X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacme
    [snip]

Yeah, that line about his being "curious" really got to me. If he was just curious, then he would have watched Sam for an hour, saw that she was on a regular stakeout and left. stayed there ALL NIGHT surveilling Sam-- as if SHE was the criminal! And I don't buy that he was there to safeguard the woman he loved. There was no expectation that there would be danger, not all stakeouts end in busts. In fact most are for evidence and intelligence gathering, so he wasn't there to protect her. He was there because (in his mind) Sam was his woman, and he wanted to know what his woman was doing-- nevermind that it totally goes against the rules of her job (which she cares about very much) that he know. Controlling, selfish SOB.
    YEP! Not to mention "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical" JERK! (to quote the ladies in "9 to 5") I could explain why I feel he fits each and every one of these adjectives but I think you've done it for me ship sistah!

[snip] But the (all-male) PTB and apparently AT don't see it as a problem of character for to do it to Sam. I think it's a double standard that I hadn't expected on Stargate, especially since Sam has been written so self-assured.
    Yes, and therein lies the problem.

I know people can act very differently when they're in relationships, but he encroached onto her workplace, which should have reactivated Super Sam. After she saw that was going to be okay, Sam should have given him three snaps up and a neck roll, before reminding him, 'look, I'm a military officer, Gulf War vet and I've been a defender of this country for a long time -- and I've been able to do it competently for years without your help. Back off! How dare you disregard my position, betray my trust, embarrass me in front of my teammates, jeopardize my operation-- putting us all in danger, and demand so much of me after knowing me for a few weeks-- as a cop I expected more from you. I thought you'd get it. Obviously, I was wrong. You're not that cute. It's over.'

never got how lucky he was. How do you walk out on gorgeous Sam-- in bed-- because she wouldn't give you a full enough job description!!! WTF! Who the @*#$ cares what she does for a living! I'm exaggerating, but really, how do you get so hung up on that so early in the relationship. He's truly half a man. So insecure. I mean could have found her secrets exciting. Especially after he did the background check, he would have known that she was into some top-secret military stuff. He could have said, 'whoa. she's into some deep $#*+. she could probably kill me 5 ways with her big toe, if she wanted. that's hot. I should give her her space, let her do her thing, so she can come home to me and show me some moves.'

no, instead he becomes master manipulator. I can't believe he was able to turn this around on Sam and make her feel guilty and like she was the one that was blowing this relationship. Nonsense! She's saved the planet how many times and yet, in the end, Sam feels like she's the one that owes something. WTF, did do to her?
    I was thinking Sam would kick his @$$! She beat the cr@* out of that chieftain in Emancipation for being a sexist jerk and Ptui practically stalks her and gets AWAY with it?!!! I STILL can't believe it!

I think someone needs to sit everyone in Vancouver down and point by point explain to them what they've done to Sam and fandom.
    Yep!

[snip] Just a ridiculous/contrived episode.
    That about sums it up!

and piece of mind.
    I wish.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Hi all
      I am off to Florida from England with my family for two weeks from the 4th June so I will miss reading all your post as it keeps my spirits up. I am hoping as we all are for a positive outcome to the Sam and Jack relationship this season. So to TPTB please do not let down the largest percentage of the fan base, lets have a wonderful loving and sexy resolution to our 8 years of waiting and being patient.

Isis

Sam and jack forever
      Isis
      Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
        Hi all
        I am off to Florida from England with my family for two weeks from the 4th June so I will miss reading all your post as it keeps my spirits up. I am hoping as we all are for a positive outcome to the Sam and Jack relationship this season. So to TPTB please do not let down the largest percentage of the fan base, lets have a wonderful loving and sexy resolution to our 8 years of waiting and being patient.

Isis

Sam and jack forever

Have a nice holiday Isis

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          I guess the most frustrating part of all of this for me is that Jack and Sam coming together could have been such a natural thing and we could have focused on things that really pertain to Stargate like the transition of Sam from second in command to leading the missions, Jacks transition into head of the SGC, and Daniels and Teal'cs new obsticals that they might face in Season 8, and sometimes as added throw ins how the relationship between Jack and Sam is progressing. I guess I feel TBTB had enough to deal with that Pete really wasn't necessary.

