This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Oh, you can still watch! *pats back* I'll even set up a drool bucket for you, hon.

Awwww that brought a tear to my eye

I didn't mean it! The shock therapy made me do it!

It's ok, I understand.

Shock therapy'll make you do that... and having no will power, but who needs will power when you can have Will Riker!? Oops, wrong show.
    Isn't the therapy supposed to keep you AWAY from the spoilers?

Guess it didn't quite work....hey I know! We could read all the spoilers we want and then just get the Ancients to zap our memories right before the episode!

I'm liking this solution (esp since I seem to spoil them like an hour before they air )

They'd make something of him alright, but the end result would have PS walking real funny.
    OMG that is toooooooooo funny! I'm LMAO!

But Sally, that is no way to talk about the former vice president...

Comment

But how's it making Sam look bad? I'm assuming you're referring to Sam?
      Yes Sam, see post 71 if you haven't already...

there's a chance we'll be getting some more of those ship intense moments in the first half of S8, so... would you leave them out if you were a writer?
      I certinly wouldn't build them up, not at this point. If the plan is to have Sam come to a slow realization that she wants Jack then having lots of Angsty-Long looks NOW makes her look wishy-washy and pathetic IMO and I really don't want to see Sam that way.

but your 'either/or' approach means that we wouldn't have gotten some of THE best S/J ship scenes I've ever seen.
      I'M NOT saying either/or I'm saying 'Pete/Jack-friendship' or 'No Pete/Jack-RST'

I still can't forget what we've gotten since Chimera. I'd rather turn the show off than be without those lovely and intense S/J scenes that we've gotten from Chimera on.
      What I'm saying is if I had been in charge I would have toned the scenes down a bit... if you'd never seen the versions that have already played you'd have been very happy with them... BUT I'm not saying that I'd go back and change them NOW. Now that they've aired I don't want to loose them either. But if they don't put LOTS of angsty scenes in first-half-s8, if they tone it down to scenes like The Jello Scene I would be happy.

I'm not saying 'do away with' I'm saying make it more friendshippy between S/J for the first half of s7, then IMO from the easy comfortable relationship that they would enjoy as the very good friends that they are it would be a very easy sell to move them into a romantic relationship.

Those shippy scenes from Death Knell on are NOT her cheating on PS
      I NEVER said it was!!

IMO that scene is a great friendshippy moment and I think it shows their friendship off in a great light.

If PS has any importance at all, it's that he's there to show Sam that it's Jack that she truly wants and needs.
      I agree.

Yeah, if you're only trying to show that they're friends solely. They're not. How would it make any sense if there were no UST between them while she's with PS, then she dumps him and suddenly the UST is back. How would that make any sense, especially for Sam and Jack's relationship?
      But RIGHT NOW all they are is friends. Right now they can't be anything more then friends. For the first half of the season I would like to see their friendship grow and deepen.

Maybe I'm being nieve, or maybe my minimal experience is showing but I've always felt that a good relationship usually has a friendship component, I'm not necessarily say friends first then love, just that at some point a very deep friendship forms, and I feel that in the case of Jack and Sam if they deepen their friendship in the first half of s8 then in the second half of the season it would seem more natural to make her angst over, and get rid of Pete and finally ending up with Jack ESPECIALLY if she's confused about what Jack's feelings are.

Which is what it sounds like they're going to do.

[quote]If they're comfortable, then how would we know they still have shippy feelings for one another?[quote]

How did you know in Proving Ground, when the Jello Scene came on? How did you know in Death Knell?

It's in their acting, the way they play the scenes.

[quote]If PS is still around, I want another S7 type of S/J ship. I can't live through another Chimera, and I can't live through a toned down and strictly friendship type scenario between Sam and Jack till she dumps him.[quote]

Don't think of friendship as a bad thing. For S/J I've always seen friendship as that step where they have to wait until they can 'be more'. And while they're being "just close friends" there is so much that could be explored between them that we would otherwise have to wait until much later.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Spoilers Season 8
        I'll probably get tons of flak for this and might even get asked to turn in my Shipper membership card, but if they are going to keep Pete around (and it appears he and Sam will be involved at least until episode 8) then I don't think they should still have outright ship between Sam and Jack. It undermines the characters credibility to be involved and even talking about having kids with one guy and still (and I'm going to even borrow an anti-shipper phrase here because that's how strongly I feel about it) be making "googly-eyes" at Jack. I like ship but I don't need romantic drama. I like subtle ship and I don't need Pete as the "romantic foil". It's completely unnecessary. I was perfectly content with subtle ship and the regs as the obstacle they needed to overcome I don't need the token boyfriend too. And that's how I see Pete. I don't for one second believe that they brought Pete in as a legitimate love interest. Not from the interviews and commentaries from various crew.

