Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are so many varying degrees of ship that it's guaranteed that nothing the show will do will keep everyone happy.

i know some shippers that want nothing less than a wedding on the ramp
    others would be happy with a fishing invite acceptance and still others that would just be happy with a 'strong indication' that they'll get together.

we all vary on our degrees, but what unifies all 'us' is that we like the sam/jack relationship.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree, if anyone wants Jack and Sam together in any way, shape or form I think they should be included as a shipper. Me I would be happy with seeing a lot more romance between Jack and Sam, but I don't have to have a wedding. I think all of us are just frustrated because we have waited so long for any kind of a resolution and with the scare of this maybe being the last season it's waring on us. I also feel that I can somewhat understand why Sam and Jack are going through this because of who they are, I just feel that this all could have been done way back when when we were getting no ship, not now when this could be the end.

Ultimately we are shippers of many levels not only with a little or a lot but some feel more for Sam and some feel more for Jack.

I am really starting to think that TPTB never intended Pete to come off as badly as he did. For some reason I think they are acting as though we are building a mountain out of a molehill. Even though they have recognized it to some degree I kind of feel like it is in jest. The fact, as Shipperahoy has stated, that it doesn't seem like they are even going to address it next season also leads me to believe this. I think they intended for Pete to be just a guy who Sam gets involved with. Although, I now think that because of the "mountain" they think we have built, I'm not so sure he will stay just a guy who Sam gets involved with. Don't get me wrong I think that Pete has issues, bad ones, I'm just saying that I don't think that is what TPTB had intended. Again I guess we wait until season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        You know I think there is one thing that we are all missing, just because Sam is a brilliant scientist and always comes up with the right answers, does not mean that she is just as brilliant in relationships.
        This is soooo true. I'm sure we all know people who have book smarts but have difficulty with relationships and common sense.

Sam the warrior/scientist is a very confident, strong, self-assured type person, unlike Sam the person who is not so confident. Looking back her relationship with her father, brother, and Mr. Hanson were not the greatest. I think she is really on unfamiliar ground with Jack.
        I agree here too. Sam has not been very lucky with relationships and I don't mean the Black Widow issue. Her mom died while she was young. Her Dad was in the military and I'll bet hardly ever home. I'll bet when she met Hanson she was very needy of affection and went with the first person that was there and showed her any.

And then there is . Once again someone who shows her affection who is within reach for her. She doesn't dig really deep with her relationships or she would have seen Hanson for what he was and for what he is. Or maybe she doesn't dig deep because she is afraid of what she might find and doesn't want to lose the attention or what she thinks of as love.

I think she senses an attraction between Jack and herself but as we all feel there has been so much time in between that I think that is where her insecurity takes over. She can't help her feelings she shows for Jack because they are automatic, natural, she is leading with her heart; unlike with Pete where she is leading with her head. I think that is why we still get the shippy moments between her and Jack She feels so much for Jack that I almost feel she is afraid to say anything to him in the way of a conversation because it might jeopardize what she has with him now (if that makes any sense). Unless of course it is a life threatening event and then at least she makes the attempt ( I think anyway since we didn't hear it). Sam thinks with a logical brain and she is confused with the way her heart is feeling for Jack, she thinks it is wrong ,which it is regulation wise, and she is trying to change it with Pete.

Jack is also having a hard time between heart and mind with Sam. It kind of amazes me that Jack hasn't tried to get over Sam with someone else (and I don't mean 100 days because that was long ago). I think this is where "the not real life applies" because RDA has a limited schedule they don't want to waste him with someone else when he is already needed in so many other areas. Remember too this is TV we don't get to see them on normal days, normal routines, we see the missions. Both of them are thinking with their heads and the moments that we see as shippy is their hearts coming through. Actually because they do lead with their heads, in their totally logical way of thinking Pete is the excuse they need to take the pressure off of themselves and as a result of that they are subconsciously becoming closer on a natural level.

The frustrating part about all of this is once again we feel that this is going to be our last season and with every spoiler for each new episode we feel the hands of time ticking by for a proper resolution (at least that is the way I feel). I just hope that TPTB don't leave too little time for the resolution. When I hear Pete will be back again I look at it as wasted time when I could be watching the great team adventures along with a wonderful romance between Jack and Sam.
        Well said! By the way where have you been hiding with these wonderful insights?
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          To Sally and All:

I'm sorry if some of my posts have depressed some of you but the fact is even among shippers there are varying degrees of shippiness.
          You don't need to apologize. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in my opinion.

I don't think it makes me any less of a shipper that I like other aspects of the show and feel that they have suffered lately because of the way the writers handled the ship last season.
          You are right. It does not make you any less of a shipper. Just one thought though. Do you think that they started all of this because of RDA's reduced schedule? What I mean is, maybe if it wasn't for RDA's reduced schedule there wouldn't have been an emphasis on the single character episodes like we saw in Season 7. And because RDA was not around they were not able to have shows with those
          other aspects
          that we all love, such as the old team dynamics that we used to see in previous seasons. Just a thought.

(snip, snip)
          I believe this is the first spot of "controversy" we've had since the thread has been started. It's usually a happy shiny place where it's all about ship love but the latter half of season 7 have brought out a lot of strong feelings in people and I really hope that this can be a place where all people can express their opinions openly and honestly.
          Oh every family has a little
          controversy
          from time to time. It keeps things spiced up.

