This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    AAHHH Ship Sistah...That is what I was hoping but I figured before someone took you serious I would say something and :::shrug:: kind of ASK..... you never know JUST how many of the YELLOW cookies people have eaten

We are almost there just OVER ONE month to go.... I have a new photo program to play with and Mala's expert advice to ask to maybe I can make a few "acceptable" pics for us too.

ANYTHING to help the frustration!!
    Yay! I miss all the great pics that were on this thread. I think it only lasted for two weeks, where we all went nuts posting wonderfully shippy images, before we were modded down (sistah rakes tin cup against prison bars, wailing incoherently) -- but those were some fantastic two weeks! I loved never knowing what image you would see next.

Anyway, it's important to be modded. I myself would be intolerable without structure. What wouldn't I say!?

Here are two lines I'd write if-- whoa did i say "if"-- I mean WHEN Sam and Jack get together. They wouldn't make a good chant by themselves. I like that the chant we have now has three parts. Maybe they'll inspire someone else to formulate a good ship success chant.

OUR SHIP HAS COME IN!!!

and

IT WAS THE COOKIES!!!

Simple, but they mean something to this thread.

ship sistah

p.s. has anyone seen the Sheraton commercial that has a version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star as the background music? That song will never be just a kid's melody to me anymore.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      ***waves in greeting to the dancer of spaz****
      I read all posts on this Thread... others do too... your voice is heard!

As far as viciousness.... lately haven't lurked any other threads. (well... this morning I did try to get through all pages of the current Thunker Thread... but that's different ...) When I was surfing a number of the threads at Delphi in 3/04 & 4/04 it was disheartening to see the attacks by fans, on actors, on writers, on directors, on each other........ made a conscious decision, even though some good points were brought up on them, to not go back to them. This a.m. before coming on to the Forum I checked out SciFi's BB.... OMG!!!! Glad I didn't look at it at while on my computer at work! The cussing, the backstabbing, the......

I don't think I'm sticking my head in the sand trying to hide from or avoid other's thoughts. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. But I see/deal w/enough C@#! in real life (work & personal)... don't want it (or need it) when I'm choosing to be part of on-line fandom. Dang it, if we're all working toward a common goal - keeping the show on the air & well-written/well-acted for as long as it can - then the S@#! has got to stop.

***pushes soapbox back under table***
      Shimmeringstar,
      I have perused MANY threads AND many BB and I can say for me, my goal is to be a fan and I can honestly say as a shipper THIS is THE most supportive, open, SHIPPER thread I have ever seen. granted it is protected and I am sure that THAT makes a HUGE difference but ALL of the people here are just flat out wonderful.
      But GW makes a REAL effort to stop any attacks on the actors themselves and that is one of the BIGGEST reason I stayed here
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        Yay! I miss all the great pics that were on this thread. I think it only lasted for two weeks, where we all went nuts posting wonderfully shippy images, before we were modded down (sistah rakes tin cup against prison bars, wailing incoherently) -- but those were some fantastic two weeks! I loved never knowing what image you would see next.

Anyway, it's important to be modded. I myself would be intolerable without structure. What wouldn't I say!?

Here are two lines I'd write if-- whoa did i say "if"-- I mean WHEN Sam and Jack get together. They wouldn't make a good chant by themselves. I like that the chant we have now has three parts. Maybe they'll inspire someone else to formulate a good ship success chant.

OUR SHIP HAS COME IN!!!

and

IT WAS THE COOKIES!!!

Simple, but they mean something to this thread.

ship sistah

p.s. has anyone seen the Sheraton commercial that has a version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star as the background music? That song will never be just a kid's melody to me anymore.
        I Have a goal this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
        ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOo at the picture of you railing against TPTB with your cup

break out the thinking cap
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Was it Lt Lisa that created the original chant back on Delphi?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            Shimmeringstar,
            I have perused MANY threads AND many BB and I can say for me, my goal is to be a fan and I can honestly say as a shipper THIS is THE most supportive, open, SHIPPER thread I have ever seen. granted it is protected and I am sure that THAT makes a HUGE difference but ALL of the people here are just flat out wonderful.
            But GW makes a REAL effort to stop any attacks on the actors themselves and that is one of the BIGGEST reason I stayed here
            ***runs up & gives quick hug to sacme & TameFarrar***
            Hi! It was kinda lonely this a.m. w/just Caty & I on. I know it is Sunday & we're all in different time zones.... but I missed my ShipperFamily! (Plus I was afraid it'd look like I was hogging the Thread, making so many posts!!! )

