This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    ok kids i got my new dvd today. watched Chimera with the commentary, and i thought SOME people here might be interested to hear a few bits and pieces.

first off, damian kindler gave two definitions for the word one of which involved the following phrase:
    " the fleeting dream of love, that comes in and out of carters life but doesn't stay."

BUT! before we get too excited over that one. he also said, during the icky bedroom scene, eeww;
    (vague spoilers for season 8)

"the character of pete will be coming back in season 8. the relationship will take its next logical step"

BUT! on the funny side of things he did continuously refer to him as a stalker (in a jokey way).
    example:
    "nothing like being stalked by the guy your dating eh? its romantic!. its modern..."

then in the end when talking about the episode thats in the works for him to come back:
    "the episode is tentatively titled, pete comes back and he's still a really nice guy... and no longer stalks..."

So there ya go. thought i should keep our little shipper comminity informed.
    as long as he's still going OUT of her life...

and I agree with ses110 that Pete needs to go cause Sam's in love with Jack, not cause Pete's bad

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

//Nice guys don't stalk. Period.//

exactly Sally

I'm divided over the S/J ship while she with the jerk issue...I really love seeing S/J ship, but BCM et al. are right; it doesn't exactly make Sam look good and I love her character. But TPTB won't do what makes sense; Sam breaks up with jerkboy, has an adult conversation with Jack, shippiness ensues. IMO, SOMETHING has to happen already; LC hit a climax in my opinion.

That said, I think the fact that I'm going to be watching all the season 8 (and Atlantis) episodes on August 14th (when I return from my REU (internship basically) in the middle of nowhere Virginia where theres not even AC (and probably no tv or stargate ), I can probably deal with a little less ship in the first few episodes since I'll be seeing them all at once. But then, after waiting even longer...I want ship d&*%^& it!!!!! <pouts>
      So, at least give me an adult conversation and/or a breakup ASAP!!!!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
        I think me bcmilco is wise beyond his years...at least compared to most of the males I know. Most don't work that out until...well never. Although girls seem to have it figured out by 20...

Then again, you must be old enough to have fathered all these little shippers...what are you, 253?

I'm hoping the long lifespan is due to being a Jaffa, not a goa'uld

Or a tokra.
        ship daddy, do you really mean it? cause thats how I've always felt (although its yet to work out right for me...)...one of my best friends says the same thing...and I should comment no further on him <growls>

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Originally posted by Ship Nana
          A touch, a look, a comment, a stare, a moment of shippiness is all I want the during the first half of the season. Just enough to keep it alive. The touch, look, comment, etc. should gradually build in tension until we get our ship conclusion somewhere just before the end.
          Yes! Nothing against our dear ship daddy's feelings on friendship between them, I think it would be a great disservice to the ship to have 'just' friendshippy types of interaction between them. It 'could' look like Sam's truly moved on, which is why I HATED the elevator scene between her and Jack in Chernobyl. I saw the angst with Jack in that scene, but I didn't really see it with Sam. And I'm afraid having them strictly as friends would undermine the years of shipping forward that we've gotten. Balance is the key.
          Obviously I didn't make myself clear

I'm all for little looks, and touches a la Urgo or any s1-3 interactions, because I see that as friendship. And friendship is a major component in a good relationship.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I LOVE your definition of "fond" OzGirl!!!

I find myself fantasizing a lot more recently of the silver-haired devil. Was that too much information? He IS just a fine, hunk of man, isn't he?

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny
              awww...sorry dad...uh-oh...and now I'm reading it!!!!!!!!
              I hate when I love a fic and then find out its a WIP! I still haven't found little miss contrary's 2nd and 3rd parts to 'Show me the way east' (2nd is supposed to be called 'walking towards morning') it caught my atention even though its got the whole rape theme (which I usually avoid cause hello! I want ship...but it IS good)

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                I agree, if anyone wants Jack and Sam together in any way, shape or form I think they should be included as a shipper.

I agree. And this kind of debate has even went on on the samandjack list. Some of just take it more seriously, even if it's not good for us.

Me I would be happy with seeing a lot more romance between Jack and Sam, but I don't have to have a wedding

I don't 'have' to have a wedding, but it would be fun if it happened. And I'm NOT holding my breath on it. I don't even see it as a realm of possibility. But more S/J romance is must!

