This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eken95
    This place is looking kind of strange, it doesn't feel too homely just yet. I came across a kids book the other day called Sam and Jack, which was rather sweet. Those names just go together so well

erika

Erika! *waves*

This place is fun, but I will admit that I'm still missing the other forum big time. It was just easier to navigate, in every way. Just my taste. Glad to see you over here in happy shipper land.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

DDL is on Gilmore Girls with one of his brothers. He's fine as long as AT isn't around anywhere.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
        Hi MajorSal!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I too am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for armPit's quick exit.

Last night I was watching the commentary for Wormhole Xtreme and either PDL or JM said that Anise from S4 didn't go over as well as everyone had hoped and that it was a thankless part that didn't really fit into the show. Now, they didn't say specifically that fan reaction played any part in their decision to drop the character, but that sets a precedent, doesn't it? It gives me hope that the negative reaction to Pete will help them see that his too is a thankless part that doesn't really fit into the show and give him the ax!

Sorry for the late response.
        That actress wasn't lucky enough to have a relation that was a member of TPTB. Things may turn out differently for DDL.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
          Hi, Tame!

I feel like I know all of you already. I've been lurking for a looooooong time! I guess I shouldn't have said my family doesn't get Sam and Jack...my oldest daughter is all for it...she just thinks I talk about them too much. Imagine! Talking about Sam and Jack too much! Is that even possible? Kids!
          Well no, I would have NEVER thought that
          Well, I've been a shipper since the first episode so I am deeply involved in their relationship and the outcome. Besides THAT episode, I was really excited about season 7. The hug in Heroes II had me on the edge of my seat yelling "Kiss her! Kiss her!" (I still have no idea why my family thinks I'm obsessed.) And I about cried from the emotion on Sam's face at the end of Lost City. I'm nervous about season 8 and where it will lead, but I'm trying to remain positive. I get really involved emotionally in their relationship and get sick to my stomache when I think they may not end up together.
          YOU a SSSSOOOOO not alone here!!! I think we all have invested ourselves emotionally to varying degrees. That is part of what makes us shippers and why we are so nice on top of that
          One of the reasons I think I personally am going to try to avoid "as many as possible" Sam & Jack spoilers is just for the reasons you stated above, I start getting worried they may not end up together and then I start lamenting about "Oh how could TPTB do this to us"? I have to stop that.... MY kids are tired of it I too reley on the thread to keep my positive spirits up!!

Well, I've written a book! Making up for lost time, I guess. I think I need to go steal some more of those cookies from Ship Nana! Gotta love calorie-free comfort food!

Tasha
          Well...ahem...Am not gonna ever say a word about anyone posting anything long....ahem ahem..
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Ah oh...

Maybe PS IS the Black Widow Curse!

Sally
            or at least he's a curse...a plague on our shipper house!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              Ya know Sal,I keep hearing this and is it a real spoiler???
              If it is that could be really good news for us shippers cuz Sam doesn't seem like the type to shock easily!!!
              Jack either says something really profound or kisses her or something like that.(mabey both!!!)
              I wonder if whatever it is they will show it or just leave us guessing????
              I think that the 1st half of season 8 will test our shipper resolve but I'm really hoping for the big payoff in the 2nd half of season 8!!!!!

I talked to one of the two ladies that have the sides(spoilers) -after I posted this of course- and she said that to not put too much into this, because too much could have happened in between Sam leaving Jack and their convo to her walking into Daniel's lab. So, it could be that Jack said something profound to her, or she's reacting to something that happened in the plot. Darn, I wish I hadn't posted that 'looking like a ghost' thing if it's going to get our hopes up too high. Sorry shippers.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                Lol, lets hope so
                Or if Jack is best man and Sam is bridsemaid isn't it tradition for the best man and bridsemaid to get together???
                Hey, at this point in time I would settle for simply a big, wet, full on the lips, shipper fainting, bridesmaid and best man KISS!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Tame said this (I somehow managed to erase the cool blue box):

One of the reasons I think I personally am going to try to avoid "as many as possible" Sam & Jack spoilers is just for the reasons you stated above, I start getting worried they may not end up together and then I start lamenting about "Oh how could TPTB do this to us"? I have to stop that.... MY kids are tired of it I too reley on the thread to keep my positive spirits up!!

