This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    one of the only things i actually liked about the relationship with pete was the following, (and believe me i really had to rationalise with myself on this)

spoilers for season 7, chimera. ick.

although i think the fact that they allowed pete to be informed about the SGC and whatnot, severly irked me, i have to admit that among my first thoughts were: ok, so they have to be doing this so that sam can prove to herself that jack is definitely the right guy. if she dates a guy that seems funny and charming and all the bells and wistles to her, who actually knows what she does in that mountain, and that works out, nobody can say, well the only reason that didn't work out is because she had to keep her life a secret from him, how can you expect a relationship like that to work.

when the relationship with pete doesn't work out, sam will never have to wonder if she was right to not try to move on. she needs to at least try to get over jack, so that both she and we know that he is definitely the one. she needs to do this also, so that jack knows that she really does want him over anyone else.
    i don't think i'm articulating this very well, but there's no way i'm going back to watch the episode so that i can clarify my thoughts on it

does any of this make sense?
    First of all, YAY, we did it again!! Over 1000 posts!!

Now, on to your answer: Darn Tootin' it makes sense. Hope TPTB realize they've left themselves no wiggle room on this -- Sam's made her mistake (and let's be real, ALL of us gals have that 1 or 2 or 5 guys in our pasts that we regret doing.....things with) and soon she can move on. Back to regularly scheduled programming, as it is. Back to Jack, where she belongs.

Di

Comment

i just wish she could have picked a nicer guy to date so that she could come towards this revelation (hopefully). but i'd like to think that he isn't the best of guys so that the fans wouldn't be too attached to him. although given the fact that he has absolutely nothing to do with stargate, i don't think that would be the case, but hey, whatever. now i admit, this thought is just the (very very tiny) optimist in me that would like to think this, and i doubt its actually true.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
        I tried to do this from memory I hope it's right , if not well what can I say.

To the tune of " You're a mean one,Mr Grinch"

You're a sly one , Mr Eek,
        There's stalking in your soul,
        You follow your new woman,
        When off to work she goes, Mr Eek!

You're a bad one, Mr Eek,
        Your rottenness you show,
        You're also far too cheap' just shows you are a *bleep*, Mr Eek!

The truth you want now,but when you don't get it,

You walk out....... and make her feel like a ho!!!

waterfall
        ROTFLMAO........I maybe late in saying this, but you're a GENIUS!! LOVE IT!!! It sooo describes him.

Token ~

Comment

Alright, it's about that time again. Look for the Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Thread IV.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yet another sparkly new thread. Here's to artificial stimulants like caffeine and processed sugars.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              Yet another sparkly new thread. Here's to artificial stimulants like caffeine and processed sugars.
              YAY!!!! THREAD FOUR!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Okay, so I'll skip all the artificial stimulants (though I do dearly love them) but here's to seeing another thousand ship-loving posts!!!!!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

WooHoo!!!! A new thread to play!!

Where are all the little shiplets??

Token ~

Comment

yay us. and yay sam and jack. shipper thread 3 is dead, long live shipper thread 4!

go shiplets, go shiplets, go shiplets!

doesn't shiplet look like a funny word?

Comment

Spoilers S8

Originally posted by gatetrixer
                    It doesn't say anything about S/J, but does say the focus will remain on the core 4 SG1 members, Jack has never done things by the book, Teal'c has hair, an entity enters the base and jumps from person to person, etc., all things I suppose most people know already but I thought it complements the longer article. What kinda bugged me in the long article, among things already discussed, was that it hinted the AF had to be okay with Jack becoming a general. I think it's time to cut loose from the AF and stop having those guest officers on, also. I have utmost respect for the AF and other service branches, but this is a TV SF show, it's fiction and the AF parameters are holding back certain aspects of the story line, especially one we want.
                    What you say is sooo true. The article says "Jack has never done things by the book" except when it has to do with the woman he loves. Pleeese...FCOL! I know the writers are using the regs as an excuse, but maybe Jack is uncertain about loving someone again. Jack has issues when it comes to expressing his feelings, and we know from his comments to AU Sam in PoV that he thinks himself unworthy of Sam. If the writers want to strengthen Sam's character so she "realizes" her love for Jack then Jack need a little work but NOT with another woman. Maybe Teal'c could confront him about his feelings for Sam and help him understand that he can't let Sam slip through his fingers.

Token ~

Comment

(replying to Liebestraume's post from the thread 3)

Originally posted by Liebestraume
                      [COLOR=Purple]
                      At the risk of sounding flippant, I think the old adage about nothing as good as you hoped or as bad as you feared is very true.
                      And you are so right. I'm having one of my weak stages, so just bear with me.<g>

As a Sam-fan myself (hey, we girls gotta stick together ), I really think the second half of S7 did a lot for her characterization. Sam has been somewhat of a Super Woman till then, but Grace shows her vulnerability and her reassessing the choices she made, with Chimera being just a natural consequence of that reflection.
                      Agree... but it would be nice to *enjoy* this journey.

I've never taken any ship this seriously, and the only reason I can think of is that fandom -fics, forums, chats, interviews, writing, Q and A's, Cons, fans, spoilers, one-on-ones with the powers, etc- has made my experience in Stargate more personal. All the things I've wanted to happen between Sam and Jack has happened in writing/reading fics. I've talked to the writers. I've met the stars. I've immersed myself totally in this show, so I think that's why I take it all so much more seriously than any other show I've watched. And I think it's also made it all worse. When I didn't like what was happening on Jag, I just quit, period. I can't seem to do it with Stargate. Not saying I want to, but if it gets too painful, I will. Why stay when it's not fun?

Certain scenes in Chimera may be understandably nauseating for the shippers; if truth be told, personally I can do without those scenes as well.

