X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emilee108
    Spoilers for Season 8 New Order/Affinity and PS
    What are TPTB thinking?? Someone please shed some light on this, because I just can't think right now.
    One vote for: "My brother needs to pay his mortgage."

Seriously, it sounds far too twisted to be worth worrying about that first appearance. It's not even Pete, it's Sam being tortured with images of Pete. Come to think of it, I can get behind the Pete as a torture device thing.... Maybe they are listening to us.

It sounds like two or three appearances for David. He shows up once in replicator-induced visions. The character is discussed as part of her doubts in Affinity. We don't know if we actually see him there, but it seems likely with local authorities being involved and Pete being a cop. That leaves one more place where he may come back. The may is telling. It's not plot necessary, he just may fit into a future episode. Probably another one of those earth based things where they need local authorities or maybe the AU episode that keeps getting mentioned.

Sure, they're gonna give the guy work. He's related to TPTB and the cast likes him. None of this sounds on the puppies and bunnies end of the spectrum. I'm not worried.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I just saw this off of the Gateworld home page..and I think I'm going to be sick!

David DeLuise back as Pete Shanahan
      MAY 12, 2004

Actor David DeLuise will indeed be returning as Pete Shanahan, Samantha Carter's new boyfriend, the show's producers confirmed for GateWorld. DeLuise will, in fact, return for multiple episodes, and his character's relationship with Carter will be an on-going storyline in Season Eight. DeLuise appeared in Season Seven's "Chimera."
      "He sort of comes back, and then comes back again," co-executive producer Paul Mullie said. "And then may come back even after that. He’s in at least two episodes."

GateWorld has also learned that DeLuise's first episode back is in the 2-hour season premiere itself! "New Order" airs on Friday, July 9, and the will see Pete's familiar face in a very frightening context. Watch out for spoilers below!

In "New Order," Major Carter is captured by the humanoid Replicators, which have escaped from their Asgard time dilation prison (Season Six's "Unnatural Selection"). Fifth (Patrick Currie) tortures her, though he still claims to have feelings for her despite her previous betrayal. He uses his abilities to interface with her mind and impersonate Pete, trying to convince Sam that she is living on a farm in Montana with him after having resigned from the S.G.C.

Carter also talks to her teammates about her relationship with Pete in the early Season Eight episode "Affinity," though it's not yet clear whether DeLuise will appear in this episode.

Ahhh! my stomach is in knots right now...someone help me because I have no idea what to think about this. We have to see P multiple times??? Someone shoot me! What are TPTB thinking?? Someone please shed some light on this, because I just can't think right now.

~*~Emilee~*~

See? This is why I love spoilers, so I know which episodes to (a) miss or (b) take the anti-emetics.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan

Seriously, it sounds far too twisted to be worth worrying about that first appearance. It's not even Pete, it's Sam being tortured with images of Pete. Come to think of it, I can get behind the Pete as a torture device thing.... Maybe they are listening to us.

It sounds like two or three appearances for David. He shows up once in replicator-induced visions. The character is discussed as part of her doubts in Affinity. We don't know if we actually see him there, but it seems likely with local authorities being involved and Pete being a cop. That leaves one more place where he may come back. The may is telling. It's not plot necessary, he just may fit into a future episode. Probably another one of those earth based things where they need local authorities or maybe the AU episode that keeps getting mentioned.

Sure, they're gonna give the guy work. He's related to TPTB and the cast likes him. None of this sounds on the puppies and bunnies end of the spectrum. I'm not worried.
        This was was where my thoughts headed to.....as SOON as I saw that it was an INDUCED vision...I was Like WAY COOL....That is one down without it being real.
        So I can deal with it. Hey Sam & Jack have done all kinds of AU stuff AND THAT ani't real either and hasn't helped their cause so I don't expect this to help
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've calmed down a bit and I agree with you. But, I just can't help that nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to be worried. All I guess I can do is just be patient and wait and see.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

[snip]
            In "New Order," Major Carter is captured by the humanoid Replicators, which have escaped from their Asgard time dilation prison (Season Six's "Unnatural Selection"). Fifth (Patrick Currie) tortures her, though he still claims to have feelings for her despite her previous betrayal. He uses his abilities to interface with her mind and impersonate Pete, trying to convince Sam that she is living on a farm in Montana with him after having resigned from the S.G.C.