If they are going to have Pete still be involved with Sam for the first half of the season then it's an excellent opportunity for more team episodes and to give Daniel and Teal'c some good storylines and bring back more of the Jack/Daniel friendship that was sorely lacking in the last half of season 7 instead of these shippy moments with Sam and Jack that we know can lead abso-friggin-lutely nowhere while Pete is in the picture.

(Waiting for BCM to disagree with me)

Hi Shipperahoy.

I can definatly tell that you lurkin in other threads ..won't mention which one ...Good for you .

I agree in a way that we don't want Jack and Sam to be all lovey when Sam is still going out with Pete ...but I'd love to see some Angst between the 2 of them like it appears they are having a hardtime to deal with the situation...on Sam's part and I also want to see a bit of frustration on Jack's part......ALL that until episode 8 where she dumps Pete.

Caty

Comment

Brian... I think you've been spending too much time with the anti-shippers.

We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.
          Why couldn't you have said that before I started replying to your last post... I suppose it is my fault I should have read to the end of the thread before I replied to it
          *sigh*
          ~BCM =)

Comment

Aunt Sally, I adore you! Mom and Dad were making me feel all guilty for wanting ship no matter what and no matter how bad it made Sam look. I'm just so frustrated! I don't wanna be realistic anymore! I don't care about characterization. I can't be patient and I don't want to ship backwards!

Forward, forward! Love, love! Die , die!

btw, you shipper people are machines, animals, maniacs... and absolutely fabulous! We all must be suffering big time "new ep" withdrawal because we ate up thread 1 like it was one of Nana's cookies. Mmmmm, Nana's cookies. It's like Delphi on crack. I can't get enough, I'm totally addicted, but it has been so hard to keep up! I so love the interesting debates, the passion, the humor and love on this thread.

((((((((((shippers))))))))))

Long live the shipper thread! But gee, slow down.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              *sigh* Teenagers!

The thing that bothers me the most about having Angst-Shippy moments with Jack while she's seeing Pete is that it makes it look like Sam's using Pete for sex.

She hasn't gotten any in 7 years and she can't have Jack so she'll just use Pete until Jack's available... I know -- or at least I hope that's not what's going on, but that's the way it seems to me, and I don't want it to seem like that.

And the only way it won't seem like she's using Pete is if she isn't having lots of Angst-Shippy moments with Jack IMO.

And yes I know some of you are thinking so what if she uses Pete he's just a _________ (fill in your favorite insult), but the Sam I know wouldn't use anyone for any reason and I'd rather not see her start.

What you said is excatly what I thought but I think she is doing it through Frustation and confusion .She used pete for Sex or it appears to be cuz she can't have Jack. I mean she waited 6 years for Jack , and now she is thinking that may be she should move on ...cuz nothing will happen between her and Jack because of the regs...How sad that

She can't wait forever or I think she thinks she can't ...but really before she started seing Pete , she could have talked to Jack about of a possible future they may have once he's retired..bla bla bla ...Jack was upset in the elevator just before he left her ...he is happy for her but it hurts him too ...this situation.The most dificult for him is : he is not allowed to show anything because he is her superior. and I think he's showing signs of real frustration about that right now.

I WANT SHIPPY ANGST BETWEEN SAM AND JACK IN THE FIRST PART OF SEASON 8...as much as possible ...Confusion, frustration ...on both side so that they are forced to take action and talk to General Hammond or the president about it . I think only General Hammond could understand them and the president respects him and SG1 lots..Therefore I reckon , this could be the only solution ...let them act on their feelings , but obviuosly the condition could be ..they will not be able to work together anymore..Hummmm.

