X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auralan
    (snip, snip)
    How do they deal with suddenly being over a line they'd carefully avoided crossing in the past? That's the kind of tension that could really go somewhere good.
    Couldn't agree with you more!! Wouldn't it be interesting if they cross that emotional line without even realizing it?! Then when Pete is out of the picture they take a look around and Uh Oh, the point of no return.

Oh yeah, works for me baby!!!
    Ship Nana

Comment

You know I think there is one thing that we are all missing, just because Sam is a brilliant scientist and always comes up with the right answers, does not mean that she is just as brilliant in relationships. Sam the warrior/scientist is a very confident, strong, self-assured type person, unlike Sam the person who is not so confident. Looking back her relationship with her father, brother, and Mr. Hanson were not the greatest. I think she is really on unfamiliar ground with Jack. I think she senses an attraction between Jack and herself but as we all feel there has been so much time in between that I think that is where her insecurity takes over. She can't help her feelings she shows for Jack because they are automatic, natural, she is leading with her heart; unlike with Pete where she is leading with her head. I think that is why we still get the shippy moments between her and Jack She feels so much for Jack that I almost feel she is afraid to say anything to him in the way of a conversation because it might jeopardize what she has with him now (if that makes any sense). Unless of course it is a life threatening event and then at least she makes the attempt ( I think anyway since we didn't hear it). Sam thinks with a logical brain and she is confused with the way her heart is feeling for Jack, she thinks it is wrong ,which it is regulation wise, and she is trying to change it with Pete.

Jack is also having a hard time between heart and mind with Sam. It kind of amazes me that Jack hasn't tried to get over Sam with someone else (and I don't mean 100 days because that was long ago). I think this is where "the not real life applies" because RDA has a limited schedule they don't want to waste him with someone else when he is already needed in so many other areas. Remember too this is TV we don't get to see them on normal days, normal routines, we see the missions. Both of them are thinking with their heads and the moments that we see as shippy is their hearts coming through. Actually because they do lead with their heads, in their totally logical way of thinking Pete is the excuse they need to take the pressure off of themselves and as a result of that they are subconsciously becoming closer on a natural level.

The frustrating part about all of this is once again we feel that this is going to be our last season and with every spoiler for each new episode we feel the hands of time ticking by for a proper resolution (at least that is the way I feel). I just hope that TPTB don't leave too little time for the resolution. When I hear Pete will be back again I look at it as wasted time when I could be watching the great team adventures along with a wonderful romance between Jack and Sam.

Comment

why do you guys ship anyway?
        And none of that they were made for each other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
          Then again, you must be old enough to have fathered all these little shippers...what are you, 253?
          Something like that give or take 232 years.

I'm hoping the long lifespan is due to being a Jaffa, not a goa'uld

Or a tokra.
          Never gou'ald, nor Tok'ra, possibly Jaffa but I'm not telling
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            IMO this maybe why TPTB are using Pete. Obviously, Jack and Sam can't have their little talk because at this time they both have to much to lose. Therefore, TPTB are having Sam and Jack actually have parts of their little talk but because there is a BF they are safe. Safe from the regs, and Sam can explore Jack's feelings about marriage, kiddlets, and whether he would consider retiring etc.

This is also a safety issue for Sam. She can get some answers from Jack while still protecting her heart. If Jack is answering hypothetical questions then Sam won't feel that he is rejecting her outright if he gives an answer she can't live with.

So in other words, they get to explore their relationship without getting to explore THEIR relationship.
            Yes, I like the way you put that.

I want the same thing. However, the angst and shippy parts do not have to overwhelm the show. I love all the relationships of the characters and I don't want the S/J ship to take over either. A touch, a look, a comment, a stare, a moment of shippiness is all I want the during the first half of the season. Just enough to keep it alive. The touch, look, comment, etc. should gradually build in tension until we get our ship conclusion somewhere just before the end.

Meanwhile, I just want to enjoy the (reportedly) last season with all of the elements that have made it a great show. One qualification though, I absolutely could not live thru another Ch.. ch.. ch (can't stop stuttering) oh well you know the name of the episode I can't say.
            Yes I agree. I just want to enjoy the last season, with everything that I've come to love about the show in it.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              Actually because they do lead with their heads, in their totally logical way of thinking Pete is the excuse they need to take the pressure off of themselves and as a result of that they are subconsciously becoming closer on a natural level.
              Yes, that's what I've been saying.

