This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Seeing as the military has enough on their hands; let them go and let the writers write scifi.

Sally
    Preach on girl!! They have a lot bigger issues in the world right now, ya think?? As if someone would join the AF and after all the training and indoctrination they'd receive, feel that they can have a relationship with a commanding officer BECAUSE A TV CHARACTER DID! It's a television show, a form of entertainment, FCOL! And, if someone WAS foolish/unstable enough to use Sam and Jack as defense for their behavior, well then, it says something about the screening process for admittance into said organization....

ok, getting a cookie and a glass of wine now....thanks for letting me borrow your soapbox, Sal.

Comment

the pic is from memento in season 6 i think. as far as i can recall, the ambassador or prime minister or whoever he was had just invited the team back for a sort of celebratory shindig.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
        Oh Sweetie, here ((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))

I did need it, thanks!

Keep telling yourself that is just a plot device. I'm really starting to feel that he is, based on higher ups saying Sam will drop him like a sack of potatoes for Jack, as well as AT's infamous slip o' the lip in her interview.

I agree. Just hope I can make it through the S/P ship...

Have faith. Have a chocolate shipper cookie. Watch a vid (Try a repeat viewing of L'Hymne a L'Amour, or Marimba's latest).

Mmm, chocolate shipper cookies are goooood. I'll work on the vid watching; I'm afraid of over-dosing on on season 7.<g>

Keep the chant going:
        Screw the regs!(and Sam and Jack)Down with (kicks shin) ! Sam and Jack Forever!9(YES)

Di

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll have to think of that a bit, but the song that would fit them now -from Jack's POV- would be 'Love Will Keep Us Together'.

Captain Tennille---Love Will Keep Us Together

Love, Love will keep us together
          Think of me babe whenever
          Some sweet talking guy comes along singing his song
          Don't mess around,
          You got to be strong
          Just Stop, 'cause I really love You
          Stop, I'll be thinking of you
          Look in my heart and let love keep us together

You, You belong to me now
          Ain't gonna set you free now
          When those guys start hanging around talking me down
          Hear with your heart and you won't hear a sound
          Just Stop, 'cause I really love you
          Stop, I'll be thinking of you

Whatever young and beautiful
          Someday your looks will be gone
          When the others turn you off
          Who'll be turning you on

I will, I will, I will, I will
          Be there to share forever
          Love will keep us together
          Said it before and I'll say it again while others pretend
          I'll need you now and I'll need you then
          Stop 'cause I really love Ya
          Stop I'll be thinking of Ya

Most of those lyrics fit perfectly!

As for their song when they DO get together.... I don't know! Anyone?

Sally
          Oooh, Sally!!! That's a good one!! Fits them perfect, I think!!!
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Last night, I watched Desperate Measures and Metamorphosis. I'm a Sam fan too, so I was watching those mainly for her (ship in 'em too! ). Anyhoo, while I was watching them, I realized I had a kind of melancholy feel. And I realized it was because I missed that wonderful 'no worries' feel of watching Stargate.
            At the risk of sounding flippant, I think the old adage about nothing as good as you hoped or as bad as you feared is very true.

As a Sam-fan myself (hey, we girls gotta stick together ), I really think the second half of S7 did a lot for her characterization. Sam has been somewhat of a Super Woman till then, but Grace shows her vulnerability and her reassessing the choices she made, with Chimera being just a natural consequence of that reflection.

Although I dislike , I see him as a necessary evil for Sam's emotional growth. For one thing, (I hope) it would help her figure out what went wrong with Jonas Hanson all those years ago -- she knows it was a mistake, but I doubt she understands the root of the problem (which was her emotional insecurity, IMHO). These weaknesses need to be explored and overcome so that we can fully appreciate her strength. She also needs to figure out if she wants a family, what kind of person she wants to have it with, and what she is willing to give up in exchange. Now, how can she find all that out if she doesn't try?

Certain scenes in Chimera may be understandably nauseating for the shippers; if truth be told, personally I can do without those scenes as well. Still, popular belief has it that television, as a business, needs some ... titillating factors to entice viewers. However, looking at the "big picture," everything seems to indicate an assured "Happy Ending" for the S/J shippers. Meanwhile, as a Sam fan and a shipper, wouldn't you want her to make her choice knowingly and unreservedly?

(Just my 2c. Hope it helps. )
            In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
              I love most of the second half of Season 7 for the reasons you stated above: mainly The Kiss, The Hug and The Touch... But a part of me does wish that they hadn't resurrected our hopes this season if the only way they could 'balance' things for non J/S shippers was to introduce that intrusive plot device, Mr. P. Now a lot of focus has been aimed AT, which I think in a way is fair, because as far as I know, the Black Widow Curse tag didn't come from the fans (I could be wrong, tho), but from AT not wanting Sam to be a 'piney Jack's girl' and wanting her to have a 'boyfriend who doesn't die'. As far as I'm concerned it's a joke that's backfired on them and now they have to dig themselves out of it.

I do think though, that in the end Sam and Jack will end up together. I mean, listen, it's RDA's name above the title. I cannot believe that if this is his last season (and possibly his last in series television! ) that he'd let Jack lose Sam to Mr. P! He's the hero of the show! He must have an ego about this - it's his character - FCOL!

