADS! I was thinking somewhat along the same lines. Only I was thinking that Pete was being kept around to replace the Jack in the Sam/? storyline if RDA does not return and they decide to do a season 9. Pathetic projections, I know. I had a bad day at work fighting my e-mail program and I just am not seeing anything in a positive way right now.

Elfinwood, Close your eyes, go to your happy place and take 3 cleansing breaths. Breathe in, breath out, breath in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.
                                Here is a shipper cookie for you. Now repeat after Ship Nana the shippers mantra. Oh honey swallow your cookie first. Good, now repeat the Shippers mantra:
                                Screw the Regs!! Down with !! Sam & Jack FOREVER!!!

Now don't you feel better??!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X