This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSDT
    For Sally, Tame, and the others out there (you know who you are): I am deeply sorry for using the P-word so much. Forgive me?

All's forgiven. Here - *sends Jack clone her way* - enjoy your toy for the evening. Uh, if JackClone's head happens to fall off, the head works quite well without having to be attached to the body. Tame did something to the clone that I can't seem to fix, but I just wanted you to know in case you wanted him to... *clears throat*

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      But TPTB won't do what makes sense; Sam breaks up with jerkboy, has an adult conversation with Jack, shippiness ensues. IMO, SOMETHING has to happen already; LC hit a climax in my opinion.
      Spoilers for Lost City 2

I see it that way too. LC was like the climax of Sam's journey, so it seems SOOO wrong that she'd not only still be with PS, but that she'd even be interested in being with him. She acted in love at the end, staring at Jack with her hand on the ice. And you know what? I think she 'is', but... but more than questioning Sam's motives and behaviors, it's really the writers wanting to extend the S/J issue and using PS as one of the obstacles to get past. Remember the good old days when the only obstacle we had to contend with was the regs? *sigh*

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
        I still haven't found little miss contrary's 2nd and 3rd parts to 'Show me the way east' (2nd is supposed to be called 'walking towards morning') it caught my atention even though its got the whole rape theme (which I usually avoid cause hello! I want ship...but it IS good)

I was caught into that fic too! I 'had' to know how it ended! I think the writer got bored or something. Another fic I got into that was dark was called Coma White (or Coma Black). I won't even attempt to describe this fic here, but I sure wanted a follow up. She must have changed her mind.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal
          ps - I think I use the face more than any other... what does that say about me?

Originally posted by bcmilco
          That your face is going to freeze that way
          Okay, that's it... *takes out newly modeled Sam clone* For bad behaviors like this, I'm going to be sending the Sam clone your way. She takes no prisoners, so get ready!

Sally

ps- *disclaimer section*: Due to JackClone's high jinks, SamClone walks funny. (JackClone's never explained just how SamClone came to be this way)
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I know part of the reason Sam and Jack aren't together is to keep us watching, still...

I keep expecting Jack to pull a Rhett Butler. By the time Sam figures out he is the guy, he won't be interested anymore.

Sad, sad, sad. This is why I love fanfic!

Happy
            Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

I just want Pete to disappear and never return, or preferably die by being attack by a fleet of angry squirrels with acorns............it could happen ..........in my mind
              xXBekXx
              Beware of the evil bunnie wabbits!
              I'm not weird, I'm obscure!
              Hello Kitty wocks!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                Potato! *why am I yelling that?*

As for the kid thing... can you imagine the look on Sam's face if one of their kids was named Grace?

Sally

I think there should be a son named Carter, as well as sweet Grace.

Happy
                Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Season 8 spoiler/spec below
                  S
                  P
                  O
                  I
                  L
                  E
                  R
                  S
                  P
                  A
                  C
                  E

This would have an emotional impact-AU Sam comes through the mirror, realizes this Sam is still seeing Pete, and takes her to the side, "We have to talk." Even though I do like this idea and would have enjoyed an ep like this, after reading other posts I've changed my mind about portraying Pete as the bad guy. In this situation, Sam would be given the negative details about Pete and drop him for these reasons instead of dropping him because she realizes Jack is really the one for her. I think it would be more satisfying if Jack became the man is Sam's life for who he is and not just because Pete is evil.

For Sally, Tame, and the others out there (you know who you are): I am deeply sorry for using the P-word so much. Forgive me?
                  What if Pete wasn't played as the bad guy here? I certainly never intended that in what I said. All I said was that choosing Pete didn't make the AU Sam happy. That doesn't mean he has to be a bad guy. That just means Pete, and the kind of life that goes with him, isn't the right thing for Sam. Relationships end all the time without there being an evil/bad guy type. Perhaps he and his painfully normal life just isn't for her. That's what I would want Sam to realize in this kind of scenario and something I think we might actually see since it's clear they didn't mean for Pete to come across as poorly as he did. This scenario still leaves the door wide open for Sam to realize that Jack is right for her once Pete's gone the way of the dodo.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    Season 8 spoiler/spec below
                    S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S
                    P
                    A
                    C
                    E

What if Pete wasn't played as the bad guy here? I certainly never intended that in what I said. All I said was that choosing Pete didn't make the AU Sam happy. That doesn't mean he has to be a bad guy. That just means Pete, and the kind of life that goes with him, isn't the right thing for Sam. Relationships end all the time without there being an evil/bad guy type. Perhaps he and his painfully normal life just isn't for her. That's what I would want Sam to realize in this kind of scenario and something I think we might actually see since it's clear they didn't mean for Pete to come across as poorly as he did. This scenario still leaves the door wide open for Sam to realize that Jack is right for her once Pete's gone the way of the dodo.
                    Okay then! I'm back in your camp...I'm so wishy-washy. If Sam is shown as simply satisfied in her life with Pete, but not happy, that would re-emphasize what her dad said to her. She would have settled, but not in the way she originally interpreted the conversation in "Grace" (with Pete, not Jack). She would not be truly happy as she thought letting go of Jack would make her. Am I getting it now?
                    Tasha
                    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Season 8 spoiler/spec below.