I think all of us are just frustrated because we have waited so long for any kind of a resolution and with the scare of this maybe being the last season it's waring on us.

And adding PS into it... I sometimes still can't believe they've thrown in a bf this late in the game. I want a payoff to end all payoffs!

I also feel that I can somewhat understand why Sam and Jack are going through this because of who they are, I just feel that this all could have been done way back when when we were getting no ship, not now when this could be the end.

Yes. It would have made much more sense to cover this issue with Sam and/or Jack shortly after the whole Zaytarc thinger.

Although, I now think that because of the "mountain" they think we have built, I'm not so sure he will stay just a guy who Sam gets involved with.

I go back and forth on this, whether I want PS to be a baddie or not. As of this moment, make him BAD! But I'd like to know why you feel this now? You think the writers are going to go somewhere with this now that we've made a deal of it? Is that what you're saying?

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  ship daddy, do you really mean it? cause thats how I've always felt (although its yet to work out right for me...)...one of my best friends says the same thing...and I should comment no further on him <growls>
                  That's the way I've always felt... of course it hasn't worked out for me yet, but I look at my parents going on 30 yrs married, and my aunts and uncle (of which there are 7 couples total), ranging from 20yrs to 30yrs marrage, and my grandparents going on 60 yrs marrage... and only my uncle has ever been devorced. It seems to have worked for all them

Of course I also believe in good communication, honesty, and trust.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    She doesn't dig really deep with her relationships or she would have seen Hanson for what he was and for what he is. Or maybe she doesn't dig deep because she is afraid of what she might find and doesn't want to lose the attention or what she thinks of as love.
                    You know, that really makes sense. Sam doesn't seem to 'want' to dig too deep with PS because then she'd be back to being alone again. Of course, I'm just pulling at threads because this whole S/P relationship should be unraveling to me.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      I think what also frustrates us shippers is that there is no communication. I don't only mean between Jack and Sam but we could at least get a peek into what they are feeling if say Jack would talk to Teal'c and Sam maybe to Daniel. All we have to go on is looks, stares, hugs, and a lot of alternate realities and then when we think that we know what is going on, in walks Pete and we realize that we have no idea. Frustration to the max. Then we dig into where the story has taken us and we try to analyze what is going on, rationalize why they are doing it, and then decide what we want them to do about it, all along many pit falls for frustration.

All I have to say is I KNOW!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                        Maybe it just hit me at an off-moment, but I'm not thrilled at the possibility of a season 9 (according to a new thread, Greenberg and Hammer are talking about one seriously). At least, not from either a (1) Jack, or (2) Sam-Jack perspective. It's just keeping the barriers too long; any relationship either has to move forward or cool down, and I think a new season would be the death knell for the relationship. Plus, Jack-lite/Jack-less is not really doing it for me.

J.

K, I'm going to have to actually venture out of our shipper haven and read about this. I DO NOT want another season! Or, more aptly, I ONLY want a season 9 if the Sam/Jack issue has been resolved in a shippy way! I dont' think the S/J ship could handle another season, especially if they kept PS with Sam....... just thinking about it's making me ill.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny

Oh, man, you've got to be kidding! WIPs can be *so* frustrating! Don't feel bad, ship daddy; I've forgotten what the bloody fic's about by the time the next chapter comes out.

Sally

ps - I think I use the face more than any other... what does that say about me?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            ps - I think I use the face more than any other... what does that say about me?
                            That your face is going to freeze that way
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              Various spoilers for all ship in Season 7

S
                              H
                              I
                              P
                              S
                              H
                              I
                              P
                              S
                              H
                              I
                              P

<big snippage>

I'd be happy with this kind of thing early in season 8, though they do need to address the Pete thing asap and there should b an acknowledgement of caring for each other after all this almost dying stuff.

I think the one ep(s) that *so* needs to have ship in it is the season premier! I know some of what's going to happen, but it most definitely needs to show the follow up to how Sam is handling ship and Jack from Lost City(s). She was close to tears in Lost City 2, so her getting Jack back should be shown in the same shippy light. If they have to go ship-lite after that for a while, so be it, but the season premier needs to address Sam's feelings for Jack and his situation.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                Maybe with a kid or two and they can see what they're missing and Sam will drop Pete like a hot potato (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and they'll live happily ever after.
                                Potato! *why am I yelling that?*

As for the kid thing... can you imagine the look on Sam's face if one of their kids was named Grace?

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X