This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny
    Oh no!

My heart is bleeding for you!

Honest.

I did not laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      I don't think that Sam is using Pete in any way. I think that she is in love with the idea of Pete. That is of having an outside life. So in her mind she really is not using him she has convinced herself to believe.

I don't Sam's using PS either. That's not in Sam's nature. And I also feel that no matter what Sam feels for Jack, it's her uncertainty of Jack's feelings that's keeping PS in her life. The regs are a big enough force field between them as it is, but add in one confused Major and her equally confused 'does he care for me 'more' than a friend?', and you've got the perfect makings for a person blundering through a bit of a mid-life crisis. Just my opinion, though.

This is also a safety issue for Sam. She can get some answers from Jack while still protecting her heart. If Jack is answering hypothetical questions then Sam won't feel that he is rejecting her outright if he gives an answer she can't live with. So in other words, they get to explore their relationship without getting to explore THEIR relationship.

I like the way you put that. As in Grace, you can tell Sam's one confused woman. Asking about 'life', whether she's talking about a poss future with her a PS, is 'still' her talking to Jack about life and her future. Did that make sense?

A touch, a look, a comment, a stare, a moment of shippiness is all I want the during the first half of the season. Just enough to keep it alive. The touch, look, comment, etc. should gradually build in tension until we get our ship conclusion somewhere just before the end.

Yes! Nothing against our dear ship daddy's feelings on friendship between them, I think it would be a great disservice to the ship to have 'just' friendshippy types of interaction between them. It 'could' look like Sam's truly moved on, which is why I HATED the elevator scene between her and Jack in Chernobyl. I saw the angst with Jack in that scene, but I didn't really see it with Sam. And I'm afraid having them strictly as friends would undermine the years of shipping forward that we've gotten. Balance is the key.

Meanwhile, I just want to enjoy the (reportedly) last season with all of the elements that have made it a great show. One qualification though, I absolutely could not live thru another Ch.. ch.. ch (can't stop stuttering) oh well you know the name of the episode I can't say.

Me either. In any way, shape, or form. It happens... and I die on the spot.

Oh yes, and I have added a special ingredient in my shipper cookies which will keep all shippers in a happy shipper mood! So eat up!!

You know, those spoilers/commentary from Chernobyl weren't that bad, so I was surprised there was so much angst. Things are still good for us. (until we hear otherwise )

Everyone eat up those shipper cookies!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Vague season 8 spoilers/speculation
        S
        P
        O
        I
        L
        E
        R
        S
        P
        A
        C
        E

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        I love the AU concept. I would love them both to actually see a reality where both their AU selves are alive and happily married. Maybe with a kid or two and they can see what they're missing and Sam will drop Pete like a hot potato (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and they'll live happily ever after. Whew, the optimism just came pouring out.
        That could work as another way to bring some ship into the early season without making Sam look bad. Nothing like seeing the possibilities when you're facing down the big issues in life.

Actually, there is another way they could go with the AU idea. What if the AU Sam chose Pete and wasn't happy? That could have an even bigger impact. Pete is the current option on the table. Not as much fun to watch, but it could effectively shatter the dream of a happy, normal life with Pete.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I love the AU concept. I would love them both to actually see a reality where both their AU selves are alive and happily married. Maybe with a kid or two and they can see what they're missing and Sam will drop Pete like a hot potato (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and they'll live happily ever after. Whew, the optimism just came pouring out. I just watched Love Actually and am in a romantic daze.
          I also thought it would be funny if Sam were still seeing Pete (please NO!!!) and Pete somehow stumbled across the AU Jack and Sam in a compromising situation.
          Tasha
          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
            Aunt Sally, I adore you!
            Thanks!

I'm just so frustrated!

I hear ya.

I don't wanna be realistic anymore!

Me either! If I wanted realism, I'd watch Days of Our Lives... what? *shrugs*

I don't care about characterization.

It's hard to when they're focusing so much on regs but disregard normal human reactions -Chernobyl- so easily. "Colonel, are you upset that my boyfriend's shown up on our top secret stakeout?" "Uh, why would I, Major? In fact, tell him all about us if you want. The more the merrier!"

I can't be patient

The only patience I have is ME being admitted to Shady Acres Mental Hospital.

and I don't want to ship backwards! :mad

Ships aren't supposed to go backwards!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny
              I empathize with you...I'd been looking forward to reading this story ever since you started talking about it. I was really excited when Sally found it. After I read what was there I thought, "BCM is going to be bummed." I sure hope it gets finished soon. It is a really good fic. Poor Ship Daddy. Better have some of Ship Nana's cookies. They always do the trick.
              Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                I also thought it would be funny if Sam were still seeing Pete (please NO!!!) and Pete somehow stumbled across the AU Jack and Sam in a compromising situation.
                THIS One I am ROFL over...that would be too funny.......
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  S
                  P
                  O
                  I
                  L
                  E
                  R
                  S
                  P
                  A
                  C
                  E

That could work as another way to bring some ship into the early season without making Sam look bad. Nothing like seeing the possibilities when you're facing down the big issues in life.

