This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    token, if i weren't already the ship cookie monster i'd take the job, but i'm happy with who i am.

i think since you said it, if you want it, i'm nominating you.

1 vote for token as ship monkey, who'll second it?
    I don't know about that! Did you see the monkey after eating the yellow cookies?!! LOL Ship Nana is on a roll tonight! It's gonna be a goood night!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Yes.

I know a lot of anti-shippers are feeling this too. Yes, they want the S/J relationship to be gone/not exist, but they also want more Daniel emphasis and the Jack/Daniel friendship to be made more of. And to them, they've been feeling this depression for quite a while. They were very excited by MS returning, but it didn't turn out the way they wanted. Now, to them, there's few Daniel eps, *very* few J/D scenes, and they're getting TWO ships being played at the same time. I don't agree with what they're saying about Sam and S/J ship, but I sooo understand their feelings of discontent and depression. The shippers are not alone is being upset with what's going on. Solving the probs with make one side even more depressed, but... but nothing really. I'm guess I'm just trying to say that a lot of fandom is irked by the things going on, and I feel it wouldn't take much to make a lot of ppl happy. Drop the S/P storyline. Add more D/J and team friendship moments. Keep the ship subtle till the last eps. I know, the antis won't like that, but if they're getting some good stuff that DOES make them happy, they might not mind so much. It seems so easy to make so many ppl happy. Why can't it happen???

Sally
      Sal - I agree. I watched "Need" Monday night (wanted to watch "Foothold" last night, but one of those darn thunderstorms zapped the electricity in our area for 5 hours...... I was not a happy camper... at least until the power came back & I could get on here), but anyway... it was a great D episode. Good moments between D/J, & the team was involved in the entire plotline. When the focus is zoomed in on each individual alot more in one season & it's not carefully scripted & team involvement isn't interwoven in throughout the plot....... it shows. And none of us get happy.

I don't blame RDA at all for limiting his schedule to pursue other things. He's worked hard at great shows for a lonnnngggg time & deserves to change his schedule if he wants. But it's given the writers & PTB a waaaayyy higher bar to reach to try to pull off his absence from all Ships he has in a way that doesn't leave us all walking away grumbling.

I think most of us in most of the threads agree..........it's all in how it's written. (We already know the actors are great at making the most with what they're given.) Sublety (&some honey) will get you everywhere, banging us upside the head w/a 2x4 won't.

Food for thought or discussion... think TPTB paying homage to movies in writing the show has affected the latest seasons - both the S/J ship & TEAM ship? If there were some non-movie theme based eps of it's-an-SG-original variety, would that spice up life for all of us? I mean they've got great characters. Great actors. A GREAT established fan base.

How 'bout it guys? Make us all happy?

(Oh - I keep forgetting to tell you Sal, how much I love your sig/pic line!)
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

You have a good point stargate barbie but I heard TPTB say they would not let negative or positive Ship comments affect there decisions.If TPTB just put Sam and Jack together a couple of Seasons ago we could have been past this issue and on to resolving other storylines.I also though there was nothing wrong with Evolution.I do not want the characters to act like robots with no feelings.I love the Sam and Jack ship and also love the overall team friendship and caring.I though Evolution had both.I think the Sam and Jack relationship has added a critical element to the show.It shows the struggle of fighting the Goa'uld and the personal sacrafices that are made by two people in Love

Comment

A quick factoid I thought I'd share....
          While finishing my lunch today & reading our Thread, I scrolled down to the bottom of the page & noticed under the "Similar Threads" box that the 1st 3 S/J Threads were shown & checked out the 'last post' dates...... It'd appear we Shippers are gobbling up new Threads at a rate of 1 every 10 days if I read it right!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hi! <waves> I couldn't stay away! Its a slow week here in Virginia, so I'm catching up on posts for a bit! (happy to see us on shipper thread 4...really 9!!! can we change that next time?)
            Sacme, I love the new sig...but, Mala I DO want Jack to end up on top (or Sam )...Marimba, no I can;t watch stargate...my roommate actually brought a tv but so far we just get the religion channel (church stuff, not a secret shipper channel... )...Tame, will appreciate the updates
            <hugs to my shipper family>

and of course...<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Aye!

Comment

ShipDaddy seems to think RL is more important -go figure - but he'll return.

She's in prison -or wherever she's being sent to- but she'll return.

Rumors of Tame's mental breakdown are... true. But she'll return!

Wondered what that smell was.....

No, we're in tack!

ShipDaddy is looking into becoming a pimp. Lt Lisa is staging a prison break as we speak. Tame is receiving shock treatments with orderlies dressed in cowboy hats and holsters. Only. The ship family is fine, and the missing members will return. But until then...

