X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Just finished Heroes I....

Spoilers S7 Heroes Part 1 & Resurrection
    What gets me is when Sam is being grilled about her relationship with Jack is that the easiest thing for her to say is that she is dating someone. FCOL if is in the picture she should have said so instead of going on about different interests, "potential", and regulations. She told Agent Barrett real quick that she was seeing someone. That is what is irritating. What are TPTB trying to say?! Until we know what they do with , we are left in confusion.
    Well...Its because she knows in her heart that she is LYING on national TV (almost) She LOVES Jack...but can't say anything....She is dating someone because she can't have Jack (bad PTB) so she is all tongue tied.

When it comes to Agent Barrett its just no big deal...UNTIL he acts all like WHAT ?? you????? then Sam spits a bit of fire Can't wait till " " is just plain gone and TPTB can get on with building something decent for these two that will make sense .
    You would think by the end of 8 years!!!! they would have at least got a *few* ideas rolling around
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hey Liebestraume! Long time no see!

Originally posted by Liebestraume

I think SG-1 still has a whole season to cultivate the romance between Sam and Jack, a la Majorsal-style upthread , if that is where they want to go (and I suspect it is). However, if all TPTB has to offer is the obligatory -- and cliched -- "happy ending" and fails to show how that it comes about, some of us are bound to have difficulty becoming emotionally invested in the 'ship. And that will be a shame.
      I definately don't want some tacked on ending, I would like to see the slow progression as they finally get their acts together and... well, get together. I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said: "and fails to show how that it comes about" If not could you elaborate please? Thanks.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume
        I think SG-1 still has a whole season to cultivate the romance between Sam and Jack, a la Majorsal-style upthread , if that is where they want to go (and I suspect it is).
        Liebestraume! *waves*

I SOOOOOOO hope you're right that the powers 'want' to go in that direction! *sends shippy vibes the powers way*

However, if all TPTB has to offer is the obligatory -- and cliched -- "happy ending" and fails to show how that it comes about, some of us are bound to have difficulty becoming emotionally invested in the 'ship. And that will be a shame.

I agree. My three biggest fears are a- too much Sam/PS, b- no S/J shippy resolution, and c- if there 'is' a shippy resolution, I'll be dissappointed in it because of Sam/PS ship. Before Chimera, I never thought that way. There's just too much fallout from Chimera. And I'm still radioactive.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

bcmilco and Majosal, nice to see your friendly faces again!

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I definately don't want some tacked on ending, I would like to see the slow progression as they finally get their acts together and... well, get together. I'm assuming that's what you meant when you said: "and fails to show how that it comes about" ......
          ^Yeh, what he said! In fact, "and fails to show how that it comes about" = "and fails to show how it comes about"
          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Oh, lordy. I've been away for awhile and just went through 12 pages to catch up with you guys. I must really love this show, my shipper family and Sam and Jack to do all this!

I LOVED the potato head pictures, Mala! Hello lurking shippers! Hi returning shippers! (hey Liebestraume, still love ya-- especially now that I know you're a fellow NYer) Caty and Marimba I downloaded your new videos and will watch soon. Can't wait!

So, I watched "Holiday" last night and nearly flipped when Sam said nearly the same thing in the same manner to dying Daniel (in Ma'chello's body) as she said to Jack in TLC.

SAM: Come on, Daniel, they've found the guy, they're bringing him in; you have to wake up. Daniel, you can't die on me now.

She's looking over Daniel with lots of angst and emotion; she says "you can't die on me now" to D, whereas J gets "Don’t you dare leave us now"; AND she kisses Daniel!
            Daniel gets all this in season 2, but in season 7 no love for Jack! What's up with that!?

I'm so glad to be back with my buds! I was having bad withdrawal from not having Nana's cookies.
            Last edited by sacme; 08 May 2004, 01:39 AM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Confessions of a Shipper Lurker:
              I've been a Jack/Sam shipper since I first saw them interact with each
              other on Stargate. I had not discovered the online fandom then, so it
              must have been there in the episodes. Actually, my Mom was the one who
              reinforced the idea, because this 73-year old woman used to throw out
              comments while watching Jack and Sam, like "Oh, yeah! He wants her!"

It wasn't until I came online that I found I was categorized as a "shipper."
              Not only that, but I was *very* surprised to find how much any talk of
              Jack having feelings for Sam was absolutely despised by parts of the fandom!
              It totally blew me away. My general impression is
              that all this cr*p gets attributed to shippers as a whole -- no, I can't give
              specific examples -- it's an overall impression from reading hundreds of
              posts all over the place for a year.

I consider myself intelligent and level-headed. (Oh, be quiet Tame and Mala!
              I'm out of control on the RDA/Jack Thunk thread, because , well he's SIZZLIN'!)

