This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    as for tv weddings, i'm not too fond of them. however once TPTB confirm that sam and jack get together (nice bit of kissing a la "grace" and what have you), i think we can all imagine our own perfect senario.
    mine has them going to vegas! or minnesota and gettin' hitched in front of a lake with no fish in it! with a honeymoon on some tropical planet, or in a cabin in minnesota

of course my opinions on this will change by next week probably. i'm very shallow.
    I can't stand TV weddings. They're so... well, um... mushy. A conversation, a kiss ,and a decent love scene if TPTB are up to it would be fine with me... just as long as it's not too over the top... no fancy stuff like they had in Chimera during the S/P bedroom scene. Just seemed a little too planned out... I think a "spur of the moment" type scenario would work better for S/J. Aside from that, some shippy scenes every now and then after the fact would be awesome too. That's my personal wishlist, but at this point any sort of resolution would make me happy.

Comment

people, we have passed 900 posts. how much do sam & jack rock huh?

i have a theory on how they are no longer serving together by the end. i don't think its going to be liked though. i'm not even sure how much i like it. i would depend how it were handled.
      here we go.

a few episodes before the end, sg-1 are in a big battle. sam gets injured, and has to leave because of medical reasons. nothing major, nothing thats going to cause her any serious problems, just something thats enough to prevent her from being on active duty. she is hired as a civilian consultant/scientist. the president puts the sgc under civilian control, and jack retires from the air force and takes command as a civilian.
      then they start to get closer and there ya go. last episode they go out for dinner or something (off screen) and meet up with the guys for drinks afterwards. big sloppy kiss, and robert is your mothers brother!

it needs a whole lot of fine tuning i know, and if TPTB happen to be reading here, feel free to do that for us
      but hey, its a start.

as for kids names, i'm with ya on grace. i like jacob, jack junior, kate, and if they do get them together by the end, i'm all in favour of naming the kid robert (cooper), brad (wright), joe, paul, ya know, something like that. but definitely not peter (not any thing against PDL just a bad coincidence) and not damien (he wrote the forbidden ep and ya know, the omen thing too)

Comment

i just changed that post because now i'm not so sure. i can't find the first time i said it, but i think mala was the first one to use it so i hand over all credit.

Did you know there's a way of seeing/reading all your own posts? Just click on your name while you're in a thread and then click 'find all posts by so-and-so'. That's how I knew I'd not posted my original marriage thinger. Oh, and I figured out how to read the newest post on a thread you're following. I'll only explain it if someone wants me to, because it's too darn complicated to go into.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Did you know there's a way of seeing/reading all your own posts? Just click on your name while you're in a thread and then click 'find all posts by so-and-so'. That's how I knew I'd not posted my original marriage thinger. Oh, and I figured out how to read the newest post on a thread you're following. I'll only explain it if someone wants me to, because it's too darn complicated to go into.

Sally
          yeah i did that, and i also did an advanced search. but then i got bored looking for it and got distracted by something shiney.

and yes. explain please. but only if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Now THAT'S the reaction I was trying to get! Not what we think the writers will do on the show, but what we'd fantasize about them doing. Just for fun, that's all. I could also imagine Sam and Jack coming back from a two week down-time and being married. They eloped! I could also imagine that everyone would be a bit ticked at them for not including them in the ceremony. I'd think Daniel would be the most upset, followed by Cassie. Now, throwing in a bit of realism for THE MAN , Sam and Jack would no longer be serving on the same team when the marriage took place. K, time for others to contribute. Come on. You can do it. Extra creamy shipper cookies for those that really put themselves into it.

