This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Gateworld has updated their front page, with a link to their newest spoilers for Affinity. Here's what it said...

(edited spoilers)

"Prompted by Teal'c's burgeoning love life, Carter, meanwhile, is having second thoughts about maintaining a committed relationship with Pete Shanahan ("Chimera"). Is it fair to him, she wonders, for her to put her life in danger exploring other planets? What about having children one day? Would she drop off her kids at day care before heading off-world?

It's not yet known whether or not Shanahan appears in "Affinity," though Carter's musings do lead to several conversations with her teammates."

Now, I was liking the 'second thoughts' part of that sentence, until I read further. Sam's wondering if it's fair to him. FAIR TO HIM!? Now, I know it's too early to freak out, but I don't like the way these spoilers have been written. Yes, I want her to have second thoughts about being with HIM, but not because she's worrried if it's being fair to him. Why worry, honey, he sure as heck didn't worry about being fair to you! K, I'm done venting, I'm off to see if I can finally attach a bloody picture to my sigline!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes I saw those spoilers, but I wouldn't be worried just yet.

It's too early.
      I'm still being positive
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I So, which one of them would be easier for you to take with an 'other'?

Sally
        I don't know if I could take either one with another
        but if I HAD to... I think I woulod have to agree with you Sally...Jack with another would have been easier..IF and I stress IF it had been done that way early on....... but I too identify with Sam and see Jack as the *ideal* and the *no touchy* would have made me do things different too.

BUT all that being said..I think I could have handled either one being with another had it been done very early on and the *ship* never persued.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          From the moment Jack's eyebrow cocked up in COTG when Sam said she had a Matt Masaon doll and would arm wrestle the "ship" was on....so I think it is safe to say we have waited a VERY LONG time
          Tame
          yup...showed my newest convert to S/J ship the pilot (the whole version <g>) its great...its so there from the beggining. Btw, does anyone ahve the commentary from COTG? cause I think that RDA might've ad libed the 'mr. half glass empty' guy line that Sam grins at...anyone?

and yes, the official ceremonial dancing and chanting has begun....in my ceremonial dress blues for the occassion (new forum stuff)
          Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            Season 8 Entirely Speculation:

I am torn between a Season 8 S/J resolution and wanting Season 9. What if the S/J resolution was done with a future episode? With a future episode (like '2010') or even ending the series with peek at where the characters will be in 10 to 15 years, it would give TPTB room to do a movie or more seasons. We would know that Sam and Jack were happily together and there would be room to write how it all came about. Am I just wanting my cake and eat it too?

as long as its for real and for certain...not a 'it could happen' timeline

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi

Comment

<takes a bow and keeps on dancing and chanting>

oops, the deleted message is mine...I posted this twice cause I thought it didn't post...lol, new system...
              Last edited by LtLisa; 01 May 2004, 10:18 PM. Reason: deleted post

~Imzadi

Comment

<hugs> I love my shipper family too!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  Btw, does anyone ahve the commentary from COTG? cause I think that RDA might've ad libed the 'mr. half glass empty' guy line that Sam grins at...anyone?
                  AFAIK they didn't do commentaries for the first 3 season at least my DVDs dont have any!

But I wouldn't be too surprised if he did change the line a little.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Okay...where is everyone... I am starting to think maybe I have;
                    A) no life and live at GW forum
                    B) I just realized there is no B

Okay so anyway about Sam & Jack
                    We had been discussing that we as shippers really don't want Stargate to turn into the "Sam & Jack" show. So I thought I would talk about the little things I would like to see.
                    1) Of course the MUCH talked about adult conversation.. I really want to pursue a relationship but we have obligations..are you willing to wait...are you?? that sort of thing..hug....small kissy kissy
                    2) If waiting.. make a plan.. what are we waiting for???? Jack- I am wanting to retire...I have made my mark...you need to do what you want Sam (that is Jack talking)..Sam- You are okay about that...Jack-Yep..I will stay home..change the diapers..drive the carpools...you save the world...dinner at 6:00
                    3)Angsty moments due to saving world situations...because HEY LOOK a Stargate!!!!
                    4)Team saves various aliens from nasty bad guy
                    5)Hey Teal'c has hair
                    6) Lots of ACTION!!!!!!!
                    7) many hugging moments...many kissy moments....hey they are *waiting* for each other
                    8) BIG TEAM episode
                    9)Definitely see SAm & Jack have finally gotten together and a BIG SLOPPY WET KISS!!!!!

