This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Just one little quibble re "Emancipation." I would hope Jack would not like ANYONE under his command to be forced, not just a woman he was beginning to like very much.
    Of COURSE our Jack would do anything to keep all those under his command safe...I was referring to his comment of "oh, the hell he will" when told that the Mongol might soon try to force Sam.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      Hubs videos were great, lots of fun. Is that him on the main page? Sounds like a good sport; keep him.
      Thanks! I'll pass your kudos on to him. Yes, that's him--In Macedonia in 1996 (satellite dishes and all)! As for being a good sport--definitely! And don't worry--he's not getting away!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
        Hi! I agree completely.I must admit that i post first time in my life and I haven't figurated out yet how to do it so sorry for any mistakes. Anyway, everyone on this thread is always encouraging other shippers to come out of the closet so I decided to do just that. I'm huge s/j shipper and I've been reading this thread for well over a year. You are the best!!! and always make my day. So keep up good work!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((col aga)))))))))))

glad you came out!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          Happy Birthday to Marimba's husband ..MAJKawalsky

Caty aka ShipDiva have a fab day

Hubs says Thanks!!!!

Loved your gif btw! Very sweet of you!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
            I tried to do this from memory I hope it's right , if not well what can I say.

To the tune of " You're a mean one,Mr Grinch"

You're a sly one , Mr Eek,
            There's stalking in your soul,
            You follow your new woman,
            When off to work she goes, Mr Eek!

You're a bad one, Mr Eek,
            Your rottenness you show,
            You're also far too cheap' just shows you are a *bleep*, Mr Eek!

The truth you want now,but when you don't get it,

You walk out....... and make her feel like a ho!!!

waterfall

Oooh, that's goooooood! ROFL--how perfect is that for Ptui? Good idea ShimmeringStar--and thanks for following up on it Waterfall! I'll never watch that movie the same way again!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              Spoilers for S5, S6, S7, S8

Last night, I watched Desperate Measures and Metamorphosis. I'm a Sam fan too, so I was watching those mainly for her (ship in 'em too! ). Anyhoo, while I was watching them, I realized I had a kind of melancholy feel. And I realized it was because I missed that wonderful 'no worries' feel of watching Stargate. See, since Chernobyl... it hasn't been the same. It's like looking at eps now as BC or AC (Before Chernobyl, After Chernobyl). Before Chernobyl, all we had to worry about were the regs and the writers still writing ship. Now, we have to worry about the regs, the writers still writing ship in, AND a boyfriend that's only showing us the scenes we want to see between Sam and Jack!

I remember an anti-shipper asking shippers once that if they took away PS, but only if the shippers were willing to live with subtle ship, would we take it? I couldn't answer, because I kept thinking about the hug in Heroes 2, the kiss in Grace, the ice/face touching end scene in Lost City 2... Would I be willing to give that up to get rid of PS? In truth, I don't know. BUT, knowing that the threat of MORE PS/Sam ship scenes are looming around the bend, like a tornado waiting to strike.... I'm seriously considering yes. And I resent it. The last season and a half of my favorite show, and I'm partly dreading what I'm going to see. I believe that Sam and Jack are going to get together in some sort by the end, but will all the S/P ship stuff make it not worth it? Will I be so heart broken by that time that I won't be able to appreciate it or enjoy it? I don't know. What I *do* know is that I'm holding off buying dvds until I know how S/P is going to be handled. If I can make it through their stuff, then I'll buy the dvds. I've stopped at season four, and if need be, that'll be it. Am I over-reacting? Probably. But I can't help it. My heart's leading me, not my head. I mean, when you almost wish the show ended at season 6...

Okay fellow shippers, I'm done venting. Hope I haven't brought anyone down? Just needed to get those feelings out. Glad I have a place where I can. Thank you shippers for giving me that place.

