This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    I'll admit I haven't read the spoilers for season 8 word for word -so I might have missed a clue- but are you referring to the lack of big PS spoilers that is giving you this hopeful feeling?
    By the time you read this you'll probably have read my reply to Ship Nana... what I said in that reply combine with my gut feeling and my natural optimism and I'm hopeful.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
      Hi All,
      Yet another lurker has come out of the closet (locker room?). I have to admit I've been lurking an embarrassingly long time -- since Shipper Thread II in the old forum, but couldn't post because I was using a work computer (major frowns on that from my company).

Love, Love, LOVE this thread! Please be patient with me, as I'm not the most computer savvy, but did actually BUY a new system with all the bells and whistles just so I could watch Caty's vids!! (My kids have been wondering why I've let them watch so much tv lately -- mom's been on her new toy!)

You guys have provided some of the best laughs and sighs a gal could ask for...

By the way, one word for the videos, Caty.....INCREDIBLE!! You Rock!

Yours in Shipness,
      GoneShippin'
      Welcome GoneShippin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      don't forget to grab a few of Ship Nana's cookies to munch while you slide into Shippy oblivion watching all our great video artists!!!!!!!!!!!
      AREN'T they the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        .....like and Sam in the POTATOE episode and after watching it you know that they(TPTB) can really give some RST...with the right guy.
        It is *so* hard to answer this with a serious tone because of those nicknames. BUT... yes, the writers played their hands with Chimera, because they showed that they're not only willing to write in out-and-out romantic scenes into the show, but that they can do it well. It 'was' romantic to me, which is partly why it was so hard to take. Yay, the writers are *finally* on the same page as the shippers!... only they're reading a different book. But, now that I know the writers 'will' write overt ship, I want it for Sam and Jack as well. Please writers. 8 years. Long time. Happy ending. I'll bribe you if need be. Tame, give the writers your money!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          And I'm hopeful that with the spoilers we've had we're going to get a slow progression in the right direction.
          I think I still need something in the premiere, though. Some recognition that Sam almost lost Jack and how much that really affected her. I'm obviously not going to get a real confession, but I really need some affection-- and more than what we saw in Heroes.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            It is *so* hard to answer this with a serious tone because of those nicknames. BUT... yes, the writers played their hands with Chimera, because they showed that they're not only willing to write in out-and-out romantic scenes into the show, but that they can do it well. It 'was' romantic to me, which is partly why it was so hard to take. Yay, the writers are *finally* on the same page as the shippers!... only they're reading a different book. But, now that I know the writers 'will' write overt ship, I want it for Sam and Jack as well. Please writers. 8 years. Long time. Happy ending. I'll bribe you if need be. Tame, give the writers your money!

Sally
            Auntie Sally
            you chastise for nicknames, then type the name of the "Ep I will not name" THEN you want me to give them my money!!!!!!

Okay...If that is what it takes I am in!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              I think I still need something in the premiere, though. Some recognition that Sam almost lost Jack and how much that really affected her. I'm obviously not going to get a real confession, but I really need some affection-- and more than what we saw in Heroes.
              I'm torn here... If it's more then in Heroes it will look really bad that she's still with Pete, IMO it already looks bad, but to have that much emotion might be too much ...
              On the other hand... I'd really like her to show that she actually cares for him and I'd like to see it.

