This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SalR323
    LOLOL! I really wish I was a PTB!! Sadly not, but I'm hoping that Pete will serve the same function as Joe in Moving On or Matt in Future Imperfect - I do like that kind of angst. But only when I know it's going to have the right ending!

I can just tell I'll be biting my nails until the final episode of S8, and then when (hopefully) Sam and Jack are safely together I'll be able to go back and really enjoy the Pete-induced angst!

Thanks for the nice comments about my stories You guys are very kind!

Sally R.
    Why are you hanging around here? You should be WRITING another wonderful S/J romance adventure. Back to the computer keyboard---work, work, work.

PLEASE tell me you are working on another S/J fanfic! Or tell me that you are published elsewhere (and if not WHY not? I'm a writer who listens to other pros every week. You have much in the way of talent!), so I can go enjoy other fun, romantic stories written by you. I find very few authors that I enjoy as much as you, sweetie. Hanging around this forum is addictive and NOT condusive (sp?) to writing. I should know as I'm here and should be finishing a magazine piece. LOL

Now, get back to work.

Happy
    Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

That's what I though too Tame.I rather see SG-1 go out on top with the original SG-1 instead of losing critical Characters along the way.I feel just because the ratings might still be strong why try to continue without RDA.It is just not the same.It is like the Beattles trying to continue without Paul or John.
      Last edited by ses110; 12 May 2004, 04:15 PM.

Comment

i do think that the cast are strong enough to carry on without RDA. i just don't want to have to do without RDA. who would? for starters he's a great actor and he's a very funny guy. and. ya know. phwah!
        i could maybe live with one RDA lite season where he occationally drops by to help save the world and pick up his girlfriend sam

as for thunking. i think the guys can thunk for AT. if i were a guy i would. as it is i just wish i looked like her, as i thunk away for RDA (and chris judge but that doesn't rhyme as well)
        Last edited by stargate barbie; 12 May 2004, 04:10 PM. Reason: added an n't

Comment

Originally posted by SalR323
          LOLOL! I really wish I was a PTB!! Sadly not, but I'm hoping that Pete will serve the same function as Joe in Moving On or Matt in Future Imperfect - I do like that kind of angst. But only when I know it's going to have the right ending!

I can just tell I'll be biting my nails until the final episode of S8, and then when (hopefully) Sam and Jack are safely together I'll be able to go back and really enjoy the Pete-induced angst!

Thanks for the nice comments about my stories You guys are very kind!

Sally R.
          Plus, the only problem with a Joe or Matt type storyline is so much of the tension and angst is non-verbal. That is why reading angst is so fun...but will it come across on our small screen? Do they have enough of RDA time and, dare I say it, enthusiasm to pull it off? THAT is why we have Pete. We don't have RDA. If this keeps up I'll have to change my name to SAD.

Or Mad. I will explode if the PTB mess Sam and Jack up. It won't be a pretty sight!

On another note, my son was watching an episode of MacGyver at lunch. Too funny because it had an Egyptian theme...a cruise ship named Osiris, the chief purser named Anubis. There was sort of a whole ascended thing going as Mac 'died.' There was even mention of an Apophis character. I kept telling Mac--watch out they are Goa'ld!
          I kept expecting to see Sam jump out to save the day. My son and I had such a great time with that. Next year, we plan to study mythology (we homeschool). I can only imagine how much fun we will have with Egyptian and Norse themes.

Happy
          Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

You know all, I think I could handle what is coming down the line with in the spoilers if we could have some spoilers that hint at some Sam/Jack ship.

For heaven's sake they can announce, leak, let out, everything under the sun about upcoming episodes. They also know that S/J shippers will be worried, and upset. Sooooo, why not divulge just a little tidbit, appetizer, forshpeiz, even some forshadowing of some upcoming S/J ship to prevent us from knawing off all of our fingernails.

And to all new shippers here please help yourself to Nana's shipper cookies. Remember they are on the low carb diet
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              You know all, I think I could handle what is coming down the line with in the spoilers if we could have some spoilers that hint at some Sam/Jack ship.

For heaven's sake they can announce, leak, let out, everything under the sun about upcoming episodes. They also know that S/J shippers will be worried, and upset. Sooooo, why not divulge just a little tidbit, appetizer, forshpeiz, even some forshadowing of some upcoming S/J ship to prevent us from knawing off all of our fingernails.

And to all new shippers here please help yourself to Nana's shipper cookies. Remember they are on the low carb diet
              Sooooo with you Nana! Why not just a tidbit about the ship? Do they think we'll just keep hanging on no matter what they do? Do they think we don't need some hope? Are we THAT optimistic? Is this how they ride the fence?

