X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gategirl101
    Hi!

I've never posted on the s/j shipper threads before - so before I start I wanna say a big "hello!" to everyone!

HI there back! Welcome to our Shipper Family. We don't bite, promise . We may act a little crazy at times, but hey.... it takes all kinds.......

Have a cookie or two. ShipNana's always got some tucked away for when we need them most!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oops! Sorry!

Liara and Pete are different. Of Course. I thought they were both a means to an end - a way to develop the Sam and Jack relationship. A tool for the greater good of the Stargate universe! Liara made Sam realise she cared deeply for Jack. Maybe in season 8 Pete will do the same thing for Jack - make him realise things he feels for Sam.

OK - Jack hasn't had that many ladies in eight years - Liara, Kynthia and Anise come to mind. I think I might have phrased that wrong...
      Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        HI there back! Welcome to our Shipper Family. We don't bite, promise . We may act a little crazy at times, but hey.... it takes all kinds.......

Have a cookie or two. ShipNana's always got some tucked away for when we need them most!
        i've said it before and i'll say it again, i bite.
        why i'll bite the cookies right out of your hand!

but welcome none the less to our den of ship to all the lurkers and former lurkers.

hey, ship nana? do we have a cookie that makes all the lurkers start posting and never stop? cos we should, i think

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I'm back!
          ShipDaddy!

1st -- Yes I noticed. (I'm not going to say anymore)
          Noticed what?... Noticed what! ..... NOTICED WHAT! Answer me, for godsake!

As much as I enjoy you're company RL is how the bills get paid and the DSL continues to work
          You let little things like 'that' bother you?! *shakes head*

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh! That's supposed to be a secret!
          Oops... But you said I'd be working for you! I even picked out my hooker name.... Lolly Popper. What?

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coz
            I just have to say that this thread has helped me through a bit of a ship bad patch. I have a bad tendancy to stuble into the wrong threads and then let myself get depressed by the ship or Sam bashing that seems to be going on!!
            Since Gateworld forums was moved to this format, I seem to almost exclusively live in this thread. I think
            'part' of it is because this forum is a bit more cumbersome to navigate. But, this thread is basically happy all the time, which is wonderful to experience. Yes, we get off sometimes on our rants -me, yesterday- but the vast majority of the time we're fun and happy. Whether one participates in this thread or not, it's just plain enjoyable to read I think. I know very well, though, about reading posts/threads/forums that tear apart what you love so much -for me, Sam and ship- and I know very well how that can depress you. That's what was wrong with me yesterday (too many days of reading out of my ship-minded state). I like knowing others views, especially when they're opposite of mine, but sometimes... it's just plain depressing. So, long story short -too late- I live off this thread.

*waves to Coz*

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

No problem gategirl101.I hope I did not offend you or any other shipper.I am not happy with the direction TPTB are taking the Sam Character.It is fine for Sam to have friends that are men but to have 99.9 percent of male guest stars fall for Sam is a bit much.I really do not see anything good comming out of the Sam and Pete relationship.Jack and Sam do not need a character like Pete to help get them together.Pete has made the Sam character look very bad.After the Shippy episodes at the end of Season 7 to have Sam still with Pete does not sit right.I wish TPTB would just admit there mistake and drop the Pete Character.If Season 8 is the last by the time TPTB get rid of Pete we will have very little time to enjoy Sam and Jack.Even if there is a Season 9 and RDA returns that's one more year of waiting for Sam and Jack to get together.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Sally, I thought I was the only one having all these sad depressing thoughts all the time.

I'd take a guess that most of us are feeling this, but... we're also SOOOOO in love with Sam and Jack's relationship that we get shipper fainted and swim in the glee of it all. Oh, and we're stoned most of the time from those dangerous and oh-so-loved shipper cookies.

That's why I come to this thread, because I know that somebody here will cheer me up.
                That's what my shipper family did for me yesterday.

((((((((((shipper family))))))))))

C'mere, (((((Sally)))))
                Oh, my god, you said c'mere! Like Jack! To Sam! I feel so loved!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  Oops... But you said I'd be working for you! I even picked out my hooker name.... Lolly Popper. What?
                  hhhhmmmm.
                  wait just a minute here... ship daddy's not really a shipper at all! he's just trying to turn us all out!
                  wait, maybe that was the wrong face....