Seems I'm always quoting articles, but here's another one:

[excerpted from an article last year]
              FAXCION
              Interview with Joseph Mallozzi
              Words: Sally Reeve

Season seven also promises to bring something new for Major Sam Carter [Amanda Tapping]. After several fatalities, we’re promised that she’ll actually get a boyfriend who makes it to the end of an episode alive!

So is this bad news for those fans who’ve enjoyed the romantic chemistry between Carter and O’Neill? Maybe not, says Mallozzi. “Jack may be a little surprised, a little amused, even a little happy for her,” he says. “But is it because he’s just being big about the development, or because he’s such a cocky guy he knows that, in the end, things will work out in his favour?”

Yes! Jack's a cocky guy (no I won't comment on that Sally! ) Jack will prevail.

Anyway, it seems that if ship fans are going to focus their efforts on anyone, the efforts should be aimed at RDA. We should make sure that he knows how we feel and that if this is his last year, then he should make sure that Jack goes out as a winner. (ok, I was going to say 'goes out on top' but then I thought better of it...ok, shut up, Mala, quit while you're ahead! )

Hey Sally, here's YOUR gold plaque!

Yay!! Thank you Mala! feeling even better, and I'll shoot off a note to RDA.

Di

Comment

Preach on girl!! They have a lot bigger issues in the world right now, ya think?? As if someone would join the AF and after all the training and indoctrination they'd receive, feel that they can have a relationship with a commanding officer BECAUSE A TV CHARACTER DID! It's a television show, a form of entertainment, FCOL! And, if someone WAS foolish/unstable enough to use Sam and Jack as defense for their behavior, well then, it says something about the screening process for admittance into said organization....

ok, getting a cookie and a glass of wine now....thanks for letting me borrow your soapbox, Sal.
                i think that they (jack in particular) have broken more serious regulations than this. now in fairness those were for the most part to further the plot of the episodes, but still. i'd still only like to see them together at the end though.

as for all these comments by mallozi and AT about sam dumping pete and getting together with jack at the end, the extreme pessimist in me still thinks that these were just comments made in jest.
                i'd like to think that they'll actually follow through on this, but i'm not going to put too much faith into it until she actually dumps pete. preferalbly ASAP, because i really don't like that guy. ggggrrrrrr.....

Comment

Oh Sweetie, here ((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))
                  You seemed like you really needed that. I actually lurked for the first time on the Antishippers thread, and believe it or not, I actually felt better. They seem to feel that there will be MORE S/J ship in S8 and they're fretting over it. Perked me right up, not that I want anyone to be unhappy . Keep telling yourself that is just a plot device. I'm really starting to feel that he is, based on higher ups saying Sam will drop him like a sack of potatoes for Jack, as well as AT's infamous slip o' the lip in her interview.

Have faith. Have a chocolate shipper cookie. Watch a vid (Try a repeat viewing of L'Hymne a L'Amour, or Marimba's latest).

Keep the chant going:
                  Screw the regs!Down with ! Sam and Jack Forever!

Di
                  You know Di--reading their thread made me feel better too! It's nice to know we're not the only one angsting over the ship (even if we want different outcomes)! When I saw that they are worried about have *more* ship, I thought, "From your lips to PTB's ears"! In this case, I'm hoping they're right--that we'll have lots more ship!

Comment

Hey Sally, here's YOUR gold plaque!

Thanks, Mal!

(((((((((((((((Mal)))))))))))))))

And thanks for your inspiring words.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I love most of the second half of Season 7 for the reasons you stated above: mainly The Kiss, The Hug and The Touch... But a part of me does wish that they hadn't resurrected our hopes this season if the only way they could 'balance' things for non J/S shippers was to introduce that intrusive plot device, Mr. P. Now a lot of focus has been aimed AT, which I think in a way is fair, because as far as I know, the Black Widow Curse tag didn't come from the fans (I could be wrong, tho), but from AT not wanting Sam to be a 'piney Jack's girl' and wanting her to have a 'boyfriend who doesn't die'. As far as I'm concerned it's a joke that's backfired on them and now they have to dig themselves out of it.

I do think though, that in the end Sam and Jack will end up together. I mean, listen, it's RDA's name above the title. I cannot believe that if this is his last season (and possibly his last in series television! ) that he'd let Jack lose Sam to Mr. P! He's the hero of the show! He must have an ego about this - it's his character - FCOL!

Seems I'm always quoting articles, but here's another one:

[excerpted from an article last year]
                      FAXCION
                      Interview with Joseph Mallozzi
                      Words: Sally Reeve

Season seven also promises to bring something new for Major Sam Carter [Amanda Tapping]. After several fatalities, we’re promised that she’ll actually get a boyfriend who makes it to the end of an episode alive!

So is this bad news for those fans who’ve enjoyed the romantic chemistry between Carter and O’Neill? Maybe not, says Mallozzi. “Jack may be a little surprised, a little amused, even a little happy for her,” he says. “But is it because he’s just being big about the development, or because he’s such a cocky guy he knows that, in the end, things will work out in his favour?”

