Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya know, for the last few pages, every time i got to the end of a page here, another one was already up. (thats not a joke)

ok kids, here, once again, are my poorly articulated and poorly thought out theories and so on.

what i would like to see for the following season as regards the sam & jack relationship is something like this.
    i want sam to dump the chump. this really doesn't have much (in my opinion) to do with how it affects her relationship with jack (yet). the fact is i really don't think pete is good for sams character. the many reasons for this, i will not go into here, because its not the thread for it.

as for sam and jack when pete (eeww) is still on the scene. i think sam is actually hoping she is getting over jack. she's fooling hereself into believing that just like she's fooling hereself into believing that pete is potentially a good thing for her future (she's wrong. very very wrong).
    sam carter is emotionally stupid. there. i said it.

what i want to see is, the same nice subtle ship that we had in seasons 1-3 and in early season 4 when they didn't realise how they really felt. they are now, as they were then, friends, who have feelings for each other but don't realise how the other one feels. and in sams case i don't think she actually knows how deep her own feeling run. she's probably got herself believing she has a crush. she and jack are the only ones who don't know how sam feels.

i kind of hope the start of the resolution will be somewhat similar to D&C and a hundred days (only more sudden than a hundred days from sams POV, where it was just sort of a confession). i hope they'll be so comfortable with their friendship, like in seasons 5,6 and the second half of season 7, that they don't even realise its happening. then suddenly something will happen that'll make them realise that sam still loves him. we'll be able to see it as love, like we always have. the non-shippers and anti-shippers can see it as friendship and think the change came out of nowhere like before. and on with the subtle background shippy relationship.

as for the second half of season 7. i think that the parts of death knell and heroes part 2 that we all know so well were just friendshippy. they have a "romantic" edge to it because of the history and chemistry between the two characters.
    i know theres more i wanted to say. i probably wanted to say what i did say differently than i did , buutt, i'm a moron...

any way. off i go. to read the other two pages that have probably been posted in the extaordinary time it took me to type this nonsense! mwah!

Comment

To All my shipper friends....

Here is a special video..A story..You should love what I've done with it..Watch out for the end...Hopefully , this will keep your shipper heart happy.

Video 28 "please remember" LeAnn Rimes .....Jack must say Good bye to Sam ...but.....

Click on my sig below to access my website.

Enjoy

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Here is a special video..A story..You should love what I've done with it..Watch out for the end...Hopefully , this will keep your shipper heart happy.

Video 28 "please remember" LeAnn Rimes .....Jack must say Good bye to Sam ...but.....

Enjoy

Caty aka ShipDiva
        WOW!!!! That gets my shipper heart beating again! I needed that!!! Thanks!! Great Job!!! I loved the song and clips, and it made me remember why I enjoy Sam and Jack together. Keep it up...pleeease!!!!

Token ~

Comment

I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            I just figured out why I couldn't remember how that fic, that Sally found for me, ended! It's a WIP

ARGGG

Stop laughing! it's not funny

ah nuts. i just remembered that i was in the proccess of reading it for the same reason. .....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              *clears throat*.... Do you, perchance, have a pic of said hubby that I could view? This would be for scientific reasons only you see.....

Sally
              No way, honey. He's mine and gonna stay that way.
              His eyes are blue, but the salt and pepper short hair and face shape are very similar. Just have a look at RDA in the white shirt and epaulets in The Changling (season six). The fire chief.

My guy is a pilot--white shirt and epaulets. Watch the episode and eat your heart out!

Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Enjoy

Caty aka ShipDiva
                Oh Caty....that is exactly the way I see them in my mind's eye!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  there are so many varying degrees of ship that it's guaranteed that nothing the show will do will keep everyone happy.

i know some shippers that want nothing less than a wedding on the ramp
                  others would be happy with a fishing invite acceptance and still others that would just be happy with a 'strong indication' that they'll get together.

we all vary on our degrees, but what unifies all 'us' is that we like the sam/jack relationship.
                  I think This was VERY well said.
                  As Sam & Jack Shippers our *collective* goal is that Sam & Jack be together in the end.
                  I am glad that normally ANYONE can talk about what degree of Sam & Jack they love to see on our thread, keeping in mind this is a PRO Sam & Jack Thread, (didn't want to be misunderstood there) and we all embrace each other when TPTB do something STUPID.....well like

The next two months are gonna wear on us and the speculation is going to be high.