I would much prefer to see Sam and jack stranded on a planet first for a long time(long enough for them to start a relationship) ...then being saved ..and then deal with the regs...This case should be much easy to handle cuz Sam and Jack are only humans and when you think this is your new life ...then you go for it ...specially when you love each other.

caty aka ShipDiva.

Comment

WOOHOO!!
                That's the fic!! *does Happy dance*... Now I can finish reading it in the morning and finally get it completely out of my head

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

and please thank everyone on the list that took the time to help

~BCM =)

Comment

WOOHOO!!
                  That's the fic!! *does Happy dance*... Now I can finish reading it in the morning and finally get it completely out of my head

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
                  Congratulations!!!

You've been looking for that fic for AGES.......since ages before we moved from Delphi!

Glad you finally found it (though I was absolutely no help in that department.......). Go Morjana!

Meanwhile, as an aside, doesn't everybody think it's much easier to keep track of who everyone is on this forum? I find now that everyone has sigs, I recognise them more, even the less regular posters (like me...I think I count as less regular, the past few days aside). In the old forum I found I often read through the thread so quickly I didn't take in who the posts were from.

Comment

Yes tone down... Do RDA and AT really need 'special lighting' and long drawn out moments to show they have chemistry? Hell no. They ooze chemistry
                    I think it would be pretty funny if Jack walks into Carter's lab, where she's
                    holding a beaker and some test tubes. Jack just does that questioning
                    quirky smile thing, and she looks at him, waits a beat, holds up the beaker,
                    and says, "Chemistry!"

OK. Maybe not.

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                    appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                    full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                    in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Spoliers for Season 7 "Chimera" "Heroes" and "Lost City"

I think after almost losing Daniel and losing Janet that would have been the last straw for Sam.It is an insult to Jack for Sam to still be with Pete.What is the point of Sam saying please Jack and having all the ship scences at the end of S7 then not do anything to be with him after Jack recovers.If Pete does come back and the episode is anything like Chimera TPTB run the risk of losing me as a fan.I will not put up with another Chimera.I love the Sam and Jack friendship moments but after 7 years I do not want to just see friendship in the begining of season 8.It is already established that they are friends.I never though the other planets and the aliens whould be more believable than the Sam and Jack ship.

Comment

I'm not saying 'do away with' I'm saying make it more friendshippy between S/J for the first half of s7, then IMO from the easy comfortable relationship that they would enjoy as the very good friends that they are it would be a very easy sell to move them into a romantic relationship.
                        I have always believed the friendship scenes to be an integral part of
                        shippitude. I *love* the S&J friendship, and hope TPTB keep showing it.
                        I agree with you here 100%. IMO friendship (especially easy, casual,
                        comfortable friendship) can easily lead to the romance many of us want.

... just that at some point a very deep friendship forms, and I feel that in the case of Jack and Sam if they deepen their friendship in the first half of s8 then in the second half of the season it would seem more natural to make her angst over, and get rid of Pete and finally ending up with Jack ESPECIALLY if she's confused about what Jack's feelings are.
                        I think after all this time Jack already has a deep friendship with Sam.
                        Maybe it's not the other way around. Sam still seems tentative, as, after all,
                        he's still he Commanding Officer, and currently, there's no way around it.

Anyway, I want them to keep playing with this. Just as long as we get the
                        "adult conversation" *and more* by the end of the season! Banter is
                        much more preferable to totally ignoring each other.

But I don't think there's a chance in hell we'll get such a conversation if
                        Sam is *not* comfortable with Jack around.

Egads! BCM is making sense!!!!

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                        appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                        full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                        in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Maybe I'm being nieve, or maybe my minimal experience is showing but I've always felt that a good relationship usually has a friendship component, I'm not necessarily say friends first then love, just that at some point a very deep friendship forms, and I feel that in the case of Jack and Sam if they deepen their friendship in the first half of s8 then in the second half of the season it would seem more natural to make her angst over, and get rid of Pete and finally ending up with Jack ESPECIALLY if she's confused about what Jack's feelings are.

I think me bcmilco is wise beyond his years...at least compared to most of the males I know. Most don't work that out until...well never. Although girls seem to have it figured out by 20...

Then again, you must be old enough to have fathered all these little shippers...what are you, 253?

