This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    ya know, i saw that too. and i do believe he did wipe a tear from his eye.
    in another episode i saw, i think he may have sniffed her hair! (let the debate begin! ha ha ha)

And in the elevator scene (he was very close to Sam)from the episode "Potatoe Head" where do you think his left hand was ???

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Jack(The winner) and Pete

Caty aka ShiDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        That does seem to happen a lot but it's not the status quo. I am a shipper and I love Daniel. I love Daniel with long hair, short hair, bandana, boonie, sleeveless t-shirts, clean, dirty, ascended, descended, glasses, no glasses....well I think you get my point. And even more suprising to a lot of people is that I'm a big fan of the Jack/Daniel friendship. Many people believe that you can't like Jack/Daniel friendship and be a shipper because many (but not all) people feel like ship is ruining or taking something away from the Jack/Daniel friendship.
        I am SOOOOOO with you here! In the movie I liked Daniel so I naturally carried that over into the series and well, MS is quite nice to look at! Have since developed quite the drooling habit over Jack and I'm a hopeless shipper! Started out on a yahoo group of Daniel lovers and when I mentioned something about the ship--BLAM!!! blasted off there!! 30 + angry replies of stuff like "How on earth could I like the ship when it ruins the J/D dynamic?" Boy, was I shocked! I had no idea that some fans believe you just can't like both! So I guess I'll join the weirdos and like BOTH!
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          yes. apparently he doesn't wanna die, he wants to love.
          i'm fine with that. let him love kinsey. there. i said it.
          Ooooooh, I'm loving that idea If we have to have a "ship" with " " involved, how about a Kinsey/" " ship?

In a really silly mood again today--avoiding the errands that are calling my name!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            In a really silly mood again today--avoiding the errands that are calling my name!
            Okay, yes, I'm quoting myself (the afforementioned silly mood)--Just had to try and grab post 500!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Okay, yes, I'm quoting myself (the afforementioned silly mood)--Just had to try and grab post 500!
              It's all good! Your silliness is making me smile. See?

I altered my signature line a little, so I needed to try it out. Do I have that quote right? It is elegant, right? Brain lapse...

Okay then! How about Sam and Jack? Don't they just rock?!? (Stay on topic, Tasha...)
              Tasha
              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Ok all, I was thinking. Now I know that can be very dangerous but.... On my way to our shipper thread I noticed something. There were over 4,766 views of this thread. I was amazed and yes that is when I started to think.

Follow:
                If half, conservatively speaking, of these people lurking are closet shippers that makes still a very large number of Sam/Jack shippers. And this number is just for this little ole forum. Take all the forums out there and then the people who don't even know there are forums or don't participate in them and well, you do the math. That is a WHOLE lot of shippers!!!

Here is the thought. I know TPTB know that there are S/J shippers but I wonder if they have any idea the vast numbers of us.

I hope they take a good look at this new forum, and I hope they do the math!!!!

Oh my! I don't think I baked enough cookies for all these shippers! Back to the kitchen with me!
                Well, Ship Nana, I'm one of them! ...one of those lurking, seldom posts big-time Sam and Jack shippers, that is!

I come here every day to read what everyone has to say and to get that warm fuzzy Sam/Jack feeling. Especially since I have to wait until July for the new eps and because all of my favorite fanfic writers seem to be on hiatus (hopefully, just in production like the show though!). Thank goodness for Caty's and marimba's videos!

I also have two sisters and their husbands who are shippers and none of them participate in any of the internet activity involving the show. One hubby is an adamant shipper. He can't understand why "Sam just doesn't go fishing with the man, for god's sake"! That sisterly couple was very upset about the Chimera episode.

So, yes, I believe you are right in thinking that there are a lot of unrecognized shippers around. I think that most viewers want to see some romance in any show. In fact, isn't that what makes up any form of good entertainment: action and attraction? If TPTB hadn't wanted the viewer to see that in Sam and Jack, they would not have hinted at it from the very beginning or put two such lovely people side by side on the same screen. Right?!

Thanks everyone on this thread for your heartening posts! Now on to read...there are five more pages since yesterday, I think. Wow.

Comment

LOL! Glad to see this mood is benefiting someone! Mainly it's keeping me from my appointed rounds (Actually, I think it could be said that I'm procrastinating) Yep, I think you got that quote right!