I also feel with bringing Pete aboard they have made things more difficult for themselves than they think. Initially we probably all would have been happy with a kiss and maybe a fishing invitation being accepted, now because of Pete the stakes have been raised, a good majority of us are hoping for equal and better time for Jack when they do get together. So what could have been simple and natural, now has become a major issue (pardon the pun). I think when you start including a spark of a relationship between two main characters the best way to handle it would be to let it progress slowly, yes angst and rst are important ingredients in capturing a shipper audience, but I think where most writers go wrong is hanging on to the angst and rst too long. If they would let the relationship naturally take its place in the show, the expectations don't get too high and usually can be met, but if you hang on too long you usually start loosing part of your audience; so, when you then do throw your two characters together the expectations are too high for any writer to really reach. Does that make any sense? I think by bringing Pete in it serves only to bring the relationship to the forefront of the show when the shows main focus should stay on the team. Case in point "Chimera" itself. Daniels part of the show to me was what the episode should have focused on that is what Stargate is about, but the main focus was on the big deal of Pete and Daniels part of the story was lost and forgotten. This is where I think ship gets the raw deal, don't shine the main focus on it; let it grow slowly and passionately in the background and everybody wins.
          Not only have they frustrated their audience they have set themselves up for an ending that will be difficult, if not impossible, to do well. They are setting themselves up to have to wave a magic wand to remove all of the obstacles they are creating.

I agree about the ship getting a raw deal! Since when is it our fault that the writers have created a situation that most of the fans hate!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
            Ya know, I've often wondered this myself.
            Something smells fishy and it's not Jack's lake.
            Mabey the reason they are continuing with this storyline that they have something up their sleeve that will be revealed in a later story.

Actually I've just had a very interesting thought.

I always thought that 'S arrival was a little too conveniant in terms of timing.

Imagine this:
            Perhaps the reason that no one got upset about being at the stake out or about Sam telling him about the Stargate is that he is the "Chimera"
            and that Sam is still suffering the effects of the alien in "Grace"??????

Think about it: When Sam said "It's Pete" at the stakeout Jack just had this confused look on his face and you never saw with anyone else but Sam.

Sam can talk about all she wants but what if nobody has met him??
            Mebey is just another hallucination.

We can only hope.

waterfall
            Oh, waterfall!!!!!!!! Have I told you how much I love you today! (In a non-shippy platonic kind of way LOL) OMG--the more I think about this, the more I like it! What an idea!! After all--NO ONE else from the SGC has seen him!! She could have imagined him after that MAJOR head injury she had!!

And he 'conveniently' lives in another town! That would explain his absence!! OMG--maybe she got possessed by the alien and it's making her delusional!

OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!! You've stumbled on to the perfect way out of the Ptui dilemma!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Oh, waterfall!!!!!!!! Have I told you how much I love you today! (In a non-shippy platonic kind of way LOL) OMG--the more I think about this, the more I like it! What an idea!! After all--NO ONE else from the SGC has seen him!! She could have imagined him after that MAJOR head injury she had!!

And he 'conveniently' lives in another town! That would explain his absence!! OMG--maybe she got possessed by the alien and it's making her delusional!

OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!! You've stumbled on to the perfect way out of the Ptui dilemma!

Do you mean that Pete is the Chimera that the replicator is already using on Sam?

You know the episode where he makes her believe that they live on a farm in Montana....Do you mean that the replicator is Pete in Chimera...and in fact he does not really exist for real but is just a figment of Sam 's imagination like in Grace?

Shame that they didn't do the episode like the Grace episode then just to let us know that Pete is an hallucination like JACK was in "Grace".

But this would be a really good idea to give Sam some credit .After all if it's just in her mind specially after the big head trauma of Grace , she should be forgiven..

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Sugarshaker waves to all the shippers!

I am hopelessly behind on all these posts, so please forgive me if someone already said this. I can't believe what I'm reading here. Yuck. If your daughter's boyfriend parked down the street from her house, and watched her comings and goings, and followed her in her car, would that be acceptable? I think most people would say this is a complete no-brainer.

I know there's been a lot said about how AT had to say something like this to support the party line, and that may be true, but I had to get this off my chest anyway. It's not OK for anyone to do that to my daughter (if I had one) and it's not OK for anyone to do it to Sam either! There. That and some yellow shipper cookies and I'll be fine.
                Yep! After all, every woman is SOMEBODY'S daughter! Including Sam!

I'm on vacation next week, so instead of my usual beach reading, I'm printing out all the posts I've yet to read (pages and pages) and taking them with me to catch up on. (Yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition! ) Reading you guys is better than reading John Grisham any day!
                Enjoy your vacation!! Hope you can print out all the nice shippy piccies too! And before I forget:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK SUGARSHAKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

So maybe 5th actually kidnapped Sam during Grace. He pushed on her and tortures her by finding ways to stop her from telling the Jack in her head her true feelings for him-- because in real life, after Heroes and TLC, even Sam would have admitted it. And in season 8 she'll realize, while in Montana, that her life can't possibly be this dismal and she'll fight to regain herself. In so doing, she'll need to crawl around naked in a tube until *hurrah* the real Jack comes to rescue her. Wild MoNkEy SeX ensues...

