This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzGirl
    I consider myself intelligent and level-headed. (Oh, be quiet Tame and Mala!
    I'm out of control on the RDA/Jack Thunk thread, because , well he's SIZZLIN'!)
    I mean, when it comes to ship. I *do* like the friendship between
    Jack and Daniel, and I *love* their interaction. I adore how Jack and Teal'c
    have become such great friends that they know what the other is thinking
    without expressing it. So why can't this be true between Sam and Jack?
    Hi OZ...welcome to my madness
    What...What would I say
    I am in complete agreement with you here. Each one of the team has a special dynamic with the other. and for Sam nad Jack it just has an added spark, what can be wrong with that?
    I have never seen how some little gesture between the two could ruin an
    entire episode or how using 30 seconds for "a look" between the two could
    possibly destroy what Jack & Daniel have, or whatever

Unlike the more enthusiastic (and maybe much younger!) of you, I never
    wanted to see Sam & Jack fall over each other. I think it's reasonable, though,
    that we get to see some adult interaction -- let them talk about their feelings,
    how frustrating it is not to be able to act on them for 7 or 8 years, etc --
    and let them resolve something at the end. Let them have one fully lighted,
    not drunk, during the daytime kiss, like the one between Jack and Laira.
    Let Sam ask Jack if the fishing invitation is still open.
    Bravo!! said very well, I think the majority of of shippers want this if I am reading most of these post correctly, Adult seems to be the *key* word. However, TPTb did raise the stakes a bit with the all "in the bed scene with "". So I think that is what has many wanting just a tad bit more for Sam & jack then a few words and a kiss.
    I have always liked to have something about personal relationships between
    the main characters in *any* story I read, science fiction or not. For me,
    it's simply more interesting. I'm a scientific type, and I still don't think a
    flirt or a joke or smile or even a little, sneaky kiss is "soap opera." Isn't that
    more like what people really DO??? It is in my world! Thank God.
    Thank God its in my world too!!! I like a bit of spark in every story as well, be it what I read or what I watch.
    I think some of the fanfiction really handles the whole thing very well.
    It's quite satisfying, and I like to bask in that glow quietly, so nobody calls
    me a moron or soap opera freak. (Unless they see the tripe I write on the
    Thunk thread! But there, I *know* I'm being foolish and shameless and I
    love to have fun, thats all...especially when the Silver Fox is sweaty or dirty
    or in pain or in command mode or just relaxing with a bottle of Guinness and
    his smoky bedroom eyes are liquid pools of chocolate...uh...where was I?)
    I just had to quote this part, since it so aptly describes the "Man in Black"

Glad to see you de-cloaked Oz if only for a few moments
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Hey Liebestraume! Long time no see!

I definately don't want some tacked on ending, I would like to see the slow progression as they finally get their acts together and... well, get together.

I stronly agree with you. There is no way their relationship can just totally change in 1 or even 2 episodes. After 8 years TPTB are gonna have to move them gradually into the change. The "adult conversation" would be a good start and then they could move things slowly in the right direction.

I also agree that since TPTB did the Sam/ thing, the stakes have definately been raised, so that a just "let's go fishing" will not do it anymore. They now owe Sam and Jack an out in the open, committment to each other, leather outfits and motorbike, out in the field, Caty and Marimba video worthy, shipper fainting, resolution.

I won't be satisified if it is an ending that leans towards a resolution in a movie-to-be either. Who knows if they would ever make that movie anyway. For crying out loud they have kept us and Jack and Sam dangling for 8 years now and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Cookies anyone?!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        I stronly agree with you. There is no way their relationship can just totally change in 1 or even 2 episodes. After 8 years TPTB are gonna have to move them gradually into the change. The "adult conversation" would be a good start and then they could move things slowly in the right direction.
        And I'm hopeful that with the spoilers we've had we're going to get a slow progression in the right direction.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          I told you that "Frozen" was really moving. ....Sam and Jack are the best together..either in a sad video or a funny one (In your eyes)...What a chemistry they have those 2....in any situation.

Caty aka ShipDiva
          Yep...it is very moving. Even though it is sad, it just makes you think that they should be together! TPTB best be listening .

Just watched 'in your eyes'...that was a funny, happy one . It made me smile a lot .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Also, just have to agree with whoever said they went and dug up that Madonna CD out of their collection after watching--I did too! It's really nice to rediscover a song you really liked then put a nice Jack and Sam spin on it!!!!!!
            That would be me . Hehe so I am not the only one who did that then . My cd was collecting dust and then I saw Caty's video and just had to get it out! . I have been doing that with a lot of songs lately after watching yours and Caty's videos .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Hi OZ...welcome to my madness
              Glad to see you de-cloaked Oz if only for a few moments
              Thank you for the comments, Tame. You are too kind!!
              (Nice to see you got thunked into a coma by that pic in the RDA thread, too!
              Bwahahahahahaaaaaa!)

Keep thumping for Sam 'n' Jack!

P.S. There is a thread in Off Topic Chatter where they ask a series of
              questions from Inside the Actors Studio. Here was the last question:

If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you reach the Pearly Gates?
              My answer:
              I'll let you in on a little secret: I was a Jack/Sam shipper, too!

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
              appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
              full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
              in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

hey y'all
                I seem to be having sig problembs,is it coming through???

Comment

If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you reach the Pearly Gates?
                  My answer:
                  I'll let you in on a little secret: I was a Jack/Sam shipper, too!
                  I seriously just read that.
                  Personally I think you are 100% correct!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                    hey y'all
                    I seem to be having sig problembs,is it coming through???
                    Nope not yet

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to get the kid to fix it.

Comment

In regards to the resolution of the Sam and Jack relationship-

Before , I would have been satisfied with a subtle fishing invitation at the end of the series, but now I would like to see a bit more of their relationship. I don't want a wedding or anything (that would be a little over the top), but just small indications of the progression and confirmation of their feelings for each other. The show has done subtle UST for years, why can't they do subtle RST?
                        Tasha
                        JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I posted this in the x-files thread in reply to Twisted angel but I thought I would copy and paste it here too:

I think we stand more chance of Sam and Jack getting really hot than Mulder and Scully was ..even the hot kiss in the truth was shot in a dark jail cell away from the light so that we couln't see anything . And the end was nice , cuddling in bed together but we could've had another kiss ..blind me ...I think Stargate is more overt on the romance than the x-files .....like and Sam in the POTATOE episode and after watching it you know that they(TPTB) can really give some RST...with the right guy.
                          I don't think TPTB will do an ending a la x-files for Sam and Jack cuz I don't think they will finish the show on a Sam and Jack scene but a team scene...therefore they can afford to give us a little more than Mulder and Scully at the end of the truth.

I really do think that RDA is keeping a special scene between his Jack character and Sam..... You know I think this is why he plays a non- smiling character at the moment so that he can surprise everybody with his smile at the end when he is with Sam , retired and happy.

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

wow! I have so much to catch up on! thats what I get for going home and not having a chance to go online! although now I can tvo (sp?) stargate and feed the addiction!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial dress blues> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

true! don't forget Death Knell... Teal'c is just hanging out by the super soldier's body...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Thank you, Erika! I know in my heart -and what I saw with my eyes- that that scene 'was' Sam grieving for Jack. But it's nice to hear someone admit to it, you know.

Sally
                                thats what I thought too...notice that we have lots of emotional comversations in locker rooms? (and seduction attemps...hehe)

~Imzadi

Comment

Working...
                                X