The frustrating part about all of this is once again we feel that this is going to be our last season and with every spoiler for each new episode we feel the hands of time ticking by for a proper resolution (at least that is the way I feel). I just hope that TPTB don't leave too little time for the resolution. When I hear Pete will be back again I look at it as wasted time when I could be watching the great team adventures along with a wonderful romance between Jack and Sam.
              I know it's disheartening, but I with the way they had TLC written it seems that they DO want to end the show with a happy S/J ending, so I'm very positive about their be a resolution, and after the back and forth we just had, I'm hopeful that it wont be that disapointing, and maybe even satisfying.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

They have to give us our happy shippy ending! Much as I love Stargate, if they mess up the S/J stuff, it will leave a sour taste in my mouth.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                  Actually, I'm pretty sure some of the people here do believe that "they were made for each other stuff".

Personally I saw chemistry between the two actors from day one and I thought they looked good together. I think they would be good for eachother in a romantic relationship and I want them both to be happy and I think they could do that for eachother.

I also like a side helping of romance with my Scifi and J/S fit that nicely.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    Actually, I'm pretty sure some of the people here do believe that "they were made for each other stuff".

Personally I saw chemistry between the two actors from day one and I thought they looked good together. I think they would be good for eachother in a romantic relationship and I want them both to be happy and I think they could do that for eachother.

I also like a side helping of romance with my Scifi and J/S fit that nicely.
                    Very well said, BCM. I agree totally that the chemistry was there from the start.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      ok kids i got my new dvd today. watched Chimera with the commentary, and i thought SOME people here might be interested to hear a few bits and pieces.

first off, damian kindler gave two definitions for the word one of which involved the following phrase:
                      " the fleeting dream of love, that comes in and out of carters life but doesn't stay."

BUT! before we get too excited over that one. he also said, during the icky bedroom scene, eeww;
                      (vague spoilers for season 8)

"the character of pete will be coming back in season 8. the relationship will take its next logical step"

BUT! on the funny side of things he did continuously refer to him as a stalker (in a jokey way).
                      example:
                      "nothing like being stalked by the guy your dating eh? its romantic!. its modern..."

then in the end when talking about the episode thats in the works for him to come back:
                      "the episode is tentatively titled, pete comes back and he's still a really nice guy... and no longer stalks..."

So there ya go. thought i should keep our little shipper comminity informed.
                      This is replying to a post from quite a way back in the thread but i'm trying to catch up with everything I missed, you people must be on here 24/7 there are so many posts!!

Anyway, I really don't want to see come back and some of the things Damien said scares me a little I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that by 'next logical step' he means that Sam is going to throw out the stalking sack of potatoes, and run to Jack and ask him to forgive her

*Desperate shipper, who wants to get lost!!! or get killed..or to get dumped by Sam who confesses that she is in love with Jack! *

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

This is a thread for shippers to talk about ship. You have made a couple of posts that have made it readily apparent that you are definately not a shipper. If you really would like to discuss ship and why we like it there is a Ship Discussion thread in this folder created for that very purpose.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

To Sally and All:

I'm sorry if some of my posts have depressed some of you but the fact is even among shippers there are varying degrees of shippiness. I don't think it makes me any less of a shipper that I like other aspects of the show and feel that they have suffered lately because of the way the writers handled the ship last season. It's my opinion and my opinion alone. I don't want to see the Sam/Pete/Jack love triangle and am frustrated that they even brought someone in for that specific purpose. Some people want ship, ship, and more ship and the regs and the fact that Sam is involved with someone else be damned, and people are certainly entitled to want that just as I am entitled to think that that goes against what made me love the show in the first place.

I believe this is the first spot of "controversy" we've had since the thread has been started. It's usually a happy shiny place where it's all about ship love but the latter half of season 7 have brought out a lot of strong feelings in people and I really hope that this can be a place where all people can express their opinions openly and honestly.

Sally, I'm sorry that you're starting to feel that you're on the wrong thread but I really don't think it makes me any less of a shipper just because my ideal of ship on the show is much more subtle than most.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            To Sally and All:

I really don't think it makes me any less of a shipper just because my ideal of ship on the show is much more subtle than most.
                            Me too, shipperahoy, I'm with subtle as well.

I still like to play fluffy sometimes, and I dislike with a passion....

Comment

They were made for each other.

Comment

Spoilers Chimera and Minor Spoiler for season 8
                                Belive me I harbor no warm and fuzzies towards Pete. And it sounds like there will be no discussion next season of his having followed her which really bugs me. I had hoped that he would be written out in the first couple of episodes since it was made oh so very apparent last season that Sam is still in love with Jack but, no, they're keeping him around. And I just don't think it's in character for Sam to be openly in love with Jack while persuing a serious relationship with someone else even if he is a schmuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X