Sally

ps - I also want to hear names for their children. This is an order from your ship auntie. I'm also a major, but I didn't want to pull out the big guns.
            OK, I'll give it a try..I still like an off-world scenerio initially, for their conversation that gets them on the right track. As in they're stuck there for weeks, (months?) and Sam is doing her usual heroic/save the day/get us home thing. Agruments arise, UST mounts (BTW, they're stuck there ALONE!) Meanwhile Jack gets a little grumpy, as he's feeling she's trying to get home to , and finally flat out asks her why, Why, WHY she can't see what's in front of her face. No way out of the talk for Sam!! Big Kisses planted on her face till she HAS to admit her eternal love for Jack. Adult conversation on HOW to get their relationship past 1st base -- who slides into what position (NOT THAT, all you Thunk threaders...sheesh) at the SGC. "Let's quit dancin around this", says Jack.. "It's become a cliche, and you KNOW how I feel about cliches. Marry me , right now, right here on this planet, and I'll guarantee you'll never regret it. We'll work it out IF and when we get back to Earth". Sam has no reply except a soft smile and "Yes Sir". They create their own vows on the beach (tropical planet - black bikinis ) have an incredible honeymoon (ok, let the THunk thread handle THAT scenario) and make it back to Earth committed and, dare I say, PREGNANT?

Probably too far fetched, but I drive a lot for work and my mind tends to wander.

Ohh, kid names...Janet, Grace, Jack Junior, Diana (after me - hey, its MY fantasy), and Orion (Jack still likes astronomy, right?)
            Sorry for the long post.

Comment

Mala-

Just wanted to let you know my daughter LOVED your "math" picture. I had to explain it to her, but when I told her "This one is Pete" she looked at me and said "I'll just call him Potato head." Kids are just so observant sometimes, aren't they?
              Tasha
              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

hey goneshippin'.
                i actually quite like most of your one, except for the "sir" part. always bugs me a little in fan fics when she calls him sir at a moment like that.

and majorsal,
                i think i've figured out the newest post thing so... nevermind. unless you want to explain it or someone else wants you to. i'm far too lazy, as previously demonstrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Geekyred
                  I've decided I'm not reading any more spoilers, None, not one for S8. I'm going to live in blissful ignorance and keep the Sam and Jack ship hope alive until the end credits roll on the last ep. (That is of course if TPTB don't squeeze the ship in before the last ep, But they will wont they? Yeah of course they will.)
                  Want some company in your spoiler-free world? I heard it's a white padded cell with no doors or windows and the only contact with the outside world is when a hand shoves a tray of food through a slot - lonely, but guaranteed to keep you spoiler free!

It's too late for me on a couple of things in Season 8, but I'm trying hard. Honest!

So this is my solemn promise not to read any more spoilers, even if they do have the shippers up in arms....and especially if they mention P***

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                    Want some company in your spoiler-free world? I heard it's a white padded cell with no doors or windows and the only contact with the outside world is when a hand shoves a tray of food through a slot - lonely, but guaranteed to keep you spoiler free!

It's too late for me on a couple of things in Season 8, but I'm trying hard. Honest!

So this is my solemn promise not to read any more spoilers, even if they do have the shippers up in arms....and especially if they mention P***
                    i'm trying to be....relatively spoiler free too. but what if they give us potatoes for dinner and we think its a sign? a spoiler in disguise if you will.

Comment

hey goneshippin'.
                      i actually quite like most of your one, except for the "sir" part. always bugs me a little in fan fics when she calls him sir at a moment like that.

and majorsal,
                      i think i've figured out the newest post thing so... nevermind. unless you want to explain it or someone else wants you to. i'm far too lazy, as previously demonstrated.
                      I'm always up for editing...
                      after she calls him "sir", he gives that half smile we all know and love, says, FCOL, Sam, you're gonna have to stop that.... they smile at each other, he says (all together now) "C'Mere", they have a BIG kiss, and, and, and...ok, let the Thunk girls take over again

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        Yes, we don't need the wedding, just a talk and then lots and lots and lots and lots of kissing!!!
                        I really do agree that we don't need an onscreen wedding. A photo in the background or rings on their fingers would be good enough for the marriage thing.

I have however, come up with a way to get these two to have their adult conversation. Since Teal'c is the only one left who really knows how they feel about each other I think it is time for him to take action. Because I don't think these two are ever gonna get around to it on their own. What with her "siring" and his "I knowing" nothing ever gets said!!

