Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and another thing. why is it that so many people seem to be either daniels great and sam's crap or the other way around? whats that about?
    can't i like both? am i different? oh god, how am i gonna tell ship mum and ship dad? and what about ship nana? whats wrong with meeee!!!???!!!

(i just realised, i think chimera is the only episode that i've ever really criticised this much. i just can't stop it!)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      ya know a thought just hit me earlier today.
      i've always seen the ship. but in season 4 i think they really amplified it, and i started to get a little bit worried that they'd go all moonlighting on us and ruin the show with crappy romance episodes where sam and jack are playing kissy face in every other scene. i realised today that what i didn't want to see happen with sam and jack is exactly what happened without jack!
      they went all crappy romance episode with sam and * character name censored *. they handled sam and jacks relationship perfectly well and still maintained the shows excellence, and i believe if they did get sam and jack together they could probably still manage it brilliantly, with a perfect balance between ship and the kick bum show that we're used to.

its also interesting to note that the shippier (whether you see it as friendship or more) seasons or parts of seasons seem to be universally more popular. especially the more obvious seasons 4 and second half of season 7. maybe thats just my crazy opinion, but there it is.

ps, i still think sam should just dump that sack of... potatoes

Well, I for one was nodding my head YES!!!!! with every point you made. Even about the little asides down at the bottom...I like PDL too and don't want to ever think he would do something like that....I hope PDL is above that....... I hope he doesn't have enough POWER to do that.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

and another thing. why is it that so many people seem to be either daniels great and sam's crap or the other way around? whats that about?
        can't i like both? am i different? oh god, how am i gonna tell ship mum and ship dad? and what about ship nana? whats wrong with meeee!!!???!!!

That does seem to happen a lot but it's not the status quo. I am a shipper and I love Daniel. I love Daniel with long hair, short hair, bandana, boonie, sleeveless t-shirts, clean, dirty, ascended, descended, glasses, no glasses....well I think you get my point. And even more suprising to a lot of people is that I'm a big fan of the Jack/Daniel friendship. Many people believe that you can't like Jack/Daniel friendship and be a shipper because many (but not all) people feel like ship is ruining or taking something away from the Jack/Daniel friendship.

I think that with RDA's reduced schedule and TPTB's decision to focus on Sam and Jack in the latter half of season 7 that it did take screentime away from J/D and it did seem like there was less of that back and forth banter I know and love but I truly believe that there has to be a way that TPTB can write both S/J ship and J/D friendship and heck even some team episodes without having to compromise one or the other. But heck, that's me. The eternal optimist.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Well, I for one was nodding my head YES!!!!! with every point you made. Even about the little asides down at the bottom...I like PDL too and don't want to ever think he would do something like that....I hope PDL is above that....... I hope he doesn't have enough POWER to do that.
          aaww. thank you. and i don't think he'd have that much power without the total support of the other producers after all, to my knowledge he's not the EXCECUTIVE producer on the show...yet.
          i'm all in favour of bring *character name censored * back. in the following way only though:
          ahem...
          sam dumps him.
          then!
          kinsey hires him, he becomes a bad guy, but as far as he is concerned he's doing nothing wrong. (just like always, the oblivious sack of... potatoes)
          then they can keep him all they like. as a bad guy. and far far far far faaaarrr, away from sam.

Comment

aaww. thank you. and i don't think he'd have that much power without the total support of the other producers after all, to my knowledge he's not the EXCECUTIVE producer on the show...yet.
            i'm all in favour of bring *character name censored * back. in the following way only though:
            ahem...
            sam dumps him.
            then!
            kinsey hires him, he becomes a bad guy, but as far as he is concerned he's doing nothing wrong. (just like always, the oblivious sack of... potatoes)
            then they can keep him all they like. as a bad guy. and far far far far faaaarrr, away from sam.

and...drum rollllllll................mantra

"Screw the regs! Mash the potatoes! Sam and Jack forever!!!!"
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

This place is fun, but I will admit that I'm still missing the other forum big time. It was just easier to navigate, in every way. Just my taste.
              Sally
              Apparently, my taste, too. I think the other forum was loads easier to
              navigate. Oh well, I guess I'm old. (Don't know your excuse! LOL)

Glad to see that lots of shippitude made it over. That was my word, way
              back when. I hope the S8 writers have lots of it!

I enjoy reading everyone's shippy angst. I hope we get a good resolution,
              but it seems that television history is not in our favor.

And now...back to RDA Thunking!

--OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
              appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
              full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
              in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Spoilers: The Episode Of Which I Dare Not Speak

<snipped>

I was thinking about this last night, and now I'd like to see:

Jack asks, "How's Pete?" Sam says she not seeing him and Jack asks why not? Sam gives him a long look, appropriate music starts up (you video people do the selecting) and she slowly cups his face in both her hands, leans forward and gives him a slooow, deep, long, luscious kiss - kind of like at the end of The Other Guys, but better. Then she slowly pulls away, Jack is frozen with an "Oh, Wow!" look on his face, and she slowly turns and walks away. The scene slowly fades to the closing credits.

Yowza!
                *whimpers* I LOVE it! And Rick and Amanda are sooo good at speaking with their expressions, so this scene would be 'die on the spot with a smile on your face' worthy.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

yay! my shippy family is just like me! (as far as i can tell from that one post so far)
                  personally i think that they do handle the balance between all the characters more or less very evenly. take evolution for example. they had nice scenes between sam and jack. they had nice scenes between jack and daniel. teal'c had bra'tac for company so he shouldn't feel that left out. it was all good!
                  but i've actually heard people say that jack shouldn't have had his little scene with sam because it took away from daniel somehow!

i think this is just because i had the crazy idea of looking around some other non sam/jack friendly sites (among others) which shall remain nameless. i got so frustrated after reading a few posts that i just had to leave. i couldn't take all the negativity. (says she, negatively).

wow i'm really complaining a lot lately. thats not like me. personally i blame the deluise family! (kidding!). seriously though, i blame... ya know... that episode.... the one SOME of us don't really like very much...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    *whimpers* I LOVE it! And Rick and Amanda are sooo good at speaking with their expressions, so this scene would be 'die on the spot with a smile on your face' worthy.

Sally
                    The way you have with words Sally......

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS

I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate being able to come to this thread and read the positive thoughts about the Sam and Jack relationship. I get discouraged sometimes (and impatient ) and everyone here really helps keep my hopes alive and my shipper sanity intact.

Tasha[/FONT]

Tasha, welcome! This is now your official shipper home, so come home whenever you need a hug and encouragement. We're one BIG happy family here! Well, we're mostly happy... until we talk about THAT EPISODE, and THAT CHARACTER (they go unnamed because... we can't spell them) So, Tasha, pull up a chair, have some of our special shipper cookies, and enjoy the bliss that is " Sam & Jack " !

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        THIS is WHY I love you!!!! you know everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sure, sure flater me now, *after* you've made fun of me
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                          Then she slowly pulls away, Jack is frozen with an "Oh, Wow!" look on his face, and she slowly turns and walks away. The scene slowly fades to the closing credits.
                          yeah, ya notice how sam didn't return mr. potato heads "wow" in... ya know... that episode some people didn't like... you know the one.
                          i'd bet the life of any non potato person that she'd return the sentiment with jack. or possibly initiate the wow. oh wow.

i'm really posting a lot here tonight, aren't i? hhhmmm

Comment

Answers:

Of course you can.

No you're not, unless I am too, which I suppose isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

Don't worry about we already know... we're parents after all

Nothing that isn't wrong with me.
                            Last edited by bcmilco; 04 May 2004, 06:39 PM.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              I stopped watching JAG just because of that.

Me too. I should write them and let them know, but from what I've heard of the lead writer, he wouldn't give a crap about it. And also seeing as Jag wasn't that great when I took away the ship, it was easy to drop the show.

It is about time that WE got what WE want JUST ONCE. And you know what? I have decided that it is ok to be selfish ONCE every now and then as in once in 8 years. And this is the NOW and THEN!!!

I couldn't agree more! We'll have been waiting 8 bloody years for this simple storyline to resolve itself in a shippy way -something the writers started themselves- so I have no probs with wanting a romantic ending. I'm not above begging, though.

Sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 04 May 2004, 06:06 PM. Reason: messed up quoting.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

(i just realised, i think chimera is the only episode that i've ever really criticised this much. i just can't stop it!)
                                I'm totally with you! I love all the characters. I enjoy the show mainly for the team...the ship is a huge side benefit! I have a friend who is a non-shipper and she thinks I'm crazy when I tell her shippers like the team too. Somehow, we've gotten a reputation for being strictly Sam and Jack focused and that just isn't true.

So don't worry, Stargate Barbie, you're not alone.

Tasha
                                Tasha
                                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Working...
                                X