This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme
    Instead of writing in the quotes, after you cut and paste, highlight whatever you want to end up in quotes and then press this button which is on the bottom right of the toolbar when you compose. This will encapsulate whatever you have highlighted into the quote blue box.

Hope that made sense!

Ship Sistah
    Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping
    Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship
    Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
    (take the red pill, Neo-shippers)
    Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss
    Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping
    Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping
    Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.
    and the all time favorite
    Yellow Shipper Cookies - Hot, Wild, Monkey Sex Shipping
    Thank you Ship Sistah. Been wanting to know how to do that for a while now!

Thank you Ship Nana for the cookie review.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
      Congradulations to Caty!!!!!!!
      For her nomination for a Stargate Fan Awards Nomination 2004 in the character-focused categorie of the music video section for "Hero" !!!!

All other nominations for music vids can be found here:
      http://www.sg1-awards.com/nom2004addl.shtml

Well done Caty!!!

waterfall

OH THANK you waterfall ..They told me not to say anything...but I suppose it's now official...So yes I have been nominated for Hero...Chad Kroeger...in the Jack section ...it's really nice
      I would have loved to be nominated for a Sam and Jack video though ...well may be next time .

Thank you ..I'm still happy for the recognition.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
        I have a suggestion of a song for a video

I'm hoping someone could make it??

Marimba???
        Caty???

"It's Gonna Be Me" by Nsync cause I heard it today and I thought the words really fit the S/J situation from Jack's view.

waterfall

Waterfall...

..I'd be delighted to do it for you ..I like that song "It's gonna be me" Nsync and my kids too..Just be a little patient though but I will do it ...I have 3 on the go right now ..then I'll do that one.

I'm doing "Chained to you" and "Tears of pearl" (Savage Garden)
        and "Runaway" (the Corrs)...then I'll do "t's gonna be me(Nsync)....

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Three videos on the go. That must get confusing
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            Three videos on the go. That must get confusing

Well ..2 of them I have the clips in my head and the clips next to the lyrics...and I only started the the title bit...then the other one ...I have all the clips by my lyrics...all I need to do is the editing and make sure it looks good ..by playing the little clip about 3 times before I carry on with the rest of the lyrics..

I't s not confusing ..it's just time consuming but I have time right now ...The kids are off school for a week and I'm not working because of that.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              congrats Caty on all your wonderful work being recognized!

ship sistah

Thank you Shipsistah....and thank you to everybody else who support my videos...and made it possible to get this nomination...cuz motivation is the key.

So here is for you all:

I love you all

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

*pokes head round door*

*brushes red cookie crumbs off shirt*

*clears throat*

*Ahem* "My name is RubySlippers and I'm a Sam/Jack shipper"

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! to everyone. I've been lurking here for nearly a month now and feel like I know you all so well. I don't know how I stumbled over here to GW but I'm sooooo glad I did - it's good to know I'm not alone. You guys are a prolific bunch of writers, it takes me far too long to catch up on missed posts sometimes but it's great to hear all your views (good and bad) and see people pick up on things in episodes I thought only I was seeing - as if all this shippy stuff was a figment of my imagination (as if ).

I am a seasoned eater-of-cookies and will probably try some of the CHOCOLATE ones next (warm of course) just to keep me going while I'm at work and until I can make it back here for more warm, fuzzy vibes of S/J shippiness. Who knows, maybe one day I'll try the Yellow ones!!!

Just a final word of thanks to you all, and congratulations Caty on your nomination (I love your vids!) I bet the only reason they didn't nominate any of your Sam & Jack ones is because there are too many to choose from and you'd probably end up being the sole nominee .

Bye for now......

*quitely closes door behind her*

Comment

Originally posted by RubySlippers
                  *pokes head round door*

*clears throat*

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! to everyone. I've been lurking here for nearly a month now and feel like I know you all so well. I don't know how I stumbled over here to GW but I'm sooooo glad I did - it's good to know I'm not alone. You guys are a prolific bunch of writers, it takes me far too long to catch up on missed posts sometimes but it's great to hear all your views (good and bad) and see people pick up on things in episodes I thought only I was seeing - as if all this shippy stuff was a figment of my imagination (as if ).

I am a seasoned eater-of-cookies and will probably try some of the CHOCOLATE ones next (warm of course) just to keep me going while I'm at work and until I can make it back here for more warm, fuzzy vibes of S/J shippiness. Who knows, maybe one day I'll try the Yellow ones!!!

