X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler space s8 Affinity
    Originally posted by sacme
    I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man.
    It's definately going to be hard to watch and I'm not looking forward to it, but it might not be all bad.

What? I'm in a good mood today.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Spoiler Space Season 8
      this is difficult. after hearing the horror of what may be happening in Season 8's Affinity (I wanted to throw up), long as it is. I believe in the end, Jack and Sam may have some resolution, but I'm fearing it will be of the too little, too late variety. I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man. I have a stomachache.
      I know that is how I felt the first time I read the spoiler ...made me regret ever READING it
      But I am ever hopeful.......but like you I hope it isn't too little too late and TPTB have damged not only the characters but the entire relationship as well.

BCM YOU are in a good mood
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It must be the new forum, I love new things!
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          It must be the new forum, I love new things!
          did you notice we are *Jaffa Fodder*
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I loved your list! I'll add J/S waking up in bed with each other-- and Jack doesn't run out on her!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I loved your list! I'll add J/S waking up in bed with each other-- and Jack doesn't run out on her!
              ROFL Why didn't I think of that one!!!!!!!!!!
              Good Catch Stephanie!!

Comment

My first post on the new forum! Yippee!

I've been lurking for a day or so but haven't posted coz I've been too busy catching up on what everyone else has been saying.

You know you are too obsessed with Stargate when you get home at 2am, more than borderline inebriated and you STILL turn on your computer and go to Gateworld to see if anything has been updated...only to find the forum has moved lol.

Love the look of the new forum and glad to see lots of shippers making it home.

I have a feeling I'll be a larval symbiote for a while though...don't post all that often...by the time I've read it all, I've usually spent far too much time here already lol.

Ahhhhhhhhh so glad we moved. Now if I could just figure out how to customize my Avatar......

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Wow that is a cool signature....I had my son over here a bunch too..That is neat that you kid made that for you!! sometimes they do stuff that reminds us why we love them so much
                  Thanks, lol.
                  Nah... I didn't do it because I love her... I did it because I like making things for people. lol. Though she is my mom and I do love her.

uh... I'm not quite sure on the rules of the whole shippy thing... I'll have to have my mom tell them to me slowly, lol. I kinda get lost when it comes to this sort of thing.

by the way... Hi mom! ::waves:: lol.
                  Last edited by InspiredNightmare; 02 May 2004, 04:26 AM.
                  -Nightmare-

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredNightmare
                    Thanks, lol.
                    Nah... I didn't do it because I love her... I did it because I like making things for people. lol. Though she is my mom and I do love her.

uh... I'm not quite sure on the rules of the whole shippy thing... I'll have to have my mom tell them to me slowly, lol. I kinda get lost when it comes to this sort of thing.

by the way... Hi mom! ::waves:: lol.
                    You're a good son. Have one of Ship Nanna's cookies.

BTW I've managed to add a picture.I'm so excited!!!!
                    Last edited by dipsofjazz; 02 May 2004, 04:48 AM. Reason: adding something
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Originally posted by majorsal
                      Now, I was liking the 'second thoughts' part of that sentence, until I read further. Sam's wondering if it's fair to him. FAIR TO HIM!?
                      Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is.

Does this help or just muddy the waters further?
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Okay, when Sam starts talking about the unfair bit, she's generalizing. She specifically asks if it's fair to get "somebody else" involved in the kinds of lives gate team members live. It's really deeper than Pete. She seems to be trying to figure out if any relationship will be able to fit into her life. Jack brings Pete into it by saying he's a cop and he'd understand. She basically ignores that argument and counters by bringing up the issue of children -- also in a generalized phrasing. It seems like her stressing is about lifestyle more than any individual relationship. She's doubting that she can have the kind of life/relationship she had been wanting post-Grace because of the danger and uncertainty inherent in her job.

It's also worth saying that Jack isn't seeing the problem. Pete's a cop and should understand. Other gate team members have families. He's not letting her use those excuses. It's also still the first half of the episode (ish), so I would guess we eventually get past the excuses to the underlying issues that started this whole contemplation -- whatever that is.

Does this help or just muddy the waters further?

I hope she is having second thoughts about her relationship to Pete and will consider Jack instead because they both work together and could sort out issues together ..he can retire and shecan work at the SGC off world as a scientist.

Caty aka ShiDiva

Comment

YES!!!!! PTB are you listening?!? Listen to ship daddy....he knows what we want!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

yup, thats what I did last night...got home around 2 am from a party...checked the forum. Went to sleep...just got up and here I am! Haven't even had breakfast yet...

BTW, whats with the larval symbiote anf Jaffa fodder stuff? and how do I get a signature? I tried last nigt (with a Grace kiss photo), but it said it was too big :~(

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi

Comment

It helps! I'm hoping that theres ship in the scene...and that Jack doesn't let her make excuses...just admit you don't want Pit Sam!

<dancing and chanting my cereminal BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

~Imzadi

Comment

Spoiler space for Season 8 "Affinity"

This is my first post in the new Forum.Hope I do not mess up.I would love to hear Jack ask Sam if She loves Pete in Affinity.I hate to sound negative but I am really disappoint in all the earth based and SG-1 Personal life episodes in Season 8.I also used to Love the episodes where either Sam or Jack was Hurt and we would see the Angst the other was going through.I really do not see the point of these episodes if nothing is done to follow up.TPTB keep hititng the reset button until the next time Sam or Jack are in trouble.I also still cannot believe after all the near death episodes Sam and Jack have had that Either one or both of them would not say that's it and do something to be together. I also do not buy that Hammond would not have done something to get the regs lifted.Here's hoping the 2nd half of Season 8 has some great Sam and Jack and SG-1 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X