Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Sally, I'm going to have to go with mini-me..err...I mean BCM and say that t.v. weddings don't really do much for me and it would IMO seem pretty out of place on Stargate. I really don't need much. I'm just holding my breath for a real live honest to goodness talk between the two. Then I'll start naming their kids.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      Sorry Sally, I'm going to have to go with mini-me..err...I mean BCM and say that t.v. weddings don't really do much for me and it would IMO seem pretty out of place on Stargate. I really don't need much. I'm just holding my breath for a real live honest to goodness talk between the two. Then I'll start naming their kids.
      Yes, we don't need the wedding, just a talk and then lots and lots and lots and lots of kissing!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I have to admit to not being in the wedding camp. It's not what the show is about and I really don't need it. I just want to know that, by the time THE END comes up on the series, we know--as part of canon--that Sam and Jack are a couple.

J.
        "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

shipperahoy. gotta say, i don't really reply too much when i completely agree with someone. only when i have something to add to the opinion. thats probably why you don't hear from me too much. and if i disagree, well, i can't give back cheek to my shipper mam now can i? i'll get shipper grounded. and i'll get no shipper cookies from the ship nana!

as for tv weddings, i'm not too fond of them. however once TPTB confirm that sam and jack get together (nice bit of kissing a la "grace" and what have you), i think we can all imagine our own perfect senario.
          mine has them going to vegas! or minnesota and gettin' hitched in front of a lake with no fish in it! with a honeymoon on some tropical planet, or in a cabin in minnesota

of course my opinions on this will change by next week probably. i'm very shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
            Sorry, I was in another thread taking care of pressing matters...
            But all seriousness aside, YES! Sally, that's it exactly!

You get the prize for correctly sizing up attributes. >:->
            (We need a devilish smiley.)

*smiles smugly*

I'm SO proud! With how dirty and low-down my mind usually goes, I have a feeling I should be posting in the Jack/RDA drooling thread. But, if I did spend time there, I'd have used what little time left I have to read fics and answer mails on the S/J list. But really, I'm very proud that I figured out the truth to that pic. Now all you need is a pick of Jack from ? showing 'his' size. *image Jack spreading his arms wide and winking at Sam* <eg> There's got to be some pic of Jack talking about fishing and showing how big the fish are in that lake???

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

While I was lying in bed, I was thinking about the hilarious(sp?) potato head photos we've seen on this thread.... how did we start this whole thing? I can't remember how it was introduced and why.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                *smiles smugly*

I'm SO proud! With how dirty and low-down my mind usually goes, I have a feeling I should be posting in the Jack/RDA drooling thread. But, if I did spend time there, I'd have used what little time left I have to read fics and answer mails on the S/J list. But really, I'm very proud that I figured out the truth to that pic. Now all you need is a pick of Jack from ? showing 'his' size. *image Jack spreading his arms wide and winking at Sam* <eg> There's got to be some pic of Jack talking about fishing and showing how big the fish are in that lake???

Sally
                there is. its in season 4's small victories and its in the scene near the end where jack is offering to take thor fishing. for the love of ship someone find the picture!!!

Comment

While I was lying in bed, I was thinking about the hilarious(sp?) potato head photos we've seen on this thread.... how did we start this whole thing? I can't remember how it was introduced and why.

Sally
                  Wasn't it a quote from one of the writers about being dropped by Sam like a sack of potatoes?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sally
                    i thought it was me, but i've gone back and checked and i now think it was mala because i can't find my original post to see who did it first, so i'm going with her. here's a small part of mala's post:

"JOE: I think it does have a cumulative effect and that should be addressed in BWC. Though, in all fairness, I don't think the Black Widow tag is particularly fair. Compare to Daniel who has lost Sha'are and whose other gal, Sarah, is now in the clutches of the goa'uld. Or Teal'c who has lost a wife and former love as well. Sam is really no more a black widow than DJ or Teal'c. Heartbreak and tragedy seem to come with the job. That said, it would certainly be nice to see at least one of our characters establish a strong, romantic relationship that will last past an episode or two. Maybe Sam will find a nice guy she can connect with and develop just such a relationship that will last - up to season's end when she dumps the unsatisfactory chump like a sack of potatoes and gets together with Jack.