Actually, there is another way they could go with the AU idea. What if the AU Sam chose Pete and wasn't happy? That could have an even bigger impact. Pete is the current option on the table. Not as much fun to watch, but it could effectively shatter the dream of a happy, normal life with Pete.
                  Now this could DEFINITELY work for me...and TPTB and appease AT and DDL about working together AND NOT be real.........I really think this is the way to go....add into the mix all that he did before and Bye Bye
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S
                    P
                    A
                    C
                    E

This would have an emotional impact-AU Sam comes through the mirror, realizes this Sam is still seeing Pete, and takes her to the side, "We have to talk." Even though I do like this idea and would have enjoyed an ep like this, after reading other posts I've changed my mind about portraying Pete as the bad guy. In this situation, Sam would be given the negative details about Pete and drop him for these reasons instead of dropping him because she realizes Jack is really the one for her. I think it would be more satisfying if Jack became the man is Sam's life for who he is and not just because Pete is evil.

For Sally, Tame, and the others out there (you know who you are): I am deeply sorry for using the P-word so much. Forgive me?
                    Tasha

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Hey gang,
                      I've been working like a Jaffa slave and just got a chance to catch up on all the posts == I'll say it again, this is a prolific bunch of shippers. Got a little discouraged from some of the posts -- some actually had me in despair, and dare I say, questioning the future of our fav twosome. By the time I got to the end, I was feeling a tad more optimistic. I'll also try to remain a little logical -- all great classical literature seems to require obstacles for their hero and heroine to overcome... supposedly this plot device brings them closer together (Sense and Sensibility, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice) Hey, if TPTB read this, maybe they'll be so tickled to see themselves grouped with "great literature" that they'll bring our much needed resolution along quicker. Anyway, P is simply the short term obstacle that our couple needs to overcome so that there will be NO MORE EXCUSES.....probably need some of Nana's cookies now, always get hungry when I'm anxious....

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        I think the only thing that will get to Sam is if Jack finds a girlfriend.Can anyone say Laira.All of Jack's Brushes with Death have not done the trick.Sam is too comfortable in thinking Jack will wait for her forever.
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again...

NO LOVE SQUARE!!
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

first, to reply to stuff from the last thread:

1) Tame, if I say it can be done, it can be done! never question that! TPTB will bend to my will! bwah-hahahahaha

2) hey, if the Fab 5 say it...

boy, I go away for a day and we've got a new thread...btw, this is the S/J shipper thread VII...can we fix this on the next one? mods?

<chanting and dancing (with great difficulty and not so gracefully) in my ceremonial serpent guard outfit> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                            I'm sorry, Tame. I just couldn't resist.

Does anyone else rewatch the episodes trying to catch "special" moments between Jack and Sam? I ask this because my husband thinks I'm overly obsessive about them and wants to have me committed.
                            yup! I do it all the time...I'm a very loyal shipper and I love catching things I missed the first time. Nothing abnormal about it (cause we all do it ;~)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I love the AU concept. I would love them both to actually see a reality where both their AU selves are alive and happily married. Maybe with a kid or two and they can see what they're missing and Sam will drop Pete like a hot potato (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and they'll live happily ever after. Whew, the optimism just came pouring out. I just watched Love Actually and am in a romantic daze.
                              One kid... the little girl from Grace
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                I think she senses an attraction between Jack and herself but as we all feel there has been so much time in between that I think that is where her insecurity takes over.

I agree. They kept it in the room too well.

She can't help her feelings she shows for Jack because they are automatic, natural, she is leading with her heart; unlike with Pete where she is leading with her head.

Ooh, I just got goose bumps.<g> I *really* like the way you put that!

I think that is why we still get the shippy moments between her and Jack.

*nods*

Actually because they do lead with their heads, in their totally logical way of thinking Pete is the excuse they need to take the pressure off of themselves and as a result of that they are subconsciously becoming closer on a natural level.

We are definitely simpatico on this! I really like the way you say things.

The frustrating part about all of this is once again we feel that this is going to be our last season and with every spoiler for each new episode we feel the hands of time ticking by for a proper resolution (at least that is the way I feel).

*sighs* Yes!

When I hear Pete will be back again I look at it as wasted time when I could be watching the great team adventures along with a wonderful romance between Jack and Sam.

YES! All this self discovery and self analysis should be between Sam and Jack, not bf of the month! Oh, please, let there be fireworks at the end, not a small putter of smoke!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X