Just a final word of thanks to you all, and congratulations Caty on your nomination (I love your vids!) I bet the only reason they didn't nominate any of your Sam & Jack ones is because there are too many to choose from and you'd probably end up being the sole nominee .

Bye for now......

HI rubyslippers

First welcome to the shipper gang and thank you for your kind words about my videos and my nomination for "Hero" (Jack).
                  well there are other good videos around ..Marimba's for example and I did watch some of the nominees ones ..Some are good but some are pretty bad ..and I was surprised that the bad ones were nominated ..so as you said ..I suppose there are so many Sam and Jack videos around that they can't watch them all Shame for me .....but next time .. they probably will watch one of mine . I have hope.

Caty aka ShipDiva...now off to do "Tears of pearl" (Savage garden)

Comment

Hi again!

Ship cookies! I was wondering what they were! Thanks for explaining all!
                    Not confused any more!

OK! So I must have had a red shipper cookie because I stopped lurking and actually posted! Now I think I'll have a blue shipper cookie!

Ahem! might leave of the yellow ones for a while yet!
                    Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Wow! I'm gone for a RL week and we're on thread 4? I think I totally missed thread 3! What a prolific bunch we are.

I've read through all the pages on this thread and you guys are so funny, I was laughing out loud (good thing I'm alone in the house right now). I really needed to laugh because I've been in the doldrums about S/J lately. I've been reading fanfic but I think it's making things worse! Is there any good news out there about S/J for season 8 other than all of us saying they will be together?
                      I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by RubySlippers
                        *pokes head round door*

*clears throat*

Bye for now......

Welcome, RubySlippers! Glad you could come out and play.. And it's wise to hold off on trying the yellow cookies until you build up a smidgen of tolerance...I suggest you titrate with the Blue, then Purple, then Orange, all alternated with Chocolate and multiple viewings of shippy videos. THEN, you'll be ready for the Yellow ones (but don't eat them for breakfast yet )

Di

Comment

You know I think we have to pull back a little bit and get a better look at the big picture. I keep remembering Kinsey's words to the President about Jack and Sam. Maybe his interfering will backfire on him and be a positive thing for Jack and Sam. I think that his words, although meant to be a negative thing for Jack and Sam, spoke volumns. That was probably the first time it was hinted at verbally by anyone, I think. We all think Hammond and Janet know but this was verbal and by someone outside the family. I wonder if TPTB are going to follow up on this?

Comment

In response to some previous posts regarding the screen time for certain pairings, it started me thinking about the "Jonas year". Since I wasn't around the internet fandom at that time, I was wondering if there was a lot of anti Sam/Jack talk that year? I know that obvious shippy moments were a little sparse, but the Sam/Jack interaction was probably stronger than ever. She took over a lot of the diplomatic role that was previously Daniel's. Jack deferred to Sam must of the time, until Jonas became a stronger part of the team and stepped in to take over some of the responsibility. Professionally and personally (if not romantically), Sam and Jack were probably the closest I've ever seen them. The team pairings seemed to lean toward Sam/Jack and Teal'c/Jonas that year. Maybe, everyone was so busy hating Jonas or mourning the loss of Daniel that the heavy Sam/Jack interaction just passed by them?

Although I initially bemoaned the sparseness of obvious ship in seasons 5 and 6 compared to season 4, I grew to appreciate those seasons from a different perspective. Especially season 6. For me, that year spoke volumes about the relationship that Sam and Jack have. It was like watching a couple that know each other so well that they just react to each other without much thought.

Don't know what happened to Sam this year. She sure had one he** of a set-back! Hope she comes out of her stupor in season 8!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              Waterfall...

..I'd be delighted to do it for you ..I like that song "It's gonna be me" Nsync and my kids too..Just be a little patient though but I will do it ...I have 3 on the go right now ..then I'll do that one.

I'm doing "Chained to you" and "Tears of pearl" (Savage Garden)
                              and "Runaway" (the Corrs)...then I'll do "t's gonna be me(Nsync)....

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              THANK YOU!!!!!!

Well I have to go to work now, hopefully I will be on later tonight.
                              RL intercedes in my Stargate time , again.

waterfall

Comment

Caty,

You so deserve a huge nomination for all of your Sam and Jack videos. The have made a tremendous error by leaving you out. I so appreciate all the time and effort you put in to these videos. Marimba you as well. I shudder to think where us shippers would be without your talents. We love both of you!!!!!!!!

Caty, are you still going to send TPTB some of your videos. I think that would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X