*group hug*

Sally
              Oh Sweetie, here ((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))
              You seemed like you really needed that. I actually lurked for the first time on the Antishippers thread, and believe it or not, I actually felt better. They seem to feel that there will be MORE S/J ship in S8 and they're fretting over it. Perked me right up, not that I want anyone to be unhappy . Keep telling yourself that is just a plot device. I'm really starting to feel that he is, based on higher ups saying Sam will drop him like a sack of potatoes for Jack, as well as AT's infamous slip o' the lip in her interview.

Have faith. Have a chocolate shipper cookie. Watch a vid (Try a repeat viewing of L'Hymne a L'Amour, or Marimba's latest).

Keep the chant going:
              Screw the regs!Down with ! Sam and Jack Forever!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                Anyway, Sally, since you asked (a zillion posts ago):
                "Make up a new potato head pic, okay?"
                So I went a little overboard? and you got 4 more...

Not overboard at all! They're a work of genius! Thanks, Mal.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

I just saw this episode a couple days ago and noticed something interesting. Right after Jack woke Sam up and she noticed her state of undress, she was half sitting and her back was showing. I thought there were some blatant "checking out" by Jack -- not that it was overtly erotic or anything, just kinda humourous.
                  Definitely a shippy moment with humor -- personally feel those are the BEST kind!! I'd go back to watch, but I MUST plow onward thru the next seasons....yes, I know it's hard work, but SOMEONE's got to do it!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                    I don't do gold statues, but I can do a GOLD plaque:

That is GREAT, Mal! You're so creative.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      OK, this is for everyone that was asking about shippy episodes......

[snip]

“Singularity” – the elevator scene
                      Have to add a moment here. At the end of "Singularity"--the look and the big smile she gives Jack when Cassie tells her that Jack got her a dog. She raises her eyebrow at him almost like she's saying "indeed"! It's just so cute! It melts my heart--lots of chemistry there!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        "We will dance" is beautiful and I made them dance ..didn't I!!!
                        Just watched your new vid! Just LOVED the song!!!! So SWEET and SHIPPY!!!!!! Soft and gentle--kind of like their love for each other!!!!! VERY NICE JOB on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          I think it's time to cut loose from the AF and stop having those guest officers on, also. I have utmost respect for the AF and other service branches, but this is a TV SF show, it's fiction and the AF parameters are holding back certain aspects of the story line, especially one we want.
                          I agree. I've felt that for years. This isn't a recruiting show, but a scifi show where anything's possible!... accept bringing two ppl together. The AF -even with all their toys they loan and their advise- are just basically holding the show and storylines back. Seeing as the military has enough on their hands; let them go and let the writers write scifi. End of rant.

Sally
                          Last edited by majorsal; 31 May 2004, 06:10 PM. Reason: mixed up letters (mind too)
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            Have to add a moment here. At the end of "Singularity"--the look and the big smile she gives Jack when Cassie tells her that Jack got her a dog. She raises her eyebrow at him almost like she's saying "indeed"! It's just so cute! It melts my heart--lots of chemistry there!
                            Yet another scene I need to go back and cherish! I tell you, the only way to make documenting our twosome's moments easier is to point out when they DON'T have that subtle fire burning. They are simply two actors that really click. TPTB can't have missed that, or wouldn't have started the ship (subtle as it was) in the first place.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                              I really enjoyed If You Leave, (although my favorites remain What A Man and Come Away with Me). And OMG, I Caint Say No left me LMAO ...The Pit sighting wasn't too bad, because I could envision Sam beating the c%#* out of him instead of the Mongol warrior! Finally, are you sure your hubs doesn't REALLY work for the SGC? That recruiting vid, very exciting, with great music! If I were only a hundred years younger, I might even sign up (just to help the fight against the Goauld, nothing to do with Jack or anything....were was I?) o yes, Very impressive vids from your other half (you must be a good teach ).