Jack brings a bottle of wine and a video tape to Sam's house. Sam answers the door and lets him in. As she's getting the wine glasses, she asks about the tape. Jack merely puts it in the vcr and starts it. Sam sits down, frowning at the screen. Until she recognizes the tape. And her. And him. And her sexy tank top number of years ago. She quickly glances to him and back to the tape. Jack smiles and says it's the tape from the Broca incident, and that he'd kept it all these years. He turns to her and asks her if she still has the tank top. He wants to role play. Sam whimpers. Jack grins. It's the beginning of a long night.

Sally
                Aunt Sally! I'm not in prison ...internship...I'll be on AT LEAST once a week, probably more...just not a couple times a day like usual...and I love your imagination!!! hehe...

when will ship daddy be back? and Tame!! come back! I'll dance and chant for you!
                <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

edited: oh, welcome back ship daddy!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Oh my god, the pressure! I can't do it!

*bites pink shipper cookie*

Wow, I've got an idea!

*realizes pink shipper cookies increases creativity and brain power... decides to hand out to ENTIRE crew at work!*

Okay... *rubs hands together*.... Let's see......

Jack: "Carter, dump the boytoy and hook up with me."

Sam: "I can't! WE can't!"

Jack: "Sure we can."

Sam: "No we can't."

Jack: "Can."

Sam: "Can't."

Jack: "Can."

Sam: "Can't!"

Jack: "Can and will."

Sam: "But... "

Jack: "Dump him."

Jack: "Be with me."

Jack: "I love you."

Sam: *blinks*

Jack: *grins*

Sam: "I... uh... I.... uh... "

Jack: "Be with me, Carter. Stay with me from now on. Forever."

Sam: " .................. "

Jack: "Carter, answer me."

Sam: "I love you.... I accept."

Jack: "Boytoy?"

Sam: "Who?"

Jack: "Pete."

Sam: "Who?"

Jack: *grins*

Sam: *beams*

The Beginning.

Sally
                  SEE? I knew you could do it! I knew I passed the mantle to the right person!
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    okay, it's time for a blue cookie (dreamy bliss) for you, shipper-- I know for certain the blue cookies can alleve the shipper blues! Yes, Sam did decide to try to move on from Jack in "Grace," but she "didn't say it'd be easy." And that *AMAZING* kiss that she gave him in her mind, says to me that it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE. She didn't stop feeling for him after "Grace" and I believe we're going to see sam fall in love with Jack all over again.

Ship Sistah

Thanks for the cookie (I've munched it right down!) I so hope you're right about Sam falling in love with Jack again. Of course, how could she not? "C'mere" I mean, who can resist that?
                    I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      I would tend to think that being in a relationship like that would make you more secure about what was going on?!? I think that knock on the head in "Grace" was a little harder then they thought
                      LOL! I agree--maybe instead of seeing things more clearly the episode that will not be named was merely a lingering delusion from the "massive concussion."

Comment

Pardon my dullness, but where does the picture of the hands come from?

Comment

Huh? What ring? What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                            Thanks for the cookie (I've munched it right down!) I so hope you're right about Sam falling in love with Jack again. Of course, how could she not? "C'mere" I mean, who can resist that?
                            see i think that she's still in love with him and has just convinced herself that she's not so sure about that, or maybe she's convinced herself that she's over it or something like that. i think she thinks that he's not in love with her. i'm hoping she'll just realise that he's still in love with her and that she never got over him, and she loves him just as much as ever, maybe more.

when did i get so optimistic?
                            nana? what've you been putting in those cookies?

the strangely positive ship cookie monster. be afraid... be very afraid... for the safety of all your cookies... dammit i need i smilie with one raised eyebrow. this is a stargate forum! stargate has teal'c! how can we not have a smilie with one raised eyebrow?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Hi Mjj1993!!!

No news as far as I know!

But don't ya think that is interesting?

Here we are so close to the start of a new season and really no real news on Sam and Jack!!!

Cooincidence? I think NOT!!!
                              A conspiracy? Is the truth out there? Oops, different show, and yet....

Okay, I'll keep the faith and eat more chocolate and more yellow shipper cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                I'am willing to try anything.With the Shippers luck Pete would intercept the care packages.I do not understand TPTB of all these shows.What is so hard to write a romance between two characters without changing the hole show.Real life is complicated enough without our TV Shows driving us Crazy.I would have been happy to see Sam and Jack get together and just see a Kiss a Hug or see them eating dinner together every once in a while.I never would expect a hole episode of just Sam and Jack.TPTB cannot even write Sam and Jack together for 5 seconds without complicating things.
                                Excellent points! Ditto for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X