My plan is for Teal'c to lock these two in a broom closet and not let them out until they have had their little chat. He could stand guard outside the closet and I don't think anyone would bother them, especially ! Teal'c really must be tired of their crying on his shoulder all the time.

Can't you just see him shoving them inside that closet?!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

i'm trying to be....relatively spoiler free too. but what if they give us potatoes for dinner and we think its a sign? a spoiler in disguise if you will.
                          you're not really paranoid if they really ARE out to trick you..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            I really do agree that we don't need an onscreen wedding. A photo in the background or rings on their fingers would be good enough for the marriage thing.

I have however, come up with a way to get these two to have their adult conversation. Since Teal'c is the only one left who really knows how they feel about each other I think it is time for him to take action. Because I don't think these two are ever gonna get around to it on their own. What with her "siring" and his "I knowing" nothing ever gets said!!

My plan is for Teal'c to lock these two in a broom closet and not let them out until they have had their little chat. He could stand guard outside the closet and I don't think anyone would bother them, especially ! Teal'c really must be tired of their crying on his shoulder all the time.

Can't you just see him shoving them inside that closet?!
                            ROFL...Especially if he really IS the one getting married in S8... he knows how short life is, but he's got to say " O'Neill, Major Carter, it's time to quit D***ing around"!

Comment

i thought it was me, but i've gone back and checked and i now think it was mala because i can't find my original post to see who did it first, so i'm going with her. here's a small part of mala's post:

"JOE: I think it does have a cumulative effect and that should be addressed in BWC. Though, in all fairness, I don't think the Black Widow tag is particularly fair. Compare to Daniel who has lost Sha'are and whose other gal, Sarah, is now in the clutches of the goa'uld. Or Teal'c who has lost a wife and former love as well. Sam is really no more a black widow than DJ or Teal'c. Heartbreak and tragedy seem to come with the job. That said, it would certainly be nice to see at least one of our characters establish a strong, romantic relationship that will last past an episode or two. Maybe Sam will find a nice guy she can connect with and develop just such a relationship that will last - up to season's end when she dumps the unsatisfactory chump like a sack of potatoes and gets together with Jack.

I think that Pete/Ptui (now Mr. Potatohead?) is that 'sack of potatoes'! "
                              Is that Joe as in Joe Malozzi?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                                OK, I'll give it a try..I still like an off-world scenerio initially, for their conversation that gets them on the right track. As in they're stuck there for weeks, (months?) and Sam is doing her usual heroic/save the day/get us home thing. Agruments arise, UST mounts (BTW, they're stuck there ALONE!) Meanwhile Jack gets a little grumpy, as he's feeling she's trying to get home to , and finally flat out asks her why, Why, WHY she can't see what's in front of her face. No way out of the talk for Sam!! Big Kisses planted on her face till she HAS to admit her eternal love for Jack. Adult conversation on HOW to get their relationship past 1st base -- who slides into what position (NOT THAT, all you Thunk threaders...sheesh) at the SGC. "Let's quit dancin around this", says Jack.. "It's become a cliche, and you KNOW how I feel about cliches. Marry me , right now, right here on this planet, and I'll guarantee you'll never regret it. We'll work it out IF and when we get back to Earth". Sam has no reply except a soft smile and "Yes Sir". They create their own vows on the beach (tropical planet - black bikinis ) have an incredible honeymoon (ok, let the THunk thread handle THAT scenario) and make it back to Earth committed and, dare I say, PREGNANT?

Probably too far fetched, but I drive a lot for work and my mind tends to wander.

Ohh, kid names...Janet, Grace, Jack Junior, Diana (after me - hey, its MY fantasy), and Orion (Jack still likes astronomy, right?)
                                Sorry for the long post.

I LOVE This!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't give a Rat's A$$ what she calls him!!!!!!! As long as its a done deal in the end.......they can call each other Ken and Barbie for all I care!!!!
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X