But I agree... GW is wonderful. (& I'll be redundant - thank you Darren, Shipperahoy & all the others... it means alot to us, what you've given us!) I know I don't have the BB experience you have (that spamming & cookie stuff keeps me sticking to the same sites ususally), but agree this Thread is one of the best. (The Thunkers may have to duke it out w/us? But, noooo... I could see us just passing the little gold statue back & forth.... this is your week to keep it... oh no, it's yours, we insist..... )

Thanks for letting me come & play.
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Yeah on the Trek BB I guess you can cuss all you want. I would participate sometimes in the running commentaries during new Stargare episodes. Since no one I know is into this show, it was kind of nice to watch it with others. Those were pretty tame.
              Last edited by sacme; 30 May 2004, 10:18 AM.

Comment

LOL! I volunteer to bake the cake to bring to you next visiting hours. (***whispers*** ) Don't tell anyone, but you'll find in the raspberry filling in the middle there's an all-plastic DVD player (to get around those pesky X-ray machines) w/ a DVD compilation of our ShipperFamily's latest greatest hits release "S/J Shippiest Moments, Vol. III!"
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

(((((((((((((((((shimmmering star)))))))))))))))))))

Yes, it is nice having this sweet little haven to ourselves; so full of love and cookies and a wonderful, supportive -- and very funny-- Shipper Family. What are we going to do when the show ends? How bittersweet! Our couple will be together, but our show will be over. Ok, I'm depressing myself; the 8th season hasn't even begun! Quickly eats blue cookie to compensate.

Post all you want, we'll make more. I know when I get really behind and I'm responding to other posts, by the time I get to the front, it seems like there's a whole page of my posts. It's nice reading other's thoughts, don't worry.

ship sistah

Comment

What are we going to do when the show ends? How bittersweet! Our couple will be together, but our show will be over. Ok, I'm depressing myself; the 8th season hasn't even begun! Quickly eats blue cookie to compensate.

Post all you want, we'll make more. I know when I get really behind and I'm responding to other posts, by the time I get to the front, it seems like there's a whole page of my posts. It's nice reading other's thoughts, don't worry.

ship sistah
                    Responding to your 2nd paragraph 1st... I think w/the threat of thunderstorms down here very late today & again tomorrow (& the fact noone else is in the house today 'cept me & the dog) that's another reason I'm being so.... productive... today.

RE: Season 8..... wasn't there an article somewhere (GW, StargateSolutions, somewhere???) that RDA mentioned something about coming back for a season 9 if the $ (& schedule) was right?

Comment

***waves in greeting to the dancer of spaz****
                      I read all posts on this Thread... others do too... your voice is heard!

As far as viciousness.... lately haven't lurked any other threads. (well... this morning I did try to get through all pages of the current Thunker Thread... but that's different ...) When I was surfing a number of the threads at Delphi in 3/04 & 4/04 it was disheartening to see the attacks by fans, on actors, on writers, on directors, on each other........ made a conscious decision, even though some good points were brought up on them, to not go back to them. This a.m. before coming on to the Forum I checked out SciFi's BB.... OMG!!!! Glad I didn't look at it at while on my computer at work! The cussing, the backstabbing, the......

I don't think I'm sticking my head in the sand trying to hide from or avoid other's thoughts. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. But I see/deal w/enough C@#! in real life (work & personal)... don't want it (or need it) when I'm choosing to be part of on-line fandom. Dang it, if we're all working toward a common goal - keeping the show on the air & well-written/well-acted for as long as it can - then the S@#! has got to stop.

***pushes soapbox back under table***
                      Hey ShimmeringStar (BTW, LOVE your name),
                      You have articulated perfectly just why I stopped going to SciFiBB, as well as others -- they're not even close to our Gateworld family for respect, character/episode analysis and just plain fun...no one's even a close second.
                      BTW, I've missed you all... had to plan and oversee my oldest kid's birthday party. He wanted a sleepover. Yep. Seven 10year old boys, squirt gun contests, cake, soda, games, movies, nightime hikes w/flashlights, finding the gummybears in the jello (sans hands) and no sleep. Somewhere around 2am, I was seriously looking for a zat gun. Not for them, I was considering shooting myself with something. Oh well, the bottle of wine helped. Should I have tried shipper cookies ?