Di
                              Nope--though I would LOVE for him to be part of the SGC! Just a hooah (said like who--ah) guy from the army! He says Thanks-- he's thrilled that everyone likes his vids!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Spoilers for S5, S6, S7, S8

Last night, I watched Desperate Measures and Metamorphosis. I'm a Sam fan too, so I was watching those mainly for her (ship in 'em too! ). Anyhoo, while I was watching them, I realized I had a kind of melancholy feel. And I realized it was because I missed that wonderful 'no worries' feel of watching Stargate. See, since Chernobyl... it hasn't been the same. It's like looking at eps now as BC or AC (Before Chernobyl, After Chernobyl). Before Chernobyl, all we had to worry about were the regs and the writers still writing ship. Now, we have to worry about the regs, the writers still writing ship in, AND a boyfriend that's only showing us the scenes we want to see between Sam and Jack!

I remember an anti-shipper asking shippers once that if they took away PS, but only if the shippers were willing to live with subtle ship, would we take it? I couldn't answer, because I kept thinking about the hug in Heroes 2, the kiss in Grace, the ice/face touching end scene in Lost City 2... Would I be willing to give that up to get rid of PS? In truth, I don't know. BUT, knowing that the threat of MORE PS/Sam ship scenes are looming around the bend, like a tornado waiting to strike.... I'm seriously considering yes. And I resent it. The last season and a half of my favorite show, and I'm partly dreading what I'm going to see. I believe that Sam and Jack are going to get together in some sort by the end, but will all the S/P ship stuff make it not worth it? Will I be so heart broken by that time that I won't be able to appreciate it or enjoy it? I don't know. What I *do* know is that I'm holding off buying dvds until I know how S/P is going to be handled. If I can make it through their stuff, then I'll buy the dvds. I've stopped at season four, and if need be, that'll be it. Am I over-reacting? Probably. But I can't help it. My heart's leading me, not my head. I mean, when you almost wish the show ended at season 6...

Okay fellow shippers, I'm done venting. Hope I haven't brought anyone down? Just needed to get those feelings out. Glad I have a place where I can. Thank you shippers for giving me that place.

*group hug*

Sally
                                I love most of the second half of Season 7 for the reasons you stated above: mainly The Kiss, The Hug and The Touch... But a part of me does wish that they hadn't resurrected our hopes this season if the only way they could 'balance' things for non J/S shippers was to introduce that intrusive plot device, Mr. P. Now a lot of focus has been aimed AT, which I think in a way is fair, because as far as I know, the Black Widow Curse tag didn't come from the fans (I could be wrong, tho), but from AT not wanting Sam to be a 'piney Jack's girl' and wanting her to have a 'boyfriend who doesn't die'. As far as I'm concerned it's a joke that's backfired on them and now they have to dig themselves out of it.

I do think though, that in the end Sam and Jack will end up together. I mean, listen, it's RDA's name above the title. I cannot believe that if this is his last season (and possibly his last in series television! ) that he'd let Jack lose Sam to Mr. P! He's the hero of the show! He must have an ego about this - it's his character - FCOL!

Seems I'm always quoting articles, but here's another one:

[excerpted from an article last year]
                                FAXCION
                                Interview with Joseph Mallozzi
                                Words: Sally Reeve

Season seven also promises to bring something new for Major Sam Carter [Amanda Tapping]. After several fatalities, we’re promised that she’ll actually get a boyfriend who makes it to the end of an episode alive!

So is this bad news for those fans who’ve enjoyed the romantic chemistry between Carter and O’Neill? Maybe not, says Mallozzi. “Jack may be a little surprised, a little amused, even a little happy for her,” he says. “But is it because he’s just being big about the development, or because he’s such a cocky guy he knows that, in the end, things will work out in his favour?”

Yes! Jack's a cocky guy (no I won't comment on that Sally! ) Jack will prevail.

Anyway, it seems that if ship fans are going to focus their efforts on anyone, the efforts should be aimed at RDA. We should make sure that he knows how we feel and that if this is his last year, then he should make sure that Jack goes out as a winner. (ok, I was going to say 'goes out on top' but then I thought better of it...ok, shut up, Mala, quit while you're ahead! )

Hey Sally, here's YOUR gold plaque!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X