• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    [B]

Sam to Potatoe head....[B]

<snipped>

Sam to jack :

Caty, those are great! Where the heck did you get those? Really cute. Thanks!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Answers:

Of course you can.

No you're not, unless I am too, which I suppose isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

Don't worry about we already no... we're parents after all

Nothing that isn't wrong with me.
      ah ship daddy. you always know just what to say to make me feel better.
      thats it. i'm out. i'm bi-ship. i love them both (J/D & S/J), but in veeeerrry different ways.

Comment

sure, sure flatter me now, *after* you've made fun of me
        A little good.....
        a little kidding

its all in love
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Tasha, welcome! This is now your official shipper home, so come home whenever you need a hug and encouragement. We're one BIG happy family here! Well, we're mostly happy... until we talk about THAT EPISODE, and THAT CHARACTER (they go unnamed because... we can't spell them) So, Tasha, pull up a chair, have some of our special shipper cookies, and enjoy the bliss that is " Sam & Jack " !

Sally
          Thank you, Sally! That's the main reason I love this place! Everyone is so friendly! Don't worry...I don't like to discuss the episode and character that don't REALLY exist. Boy, am I glad there's an endless supply of cookies. When does Ship Nana sleep?

Tasha
          Tasha
          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            personally i think that they do handle the balance between all the characters more or less very evenly.
            I would have to say in season 7, given RDAs reduced schedual, it *was* Jack/Sam heavy. Not that I'm complaining too much mind you, but it would have been nice to see Jack interacting with other people from time to time...

but i've actually heard people say that jack shouldn't have had his little scene with sam because it took away from daniel somehow!
            People's complaints, generally speaking, were that it was an inapropriate time to be "making goo-goo eyes"-- or what ever they call it-- at each other.

Despite the fact that I see them as having a "special relationship" I don't think it was inapropriate because I saw that scene as Sam being concerend for Daniel, but also showing her concern for Jack going into a dangers and unknow situation. And Jack being torn between his concern for three friends one in a dangerous situation and two going into a dangerous situation.

The other compalint I've heard is that Jack didn't seem to want to go after Daniel, which I NEVER felt that way. I think Jack shut down emotionally just like he did after Daniel died/ascended because he was concerned for his friend, it's how he copes, and that's what I saw happening.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Ahhh, but YOU TOO can hook them all! I have! Hubs thought I was nuts when I first got into it! Scoffed when I wanted to keep Showtime so I could watch! Ah, but I've turned him around! He now loves it! Even starting to make his own vids! Kids are shippers too! (I started teaching them young LOL) They'll come around! But until they do, you can always come here!
              Oh my! The possibilities! I could start them on a Sam and Jack campaign...have them make fliers...write letters to TPTB...one kid knows how to write. My husband isn't so understanding. I think he gets sick of watching Stargate every night. Doesn't know what he's missing. Maybe I can change his mind by whispering all the good things about Sam and Jack to him while he sleeps. He might have good dreams at least.

Tasha
              Tasha
              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I have no probs with wanting a romantic ending. I'm not above begging, though.

Sally
                Up off those pretty little knees of yours Aunty Sally! No shipper in this family is gonna beg. You are absolutely right when you said:

We'll have been waiting 8 bloody years for this simple storyline to resolve itself in a shippy way -something the writers started themselves
                Sally
                The shippers did not start this. TPTB did. Not only did they start it but they have flaunted it, teased it and continued it right up until the last second in the last show of Season 7.

And by G-d they are gonna finish IT!!! No backing out for them now.

Gonna go eat some of my own cookies!!!
                Last edited by Ship Nana; 05 May 2004, 04:24 PM.
                Ship Nana

Comment

QUOTE/I think the other forum was loads easier to
                  navigate. Oh well, I guess I'm old. (Don't know your excuse! LOL)/QUOTE

I totally agree! Not about you being old! For some reason everything on this forum is too ...wide?... for my computer monitor and I have to move the cursor to read every line. very fristrating. If there is an automatic wrap function somewhere, they hid very well...

I am in the same boat as stargatebarbie (I think that who it was) - i love Daniel and all the friend-shipy moments. Doesn't mean I don't want S and J to realize they are made for each other.

On the spoiler note - I love spoilers. Martin Wood should be dropping by every night with dailies for me to watch, Paul M. should be e-mailing me script pages as they are written, Brad W. should conference call me to hear pitches as they are being made. No such thing as too much information.

::ducking out to catch Beast of Burden::::
                  SB

Comment

I would have to say in season 7, given RDAs reduced schedual, it *was* Jack/Sam heavy. Not that I'm complaining too much mind you, but it would have been nice to see Jack interacting with other people from time to time...

People's complaints, generally speaking, were that it was an inapropriate time to be "making goo-goo eyes"-- or what ever they call it-- at each other.

Despite the fact that I see them as having a "special relationship" I don't think it was inapropriate because I saw that scene as Sam being concerend for Daniel, but also showing her concern for Jack going into a dangers and unknow situation. And Jack being torn between his concern for three friends one in a dangerous situation and two going into a dangerous situation.