I think that Pete/Ptui (now Mr. Potatohead?) is that 'sack of potatoes'! "
                    Last edited by stargate barbie; 09 May 2004, 03:54 PM.

Comment

*smiles smugly*

Sally
                      Sally...*You* really need to come over to the RDA thread if you want to know what what is discussed there...Well for starters *Acting Technique* and use of body language is ALWAYS a hot topic and we are always open to new ways to interpret any scene
                      Please stop by anytime and join us in a rousing discussion of RDA and his *acting*
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        Not in the aisles, maybe in the back of the limo.

That works! But it has to be in true fanfic tradition... Sam's breasts are heaving and Jack's *real* big. It's my fantasy, so that's the way it's going to be!

Yes but if there is NO suprise guest then he should have gotten a wedding invite.

*racks brain to come up with answer* Oh, he DID have an invite, but he showed up stealthily because he was bringing Janet. Ha! *looks smugly*

Jeez, next thing you know Sally's going to try to bring back Sam's Mum from an AU.
                        Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that....??

.... I'd considered it. But the main thing was the Janet 'had' to be there for her bestestestest friend.

Well someone had to be a realist

Not a realist, and poo poo head. *runs off quickly*

What about Daniel and Jacob, and Hammond, and Janet, and Harriman Norman Walter Davis?!?! what about naming one of the kids after them?

Oh, those have been done hundreds of times. (can tell how many baby fics I've read<g>) I actually liked Teally; I like the sound of it. In fact, RDA's and my first daughter will be called Teally. Ha! *looks smugly again*

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          i think it was me. we started talking about how JM said in an interview (when they were still only TALKING about doing chimera) about sam dumping him like a sack of potatoes at the end of the series, and then we started all the potato puns and then i think i called him mr potato head in a post. now i'm gonna have to go back and check.
                          I think it was you too!!

Screw the Regs!! Mash the Potatoes!!! Sam & Jack Forever!!!!
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

*racks brain to come up with answer* Oh, he DID have an invite, but he showed up stealthily because he was bringing Janet. Ha! *looks smugly*
                            Jonas is pretty close to Sam and Jack he should have been a part of the wedding IMO

.... I'd considered it. But the main thing was the Janet 'had' to be there for her bestestestest friend.
                            I hate to point this out...

Spoiler space Heroes part 2
                            But Janet's DEAD

gone, no longer with us, deceased, kicked the bucket, checked out.

Personally I think it would trivialize her sacrifice to bring her back.

Not a realist, and poo poo head. *runs off quickly*
                            *thwap*

Oh, those have been done hundreds of times. (can tell how many baby fics I've read<g>) I actually liked Teally;
                            Do you know how ruthless kids are today... that's just begging to be made fun of.

I like the sound of it. In fact, RDA's and my first daughter will be called Teally. Ha! *looks smugly again*
                            keep dreaming Sally
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I think it was you too!!

Screw the Regs!! Mash the Potatoes!!! Sam & Jack Forever!!!!
                              i just changed that post because now i'm not so sure. i can't find the first time i said it, but i think mala was the first one to use it so i hand over all credit.

i KNOW i started the pete/kinsey shipper thing though!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                however once TPTB confirm that sam and jack get together (nice bit of kissing a la "grace" and what have you), i think we can all imagine our own perfect senario.
                                mine has them going to vegas! or minnesota and gettin' hitched in front of a lake with no fish in it! with a honeymoon on some tropical planet, or in a cabin in minnesota

Now THAT'S the reaction I was trying to get! Not what we think the writers will do on the show, but what we'd fantasize about them doing. Just for fun, that's all. I could also imagine Sam and Jack coming back from a two week down-time and being married. They eloped! I could also imagine that everyone would be a bit ticked at them for not including them in the ceremony. I'd think Daniel would be the most upset, followed by Cassie. Now, throwing in a bit of realism for THE MAN , Sam and Jack would no longer be serving on the same team when the marriage took place. K, time for others to contribute. Come on. You can do it. Extra creamy shipper cookies for those that really put themselves into it.

Sally

ps - I also want to hear names for their children. This is an order from your ship auntie. I'm also a major, but I didn't want to pull out the big guns.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X