SCREW THE REGS!!! MASH THE POTATOES!!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    there is no way to quote you
                    Do you realize you used *that name* 17 times???? I am not a young woman....things like that are hard for me to take early in the morning . Please take pity on the old, the insane and the obsessed......yes all three would be me....... AND then you added "The episode I will not name" ........... I need more coffee... Oy Vey
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      *high five* You go Ship Mum!!

Here let me help:
                      Censored due to EXTREMLY BAD LANGUAGE
                      The Ship Parents are just plain evil I tell ya..........
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi gang. I've been away from here for a day and a half, and I come back and have to read through TEN pages. My goodness, you lot have all been very busy!!!!! I love all the new sigs various people have added, especially "The Kiss" I have to keep stopping to look at it over and over and over and...................
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                          Well, Ship Nana, I'm one of them! ...one of those lurking, seldom posts big-time Sam and Jack shippers, that is!

I come here every day to read what everyone has to say and to get that warm fuzzy Sam/Jack feeling. Especially since I have to wait until July for the new eps and because all of my favorite fanfic writers seem to be on hiatus (hopefully, just in production like the show though!). Thank goodness for Caty's and marimba's videos!

I also have two sisters and their husbands who are shippers and none of them participate in any of the internet activity involving the show. One hubby is an adamant shipper. He can't understand why "Sam just doesn't go fishing with the man, for god's sake"! That sisterly couple was very upset about the Chimera episode.

So, yes, I believe you are right in thinking that there are a lot of unrecognized shippers around. I think that most viewers want to see some romance in any show. In fact, isn't that what makes up any form of good entertainment: action and attraction? If TPTB hadn't wanted the viewer to see that in Sam and Jack, they would not have hinted at it from the very beginning or put two such lovely people side by side on the same screen. Right?!

Thanks everyone on this thread for your heartening posts! Now on to read...there are five more pages since yesterday, I think. Wow.
                          Welcome !!!!! Glad you are here!!!!!

I had to go find coffee since the Ship Parents are being so dastardly lately and while doing so ran into one of my StarGate buddies here at work. ..Well I of Course had to tell her all that was going on this morning on the Shipper Thread and we had a fun laugh at all the antics of the "parents" but she grew serious when I mentioned this post... Not like REAL serious...just not laughing at it......We discussed at length that this is just so true. (this being most people are shippersa to some degree). many times when we have talked in passing to people and mention Stargate, inevetibly the conversation will turn to Sam & Jack since if either one of us in the conversation it WILL go there and neither one of us have met a person who didn't like the couple together and like the all of your family just didn't see why they weren't already together. Granted these are people that just have a passing knowledge of the show and would begin to have their eyes glaze over if I launched into any indepth discussion about why things are the way they are, but the point is.

People LIKE action, humor AND romance with the characters they have come to love and enjoy. and horrors of horrors.............I personally just am a sucker for a happy ending.......does that make me bad

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood

Welcome Elfinwood! I'm one of those lurkers too. I sometimes post, but only when I have the time or when I have something to say, but I mostly like to sit back and read and enjoy what the other shippers have to say. I have come to find that shippers are very funny, exciting and passionate! And I know what you mean about the fuzzy Sam/Jack feeling. I get that all the time when I come in here. And yes, thank goodness for Caty's and Marimba's videos! They've certainly helped the wait for next season.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              Hi gang. I've been away from here for a day and a half, and I come back and have to read through TEN pages. My goodness, you lot have all been very busy!!!!! I love all the new sigs various people have added, especially "The Kiss" I have to keep stopping to look at it over and over and over and...................
                              Dontcha just love that signature!!!
                              We have such a creative bunch over here!! I LOVE all of Caty's aka Ship Diva's animated smilies that keep doing damage to "mashed potatoe "

And of course the heart strings are now attuned for our lateset couple / be still my shippy heart....

And LT Lisa........STILL Dancing and Chanting in her ceremonial BDUs
                              of course I personally just like to sit back, grab a cup of java and one of Ship Nana's cookies and talk, talk, talk, talk never would have guessed that would ya

this is what happens when I need a break from reality grind
                              well had to post so we were back on top

Comment

I love to talk to you guys too, but it's coming up for 6pm here, and Sky 1 are about to show Death Knell. I'll be back after I've watched. Bye xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X