Carter also talks to her teammates about her relationship with Pete in the early Season Eight episode "Affinity," though it's not yet clear whether DeLuise will appear in this episode.

Ahhh! my stomach is in knots right now...someone help me because I have no idea what to think about this. We have to see P multiple times??? Someone shoot me! What are TPTB thinking?? Someone please shed some light on this, because I just can't think right now.
            He's Torturing Sam using Pete.
            'Trying to convience' In other words she's not buying it or it's not making her happy enought to let down her gaurd.

My guess, step one on the road to Jack.

Honestly I don't think it will be 'as' hard to watch as everyone thinks because we'll *know* that it's not real, so whatever happens it's all an illusion created by the replicators to hurt Sam.
            Last edited by bcmilco; 12 May 2004, 12:22 PM.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Emilee.

I 'm not too happy about those spoilers either but then at least we have Sam and living together in a unreal world in a way .If it's all in her mind cuz he tempered with it ....this at least we know it won't be real .I just wonder why they want to use Pete instead of Jack for something like that cuz this will be a good opportunity to see sam and Jack together ..

I think what they are doing is pleased the shipper Sam/ now so that they have their little world of happiness just in case someone wants to make lovely videos between Sam/ ..and then ..the rest of the season will be for us the Sam/Jack shippers.....Don't you think!!!!! ....and probably ..I hope with the real stuff ....I mean the real sam and Jack .

I'm not worried about the end cuz I am nearly 100% sure that Sam will ask Jack to go fishing with him ......and when I mean go fishing ..it means not go fishing ONLY....I just hope we'll get SOME GOOD NOOKIE too.. .
              If the shippers Sam/ get a lot of romance in the first part , then it's fair enough for us (Shipper Sam/Jack) to have a double dose(OR QUADRUPLE IT ) of romance cuz Jack and Sam have known each other for 8 years and not that a few months.

ya want feel betta, go watch my last vid" This ain't no thinking thing" Trace Adkins....Just watch the stomach cramps.. it's hilarious...and it's Sam and jack

Caty aka ShipDiva.
              Last edited by Catysg1; 12 May 2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ses110]I hate to say this but Sam is starting to look real shallow by getting all upset about Jack and then staying with Pete.If Sam really loves Jack she should break up with Pete.If Sam loves Pete she needs to tell Jack so Jack can move on.Sam keeps giving Jack mixed signals.I still believe Sam and Jack will end up together but I am losing my patience.[QUOTE]

I agree totally, I just find Sam totally irritating at the moment.

Comment

You know I am one of those type people that when a book is like this I have to read the ending to make sure I want to continue reading; unfortunately, in this case I can't read the ending.
                  Spoilers Season 8 New Order & Affinity
                  .I was really hoping that while Sam was going through this period of confusion about her life that we wouldn't actually have to see Pete that she would just be able to refer to him. I really, really hope that the A plots of the stories are good because our shipper hearts are going to be hanging it sounds like most of the season.

I change my mind Majorsal, I now think that TPTB are going to make him nice, maybe as Damian Kindler said Pete, the stalker no more. (Have they not been getting our letters). I still believe even through all of this pain that Pete will work against himself so to speak and bring Jack and Sam together. Again I refer to Sally Reeves fic Moving On, Sam and Joe actually have an engagement party before Sam realizes that Joe is not for her. Sally are you a secret PTB? (lol) If this is true than we are in for a long season and a big finally in the last episode. Then I think there for sure should be a Season 9 with RDA so we can have 22 episodes of ship...a girl can dream!

My question is what are we going to see, Jack quietly taking this all in? I know he has to be just as confused as Sam because otherwise I think he would have said or done something to stop this. I'm thinking that he what, isn't sure of Sams feelings for him? Doesn't feel that he deserves her because he did say that she was a National Treasure? I think the show was easier when we just had to worry if they were going to live or die.