So I am not sure what exactly to do here to raise some of these flagging spirits I am reading here. so I am going to use an old stand by
                  but with no negatives for the moment

Shippers Rule!!!!! Sam & Jack Forever!!!!!!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    WOOHOO!!
                    That's the fic!! *does Happy dance*... Now I can finish reading it in the morning and finally get it completely out of my head

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

and please thank everyone on the list that took the time to help

Yay! I'm so happy for ya, ship daddy! Like I said, I skimmed through it... but obviously I didn't skim enough. I'll pass along the thanks to the girl that gave me the link.

Sally *smiling big time*
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      Spoilers Chimera and Minor Spoiler for season 8
                      Belive me I harbor no warm and fuzzies towards Pete. And it sounds like there will be no discussion next season of his having followed her which really bugs me. I had hoped that he would be written out in the first couple of episodes since it was made oh so very apparent last season that Sam is still in love with Jack but, no, they're keeping him around. And I just don't think it's in character for Sam to be openly in love with Jack while persuing a serious relationship with someone else even if he is a schmuck.

This is what bothers me about Pete and Sam. One of the things I love about SG-1 is their integrity and loyalty. If Sam is seeing 'the other guy' and begins to realize it is a mistake, we need to see that thought process and eventual breakup. She is so honor bound and duty driven that breaking the regs with Jack doesn't occur to her, but leading one or more guys on at a time.... just doesn't do justice to Sam's character.

Shouldn't happen.

I want to see her decide to be true to her heart (Jack!) and honest with herself, Jack and 'the other guy.'

Happy
                      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Spoilers for Season 7 "Chimera"

Could not have said it better Happy.I guess Jack risking his life and saving the Planet again is not enough for Sam.Jack may need to start spying on Sam then Sam will fall head over heals for Jack.I am very down about the Sam and Jack ship right now and every spoiler that I hear does not help the situation.The first part of Season 8 sounds like the X-files.I loved the X-files but I do not want to see SG-1 turn into the X-Files.It also does not help when I hear rumors for Season 9.I just do not think RDA will be involved.Even if RDA is involved that's one more year of waiting to see what happens between Sam and Jack and I do not think I could take one more year.Joe M mentioned a big change for Jack.The big change for Jack is that Jack is going to have to watch Sam and Pete together for most of Season 8.I think the only thing that will get to Sam is if Jack finds a girlfriend.Can anyone say Laira.All of Jack's Brushes with Death have not done the trick.Sam is too comfortable in thinking Jack will wait for her forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          To Sally and All:

SNIP

I don't want to see the Sam/Pete/Jack love triangle and am frustrated that they even brought someone in for that specific purpose. Some people want ship, ship, and more ship and the regs and the fact that Sam is involved with someone else be damned, and people are certainly entitled to want that just as I am entitled to think that that goes against what made me love the show in the first place.

I believe this is the first spot of "controversy" we've had since the thread has been started. It's usually a happy shiny place where it's all about ship love but the latter half of season 7 have brought out a lot of strong feelings in people and I really hope that this can be a place where all people can express their opinions openly and honestly.

SNIP

I really don't think it makes me any less of a shipper just because my ideal of ship on the show is much more subtle than most.
                          Various spoilers for all ship in Season 7

S
                          H
                          I
                          P
                          S
                          H
                          I
                          P
                          S
                          H
                          I
                          P

I'm just piping up to (mostly) agree with you. I like the ship fairly subtle, then letting it build and build with great team eps in between. But I'm glad the PTB made it VERY CRYSTAL clear that they weren't dropping the S/J ship after Pete. I don't think any of the ship in Season 7 was too overt or too much by itself, but I do think all of it put together made for an incredibly shippy second half of the season - I mean almost every episode had ship, and even when Sam & Jack weren't in it, the ship was mentioned! I'm not saying this is a bad thing because I enjoyed every second of it, but I do think it became slightly unbalanced.

I don't think other aspects of the show 'suffered' purely because of the ship because well, it's not Sam & Jack's fault is it! It's just that the powers have decided to focus on it (finally), and RDA's schedule amongst other things make it difficult to have the whole team together all the time. So what we end up with is a lot of scenes with only two people - and Sam is often paired with Jack. I think it is perfectly acceptable for them to pick up a certain story thread - in this case the ship - and run with it for a while. It's just necessary to play it that way due to scheduling issues.