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

So maybe 5th actually kidnapped Sam during Grace. He pushed on her and tortures her by finding ways to stop her from telling the Jack in her head her true feelings for him-- because in real life, after Heroes and TLC, even Sam would have admitted it. And in season 8 she'll realize, while in Montana, that her life can't possibly be this dismal and she'll fight to regain herself. In so doing, she'll need to crawl around naked in a tube until *hurrah* the real Jack comes to rescue her. Wild MoNkEy SeX ensues...

ship sistah
                    Now that's an episode I'd want to see!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      Unfortunately some of the pictures are still too big. They have to fall within the signature guidelines which if you look at the FAQ can be no more than 200 pixels tall. Just to give you some reference Token's last picture is 327 pixels tall (sorry Token, I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm just trying to give some sort of scale). Again, I hate to be the big burly billy-club bearing prison matron but rules is rules and the people with dial-up thank you.
                      Not a problem. I wouldn't know what 200 pixels were if they fell on me!

If someone could make our favorite picture within the guidelines that would be loverly.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        LOL Caty.... not actually a BAD MOOD....just frustrated

and really wishing July 9th was ALREADY HERE!!!
                        Yes, YES, YES!!!! I'm looking forward to the Lowdown on SciFi on July 5! I hope we get some gooood ship previews. Hey, I can dream, can't I? Must be the blue shipper cookies that bring on the dreamy bliss.

Token ~

Comment

You don't post a lot, but when you do you always have a way of seeing things that calm me down and make me feel optimistic again.
                          Hey there, fair neighbor! Glad to be sharing my happy-pills (or delusion ) with ya. I don't get to post in this thread as much as I'd like to, because I am always awed by your collective eloquence (and have very little to add ). But I do lurk quite a bit.

I've yet to read the entire article. I'm hoping I can go out and buy the mag today.
                          In case you couldn't get ahold of the mag, here are TameFarrar's links to the scan of the article.

On a separate note ... funny you were talking about Riker and Troi of ST:TNG. It is my favorite SciFi show, primarily because I grew up with it. I am sorry to say that I didn't really "get" R/T; instead, their relationship just confused me (or maybe I was just too young back then). That is until I read Imazadi and finally "got" what it was all about, years after the show ended.
                          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

[QUOTE=sacme]
                            I'm a dittohead as well-- for Nickatelle. This article once again brought up some fury.

rant on, I'm with you!

This must be the most controversial show they've ever written. Thankfully, it seems they are not so oblivious that they don't know they've pissed a lot of people off, but they certainly don't seem to be doing enough to rectify the situation. If anything, by trying to salvage , they're making the situation worse and completely alienating most fans. I understand wanting to be true to some kind of artistic vision, but from what I've heard Chernobyl was a cobbled together script anyway. So just get rid of him. What is to gain by his presence, really, that couldn't be done some other way?

sickened

Yeah, that line about his being "curious" really got to me. If he was just curious, then he would have watched Sam for an hour, saw that she was on a regular stakeout and left. stayed there ALL NIGHT surveilling Sam-- as if SHE was the criminal! And I don't buy that he was there to safeguard the woman he loved. There was no expectation that there would be danger, not all stakeouts end in busts. In fact most are for evidence and intelligence gathering, so he wasn't there to protect her. He was there because (in his mind) Sam was his woman, and he wanted to know what his woman was doing-- nevermind that it totally goes against the rules of her job (which she cares about very much) that he know. Controlling, selfish SOB.

If Sam decided to follow him on a job, I think he would be embarassed in front of his colleagues. I have no doubt he would take Sam aside and say, 'listen hunny, I've been a cop for many years, I know what I'm doing. I've got a team here that has my back and you don't have to worry about me. But the (all-male) PTB and apparently AT don't see it as a problem of character for to do it to Sam. I think it's a double standard that I hadn't expected on Stargate, especially since Sam has been written so self-assured.