Comment

I hope I'm not overstepping or anything since I'm far from a mod, but when you quote a post, I've noticed the spoiler space doesn't always travel with it. That just happened a few times up thread. Don't assume when you quote a post with spoiler space that the spoiler space comes with the quote.
                    Last edited by auralan; 12 May 2004, 12:40 PM. Reason: department of redundancy department
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Spoilers for Season Eight (don't know if I need it, but better safe than sorry!)
                      Quoting Nickatell
                      I still believe even through all of this pain that Pete will work against himself so to speak and bring Jack and Sam together. Again I refer to Sally Reeves fic Moving On, Sam and Joe actually have an engagement party before Sam realizes that Joe is not for her. Sally are you a secret PTB? (lol) If this is true than we are in for a long season and a big finally in the last episode. Unquote

I love Sally Reeves fanfic. Thanks to whoever posted a link here a few weeks ago. Thanks to you my house is a mess and my garden full of weeds as I've been reading every spare minute (and some not so spare!)

In her Future Imperfect, Fifth captures and tortures Sam and Jack has to go rescue her. Maybe Sally IS a PTB. In which case I feel better. Sam and Jack always end up together in her writing!!!!!!

Happy
                      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Season 8
                        Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        This was was where my thoughts headed to.....as SOON as I saw that it was an INDUCED vision...I was Like WAY COOL....That is one down without it being real.
                        So I can deal with it. Hey Sam & Jack have done all kinds of AU stuff AND THAT ani't real either and hasn't helped their cause so I don't expect this to help

Okay, I feel...slightly better...maybe. My initial reaction was the stomach-clenching, blood pressure rising "NOOOOOOO!!!" However, this is true that it gets one of his appearances out of the way without it being "real." Okay, trying to breathe...the only thing that bugs me is that Fifth thinks Pete means enough to her for HIM to be the one who will have the most influence in her sub-conscious mind. Not that I would want the image of Jack to be torturing her, but...I don't know what I mean. Do you know what I mean?
                        Last edited by JSDT; 12 May 2004, 01:01 PM. Reason: Spoiler space-Sorry!
                        Tasha
                        JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Spoiler Space Season 8:
                          Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I 'm not too happy about those spoilers either but then at least we have Sam and living together in a unreal world in a way .If it's all in her mind cuz he tempered with it ....this at least we know it won't be real ...
                          Well, there's that...

I just wonder why they want to use Pete instead of Jack for something like that cuz this will be a good opportunity to see sam and Jack together
                          I think that one is fairly obvious, Nepotism and Jack lite!

(snip)

I'm not worried about the end cuz I am nearly 100% sure that Sam will ask Jack to go fishing with him ......and when I mean go fishing ..it means not go fishing ONLY....I just hope we'll get SOME GOOD NOOKIE too.. .
                          Well then, if you are not worried then I feel better.

If the shippers Sam/ get a lot of romance in the first part , then it's fair enough for us (Shipper Sam/Jack) to have a double dose(OR QUADRUPLE IT ) of romance (snip, snip)
                          You got my vote!

ya want feel betta, go watch my last vid" This ain't no thinking thing" Trace Adkins....
                          Just watched it and all I have to say is Where Were You When They Were Writing All Those Scripts From Seasons Past?????!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Love many of the videos by CatySG1 but don't understand why in the middle of "J/S " shippy vid we get the yucky bedroom/skin scenes of Sam and Pitatoe ?? It's like cruising down smooth road and smashing into a speed bump!! Wish there were "authentic" skin scenes of S/J but cannot abide "surrogate" stuff. But thanks to Caty for thoroughly "pure" S/J" shippy videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                              Love many of the videos by CatySG1 but don't understand why in the middle of "J/S " shippy vid we get the yucky bedroom/skin scenes of Sam and Pitatoe ?? It's like cruising down smooth road and smashing into a speed bump!! Wish there were "authentic" skin scenes of S/J but cannot abide "surrogate" stuff. But thanks to Caty for thoroughly "pure" S/J" shippy videos!

Acually the bedroom scene is mostly from the void and brief candle where I usually flame the awkward person. .Just wonder why they haven't given us a bedroom scene between Sam and Jack in an alternate universe before.... to be honest. ..not too much to ask.!!!!!and at least we would have more material to work with those lovely romantic songs.

Oh Well ... it' s never too late ..may be we'll get that in second half of season 8.

Thank you Hawkeye for your comment and I'm glad you appreciate my videos.

Caty

Comment

LMAO at that! Getting to feel like the truth, isn't it? I admire your calmness in the face of adversity (aka )!
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X