(great hooker name BTW)

Comment

From #993 in Thread III:
                    Originally Posted by GoneShippin'
                    Preach on girl!! They have a lot bigger issues in the world right now, ya think?? As if someone would join the AF and after all the training and indoctrination they'd receive, feel that they can have a relationship with a commanding officer BECAUSE A TV CHARACTER DID! It's a television show, a form of entertainment, FCOL! And, if someone WAS foolish/unstable enough to use Sam and Jack as defense for their behavior, well then, it says something about the screening process for admittance into said organization....

ok, getting a cookie and a glass of wine now....thanks for letting me borrow your soapbox, Sal.
                    originally posted by stargate barbie:
                    i think that they (jack in particular) have broken more serious regulations than this. now in fairness those were for the most part to further the plot of the episodes, but still. i'd still only like to see them together at the end though.

as for all these comments by mallozi and AT about sam dumping pete and getting together with jack at the end, the extreme pessimist in me still thinks that these were just comments made in jest.
                    i'd like to think that they'll actually follow through on this, but i'm not going to put too much faith into it until she actually dumps pete. preferalbly ASAP, because i really don't like that guy. ggggrrrrrr.....
                    I agree about the breaking serious regs part. And they're only just one SG team.
                    S8
                    S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S
                    But apparently all the teams are breaking the rules all the time too, if not in ways worse than SG1. Isn't there a spoiler on GW or StargateSolutions about the one of the early shows in S8 where Jack's trying to manage all these teams & gets a taste of how hard General Hammond had it? And realizing how dang hard it is to get everyone to follow every miniscule reg in the book?

Anyhoo... in relation to S/J... if more serious regs have been broken by other teams....... then what's a little romance? (& yeah I've read all the reg discussions re: why they can't get together...... like I don't think we need to rehash those again either...)
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

OMG!!

I just turned into a mature symbiote!

Wow. This doesn't like get me more smilies or anything does it????

(only joking!)

LOOK NANA! I graduated!

Comment

[snip]
                        Anyhoo... in relation to S/J... if more serious regs have been broken by other teams....... then what's a little romance? (& yeah I've read all the reg discussions re: why they can't get together...... like I don't think we need to rehash those again either...)
                        Nope, no need to rehash the regs!

If you can see the above smileys, you can thank Tame for them! Don't leave, Tame!!!

I agree with you though! They have been a hair's breadth off of a courts-martial before, why not go for it?

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!
                        Last edited by marimba26; 01 June 2004, 06:04 PM. Reason: kind of stupid with html--woohoo! finally!
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

OMG!!

I just turned into a mature symbiote!

Wow. This doesn't like get me more smilies or anything does it????

(only joking!)

LOOK NANA! I graduated!

aw. they grow up so fast.
                          *sniff*

look at us shiplets go. yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Hi Anubis and

to our Shipper Family!!!

(Nana always has such cool graphics..... someday I'll have to sit at her feet & listen in how she does them...)

But anyway.... Welcome to the Family!

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl101
                              Hi!

I've never posted on the s/j shipper threads before - so before I start I wanna say a big "hello!" to everyone!

I'm a S/J shipper. Or was in the earlier seasons - then I went off the idea - now I'm going back to my old way of thinking.

I think the best seasons for S/J ship were seasons 3 and 4. I thought they done it nicely - it was just there, not in your face like say Buffy and Angel - you knew where to look for it. I think subtle's the word!

But the Pete thing - won't last. I think Pete is to Sam what Liara was to Jack. Hope I didn't confuse anyone! A means to an end. A way to push along the J/S relationship.

Also - does Sam know Pete checked her records? Wouldn't it be cool if Jack found out?!

Anyhow - enjoyed posting my first real S/J post!

xx
                              Welcome, Gategirl101! Your comments were right on target...Can anyone say "plot device"?
                              Have a shipper cookie. Check out a vid. Stay a while...it gets addicting, don't ya know

Di

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Nope, no need to rehash the regs!

If you can see the above smileys, you can thank Tame for them! Don't leave, Tame!!!

I agree with you though! They have been a hair's breadth off of a courts-martial before, why not go for it?

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!
                                Yes... Tame CAN'T leave........

That graphic tho.... LOL.... really makes me chuckle.... & unfortunately for me it reminds me of a former supervisor whose favorite words to us (& she wasn't really fond of any of us it seemed) was that we should just drop it (whatever it was at that particular moment) & "stop beating that dead horse into the ground!"

Comment

Working...
                                X