I'm hoping the long lifespan is due to being a Jaffa, not a goa'uld

Or a tokra.

Comment

I'm mostly a lurker, and rarely post, but I check Gateworld-- and this thread everyday.

I was here yesterday when the "S/J Shipper Thread I" was still going strong. I get here today and

WOW S/J Shipper Thread II is already up to page five!

What an enthusiatic group we are!

<<happy sigh, and return to lurkdom>>>

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              What you said is excatly what I thought but I think she is doing it through Frustation and confusion .She used pete for Sex or it appears to be cuz she can't have Jack. I mean she waited 6 years for Jack , and now she is thinking that may be she should move on ...
                              Have to disagree with you there Ship Diva. I don't think that Sam is using Pete in any way. I think that she is in love with the idea of Pete. That is of having an outside life. So in her mind she really is not using him she has convinced herself to believe.

cuz nothing will happen between her and Jack because of the regs...How sad that
                              IMO this maybe why TPTB are using Pete. Obviously, Jack and Sam can't have their little talk because at this time they both have to much to lose. Therefore, TPTB are having Sam and Jack actually have parts of their little talk but because there is a BF they are safe. Safe from the regs, and Sam can explore Jack's feelings about marriage, kiddlets, and whether he would consider retiring etc.

This is also a safety issue for Sam. She can get some answers from Jack while still protecting her heart. If Jack is answering hypothetical questions then Sam won't feel that he is rejecting her outright if he gives an answer she can't live with.

So in other words, they get to explore their relationship without getting to explore THEIR relationship.

I WANT SHIPPY ANGST BETWEEN SAM AND JACK IN THE FIRST PART OF SEASON 8...as much as possible ...Confusion, frustration ...on both side so that they are forced to take action and talk to General Hammond or the president about it .
                              I want the same thing. However, the angst and shippy parts do not have to overwhelm the show. I love all the relationships of the characters and I don't want the S/J ship to take over either. A touch, a look, a comment, a stare, a moment of shippiness is all I want the during the first half of the season. Just enough to keep it alive. The touch, look, comment, etc. should gradually build in tension until we get our ship conclusion somewhere just before the end.

Meanwhile, I just want to enjoy the (reportedly) last season with all of the elements that have made it a great show. One qualification though, I absolutely could not live thru another Ch.. ch.. ch (can't stop stuttering) oh well you know the name of the episode I can't say.

Oh yes, and I have added a special ingredient in my shipper cookies which will keep all shippers in a happy shipper mood! So eat up!!
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Vague season 8 spoilers ... maybe? Yea, I'm paranoid about spoiler space. Better safe than chased down with rusty pliers.
                                S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S
                                P
                                A
                                C
                                E
                                But RIGHT NOW all they are is friends. Right now they can't be anything more then friends. For the first half of the season I would like to see their friendship grow and deepen.

<snip> I feel that in the case of Jack and Sam if they deepen their friendship in the first half of s8 then in the second half of the season it would seem more natural to make her angst over, and get rid of Pete and finally ending up with Jack ESPECIALLY if she's confused about what Jack's feelings are.

I totally agree. This is exactly what I want to see and the direction I get the impression they're going with extending the whole Pete thing so far into the season. He gives them some wiggle room to explore the friendship without worrying as much about appearances. I expect that friendship growth to be important once Pete is out of the picture.

I'm not expecting to see overt ship in the first half of the season from Sam. She's trying the relationship thing. She's not the type to use somebody intentionally. She's giving it a real go because it is something she thinks she needs to do. At the same time, it's not all she thought it would be. She's doubting those choices. She's clearly confused on several levels as to her priorities in life, her feelings, Jack's feelings, and where she should go from there. She's asking a lot of big questions. If we see any overt ship in the first half, I expect it to be clarification of Jack's feelings. I don't think we're gonna get anything overtly shippy from Sam other than maybe coming to understand more about Jack's feelings.

Personally, I think it could be very interesting to see what happens once Pete's out of the picture. They're closer friends. Pete's no longer serving his role as a safe barrier. Then what? How do they deal with suddenly being over a line they'd carefully avoided crossing in the past? That's the kind of tension that could really go somewhere good.
                                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X