Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finals are over!!!!! I'm free!!! For a week and a half anyway...then summer school. (grumbling) To celebrate though, tonight I am having a Stargate marathon with my best friend. Since she's a non-shipper, we compromise and each pick out half of the episodes we're going to watch. Little does she know however, I can find ship in ANYTHING!!!

Since I was thinking about this today, how she's a non-shipper (this really bugs me, can you tell?), I started thinking about how many people are actually non-shippers. I always start getting depressed when I think there is this huge amount of people who are totally against Jack and Sam being together. Then I was talking to my boss today (who also happens to like Stargate by the way) and both he and his wife don't care one way or the other if S/J happens. If it does, it does and if it doesn't, it doesn't. So my point (yes, I do have one) is that maybe the people actually totally against S/J ship is not as huge as I think it is. Sorry for the rambling...attempting to make myself feel better by stepping back and trying to see the "big" picture.

Gotta go get some of Ship Nana's cookies now...
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      I can't believe the incredible volume of views to this thread. There isn't another thread that comes close. Are there that many shippers, or are people just curious!?

I hope they are shippers lurking around ..I wonder if the non-shippers click on that thread!!!I certainly never click on the anti-Sam and Jack thread . Do you ?!!!

If more Sam and Jack shippers are lurking around ..please still join us ... the more the merrier and let's party together cuz apparently the "Sam and Jack togetherness" is number 1 in the chart.

TOP OF THE SHIP = SAM AND JACK.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        I hope they are shippers lurking around ..I wonder if the non-shippers click on that thread!!!I certainly never click on the anti-Sam and Jack thread . Do you ?!!!

Caty aka ShipDiva
        I used to in the old thread just so I could see what was being said...Now I don't want to because I don't want their numbers to go up!
        Tasha
        JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          I wonder if the non-shippers click on that thread!!!
          Yes some do...

I certainly never click on the anti-Sam and Jack thread . Do you ?!!!
          Yes I do...
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
            Caty.
            'Frozen' was absolutely amazing. I really loved it . All the scenes you used were perfect for the song. I really loved the end...loved what you did with it. To end it off with the last scene in the lost city part 2 was brilliant .

Will try and watch the Evanescence one later on!

~Tracey~

Thank you Twisted Angel aka Tracey

It's a great video, a great song , a great voice and a great music . Somebody told me in a other forum that "Frozen" was a real treat and the end gave him goosebumps too. Everybody is happy , I'm happy and I can't wait for season 8.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              I was just reading the Season 8 wish list on GateWorld...
              In general I thought it was a pretty interesting read. Especially this line:

"Jack and Sam togetherness came on top by about 10 times the vote count of everything else."

here's the link:
              http://www.gateworld.net/fandom/letters.shtml
              Interesting, and it is made very clear that it is only one vote per person.

erika

Comment

I lurk on the anti-shipper thread because...well...for one thing I have to because I'm a moderator and to actually moderate I need to actually read the threads. But even if I wasn't a moderator I would still lurk over in the anti-ship thread because I think it's interesting to read other view points and many times they bring up points that I had never even thought about. I really wish the Ship Discussion thread had taken off. I think it would be better if shippers and anti-shippers actually talked to each other instead of just going to their seperate corners. But again, that's just me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                  I used to in the old thread just so I could see what was being said...Now I don't want to because I don't want their numbers to go up!

Me too LOL..I will never give a vote or point to the other thread I don't want to mention.lol....

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Just a reminder to all that we shouldn't be making posts about other theads or other factions of the fandom in a place where they're not free to post in reply. Saying whether or not you visit there is fine but no derogatory remarks please.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      I lurk on the anti-shipper thread because...well...for one thing I have to because I'm a moderator and to actually moderate I need to actually read the threads. But even if I wasn't a moderator I would still lurk over in the anti-ship thread because I think it's interesting to read other view points and many times they bring up points that I had never even thought about. I really wish the Ship Discussion thread had taken off. I think it would be better if shippers and anti-shippers actually talked to each other instead of just going to their seperate corners. But again, that's just me.

Well I tried to talk and they do not want to know me ..They flamed me each time I went there in the other forum and I really do not want to speak to somebody who thinks that Pete is not a stalker ..Even if the writer of Chimera himself said that Pete is a stalker .

When I first joined the forum ..I was sent to the all team all time ..I didnot know where I was and I had the worst experience in my life out there..They do really know how to handle a newbie who is lost let me tell you ..I was shocked ...Fortunatly MajorSally (Thank you sally) redirected me to GATEWORLD forum where I found my stargate family ...but I was really worried at first.

Anyway just wanted to say that ...cuz it was a bit hurtful to be in the wrong forum and thread by mistake ...will never do it again if you see what I mean..

Also they all hate Sam over there and I love her

They also hate Jack and I love him too

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

I would still lurk over in the anti-ship thread because I think it's interesting to read other view points and many times they bring up points that I had never even thought about.
                        Yes that's very true.

I really wish the Ship Discussion thread had taken off. I think it would be better if shippers and anti-shippers actually talked to each other instead of just going to their seperate corners. But again, that's just me.
                        For me, right now, I'm still OD on "talking" about it. Given a week, or two I may feel differently Untill then I'm leaving the Discussion Thread well enough alone
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

I agree with you that it would be nice to have a serious discussion between the two "camps" (not the best word I'm sure, just the only one I could think of at the moment). I posted in the ship discussion thread for a while, just felt that discussion kind of degenerated after a while. I enjoyed it when people had good arguments and thoughts on "to ship or not to ship" (that is after all the question LOL). But there were a few folks (who will remain nameless) who I felt weren't really trying to have that serious discussion and were just there to offend (even if it wasn't necessarily personal) and I felt that it ruined the discussion. Most of us are very passionate about our views (shippers and antis alike) and I felt that most were civil--just wish it could have been taken seriously by everyone. I actually like to have discussions with folks that I don't agree with b/c as you've said before, a lot can be learned on both sides. Just wish I didn't feel so insulted by some who would say ugly things about people who value a certain view. Just MHO.
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Anyway ..let's go back in topic.

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Hey can I brag?
                              I normally just lurk and read (AND completely enjoy) the conversation here. Y'all can be really funny!

Anyway about the bragging....mine was one of the letters quoted on the What you wish for in season eight poll. It is the last one quoted. Does that mean I just barely made it in?

I've been a shipper from the beginning...how could anyone miss all those hints?!?

Glad to have found all y'all.

DebMc Texas
                              Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

On Topic: S/J scenes...

I really like the scene in Proving Ground -- the Jello Scene -- show just how great their chemistry is IMO.

I also really like the look Sam gives to Jack at the end of Learning Curve when he gives Merrin the crayons, it was kind of a re-evaluation of him, and IMO it looked like she liked what she saw...

Plus all the banter they had in the infirmary in the episode. And her smile... woah.
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X