On second thought, maybe they're just trying to lull the anti-shippers into a false sense of security so we can have a great shippy ending! (Maybe we are THAT optimistic)

Keep those cookies coming!!!! We're gonna need them!! Chocolate chip please!!
              Last edited by marimba26; 12 May 2004, 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I have all the respect in the world for AT CJ and MS but I do not think Sam Daniel and Teal'c can carry the show without Jack.IMO the Jack stand alone episodes have been much stronger than the Daniel Sam or TEAL'C stand alone episodes.Episodes like Space Race LifeBoat and ORPHEUS did not impress me.I think Jack just brings so much more enjoyment as a character.The Jack characters has something for everyone.Action comedy and the romance with Sam.I think it helped that RDA had expierence carrying a show before Stargate.It is not AT MS CJ fault.Taking away the Jack character will leave a hole that just cannot be filled.IMO.

Comment

Season 8 spoilers below:
                  P
                  O
                  I
                  L
                  E
                  R
                  S
                  P
                  A
                  C
                  E

I'm just gonna step back and look at the bigger picture for a minute. I didn't panic so much as roll my eyes for a reason. I was expecting Pete to recur well into this season long before these spoilers came out. Why? They didn't decide to do the Carter gets a boyfriend story until after they found out they had season 8. Again, why? Amanda wanted it long before then as did other factions. Still they kept saying there wasn't room for it if 7 was the last season. Then they got the 8th season and off we went. As I see it, they did it as a complication to drag out the Sam/Jack thing for another season after having written a good bit of ship thinking they were cruising for the end. Pete's a plot device. Not a particularly good one, but such characters rarely are. I never met a third party love interest type device I liked. Characters designed for a purpose versus ones designed to be interesting in their own right are rarely much fun to watch.

I really don't think Pete is coming back just because David has PTB as family. I seem to recall them discussing the character being likely recurring before they cast it. That it was Peter guaranteed the recur and that they they'd use him whenever they could even once the original relationship arc was played out. Having a cop who's in on the secret is a fairly obvious set-up to give him future plot opportunities in my book, but I really think they had the relationship arc in mind before they cast David. Casting him just tied them to sticking with the plan even if the character wasn't received as intended.

It's also pretty clear they know Pete didn't come across the way they'd intended. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll assume that's because the episode was written with a bit of haste once they realized they had a season 8. Rushing rarely improves the quality of anything, nor does merging plots that weren't intended to combine. After all the interviews, I get the impression he's supposed to be the nice guy who represents a normal life. Somebody who'd give them an opportunity to explore some Sam's relationship issues and prolong the misery, but ultimately not be what she wants. Since the character didn't play as originally intended, they don't even seem to be playing it warm and fuzzy early. They're still using him as the detour they intended, but very carefully. If he keeps recurring in a purely professional capacity as cop with knowledge of the program, I'm willing to be open-minded about it. It could be harmless.

I'm really not worried here. They clearly haven't forgotten the Sam/Jack ship. They don't seem to be playing the Sam/Pete thing as some great romance. It looks a lot more like Sam's mid-life crisis than anything else. It'll come back around our way in the end.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    Why not just a tidbit about the ship? Do they think we'll just keep hanging on no matter what they do? Do they think we don't need some hope?
                    Apparently so. Afterall, we have all hung on for oh let's say, 7 almost 8 years now!!

Are we THAT optimistic? Is this how they ride the fence?
                    I think that as a group Shippers are more optimistic and how should I say this diplomatically, hmmmm, less volitile as a group than others who shall remain unnamed.

We tend to hang on with the tenacity of a pitbull. We want S/J ship, we're gonna get S/J ship if we have to wait forever or if it kills us (which ever comes first).

On second thought, maybe they're just trying to lull the anti-shippers into a false sense of security so we can have a great shippy ending! (Maybe we are THAT optimistic)
                    On the other hand, ya know you are probably right, yeah come to think of it, you are definitely right! Lull away TPTB!

Keep those cookies coming!!!! We're gonna need them!! Chocolate chip please!!
                    I made you some chocolate chip cookies with Big and I mean really BIG chocolate chips in them. Enjoy
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                      Season 8 spoilers below:
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      S
                      P
                      A
                      C
                      E

I'm just gonna step back and look at the bigger picture for a minute. I didn't panic so much as roll my eyes for a reason. I was expecting Pete to recur well into this season long before these spoilers came out. Why? They didn't decide to do the Carter gets a boyfriend story until after they found out they had season 8. Again, why? Amanda wanted it long before then as did other factions. Still they kept saying there wasn't room for it if 7 was the last season. Then they got the 8th season and off we went. As I see it, they did it as a complication to drag out the Sam/Jack thing for another season after having written a good bit of ship thinking they were cruising for the end. Pete's a plot device. Not a particularly good one, but such characters rarely are. I never met a third party love interest type device I liked. Characters designed for a purpose versus ones designed to be interesting in their own right are rarely much fun to watch.