I think we'll find that the ship will take a back seat for a little while again (not too long hopefully and without dropping it completely) allowing the other relationships to take front-row centre. Evolution is a good example...that was mostly about Daniel and the Super soldiers. But there was a sprinkling of ship too - not too subtle, not too overt, but part of the story. I'd be happy with this kind of thing early in season 8, though they do need to address the Pete thing asap and there should b an acknowledgement of caring for each other after all this almost dying stuff.

I guess what I'm saying is that I love other aspects of the show too....all the other characters and their interaction, all the techno alien stuff etc and I find that if i'm not expecting the ship (ie. if its not in every ep or every second ep) I'm that much more excited when I see it. That's why Death Knell is absolutely my favourite moment of Season 7 because I was absolutely not expecting it....and it was soooooooooooo sweet. For some reason, in Heroes I was half expecting it and although it was more pronounced, it didn't affect me the same way as Death Knell (though I still loved it). Same goes for Lost City.

I don't think the ship is ruining other aspects of the show for me....next time there is a really good Jack/Daniel moment...or for example that Jack/Tealc moment in Lost City, I'll be even happier to see it. The reality is the show at the moment can't focus on all relationships and all storylines equally, which is why we are getting ship-heavy and ship-lite portions of the seasons. I can live with that.

Oh and for the record, I don't think Sam has done anything wrong, she's just confused. But Pete just complicates matters....don't like that development at all. Agent Barrett would have worked much better but still...

Anyway, I've said enough for the moment. I think we all know why the whole Pete thing is not a positive story line.

Sheesh, I need to go rest my typing fingers!

One more thing...

SAM & JACK ALL THE WAY

Comment

In regards to how Sam and Jack may "wake up":
                            (Possibilities in S8)

I've read there is a possibility of having another AU ep for S8. There hasn't been any information on it yet, so if they are going to do it, it would be in the latter part of the season. My thought is this...no one has seen alternate Sams and Jacks interact when they are a couple (except Daniel in TBFTGOG, but that was only for a few moments). Maybe they should have an AU where both Sam and Jack from the other reality come to "visit". I would be really interested in our Sam and Jack's reactions to seeing what they could have. I also think it would be interesting to see the AU Sam and Jack's reactions to seeing how "our" Sam and Jack are wasting their time by denying their feelings and prolonging the inevitable.

Just an idea...
                            Last edited by JSDT; 11 May 2004, 06:29 PM. Reason: spoiler space just in case (it could happen ya know!)
                            Tasha
                            JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I don't know who said it, but someone here did, that maybe TPTB didn't realize how terrible the P&%s character seemed to us. Not about the fact he's with Sam, but that they didn't have a clue that leaving Sam like he did, calling the FBI friend, following her etc. was so awful. They just thought they would figure out a way to have P&%s get to the stakeout and get hurt.
                              I've been thinking along that line a bit, too and it doesn't inspire confidence, believe me. And not just confidence for a desired Sam/Jack resolution, either. Even if I weren't a S/J shipper, would I want them to dream up a character like that for Sam. NO WAY. What else will happen that like that, in plots, or to other characters?

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                                In regards to how Sam and Jack may "wake up":

I've read there is a possibility of having another AU ep for S8. There hasn't been any information on it yet, so if they are going to do it, it would be in the latter part of the season. My thought is this...no one has seen alternate Sams and Jacks interact when they are a couple (except Daniel in TBFTGOG, but that was only for a few moments). Maybe they should have an AU where both Sam and Jack from the other reality come to "visit". I would be really interested in our Sam and Jack's reactions to seeing what they could have. I also think it would be interesting to see the AU Sam and Jack's reactions to seeing how "our" Sam and Jack are wasting their time by denying their feelings and prolonging the inevitable.

Just an idea...
                                I love the AU concept. I would love them both to actually see a reality where both their AU selves are alive and happily married. Maybe with a kid or two and they can see what they're missing and Sam will drop Pete like a hot potato (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and they'll live happily ever after. Whew, the optimism just came pouring out. I just watched Love Actually and am in a romantic daze.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X