Yes! Jack's a cocky guy (no I won't comment on that Sally! ) Jack will prevail.

Anyway, it seems that if ship fans are going to focus their efforts on anyone, the efforts should be aimed at RDA. We should make sure that he knows how we feel and that if this is his last year, then he should make sure that Jack goes out as a winner. (ok, I was going to say 'goes out on top' but then I thought better of it...ok, shut up, Mala, quit while you're ahead! )

[snip]
                      THAT was an excellent post Mala!!! As far as quoting--quote away!! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO agree with you!! You would think the guy would have just a *little* bit of ego about the whole thing! It's time PTB moved on from their Cr*&^y plot device and let Jack win--to H&*% with the AF!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        You know Di--reading their thread made me feel better too! It's nice to know we're not the only one angsting over the ship (even if we want different outcomes)! When I saw that they are worried about have *more* ship, I thought, "From your lips to PTB's ears"! In this case, I'm hoping they're right--that we'll have lots more ship!
                        Marimba,
                        I just noticed how close we are to 1000 posts in this thread!

Come on, everyone, we can do it!! I was supposed to read and analyze a clinical reprint tonight, but Noooooo...I have MY priorities straight!! Just a few more shippy postings, and we're there!

Di

Comment

one of the only things i actually liked about the relationship with pete was the following, (and believe me i really had to rationalise with myself on this)

spoilers for season 7, chimera. ick.

although i think the fact that they allowed pete to be informed about the SGC and whatnot, severly irked me, i have to admit that among my first thoughts were: ok, so they have to be doing this so that sam can prove to herself that jack is definitely the right guy. if she dates a guy that seems funny and charming and all the bells and wistles to her, who actually knows what she does in that mountain, and that works out, nobody can say, well the only reason that didn't work out is because she had to keep her life a secret from him, how can you expect a relationship like that to work.

when the relationship with pete doesn't work out, sam will never have to wonder if she was right to not try to move on. she needs to at least try to get over jack, so that both she and we know that he is definitely the one. she needs to do this also, so that jack knows that she really does want him over anyone else.
                          i don't think i'm articulating this very well, but there's no way i'm going back to watch the episode so that i can clarify my thoughts on it

does any of this make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

At the risk of sounding flippant, I think the old adage about nothing as good as you hoped or as bad as you feared is very true.

As a Sam-fan myself (hey, we girls gotta stick together ), I really think the second half of S7 did a lot for her characterization. Sam has been somewhat of a Super Woman till then, but Grace shows her vulnerability and her reassessing the choices she made, with Chimera being just a natural consequence of that reflection.

Although I dislike , I see him as a necessary evil for Sam's emotional growth. For one thing, (I hope) it would help her figure out what went wrong with Jonas Hanson all those years ago -- she knows it was a mistake, but I doubt she understands the root of the problem (which was her emotional insecurity, IMHO). These weaknesses need to be explored and overcome so that we can fully appreciate her strength. She also needs to figure out if she wants a family, what kind of person she wants to have it with, and what she is willing to give up in exchange. Now, how can she find all that out if she doesn't try?

Certain scenes in Chimera may be understandably nauseating for the shippers; if truth be told, personally I can do without those scenes as well. Still, popular belief has it that television, as a business, needs some ... titillating factors to entice viewers. However, looking at the "big picture," everything seems to indicate an assured "Happy Ending" for the S/J shippers. Meanwhile, as a Sam fan and a shipper, wouldn't you want her to make her choice knowingly and unreservedly?

(Just my 2c. Hope it helps. )
                            And a nice two cents it is! As much as I HATE , you're probably right. I adore Sam, I just wish her growth didn't have to be so painful for us!

Comment

mmmm 1000 posts. what a dedicated bunch of little shiplets we are, eh?
                              Last edited by stargate barbie; 31 May 2004, 06:28 PM. Reason: to say, how nicely timed was that, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                one of the only things i actually liked about the relationship with pete was the following, (and believe me i really had to rationalise with myself on this)

spoilers for season 7, chimera. ick.

although i think the fact that they allowed pete to be informed about the SGC and whatnot, severly irked me, i have to admit that among my first thoughts were: ok, so they have to be doing this so that sam can prove to herself that jack is definitely the right guy. if she dates a guy that seems funny and charming and all the bells and wistles to her, who actually knows what she does in that mountain, and that works out, nobody can say, well the only reason that didn't work out is because she had to keep her life a secret from him, how can you expect a relationship like that to work.

when the relationship with pete doesn't work out, sam will never have to wonder if she was right to not try to move on. she needs to at least try to get over jack, so that both she and we know that he is definitely the one. she needs to do this also, so that jack knows that she really does want him over anyone else.
                                I think I understand where you're coming from. They both need to know that they end up together because they love each other not b/c either one of them is settling.

i don't think i'm articulating this very well, but there's no way i'm going back to watch the episode so that i can clarify my thoughts on it
                                You are a brave soul to sacrifice yourself in such a way--good luck!

does any of this make sense?
                                Yes.

And as for being a dedicated bunch--YES WE ARE!!!!!!!!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X