I know people can act very differently when they're in relationships, but he encroached onto her workplace, which should have reactivated Super Sam. After she saw that was going to be okay, Sam should have given him three snaps up and a neck roll, before reminding him, 'look, I'm a military officer, Gulf War vet and I've been a defender of this country for a long time -- and I've been able to do it competently for years without your help. Back off! How dare you disregard my position, betray my trust, embarrass me in front of my teammates, jeopardize my operation-- putting us all in danger, and demand so much of me after knowing me for a few weeks-- as a cop I expected more from you. I thought you'd get it. Obviously, I was wrong. You're not that cute. It's over.'

never got how lucky he was. How do you walk out on gorgeous Sam-- in bed-- because she wouldn't give you a full enough job description!!! WTF! Who the @*#$ cares what she does for a living! I'm exaggerating, but really, how do you get so hung up on that so early in the relationship. He's truly half a man. So insecure. I mean could have found her secrets exciting. Especially after he did the background check, he would have known that she was into some top-secret military stuff. He could have said, 'whoa. she's into some deep $#*+. she could probably kill me 5 ways with her big toe, if she wanted. that's hot. I should give her her space, let her do her thing, so she can come home to me and show me some moves.'

no, instead he becomes master manipulator. I can't believe he was able to turn this around on Sam and make her feel guilty and like she was the one that was blowing this relationship. Nonsense! She's saved the planet how many times and yet, in the end, Sam feels like she's the one that owes something. WTF, did do to her?

someone needs to sit everyone in Vancouver down and point by point explain to them what they've done to Sam and fandom.

I have one more thing to rant about. How was able to follow Sam in the first place? What, was he loitering outside Cheyenne mountain waiting for her to come out? And how did he know Sam was in that that van? Does he have X-ray vision or did he put a homing device on every piece of clothing she owns? And why would he even assume that he would find out what she did by following her outside of the military complex? Why would he think that following her around Colorado Springs-- a hotbed of instability-- would help him figure her out? SG1's missions on Earth are pretty rare. Boy, he got pretty lucky stumbling upon that stakeout. More often than not he would have only been able to follow her to the grocery store and never would have gotten a clue as to what she did for a living. Just a ridiculous/contrived episode.

and piece of mind.

ship sistah
                            Ship Nana stands up and applauds Ship Sistah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Now as to A cop that follows his girlfriend to a stakeout AND THEN SITS THERE ALL NIGHT and the NEXT MORNING comes up is NOT inquisitive he is a stalker!!!! HELLO
                              Now you tell me...in every movie that you have seen and the guy who is doing THAT sort of thing EVEN IF HE IS A COP, what is he??.....HE IS THE BAD GUY!!! Thank you!!!
                              okay needed to get that off my chest.

Yep. A stalker is a stalker is a stalker.

Now.... just a 'what if'.......... what if crashed a stakeout for his own department, or the FBI's, or Homeland Security's & endangered their team's lives & the public's just because felt justified in waltzing in to check out what Sam was doing because "hey, it's only Sam & what'll it matter?" Would he have been happily welcomed into their fold & told everything like Sam did to him at the end of THAT episode?

I don't think so. His own department probably would have reprimanded/suspended him, if not fired him & the other 2 agencies would have jailed him for obstruction of justice & thrown the key away. Relationship w/Sam aside, what would have made the SGC give her permission to spill the beans?
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

howdy folks! i've been off line for a couple of days now. i'm in shipper withdrawal. need cookies. need ship.

anywho, i've just finished skimming through about 10+ pages here, so i'm sorry if i'm repeating anything thats already been expressed or dismissed or anything.

i've been hearing some talk from various sources about the whole following sam thing being petes instincts because he's a cop. now, correct me if i'm wrong here, but don't cops usually arrest people for doing that kind of thing? or at least enforce restraining orders.

sam nekkid eh? well, all my stargate buddies will be pleased (all guys, loved the blue dress thing, its the only thing they remember from that episode other than shang tsung from mortal kombat ). what magazine were those interviews in and is it available in ireland does anyone know? i'd like to know what RDA had to say too.

i'm really confused about ship at the moment. one minute it sounds like they're abandoning it totally, the next it sounds like they're gonna keep it like its always been. i have no idea whats going on.

i was actually poen to both troi/worf ship and troi/riker ship. just thought i'd mention that for anyone who thought maybe we shippers couldn't be receptive or open minded to other ship and whatnot. i also was not a mulder/scully relationshipper but was very much a mulder/scully friendshipper. i was not totally against mulder/scully ship. did not think it ruined the show, or had any part in ruining the show. i blame other things for that (only my opinion). didn't go for worf/dax ship either. i'm very picky about ship in tv shows.

i am very much a sam/jack shipper. i think they'd be great together. i think they compliment each other perfectly. they look good together, he relaxes her, she laughs at his jokes. and most importantly, he doesn't disrespect her. he doesn't stalk her. he isn't demeaning or condecending to her, unless its in a sarcastic, funny way. and then, very rarely, minutely and only when she deserves it. to bring her back down to earth so to speak.

i like sam and jack. i'd like them even more together or at least more relaxed with each other. i'm confused and speaking mumbo jumbo. i don't even know what i mean anymore!!!!!!!

COOKIES!!! (do we have a ship cookie monster?)

Comment

Working...
                                X