We still are a
          happy shiny place
          (Ship Nana throws shipper cookies to all shippers).
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            You are right. It does not make you any less of a shipper. Just one thought though. Do you think that they started all of this because of RDA's reduced schedule? What I mean is, maybe if it wasn't for RDA's reduced schedule there wouldn't have been an emphasis on the single character episodes like we saw in Season 7. And because RDA was not around they were not able to have shows with those that we all love, such as the old team dynamics that we used to see in previous seasons. Just a thought.
            I think that it's very much because of RDA's reduced schedule. I think that if RDA had been still working full time during last season when they decided to go shippy than there would have been much more team moments and Jack interacting with characters other than Sam. It just seems that they haven't figured out a way to write in the overt ship while still writing good team storys and good parts for the other characters. And one thing I've picked up from lurking on the anti-ship thread is that I've started to wonder if, to a certain degree, there was a conscious decision to cut back on the Jack/Daniel friendship this season but that's a discussion for a whole 'nother thread.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I think what also frustrates us shippers is that there is no communication. I don't only mean between Jack and Sam but we could at least get a peek into what they are feeling if say Jack would talk to Teal'c and Sam maybe to Daniel. All we have to go on is looks, stares, hugs, and a lot of alternate realities and then when we think that we know what is going on, in walks Pete and we realize that we have no idea. Frustration to the max. Then we dig into where the story has taken us and we try to analyze what is going on, rationalize why they are doing it, and then decide what we want them to do about it, all along many pit falls for frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Video 27 dedicated to HailDorothy aka linda

"What a wonderful life that would be" (Sam Cook's) ..VERY FUNNY...

Jack wants to show Sam he can be very smart..Hummmm.

Just in case the last title is unclear ..it's says "WOHOOO we 're in the lift ALONE..She's so hot" You'll understand when you watch the video ..Have fun.

Click on my link below to access my website.

Enjoy

Caty
                I have just watched your video Caty and OMG it was such a good one . I loved the clips you used, had me laughing so much. And the thoughts were a great idea.
                Can't wait till the second part .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Maybe it just hit me at an off-moment, but I'm not thrilled at the possibility of a season 9 (according to a new thread, Greenberg and Hammer are talking about one seriously). At least, not from either a (1) Jack, or (2) Sam-Jack perspective. It's just keeping the barriers too long; any relationship either has to move forward or cool down, and I think a new season would be the death knell for the relationship. Plus, Jack-lite/Jack-less is not really doing it for me.

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                    Maybe it just hit me at an off-moment, but I'm not thrilled at the possibility of a season 9 (according to a new thread, Greenberg and Hammer are talking about one seriously). At least, not from either a (1) Jack, or (2) Sam-Jack perspective. It's just keeping the barriers too long; any relationship either has to move forward or cool down, and I think a new season would be the death knell for the relationship. Plus, Jack-lite/Jack-less is not really doing it for me.
                    It wouldn't have to be the end of the relationship... especially if RDA "retires" then so could Jack

But I agree I'm not really looking forward to a s9

Hopefully Atlantis will pick up the slack, and I'm really hoping they'll make some SG-1 movies/mini-series.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                      Maybe it just hit me at an off-moment, but I'm not thrilled at the possibility of a season 9 (according to a new thread, Greenberg and Hammer are talking about one seriously). At least, not from either a (1) Jack, or (2) Sam-Jack perspective. It's just keeping the barriers too long; any relationship either has to move forward or cool down, and I think a new season would be the death knell for the relationship.
                      I agree. The only way I would see it working from a ship perspective is if RDA stuck to his guns and declined to do another season as a series regular. Then Jack could retire and still show up every now and then when RDA's schedule allows a guest stint. Still not sure that would be good for the show as the reduced screen time thing hasn't really been doing it for me either, but it isn't gonna be a creative choice that ends this show. It's business and as long as the ratings are there....
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        It wouldn't have to be the end of the relationship... especially if RDA "retires" then so could Jack

But I agree I'm not really looking forward to a s9

Hopefully Atlantis will pick up the slack, and I'm really hoping they'll make some SG-1 movies/mini-series.
                        I strongly agree with you!
                        I would really prefer SG-1 movies/mini-series to a Season 9. Would rather see Jack, Sam and the old team back together doing it right for 90 minutes every now and then, than every week for 20 weeks doing it so-so and Jack light or no Jack at all.
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          I strongly agree with you!
                          I would really prefer SG-1 movies/mini-series to a Season 9. Would rather see Jack, Sam and the old team back together doing it right for 90 minutes every now and then, than every week for 20 weeks doing it so-so and Jack light or no Jack at all.
                          I would be happy with that if the Sam/Jack resolution were done at the end of Season 8 and not wait for movie/mini-series which could never happen.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I would be happy with that if the Sam/Jack resolution were done at the end of Season 8 and not wait for movie/mini-series which could never happen.
                            I thought that was a given especially considering what thread we're in
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Ok, Ship Daddy, thanks for the reminder! It's stormy weather here, and I've been in a ship depression so thanks for lifting my spirits.

Token ~

Comment

Yes, I also thought that was understood. Sorry for the confusion.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X