So I'll have to wait and see what they actually do and then I'll tell you if it was enough or not
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                I think we stand more chance of Sam and Jack getting really hot than Mulder and Scully was ..even the hot kiss in the truth was shot in a dark jail cell away from the light so that we couln't see anything . And the end was nice , cuddling in bed together but we could've had another kiss ..blind me ...I think Stargate is more overt on the romance than the x-files .....like and Sam in the POTATOE episode and after watching it you know that they(TPTB) can really give some RST...with the right guy.
                I don't think TPTB will do an ending a la x-files for Sam and Jack cuz I don't think they will finish the show on a Sam and Jack scene but a team scene...therefore they can afford to give us a little more than Mulder and Scully at the end of the truth.
                Caty aka ShipDiva
                Did Scully and Mulder ever even tell each other that they loved each other? I know they talked about their undying devotion, and all, but I don't remeber them actually using the L word. I could be wrong. After Chernobyl, I wanna hear the L word being used between Sam and Jack. They better not be subtle about it!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                  This one is a quandry...I will admit.... they really haven't mentioned Pit in quite awhile so *we* really aren't sure at this point just how *serious* the relationship ihas gotten.Granted I don't think of Sam as a "one night stand" kind of girl, but she has been a bit busy. So its hard to say how much TPTB can and cannot do in my eyes. The only other reference was "I am seeing someone".
                  So can she show deep emotion over her friend and a man she cares very deeply for while at the same time have *some sort* of feelings for another man? I think this really willbe a test for the writers AND for AT to pull this off without making Sam look wishy washy. My hope is Jack will have something to say here maybe. Rather than put the burden on Sam and the writers to find a way to right this mess. Have Jack do something to "Give her something to think about" Give her a reason to wonder if she is doing the right thing being with Pit. Maybe we won't get anything to big...but enough to make Sam go mmmmmmmmmmm...
                  I still haven't decided I guess how I want to see that opener

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    This one is a quandry...I will admit.... they really haven't mentioned Pit in quite awhile so *we* really aren't sure at this point just how *serious* the relationship ihas gotten.Granted I don't think of Sam as a "one night stand" kind of girl, but she has been a bit busy. So its hard to say how much TPTB can and cannot do in my eyes. The only other reference was "I am seeing someone".
                    So can she show deep emotion over her friend and a man she cares very deeply for while at the same time have *some sort* of feelings for another man? I think this really willbe a test for the writers AND for AT to pull this off without making Sam look wishy washy. My hope is Jack will have something to say here maybe. Rather than put the burden on Sam and the writers to find a way to right this mess. Have Jack do something to "Give her something to think about" Give her a reason to wonder if she is doing the right thing being with Pit. Maybe we won't get anything to big...but enough to make Sam go mmmmmmmmmmm...
                    Quite a while? You mean the last 3 episodes? Wow, that's sooooooooooo long

Comment

Auntie Sally
                      you chastise for nicknames, then type the name of the "Ep I will not name" THEN you want me to give them my money!!!!!!

I'm in also Auntie Sally!! Do you think that TPTB would take a cookie bribe?

Here TPTB, Ship Nana has some nice shipper cookies for you!!
                      Last edited by Ship Nana; 08 May 2004, 06:18 PM.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Goodness Tame, if a near death experience isn't enough to make "Sam go mmmmmmmmmmmm" then I don't know what will wake that girl up!!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Auntie Sally
                          you chastise for nicknames

No, not chastise... just hard to type when you're cracking up! These nicknames... I'd think even DDL would be cracking a smile at the potato head pic with disguises.

then type the name of the "Ep I will not name"

Oops... I meant to write Chernobyl!

THEN you want me to give them my money!!!!!!
                          Yeah. What's wrong with that???

Yay!.... 'cause I don't have any money.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Goodness Tame, if a near death experience isn't enough to make "Sam go mmmmmmmmmmmm" then I don't know what will wake that girl up!!!
                            Well D'uh Shipp Nana....ROFL
                            I meant things that jack had to say...NOT what had happened to him
                            Since TPTB left us hanging ON SUCH a lllooonnngggg rope with Pit its really hard to imagine how they are going to work THAT out in the first episode AND not make Sam look any worse than she does already to a lot of fans.
                            I guess I am just kind of trying to workit in my head as I write each post and read what others are thinking.

Comment

You guys probably discussed this a long time ago, but I rewatched Window of Opportunity last night (one of my absolute fav eps, tour-de-force for RDA) and I just keep wondering how much more Jack did with Sam in those loops. We saw a really sweet kiss between them, but the way Jack looks at Sam and munches on that oatmeal at the end when he's asked what he did during all those loops-- something else happened. Maybe Jack got to Sam early in the loop explained to her what was going on and said, 'hey, we can do anything we want without reprisals. lets go for it!' And she replied, 'yee-ha!'

a girl can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                Quite a while? You mean the last 3 episodes? Wow, that's sooooooooooo long
                                well when you consider that they brought Pit in when they only had 5 episodes left (counting Heros1&2 & TLC 1&2 as 1 each) Yeah I would say mentioning him only once in those last episodes is a long time.
                                In that same time we lost a great character, got a new President, and saved the world......so yep a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X