This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    Welcome back Ship Daddy!!!! We sure did miss ya!!!

Or maybe you could become a Shipper Cookie Dealer?!!!
    *steals cookie* Possibly *munch munch* I think *munch* that we could make *munch* a lot of *munch* money! *gulp* *sigh* Bliss.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      I really think that all this has to do with TPTB hanging on the the angst too long and then introducing another detour into the mix. If I were the new publicist I would start rethinking my current strategy. If they don't let some good news for Jack and Sam shippers start trickling through the web of spoilers their audience will start dropping like flies. Maybe we are feeding into their hands by discussing Pit so much and bringing so much attention to him, maybe if we ignored him and the episodes that he is in that would speak louder than we ever could. Let it hit them as hard as it did us, except it will hit them in the ratings.
      Yes, because that's where it hurts the most! I kind of have mixed feelings about it though. If we hit them TOO hard in the ratings, we'll have no more show and I don't think I want that! I just want the ship! I want PTB to forget about the Air Force and give us SAM AND JACK!! Hey, if they need a donation to keep going b/c they lose the AF, I'll donate! Just tell me where to send the check! I'd even give up my weekly pizza run for that!

I understand their excitement for change after 7 years staying the same is hard to get excited about, boring, and draining, sound familiar. What do they think we have been doing with the Jack and Sam relationship. We have waited 7 years for them to be together and now what another 7? We want a change for the better, Sam and Jack together!!!!!!!!!!! I hear you Tame, I hear you!!!!!!!!! You too Sally!!! I also agree with you I have invested a lot of time and money into this show for it to go sour now. Honestly I know in my heart that Sam and Jack will be together in the end for all of the reasons that have been stated on this thread, but also like you, I don't know if by the time they do get together if it will be worth it to me. It's kind of like when you are or were in school and in two weeks you are going to have a party, but every day the teacher threatens and threatens to cancel the party if this is not done right, or if you don't behave, etc...so that by the time the party arrives you almost don't feel like going, it just doesn't seem worth it! We have become or are becoming so emotionally drained that by the time they do get Sam and Jack together we will be totally and physically numb.
      I'm with you and Tame and Sally! I'm sick of talking about Ptui! I'm with Waterfall--Ptui who? Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away! I'm tired of rehashing all those points about him that we have expended THOUSANDS of posts on! It's (to use your words) emotionally DRAINING!!!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
        Yes, because that's where it hurts the most! I kind of have mixed feelings about it though. If we hit them TOO hard in the ratings, we'll have no more show and I don't think I want that! I just want the ship! I want PTB to forget about the Air Force and give us SAM AND JACK!! Hey, if they need a donation to keep going b/c they lose the AF, I'll donate! Just tell me where to send the check! I'd even give up my weekly pizza run for that!

I'm with you and Tame and Sally! I'm sick of talking about Ptui! I'm with Waterfall--Ptui who? Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away! I'm tired of rehashing all those points about him that we have expended THOUSANDS of posts on! It's (to use your words) emotionally DRAINING!!!
        I agree with everyone on this point. We should be thinking positively about S8 and how S/J will be together!
        sigpic

Comment

tame don't leave us. ship daddy came back, so you can too.
          hi ship daddy. we missed you. you missed us too, right?... right?... ship daddy?... you missed us too...right?....

Comment

Hi!

I've never posted on the s/j shipper threads before - so before I start I wanna say a big "hello!" to everyone!

I'm a S/J shipper. Or was in the earlier seasons - then I went off the idea - now I'm going back to my old way of thinking.

I think the best seasons for S/J ship were seasons 3 and 4. I thought they done it nicely - it was just there, not in your face like say Buffy and Angel - you knew where to look for it. I think subtle's the word!

But the Pete thing - won't last. I think Pete is to Sam what Liara was to Jack. Hope I didn't confuse anyone! A means to an end. A way to push along the J/S relationship.

Also - does Sam know Pete checked her records? Wouldn't it be cool if Jack found out?!

Anyhow - enjoyed posting my first real S/J post!

xx
            Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

hey guys 4th thread.i am still new to all this but i can't believe how fantastic this group is.
              So much support,laughs,sad moments but we are all here for one thing which is amazing.
              Once again thank-you to CATY for your videos,enjoy tru calling,good show!
              I haven't yet looked at other videos so any sites would be appreciated.
              I know people are getting P****D with mentioning so no more from me on that subject.
              Wouldn't it have been good if sa and jack got stuck in window of oportunity could you just believe what could have happened!!! Any-way you guys keep me sane knowing that it's not just me who feels this way.
              SO MANY THANKS ONCE AGAINxxxxxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

i think pete is to me what laira was to me. annoying.

but i do see what you mean. although if laira had been an ongoing thing, i think it would have done a lot of damage to the show. but then again that could just be my bias. hopefully they'll handle this season well and not just in terms of ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  This is too funny even though the reason for it is sad. I know you have done this before Ship Nana, but could you give the rundown on ship cookies. Thanks.

Ok here is the Shipper Cookie Selection:

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do)

and the all time favorite:

Yellow Shipper Cookies - Hot, Wild, Monkey Sex Shipping

ENJOY!!!!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl101
                    Hi!