S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      S
                      P
                      A
                      C
                      E
                      Okay then! I'm back in your camp...I'm so wishy-washy. If Sam is shown as simply satisfied in her life with Pete, but not happy, that would re-emphasize what her dad said to her. She would have settled, but not in the way she originally interpreted the conversation in "Grace" (with Pete, not Jack). She would not be truly happy as she thought letting go of Jack would make her. Am I getting it now?
                      I really like the way you put that. Pete is just another kind of settling. She may have gotten what she thought she wanted, but she's still not truly happy. It would bring it full circle rather nicely.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Here is the sequel to "What a wonderful world that woul be " called

" This ain't no thinking thing"(Trace Adkins) video 29

IT'S even more hilariuos than the prequel ..Watch out for stomach cramps.

Click on my sig to access my video site.

Enjoy

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

First off I would like to say that I hope Stargate continues for as long as people are watching it. I myself will only return if RDA is in it, for without him their is no ship with Sam (it won't work for me by just mentioning his name) and he is the reason I started watching the show in the first place. This show will be on for 8 years and I feel for the people who are watching it say for Daniel, Teal'c and Sam. Even though I have come to love these people they by themselves don't do it for me, RDA is the main reason that I watch and if he goes so do I.

As far as the ship being in the season opener my heart screams that of course I want overt ship. The minute Jack comes back to life I want Sam to be crying with joy and covering him with kisses then I want her to....well, you get the idea; but then again that is my heart talking. My head says that we have to remember that Jack was not aware of what Sam did (I don't think) so, again I think that was one of her automatic, natural responses to Jack. Of course she did do it in front of Daniel and Teal'c but I don't know if TPTB will bring this out as ship or as concern for a fellow teammate. Remember she is confused about Jacks feelings for her and to her nothing has changed there. Although, my heart says that Jack did do something for her when she begged him to stay and he basically told them to put him in the chamber; I'm not so sure that is what he was going to do if it wasn't for Sam. I think that what we will probably get is angsty looks when Jack becomes General because they both know that the regs still apply. I do wish though that TPTB would use the fact that Jack is retired as a moment for something to happen; such as Jack wakes finding Sam sitting at his bedside and he grabs her and gives her a kiss maybe with the memory of Sam touching the ice in his head. Something, anything please PTB give us a brief open window.

As far as Pete is concerned a fic written by Sally Reeves comes to mind, Moving On Part 1 and 2 about Sam having someone else. Again my heart wants Pete to be a bad guy(which he is and it is easier to not like him) and for Sam to get rid of him; but, my head says Sam is working at leaving her feelings for Jack aside and moving on trying to find what she thinks is the life she wants. In Sams mind she is trying to find a nice guy who can fulfill her dreams which SHE thinks is Pete; to me the next step that TPTB are referring to is marriage and kids. Think about it if Pete is a bad guy what would stop Sam from trying to find another guy;but, if Pete is a good guy then without even realizing it Pete also becomes the escape goat for Sam and Jack to relax and let their natural, loving relationship flourish. She is not conciously trying to hurt Pete or use him in any way;therefore, how can her character be blamed or tarnished?Subconciously though Pete is bringing her closer to Jack. Her mind is telling her she is doing the logical thing with Pete; but her natural attraction to Jack will overcome her mind and I think win out in the end. Again Sam is on ground that is very unfamiliar to her, there is no scientific equation that will solve this for her.

I don't post for weeks and suddenly you can't shut me up. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I certinly wouldn't build them up, not at this point. If the plan is to have Sam come to a slow realization that she wants Jack then having lots of Angsty-Long looks NOW makes her look wishy-washy and pathetic IMO and I really don't want to see Sam that way.

[snip}
                            What I'm saying is if I had been in charge I would have toned the scenes down a bit... if you'd never seen the versions that have already played you'd have been very happy with them... BUT I'm not saying that I'd go back and change them NOW. Now that they've aired I don't want to loose them either. But if they don't put LOTS of angsty scenes in first-half-s8, if they tone it down to scenes like The Jello Scene I would be happy.

I'm not saying 'do away with' I'm saying make it more friendshippy between S/J for the first half of s7, then IMO from the easy comfortable relationship that they would enjoy as the very good friends that they are it would be a very easy sell to move them into a romantic relationship.