I really don't think Pete is coming back just because David has PTB as family. I seem to recall them discussing the character being likely recurring before they cast it. That it was Peter guaranteed the recur and that they they'd use him whenever they could even once the original relationship arc was played out. Having a cop who's in on the secret is a fairly obvious set-up to give him future plot opportunities in my book, but I really think they had the relationship arc in mind before they cast David. Casting him just tied them to sticking with the plan even if the character wasn't received as intended.

It's also pretty clear they know Pete didn't come across the way they'd intended. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll assume that's because the episode was written with a bit of haste once they realized they had a season 8. Rushing rarely improves the quality of anything, nor does merging plots that weren't intended to combine. After all the interviews, I get the impression he's supposed to be the nice guy who represents a normal life. Somebody who'd give them an opportunity to explore some Sam's relationship issues and prolong the misery, but ultimately not be what she wants. Since the character didn't play as originally intended, they don't even seem to be playing it warm and fuzzy early. They're still using him as the detour they intended, but very carefully. If he keeps recurring in a purely professional capacity as cop with knowledge of the program, I'm willing to be open-minded about it. It could be harmless.

I'm really not worried here. They clearly haven't forgotten the Sam/Jack ship. They don't seem to be playing the Sam/Pete thing as some great romance. .
                      Auralan, your post was very well thought out and makes a tremendous amount of sense!

I really agree with your last statement
                      It looks a lot more like Sam's mid-life crisis than anything else.
                      And hearing you say
                      It'll come back around our way in the end
                      really gives me added hope for a positive S/J ending.

Hey, how did you get to be sooooo smart anyway??!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        or maybe they're trying to scare the pants off of us! or lull us into a big giant sense of insecurity.

i'm scared..... ...... hold me!

Comment

Is anybody else getting more and more pessimistic about season 8? These new Pete spoilers are making me very frustrated. Regardless of the fact that I don't care much for Pete as a character it just sounds like there will be way too much focus on personal relationships next season and that's not what the show is about. Correction. That's not what the show *should* be about. And I really don't need the long drawn out using of Pete as a romantic foil for the Sam/Jack relationship. I'm not a fan of angst. Right now I'm longing for the days of the subtle UST. It will be interesting to me to see if they actually use the Stargate next season. This is very frustrating. Frickin' Pete.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            or maybe they're trying to scare the pants off of us! or lull us into a big giant sense of insecurity.
                            Maybe they're the insecure ones and they like getting all those letters.
                            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                              Season 8 spoilers below:
                              P
                              O
                              I
                              L
                              E
                              R
                              S
                              P
                              A
                              C
                              E

Pete's a plot device.
                              i agree
                              I really don't think Pete is coming back just because David has PTB as family. I seem to recall them discussing the character being likely recurring before they cast it.
                              again. i agree.
                              Having a cop who's in on the secret is a fairly obvious set-up to give him future plot opportunities in my book, but I really think they had the relationship arc in mind before they cast David. Casting him just tied them to sticking with the plan even if the character wasn't received as intended.
                              i'm with ya on this too. i think having a cop who knows stuff could come in handy. and i think that they'd have liked David regardless. he seems like a likeable guy.

After all the interviews, I get the impression he's supposed to be the nice guy who represents a normal life. Somebody who'd give them an opportunity to explore some Sam's relationship issues and prolong the misery, but ultimately not be what she wants. Since the character didn't play as originally intended, they don't even seem to be playing it warm and fuzzy early. They're still using him as the detour they intended, but very carefully. If he keeps recurring in a purely professional capacity as cop with knowledge of the program, I'm willing to be open-minded about it. It could be harmless.
                              i've had similar thoughts to this from the start of this craziness, i just hope they play it out like this.

i'm still a little worried about this, but i remember feeling somewhat similar back in season 4 when they upped the stakes in sam and jacks relationship first.

auralan, i like you.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                That's what I though too Tame.I rather see SG-1 go out on top with the original SG-1 instead of losing critical Characters along the way.I feel just because the ratings might still be strong why try to continue without RDA.It is just not the same.It is like the Beattles trying to continue without Paul or John.
                                For me the show is all FOUR, RDA, AT, MS and CJ. BUT I was still enjoying the show when MS left and the character of Jonas was brought in. So that proved to me that *some* of the actors *can* leave and I would still be okay with it. However, RDA is central TO ME and he plays off everyone and the backstory of Sam & Jack is important TO ME so if RDA left that would change the entire dynamic FOR ME.

I firmly believe that RDA is one of the central reasons that the ratings are doing so well, I also believe the return of MS has played a big part in that as so many people like the interplay between the two. BUT I firmly believe that the interplay between Sam & Jack is ALSO a HUGE reason for the strong ratings.
                                So all that being said I agree that trying to have Star Gate without RDA is not one of the best ideas and I really hope that TPTB are not considering it.

Plus if they do that.........OMG I am NOT going to EVEN think about that....breathe...I am being positive!!!!!!!
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X