I've never posted on the s/j shipper threads before - so before I start I wanna say a big "hello!" to everyone!

I'm a S/J shipper. Or was in the earlier seasons - then I went off the idea - now I'm going back to my old way of thinking.

I think the best seasons for S/J ship were seasons 3 and 4. I thought they done it nicely - it was just there, not in your face like say Buffy and Angel - you knew where to look for it. I think subtle's the word!

But the Pete thing - won't last. I think Pete is to Sam what Liara was to Jack. Hope I didn't confuse anyone! A means to an end. A way to push along the J/S relationship.

Also - does Sam know Pete checked her records? Wouldn't it be cool if Jack found out?!

xx
                    Ship Nana waves HI to Gategirl!!!

Welcome to your Shipper Family!!!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Hiya Ship Nana!
                      Love this thread already!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
                      I know Liara was only in it for one ep but thats how I see Pete.
                      I think Pete's to balance things out for Sam with the flings, cos Jack's had his fair share of ladies! Then again, maybe its to say not all Sam's boyf die horrible painful deaths! Like, Jonas, Martouf, Nareem, Orlin, Joe.... I think thats them all covered!

I think Liara done the show a lot of good! She made Sam realise that she didn't just like Jack - we saw that in her little chat with Janet and when Jack ignored her. Just good in a bad sense - me thinks!

We know that Pete's suspicious of Sam and her line of work - so I think she'll see sense and go for Jack! She's got to!
                      Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl101
                        Hi!

xx
                        Welcome Back from the Dark Side!!!! So glad to see you here! Agreed on seasons 3 and 4--wonderfully shippy! Lots of nice looks but nothing in your face! Even Divide and Conquer was still subtle (there is only ONE scene that's not and it was tastefully done)---I LOVE that ep! As for season 7, My fave moments are the two bits from Evolution 2 and the hug in Heroes 2--WOW! Just loved Lost City and it was very shippy but HEARTBREAKING at the same time! I tear up every time I watch those scenes.

Anyway, enough of my shippy bliss! WELCOME!!!! Have a few of shipnana's cookies--they keep us all in a nice shippy haze!

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                          hey guys 4th thread.i am still new to all this but i can't believe how fantastic this group is.
                          So much support,laughs,sad moments but we are all here for one thing which is amazing.
                          Once again thank-you to CATY for your videos,enjoy tru calling,good show!
                          I haven't yet looked at other videos so any sites would be appreciated.
                          I know people are getting P****D with mentioning so no more from me on that subject.
                          Wouldn't it have been good if sa and jack got stuck in window of oportunity could you just believe what could have happened!!! Any-way you guys keep me sane knowing that it's not just me who feels this way.
                          SO MANY THANKS ONCE AGAINxxxxxx
                          If I haven't said welcome, I will now! WELCOME!!! And now, I will shamelessly plug my own shippy vids and a few others!

My vids:

www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways

Hubs vids: (not shippy but really funny)

www.marimba26.com/USSGCWebPage

Susan's vids:

http://www.ewokmonster.com/

Beth's vids:

www.stargatesg1971.com

Glenda's vids:

http://www.geocities.com/gateslacker/gateslacker.html

Have no idea who did these but I love "Sometimes When We Touch":

http://www.sg1-episodes.com/MusicVideos.htm

Those are a few of my faves--Enjoy!

Comment

I respectfuly disagree gategirl101 Jack has not had his fair share of ladies.I think you may be confusing Jack with Captain Kirk and Laira is nothing like Pete.If Laira was like Pete Laira would not have admitted that she heard voices on the Radio at the end of 100 Days.Sam has had many Man friends while Jack has been with 2 Women going on 8 Years.

Comment

TAME!!
                              You can't go, not even for a week! What if we all take a solemn *PROMISE* to not mention until Season 8 starts?

We can do it.

Can we do it???!!!

**shakes fists in air**

Yes we can!!

**pounds podium with fist**

For us!

**pound**

For SHIP!

**pound pound**

For SAM-N-JACK!

** pound pound pound **

FOR TAME!
                              *POUND*

**crash..... crack.. splinters fly...*

<ouch, that hurt!>

But, all joking aside, I hear ya. (As a certain Prez once said, "I feel your pain!") I guess everytime a batch of us lurkers morph into newbies we don't help things as we exercise our newfound voices to rant about our most unfavorite ship. (We can't help ourselves! Venting at the computer monitor or TV screen just ain't the same as sharing your thoughts with like-minded people.)

So... I, for one, solemnly promise to be a good girl & not engage in any Talk until the appropriate time.

(Boy, that's going to be hard. Which cookie helps lessen the symptoms of Rant withdrawal???)
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

yes but jack has actually had (very short) relationships with these two (that we know of) women. he slept with both kynthia and laira. sam has not had any such relationship with a man for about 7 or 8 years. yes sam has had many man friends, but last time i checked there was nothing wrong with being friends with a man
                                sam may have had a passing interest in some of the guys she has befriended over the years, but the last time she was actually with a man in that way was jonas hanson.

i don't think gategirl101 was implying that laira was like pete, just that pete serves the same purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X