[snip]
                            But RIGHT NOW all they are is friends. Right now they can't be anything more then friends. For the first half of the season I would like to see their friendship grow and deepen.

Maybe I'm being nieve, or maybe my minimal experience is showing but I've always felt that a good relationship usually has a friendship component, I'm not necessarily say friends first then love, just that at some point a very deep friendship forms, and I feel that in the case of Jack and Sam if they deepen their friendship in the first half of s8 then in the second half of the season it would seem more natural to make her angst over, and get rid of Pete and finally ending up with Jack ESPECIALLY if she's confused about what Jack's feelings are.

Which is what it sounds like they're going to do.
                            [snip]
                            It's in their acting, the way they play the scenes.
                            [snip]
                            Don't think of friendship as a bad thing. For S/J I've always seen friendship as that step where they have to wait until they can 'be more'. And while they're being "just close friends" there is so much that could be explored between them that we would otherwise have to wait until much later.
                            Okay, I know I'm like a hundred posts behind (hate having to share a computer) but I had to reply to this b/c I felt I might have something to add--apologies if it's already been added. At first I agreed with you that PTB were making Sam look wishy-washy but on further thought I'm not so sure. I think she is definitely going through a phase of self-doubt--not all that uncommon when your in love. It seems like there is a point where you wonder "how could he love me when I am (fill in self-loathing reasons here--too fat, too old, too smart, etc.)?"--and it's how you handle it that decides the outcome. Some break up, some "play the field", etc.

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense in terms of Sam. I think she would be one to have trouble with this b/c she's not used to self-doubt. Look at the end of Lost City--she's heartbroken when Daniel tells her that the solution isn't there. My heart breaks for her every time I see that scene!

As for their friendship--it's there! They know each other so well, their convos are almost intuitive--elevator scene in Chimera, engine room scene in LC2, crossword in LC1 ("this will be the one thing she *doesn't* know). Those are just the few examples that come to mind right off hand. How much more development does it need? Just curious about this.

Back to the romance--Self-doubt is not uncommon when a relationship is beginning to grow from romance to a more mature love. I won't ramble on about it though, I'll just quote Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a woman who fell in love for the first time at the age of 38 (the same age as Sam):

The first time that the sun rose on thine oath
                            To love me, I looked forward to the moon
                            To slacken all those bonds which seemed too soon
                            And quickly tied to make a lasting troth.
                            Quick-loving hearts, I thought, may quickly loathe;
                            And, looking on myself, I seemed not one
                            For such man's love!--more like an out-of-tune
                            Worn viol, a good singer would be wroth
                            To spoil his song with, and which, snatched in haste,
                            Is laid down at the first ill-sounding note.
                            I did not wrong myself so, but I placed
                            A wrong on thee. For perfect strains may float
                            'Neath master-hands, from instruments defaced--
                            And great souls, at one stroke, may do and dote.

Sorry for the book!
                            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              Here is the sequel to "What a wonderful world that woul be " called

" This ain't no thinking thing"(Trace Adkins) video 29

IT'S even more hilariuos than the prequel ..Watch out for stomach cramps.

Click on my sig to access my video site.

Enjoy

caty aka ShipDiva
                              OH MY! OH MY! OH MY!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!! You have made my day!!!!! I LOVED the story!!!!!!!!!! Too funny and just the way it should happen!!! Keep them coming!!

You ROCK, ShipDiva!!!!!!!!!!

Token ~

Comment

[QUOTE=nickatell](Snip)
                                I do wish though that TPTB would use the fact that Jack is retired as a moment for something to happen; such as Jack wakes finding Sam sitting at his bedside and he grabs her and gives her a kiss maybe with the memory of Sam touching the ice in his head. Something, anything please PTB give us a brief open window.

Possible Spoiler for Grace Ahead:

I think you are on to something there. Jack could wake up and say something shippy to Sam sorta like Sam called Jack "Jack" when she woke up in "Grace". Kind of a slip of the lips, if you will! Speaking of lips, a big fat, shipper-fainting kiss on the lips wouldn't be bad either, but then I am really dreaming.

(Snip again)
                                In Sams mind she is trying to find a nice guy who can fulfill her dreams which SHE thinks is Pete; to me the next step that TPTB are referring to is marriage and kids.
                                That may be the next logical step in that relationship (marriage and kiddlets) but I think this is where Sam will draw the line with Pete!

She is not conciously trying to hurt Pete or use him in any way;therefore, how can her character be blamed or tarnished?
                                Agree with you on this one!

Subconciously though Pete is bringing her closer to Jack. Her mind is telling her she is doing the logical thing with Pete; but her natural attraction to Jack will overcome her mind and I think win out in the end.
                                That is THE PLAN
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X