I mean, when it comes to ship. I *do* like the friendship between
              Jack and Daniel, and I *love* their interaction. I adore how Jack and Teal'c
              have become such great friends that they know what the other is thinking
              without expressing it. So why can't this be true between Sam and Jack?

I have never seen how some little gesture between the two could ruin an
              entire episode or how using 30 seconds for "a look" between the two could
              possibly destroy what Jack & Daniel have, or whatever.

Unlike the more enthusiastic (and maybe much younger!) of you, I never
              wanted to see Sam & Jack fall over each other. I think it's reasonable, though,
              that we get to see some adult interaction -- let them talk about their feelings,
              how frustrating it is not to be able to act on them for 7 or 8 years, etc --
              and let them resolve something at the end. Let them have one fully lighted,
              not drunk, during the daytime kiss
              , like the one between Jack and Laira.
              Let Sam ask Jack if the fishing invitation is still open.

I have always liked to have something about personal relationships between
              the main characters in *any* story I read, science fiction or not. For me,
              it's simply more interesting. I'm a scientific type, and I still don't think a
              flirt or a joke or smile or even a little, sneaky kiss is "soap opera." Isn't that
              more like what people really DO??? It is in my world! Thank God.

I think some of the fanfiction really handles the whole thing very well.
              It's quite satisfying, and I like to bask in that glow quietly, so nobody calls
              me a moron or soap opera freak. (Unless they see the tripe I write on the
              Thunk thread! But there, I *know* I'm being foolish and shameless and I
              love to have fun, thats all...especially when the Silver Fox is sweaty or dirty
              or in pain or in command mode or just relaxing with a bottle of Guinness and
              his smoky bedroom eyes are liquid pools of chocolate...uh...where was I?)

But really, I LOVE SG-1 -- the team! The entire show has always been
              entertaining and at times amazing to me. I don't like flaunting the shipper
              tag, because as soon as I write it, people forget all the rest of what I just
              wrote and put me in this narrow category which makes me look like I'm
              less than human to many outside this thread.

So I lurk.

Cheers!
              OzGirl
              Last edited by OzGirl; 08 May 2004, 07:59 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
              appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
              full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
              in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

OzGirl..

I loved your post and this is so true to the very last word.

Don't lurk too much .

Just post lots .

Sam and Jack together forever.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

To my shipper friends .......

video 26 ..In your eyes (Kylie Minogue) ...for a bit of a laugh

Click on my sig to access my site.

Enjoy

caty aka ShipDiva.
                  Last edited by Catysg1; 08 May 2004, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Caty, I've just been watching your vids again and they're wow!!!! I loved "This Kiss" and after watching this, I NEED them to kiss lots in S8.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Caty, I've just been watching your vids again and they're wow!!!! I loved "This Kiss" and after watching this, I NEED them to kiss lots in S8.
                      Hi my shipper friend Dipsofjaz

Yes ..sure they'll kiss a lot in season 8 ..why not hey!!!! ...We need some new fresh kisses for the videos

"This kiss "is funny and the last one called "In your eyes" is a laugh ..Just made it in no time ...but I wanted to use that song ..because I thought could do something funny with it ..

Just to show that those 2 can have angst ...sadness in their life but they also can have fun if the time and the regs were allowed them to do so.

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I agree Caty, and I just love the way they look at each other. My tummy goes all gooey!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree Caty, and I just love the way they look at each other. My tummy goes all gooey!!

Just in case you downloaded "In your eyes" ..There was a little problem when I checked earlier ..only half of the video was uploaded !!!!!!!! ..so just wanted to say that it's now fixed and I checked and the video is there 100%
                          Sometimes things happens..

And Sam and Jack forever together and fishing by the lake in season 8 with some good nookies in full daylight. Tongues involved will be nice if they are up to it.

Caty aka Shipdiva
                          Last edited by Catysg1; 08 May 2004, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

And Sam and Jack forever together and fishing by the lake in season 8 with some good nookies in full daylight. Tongues involved will be nice if they are up to it.

Caty aka Shipdiva
                            Ooooooooh! I'd die happy if we got that!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooooooooh! I'd die happy if we got that!

I also forgot to mention they both should be dressed in black leather with Sam's bike nearby HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I think it's not too much to ask...isn't it.

Caty aka Ship Diva

Comment

Hey

I´m kinda new here. I lurk from time to time but somehow never really posted much before so I thought I´d register again and try to post a little more often if time lets me.

I´m a huuuuge Sam & Jack shipper as catysg1 knows. Hey caty! *waves*
                                And well, all I want to do is send Pete to Edora where he can be happy with that L-woman and finally leave Sam & Jack alone!

Steffi ~ A shipper on mission *weg*

Comment

Working...
                                X