Okay there is more but this was long
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      <takes a bow and keeps on dancing and chanting>

oops, the deleted message is mine...I posted this twice cause I thought it didn't post...lol, new system...
                      so HAPPY you are here dancing...brought a HUGE grin to my face you all popped on while I was typing my War and Peace post

Love it when you dance!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Here, here! If I'm inundated with Sam/PS ship -like ONE scene - I'm not sure I could stick around. Too painful. But, could anything surpass the pain of Chimera ?

ps - Here's a link(s) for some great behind the scenes stuff from the DVDs for Death Knell and Grace. Really nice stuff!

http://community.webshots.com/album/139141321lCpIxp

http://community.webshots.com/album/139143772fdbJhJ/0

Sally
                        wow, those pix were great! I want RDA and AT to have more control over their characters. they look ready, willing and able for ship!

hey everyone *waves to shipper family*
                        I was away for a while and this is my first post on the new board! It's a little scary, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after awhile. Where there's shippers, I'm home!

stephanie

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          hey everyone *waves to shipper family*
                          I was away for a while and this is my first post on the new board! It's a little scary, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after awhile. Where there's shippers, I'm home!

stephanie
                          Hi sacme
                          :::waves:::: some of us arehere...I was just lamenting that I appearently live here....Caty was kidding me about mhat I would be when she signed on in the morning...I know she will laugh when she sees that BCM and I are "Jaffa Fodder"....not to sure if I want to be that...

The smileys are REALLY fun <- this is my favorite face
                          glad you made it over

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            We had been discussing that we as shippers really don't want Stargate to turn into the "Sam & Jack" show. So I thought I would talk about the little things I would like to see.
                            Things I would like to see before they fade to black for the last time.
                            (I don't realistically expect any/all of this, but it would be nice )

(1) An ADULT conversation about their feelings for eachother.

(2) At least 1 (one) real to this universe, non-halucination, kiss, between OUR Jack, and OUR Sam.

(3) Fishing (make of that what you will )

(4)Definately NO wedding, but the knowledge that they will be together for a long time to come... What can I say, I hate TV weddings

(5)Oh, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them on a real date before the show ends too Even if it's just Sam getting paged back to the SGC after Jack retires

I think that about covers it.
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              (4)Definately NO wedding, but the knowledge that they will be together for a long time to come... What can I say, I hate TV weddings
                              I have to say I quite agree with you BCM on the TV weddings I have to see one that I thought was done well. I have seen a couple in a *movie* that was very well done...but well I just won't go there and give TPTB any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                It has taken me awhile to post a response to those links, Sally, because I fainted! Wow! This stuff was on the DVDs? A kiss on the forehead would have put 'Death Knell' on the top of my most favorite eps. Maybe we could edit it in?

BTW... Do you need spoiler space if you talk about something that didn't happen in an episode? (newbie question)
                                Spoilers Season 8 Affinity
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                /
                                this is difficult. after hearing the horror of what may be happening in Season 8's Affinity (I wanted to throw up), the idea that RDA and AT are coming up with wonderful shippy moments that are being cut out of the finished product is driving me crazy. I loved those pictures from Death Knell. Why couldn't we see that in the show?! I'm depressed, really. I was very hopeful for season 8; I really thought Sam had gotten it in TLC. I can't stand to think that the Pete thing is going to be dragged out for as long as it is. I believe in the end, Jack and Sam may have some resolution, but I'm fearing it will be of the too little, too late variety. I cannot deal with Sam and Jack having a heart to heart about another man. I have a stomachache.

stephanie

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Working...
                                X