The other compalint I've heard is that Jack didn't seem to want to go after Daniel, which I NEVER felt that way. I think Jack shut down emotionally just like he did after Daniel died/ascended because he was concerned for his friend, it's how he copes, and that's what I saw happening.
                    i did think he had some pretty good moments with all the team, i never really noticed him having more time with sam because after all, they do have to work more closely together than the others. she is second in command and often has to explain the science bits to him as pure exposition for the audience.

as for what you said about the scenes in evolution i pretty much agree with how you saw it. i saw her expression in that scene as being both worried for jack and daniel, relief that someone she trusted was going after daniel, and also slight anxiety over the fact that she is now in command of a very dangerous mission. i saw jacks expression as concern for both his friend who is missing and his friends who are going on a very dangerous mission without him. i think he was pleased that he got to do something about the daniel situation, because he knew that both missions would now be carried out by people he trusted, i.e, himself, and sam, teal'c & co. i do think they were looking at each other with love in their eyes, but hey! what do you expect from two people who are in love!? they're not robots! (though that might be kinda cool if they were, remember "tin man"? wasn't that cool?)

come to think of it, it just goes to show what great actors all these people are, to be able to express so much in just a few shots.

and i'm done with the rant.

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                      Oh my! The possibilities! I could start them on a Sam and Jack campaign...have them make fliers...write letters to TPTB...one kid knows how to write. My husband isn't so understanding. I think he gets sick of watching Stargate every night. Doesn't know what he's missing. Maybe I can change his mind by whispering all the good things about Sam and Jack to him while he sleeps. He might have good dreams at least.

Tasha
                      aaahh. subliminal messaging. i like your style. but don't forget to make bumper stickers! "honk if you love sam & jack!", and so on. let them hear us on the streets too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        The shippers did not start this. TPTB did. Not only did they start it but they have flaunted it, teased it and continued it right up until the last second in the last show of Season 7.

And by G-d they are gonna finish IT!!! No backing out for them now.

Gonna go eat some of my own cookies!!!
                        You tell 'em Ship Nana
                        what you haven't been eating your own cookies all this time???
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i did think he had some pretty good moments with all the team, i never really noticed him having more time with sam because after all, they do have to work more closely together than the others. she is second in command and often has to explain the science bits to him as pure exposition for the audience.

as for what you said about the scenes in evolution i pretty much agree with how you saw it. i saw her expression in that scene as being both worried for jack and daniel, relief that someone she trusted was going after daniel, and also slight anxiety over the fact that she is now in command of a very dangerous mission. i saw jacks expression as concern for both his friend who is missing and his friends who are going on a very dangerous mission without him. i think he was pleased that he got to do something about the daniel situation, because he knew that both missions would now be carried out by people he trusted, i.e, himself, and sam, teal'c & co. i do think they were looking at each other with love in their eyes, but hey! what do you expect from two people who are in love!? they're not robots! (though that might be kinda cool if they were, remember "tin man"? wasn't that cool?)

come to think of it, it just goes to show what great actors all these people are, to be able to express so much in just a few shots.

and i'm done with the rant.
                          This was how I saw Evol. as well. Both Sam & Jack cared that the other was going into danger but both trusted the other to get the jobs at hand done and come back alive.
                          But, I too, have read a lot of different complaints about how *that* moment before Jack left to get Daniel was ruined by the *Love* scene. The complaints though seemed to stem from the comentary on the DVD and did not surface at the original airing. From what I understand there was a comment made at the end of the DVD commentary about Sam & Jack and a sweet look, or love in their eyes, something to that affect but as I understand it, that comment was made during the end scene right before Jack says "Lunch?"
                          However, somewhere down the line it has been mis-communicated as being the comments (DVD commentary) made during the scene right before Jack leaves and thus the controversary I have read and the complaints.

I guess it just is another example that even when it is coming from TPTB's mouths it can still be misconstrued...mmmmmmm

Comment

I was just reading stargate barbie's post about the scene in evolution and I just remembered something I forgot to say erlier... One thing that did bother the heck out of me was the lighting... I hated the way it framed Sam's face it almost made her look like a flating head. plus who the heck works with delicate equipment in LOW lighting!?!?!
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

i'm all in favour of bring *character name censored * back. in the following way only though:
                              ahem...
                              sam dumps him.
                              then!
                              kinsey hires him, he becomes a bad guy, but as far as he is concerned he's doing nothing wrong. (just like always, the oblivious sack of... potatoes)
                              then they can keep him all they like. as a bad guy. and far far far far faaaarrr, away from sam.

This idea I like!!!!!!
                              Besides I've heard playing the "bad guy" is much more fun for an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                This was how I saw Evol. as well. Both Sam & Jack cared that the other was going into danger but both trusted the other to get the jobs at hand done and come back alive.
                                But, I too, have read a lot of different complaints about how *that* moment before Jack left to get Daniel was ruined by the *Love* scene. The complaints though seemed to stem from the comentary on the DVD and did not surface at the original airing. From what I understand there was a comment made at the end of the DVD commentary about Sam & Jack and a sweet look, or love in their eyes, something to that affect but as I understand it, that comment was made during the end scene right before Jack says "Lunch?"
                                However, somewhere down the line it has been mis-communicated as being the comments (DVD commentary) made during the scene right before Jack leaves and thus the controversary I have read and the complaints.

I guess it just is another example that even when it is coming from TPTB's mouths it can still be misconstrued...mmmmmmm
                                yep. first i read about how AT said they were looking at each other with love in their eyes in that scene. so i awaited my dvd to confirm such allegations. however there was a postal strike in ireland at the time and i ended up waiting about 3 WEEKS for my dvd. gggrrrrrrr. so when i finally got it and listened to the comments it was completely different. it was in the last scene for starters. it was said in a very lighthearted, jokey fashion and by golly it was GREAT! (for the most part) so then i posted the TRUE info on the old forum. dang anti shipper propaganda!. still though its amazing how such an innocent conversation like that can be changed and tarnished so much. this is exactly why i don't like to jump to conclusions until i've seen the evidence dagnabbit!

anyway... isn't stargate great? and this sam/jack thing i've heard practically no fuss about, whats that about huh? although now that i think about it for the first time ever..... wouldn't those two make a cute couple?

Comment

Working...
                                X