I said this:

I keep telling myself I'm not going to read any spoilers anymore, but my willpower seems to have disappeared. I actually enjoy the episodes more when I don't know what is going to happen, because my expectations aren't as high. When I'm expecting a really shippy episode and not much happens, I'm depressed for days.
                  When I don't know what's going to happen and something shippy does occur, even if minimal, it makes my day! Unfortunately, my willpower is in hiding and won't come out when I call..."Willpower, where are you???" Okay, sorry, a little goofy tonight.

Tasha
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

I said this:

I keep telling myself I'm not going to read any spoilers anymore, but my willpower seems to have disappeared. I actually enjoy the episodes more when I don't know what is going to happen, because my expectations aren't as high. When I'm expecting a really shippy episode and not much happens, I'm depressed for days.
                    When I don't know what's going to happen and something shippy does occur, even if minimal, it makes my day! Unfortunately, my willpower is in hiding and won't come out when I call..."Willpower, where are you???" Okay, sorry, a little goofy tonight.

Tasha
                    My willpower and your willpower are out together I think
                    Cause that is what happens to me too........I "say I will avoid them" then the next thing I know I am buried in "spoilers"...How did that happen??
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                      Hey, at this point in time I would settle for simply a big, wet, full on the lips, shipper fainting, bridesmaid and best man KISS!
                      We are so sad... we just want ANYTHING that puts those two's lips together

Comment

The hug in Heroes II had me on the edge of my seat yelling "Kiss her! Kiss her!" (I still have no idea why my family thinks I'm obsessed.) And I about cried from the emotion on Sam's face at the end of Lost City. I'm nervous about season 8 and where it will lead, but I'm trying to remain positive. I get really involved emotionally in their relationship and get sick to my stomache when I think they may not end up together.
                        Oh Tasha honey. All that pent up ship is just not a good thing.

Well, I've written a book! Making up for lost time, I guess. I think I need to go steal some more of those cookies from Ship Nana! Gotta love calorie-free comfort food!

Tasha
                        Let it go and be free! We are here for you.
                        Don't you worry, Sam and Jack are gonna be together when all is said and done. We and they haven't been through all this angst for nothing.

Try the chocolate chip cookies.
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          My willpower and your willpower are out together I think
                          Cause that is what happens to me too........I "say I will avoid them" then the next thing I know I am buried in "spoilers"...How did that happen??
                          I love spoilers, I just assume what ever they tell us is suspect until it happens, and if they say it's going to be shippy I assume it'll be friendshippy because they don't have a clue most of the time anyway

Then if it's friendshippy fine, and if it's a big shippy deal then I'm pleased and I get a goofy grin on my face.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by BCM
                            Then if it's friendshippy fine, and if it's a big shippy deal then I'm pleased and I get a goofy grin on my face
                            THAT put a big goofy grin on my face.....because I understand EXACTLY what you mean!!
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 04 May 2004, 06:23 PM.

Comment

ya know a thought just hit me earlier today.
                              i've always seen the ship. but in season 4 i think they really amplified it, and i started to get a little bit worried that they'd go all moonlighting on us and ruin the show with crappy romance episodes where sam and jack are playing kissy face in every other scene. i realised today that what i didn't want to see happen with sam and jack is exactly what happened without jack!
                              they went all crappy romance episode with sam and * character name censored *. they handled sam and jacks relationship perfectly well and still maintained the shows excellence, and i believe if they did get sam and jack together they could probably still manage it brilliantly, with a perfect balance between ship and the kick bum show that we're used to.

its also interesting to note that the shippier (whether you see it as friendship or more) seasons or parts of seasons seem to be universally more popular. especially the more obvious seasons 4 and second half of season 7. maybe thats just my crazy opinion, but there it is.

ps, i still think sam should just dump that sack of... potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

Here's a link to the answer:
                                http://forums.delphiforums.com/starg...ges?msg=9086.4

Hope this helps
                                THIS is WHY I love you!!!! you know everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X