Nauseating wouldn't be the word I'd use for me. Heart-breakening would do it. Nothing shown between Sam and PS insulted or offended me at all; just left me with the incredible melancholy that's never really went away. And with his returning next season, I can look forward to more scenes like this. Wippee.

However, looking at the "big picture," everything seems to indicate an assured "Happy Ending" for the S/J shippers.
                      I feel/see it too.

Meanwhile, as a Sam fan and a shipper, wouldn't you want her to make her choice knowingly and unreservedly?

If the only way to get that happy S/J ending is to have to endure seeing Sam with another man in 'romantic' and 'loving' scenes, then no. This entire boyfriend storyline smacks of.... of having no real significance or substance to the S/J happy ending. Yes, with your theories, it makes sense. But we still could have had our happy S/J ending without a bf ever coming into the picture. Her insecurites and doubts weren't brought up 'until' the bf storyline came up. The only reason I feel that the bf was introduced -waaaay before the good character growth for Sam- was because Amanda/writers wanted one. And now we're stuck with it. Will there be S/J shippy/romantic scenes to compensate for the S/P ones? Out of fear of depressing anyone more than my post already has, I'm not going to answer. Yeah, I guess I'm having one of my downer ship days (of many).

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        yay us. and yay sam and jack. shipper thread 3 is dead, long live shipper thread 4!

go shiplets, go shiplets, go shiplets!

doesn't shiplet look like a funny word?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          Spoilers S8

What you say is sooo true. The article says "Jack has never done things by the book" except when it has to do with the woman he loves. Pleeese...FCOL! I know the writers are using the regs as an excuse, but maybe Jack is uncertain about loving someone again. Jack has issues when it comes to expressing his feelings, and we know from his comments to AU Sam in PoV that he thinks himself unworthy of Sam. If the writers want to strengthen Sam's character so she "realizes" her love for Jack then Jack need a little work but NOT with another woman. Maybe Teal'c could confront him about his feelings for Sam and help him understand that he can't let Sam slip through his fingers.
                          Maybe the wedding that is supposed to take place this season between Teal'c and Ishta or Ryac and whomever will help wake Jack and Sam up. I'm sure that they will be in attendence don't ya think?
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            (replying to Liebestraume's post from the thread 3)

And you are so right. I'm having one of my weak stages, so just bear with me.<g>

I've never taken any ship this seriously, and the only reason I can think of is that fandom -fics, forums, chats, interviews, writing, Q and A's, Cons, fans, spoilers, one-on-ones with the powers, etc- has made my experience in Stargate more personal. All the things I've wanted to happen between Sam and Jack has happened in writing/reading fics. I've talked to the writers. I've met the stars. I've immersed myself totally in this show, so I think that's why I take it all so much more seriously than any other show I've watched. And I think it's also made it all worse. When I didn't like what was happening on Jag, I just quit, period. I can't seem to do it with Stargate. Not saying I want to, but if it gets too painful, I will. Why stay when it's not fun?

Nauseating wouldn't be the word I'd use for me. Heart-breakening would do it. Nothing shown between Sam and PS insulted or offended me at all; just left me with the incredible melancholy that's never really went away. And with his returning next season, I can look forward to more scenes like this. Wippee.

I feel/see it too.

If the only way to get that happy S/J ending is to have to endure seeing Sam with another man in 'romantic' and 'loving' scenes, then no. This entire boyfriend storyline smacks of.... of having no real significance or substance to the S/J happy ending. Yes, with your theories, it makes sense. But we still could have had our happy S/J ending without a bf ever coming into the picture. Her insecurites and doubts weren't brought up 'until' the bf storyline came up. The only reason I feel that the bf was introduced -waaaay before the good character growth for Sam- was because Amanda/writers wanted one. And now we're stuck with it. Will there be S/J shippy/romantic scenes to compensate for the S/P ones? Out of fear of depressing anyone more than my post already has, I'm not going to answer. Yeah, I guess I'm having one of my downer ship days (of many).

Sally
                            Quick, lots and lots and lots of purple shipper cookies for Aunty Sally. She needs to feel shipper warm and fuzzy. Here's a hug from Ship Nana also. sound like you could really use one.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Aunty Sally)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                            Ship Nana

Comment

((((((((((((((((Aunt Sally)))))))))))))))

So totally agree with you!!!

It will be a difficult, painful decision to make whether to stay or go.

Well, I felt incredibly offended when he walked out on her. FCOL, he didn't even finish putting on his shoes!!!

Sally
                              Yep, they didn't have to do the bf thing. I think AT pushed that and unfortunately it backfired. Maybe that's why she's defending the bf issue.

Don't worry about depressing us! That's why we are all here to bring each other up!

I beginning to think the "downer" mood is either a result of mixing too many different shipper cookies or not eating enough. Ship Nana, could you clarify this?

Token ~

Comment

In the old Shipper thread III, Mala said:

I do think though, that in the end Sam and Jack will end up together. I mean, listen, it's RDA's name above the title. I cannot believe that if this is his last season (and possibly his last in series television! ) that he'd let Jack lose Sam to Mr. P! He's the hero of the show! He must have an ego about this - it's his character - FCOL!
                                I just thought this was a good thought and worth repeating in our new shinny thread.

RDA is the star and it doesn't seem logical that he would let another, newcomer as it were, ride off into the sunset with the woman that his character has been, for lack of a better word, emotionally involved with for the past 8 years.

This would certainly make his character and our hero come in 2nd best. And Jack is a strong character and doesn't take a backseat to anyone much less !!!!

I'm feeling confident!!! Yes I am!!! That's me confident Ship Nana!

(I've been eating my own shipper cookies if you couldn't already tell)
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X