This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    You know I think we have to pull back a little bit and get a better look at the big picture. I keep remembering Kinsey's words to the President about Jack and Sam. Maybe his interfering will backfire on him and be a positive thing for Jack and Sam. I think that his words, although meant to be a negative thing for Jack and Sam, spoke volumns. That was probably the first time it was hinted at verbally by anyone, I think. We all think Hammond and Janet know but this was verbal and by someone outside the family. I wonder if TPTB are going to follow up on this?
    Yes. I was actually surprised by that statement in that episode. Not so surprised that it came from Kinsey, but surprised that the writers even put it in there. Gives me hope, when they bring me down in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Yes there is....

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

*chorus*

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The song's in the key of C.

Sally
      Ah yes, I'll just get my banjo out to accompany you........
      *plinky, plonky, plink, plink*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Caty aka ShipDiva...now off to do "Tears of pearl" (Savage garden)
        Um hi all, newbie I guess.

Caty I love your videos, and since I'm far too lazy to make this video myself (last time i made a music video was 2001 and voyager or the x-files) can you make a video to "Angel Eyes" by Jeff Healey Band? Its an awsome song and reminds me of Jack in a sense.

Thinkey

Comment

Originally posted by RubySlippers
          *pokes head round door*

*brushes red cookie crumbs off shirt*

*clears throat*

*Ahem* "My name is RubySlippers and I'm a Sam/Jack shipper"

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! to everyone. I've been lurking here for nearly a month now and feel like I know you all so well. I don't know how I stumbled over here to GW but I'm sooooo glad I did - it's good to know I'm not alone. You guys are a prolific bunch of writers, it takes me far too long to catch up on missed posts sometimes but it's great to hear all your views (good and bad) and see people pick up on things in episodes I thought only I was seeing - as if all this shippy stuff was a figment of my imagination (as if ).

I am a seasoned eater-of-cookies and will probably try some of the CHOCOLATE ones next (warm of course) just to keep me going while I'm at work and until I can make it back here for more warm, fuzzy vibes of S/J shippiness. Who knows, maybe one day I'll try the Yellow ones!!!

Just a final word of thanks to you all, and congratulations Caty on your nomination (I love your vids!) I bet the only reason they didn't nominate any of your Sam & Jack ones is because there are too many to choose from and you'd probably end up being the sole nominee .

Bye for now......

*quitely closes door behind her*

Yay! The red cookie really works! Welcome *former* lurker! Glad you enjoy the thread as much as us-- but hopefully much more now that you're a poster. Welcome to the overt shipper family, rubyslippers-- but you were always one of us.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
            You know I think we have to pull back a little bit and get a better look at the big picture. I keep remembering Kinsey's words to the President about Jack and Sam. Maybe his interfering will backfire on him and be a positive thing for Jack and Sam. I think that his words, although meant to be a negative thing for Jack and Sam, spoke volumns. That was probably the first time it was hinted at verbally by anyone, I think. We all think Hammond and Janet know but this was verbal and by someone outside the family. I wonder if TPTB are going to follow up on this?
            I always thought that "gossip session" was very important, too. Somehow it made the ship more legtimate. It isn't just in our heads-- and it isn't so subtle, that even the other characters on the show don't notice, beside the obvious. I think it also states an intention on TPTB's part to deal with the ship. I cheered when it was brought up in the Oval Office. That was a very good sign to me.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              I always thought that "gossip session" was very important, too. Somehow it made the ship more legtimate. It isn't just in our heads-- and it isn't so subtle, that even the other characters on the show don't notice, beside the obvious. I think it also states an intention on TPTB's part to deal with the ship. I cheered when it was brought up in the Oval Office. That was a very good sign to me.

ship sistah

Really? I hadn't thought about it that way. I was just way depressed after I watched "Grace" again. It seemed like it was saying good bye to the ship--the more I watched it, the more I felt that way. I didn't read it that way the first 2 or 3 times I watched it, just this last one.
              I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkey
                Um hi all, newbie I guess.