Hmmm...just got a mental image of Sam and Jack's preteen boy at HIS birthday party. With his genetic inheritance, he and his friends would probably be hacking into NORAD and the SGC, or building their own stargate, ala Orlin in Ascension.

sorry for the rambling thoughts.
                      Di

Comment

LOL! I volunteer to bake the cake to bring to you next visiting hours. (***whispers*** ) Don't tell anyone, but you'll find in the raspberry filling in the middle there's an all-plastic DVD player (to get around those pesky X-ray machines) w/ a DVD compilation of our ShipperFamily's latest greatest hits release "S/J Shippiest Moments, Vol. III!"
                        Raspberry filling!!!! We're gonna get along just fine!

O'NEILL: Teal'c and Daniel say Hi. They're planning a little bit of a shindig for when you're up and around. There's talk of cake.

CARTER: Cake?

O'NEILL: My idea.

CARTER: Can't wait.

Thanks for the DVD player!!!!!!! I'm feeling better. Maybe they'll let me out soon.

ship sistah

Comment

Was it Lt Lisa that created the original chant back on Delphi?
                          Ship Sistah
                          I get the honor for *PART* of the chant
                          Screw the Regs, Sam & Jack Forever was me back on Delphi
                          and then Marimba added Down with Pit

so we consoled ourselves with
                          Screw the regs!! Down with Pit!! Sam & Jack Forever!!!
                          THEN LTLisa brought it all to the pinnacle when she began the ceremonial dance and the reast as they say is history!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            You have articulated perfectly just why I stopped going to SciFiBB, as well as others -- they're not even close to our Gateworld family for respect, character/episode analysis and just plain fun...no one's even a close second.
                            BTW, I've missed you all... had to plan and oversee my oldest kid's birthday party. He wanted a sleepover. Yep. Seven 10year old boys, squirt gun contests, cake, soda, games, movies, nightime hikes w/flashlights, finding the gummybears in the jello (sans hands) and no sleep. Somewhere around 2am, I was seriously looking for a zat gun. Not for them, I was considering shooting myself with something. Oh well, the bottle of wine helped. Should I have tried shipper cookies ?

Hmmm...just got a mental image of Sam and Jack's preteen boy at HIS birthday party. With his genetic inheritance, he and his friends would probably be hacking into NORAD and the SGC, or building their own stargate, ala Orlin in Ascension.

Di
                            (((((((((hug)))))))))))
                            Welcome back.
                            Even though I'm new to posting here, I feel like I know everyone & that's a nice feeling.
                            ***blushes at name compliment*** (we need a blushing smiley w/dimples here!)

LOL, that's probably what their offspring would do!

Comment

***runs up & gives quick hug to sacme & TameFarrar***
                              Hi! It was kinda lonely this a.m. w/just Caty & I on. I know it is Sunday & we're all in different time zones.... but I missed my ShipperFamily! (Plus I was afraid it'd look like I was hogging the Thread, making so many posts!!! )

But I agree... GW is wonderful. (& I'll be redundant - thank you Darren, Shipperahoy & all the others... it means alot to us, what you've given us!) I know I don't have the BB experience you have (that spamming & cookie stuff keeps me sticking to the same sites ususally), but agree this Thread is one of the best. (The Thunkers may have to duke it out w/us? But, noooo... I could see us just passing the little gold statue back & forth.... this is your week to keep it... oh no, it's yours, we insist..... )

Thanks for letting me come & play.
                              RICL (rocking my chair laughing) ((((((((((hugs back)))))))))))

I think Mala would give The Shipper thread their own little gold statue and I have my own little one I will put here

There everyone can be happy all the time.
                              I don't have a whole lot of BB anything either but I am sure glad I came to GW before I gave up!! I am a member of the "official" Sci-Fi and let's just say I come here to GW EXCLUSIVELY. nuff said.
                              I found some fun pics to play with ssssssoooooo
                              I hope to making you smile later today that is IF I can figure out all the DOODADS in this new program....... Feeling very much like Jack at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'

Di
                                FALLING ALL OVER MYSELF LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to get up and walk away I was laughing so hard over this picture!!!!!!

Then to add to it I could FEEL your need to zat yourself....LOL all over again

I can just see Sam & Jack trying to corral Their boys when the time comes.......... Sam trying to *explain* things and ALL of the boys* (this includes Jack) just rolling their eyes........ LOLOLOL

Thanks for this wonderful belly laugh to break up my day Di!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X