Caty I love your videos, and since I'm far too lazy to make this video myself (last time i made a music video was 2001 and voyager or the x-files) can you make a video to "Angel Eyes" by Jeff Healey Band? Its an awsome song and reminds me of Jack in a sense.

Thinkey

No problem ..I'll get the song and see if I like it ..but I trust you
                I'm just uploading "tears of pearls " Savage Garden ...should be there shortly today. and another reason to do it ...he has the surname as I do

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                  Really? I hadn't thought about it that way. I was just way depressed after I watched "Grace" again. It seemed like it was saying good bye to the ship--the more I watched it, the more I felt that way. I didn't read it that way the first 2 or 3 times I watched it, just this last one.
                  okay, it's time for a blue cookie (dreamy bliss) for you, shipper-- I know for certain the blue cookies can alleve the shipper blues! Yes, Sam did decide to try to move on from Jack in "Grace," but she "didn't say it'd be easy." And that *AMAZING* kiss that she gave him in her mind, says to me that it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE. She didn't stop feeling for him after "Grace" and I believe we're going to see sam fall in love with Jack all over again.

Ship Sistah

Comment

.Video 39 "Tears of pearls" Savage garden" ...UST and Angsty Sam & Jack video.

I really love that song...I had to do the video plenty of new clips in that one.

Sam and Jack keep all their mixed emotions locked away like stolen pearls .

Enjoy

Click on my sig to access my website.

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

I'm a super soldier!!! For ship!

hooray for me,
                      Ship Sistah
                      Last edited by sacme; 02 June 2004, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I read we don't get any cool benefits until after we've gone way over 1000 posts! @#$%*&
                        Actually I have Bonus Avatars at 500 posts. I just haven't changed because I see no need, plus I'm unique right now and easy to ID.
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          Actually I have Bonus Avatars at 500 posts. I just haven't changed because I see no need, plus I'm unique right now and easy to ID.
                          Oh, good. did you get a message or did you just see that you had more? I guess you don't get to create your own avatar until after 1000 posts.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                            Although I initially bemoaned the sparseness of obvious ship in seasons 5 and 6 compared to season 4, I grew to appreciate those seasons from a different perspective. Especially season 6. For me, that year spoke volumes about the relationship that Sam and Jack have. It was like watching a couple that know each other so well that they just react to each other without much thought.

Don't know what happened to Sam this year. She sure had one he** of a set-back! Hope she comes out of her stupor in season 8!
                            I was disappointed that s5 had so little S/J interaction, but I still thought s5 was very solid, For me there was very little, if anything, that stood out as "WOW" that season, but the stories were strong generally speaking.

S6 is probably my second favorite season. I really like(d) Jonas and thought he was a good adition to the team. I just wish Jack had given him a little more of a chance. And I wish he had gotten a bigger part to play in s7 and s8

I also noticed the interaction between Sam and Jack it was very subtle but it was there Jack would be standing there and Sam would just 'know' she was supposed to say something or do something or vice versa. It was great and I really enjoyed that. I would tend to think that being in a relationship like that would make you more secure about what was going on?!? I think that knock on the head in "Grace" was a little harder then they thought
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Oh, good. did you get a message or did you just see that you had more? I guess you don't get to create your own avatar until after 1000 posts.

ship sistah
                              I had to look.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Where is everybody?!!

So I repost my poll cuz it's been deleted ...

If Jack was barging in the locker room in season 8 ..he forgot it was ladies time ...Sam has just had a shower..wearing just her towel...she hasn't seen him ...She's on her own in the locker room...What do you think Jack would do.?!!!

1-He hides until she drops the towel , smiles , goes away and keeps it a secret.

2-He goes to her and asks her to drop the towel

3-He goes to her and says "We have to talk".

4-He goes away without looking any further.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 02 June 2004, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X