• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Come 'ere Babe, We are about to get down and dirty"

Love your sig, Tame!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I guess the most frustrating part of all of this for me is that Jack and Sam coming together could have been such a natural thing and we could have focused on things that really pertain to Stargate like the transition of Sam from second in command to leading the missions, Jacks transition into head of the SGC, and Daniels and Teal'cs new obsticals that they might face in Season 8, and sometimes as added throw ins how the relationship between Jack and Sam is progressing. I guess I feel TBTB had enough to deal with that Pete really wasn't necessary.

I also feel with bringing Pete aboard they have made things more difficult for themselves than they think. Initially we probably all would have been happy with a kiss and maybe a fishing invitation being accepted, now because of Pete the stakes have been raised, a good majority of us are hoping for equal and better time for Jack when they do get together. So what could have been simple and natural, now has become a major issue (pardon the pun). I think when you start including a spark of a relationship between two main characters the best way to handle it would be to let it progress slowly, yes angst and rst are important ingredients in capturing a shipper audience, but I think where most writers go wrong is hanging on to the angst and rst too long. If they would let the relationship naturally take its place in the show, the expectations don't get too high and usually can be met, but if you hang on too long you usually start loosing part of your audience; so, when you then do throw your two characters together the expectations are too high for any writer to really reach. Does that make any sense? I think by bringing Pete in it serves only to bring the relationship to the forefront of the show when the shows main focus should stay on the team. Case in point "Chimera" itself. Daniels part of the show to me was what the episode should have focused on that is what Stargate is about, but the main focus was on the big deal of Pete and Daniels part of the story was lost and forgotten. This is where I think ship gets the raw deal, don't shine the main focus on it; let it grow slowly and passionately in the background and everybody wins.

Comment

I just realized that I am a mature symbiote, after 46 years I am finally mature!!!!! How about that!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=sacme]

I have one more thing to rant about. How was able to follow Sam in the first place? What, was he loitering outside Cheyenne mountain waiting for her to come out? And how did he know Sam was in that that van? Does he have X-ray vision or did he put a homing device on every piece of clothing she owns? And why would he even assume that he would find out what she did by following her outside of the military complex? Why would he think that following her around Colorado Springs-- a hotbed of instability-- would help him figure her out? SG1's missions on Earth are pretty rare. Boy, he got pretty lucky stumbling upon that stakeout. More often than not he would have only been able to follow her to the grocery store and never would have gotten a clue as to what she did for a living. Just a ridiculous/contrived episode.
          Ya know, I've often wondered this myself.
          Something smells fishy and it's not Jack's lake.
          Mabey the reason they are continuing with this storyline that they have something up their sleeve that will be revealed in a later story.

Actually I've just had a very interesting thought.

I always thought that 'S arrival was a little too conveniant in terms of timing.

Imagine this:
          Perhaps the reason that no one got upset about being at the stake out or about Sam telling him about the Stargate is that he is the "Chimera"
          and that Sam is still suffering the effects of the alien in "Grace"??????

Think about it: When Sam said "It's Pete" at the stakeout Jack just had this confused look on his face and you never saw with anyone else but Sam.

Sam can talk about all she wants but what if nobody has met him??
          Mebey is just another hallucination.

We can only hope.

waterfall

Comment

ship sistah,

That was one heck of a sermon. All I can say is "WOW! Preach on!!"

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Lurker approaches the lake behind Jack's house...........

****sticks toe in water****

mmmhhhhmmmmm.......

warm.....
              soothing.......
              a bit bubbly.........

****lifts head and notices the lakeful of smiling shippers****

***waves ecstatically***

****loses balance****

***SPLASH***

***cough, cough, spit, sputter****

(grins sheepishly )

"Hello!"
              It's a lurker! Grab him/her and don't let go!

Isn't the water nice, stay with us! Enjoy cookies, cakes, vids, pix and our usual optimism. We've been having some rough waters lately, it's true, but the more of us there are, the more we hold each other afloat.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                "Come 'ere Babe, We are about to get down and dirty"

Love your sig, Tame!
                definitly my dream Hubs would understand right???
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  Mabe the problem is that TPTB are now so into Atlantis that they have lost interest in Stargate.

Afterall, Atlantis is just starting and I'm sure they can see $$$$ in front of their eyes because they can see 8 new seasons coming up for their new show and maybe just one more, if that, for Stargate.
                  IMO, that's what happened to the last season of ST:TNG. While they were off trying to make DS9 a good little spinoff, TNG became so weak. They also decided to give Troi a boyfriend, screwing around with the 6 years of UST with Riker and fan shipdom. I hate the comparisons here.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                    Ya know, I've often wondered this myself.
                    Something smells fishy and it's not Jack's lake.
                    Mabey the reason they are continuing with this storyline that they have something up their sleeve that will be revealed in a later story.

Actually I've just had a very interesting thought.

I always thought that 'S arrival was a little too conveniant in terms of timing.

Imagine this:
                    Perhaps the reason that no one got upset about being at the stake out or about Sam telling him about the Stargate is that he is the "Chimera"
                    and that Sam is still suffering the effects of the alien in "Grace"??????

Think about it: When Sam said "It's Pete" at the stakeout Jack just had this confused look on his face and you never saw with anyone else but Sam.

Sam can talk about all she wants but what if nobody has met him??
                    Mebey is just another hallucination.

We can only hope.

waterfall
                    I LOVE conspiracies! <g> But, in the dvd commentary on Chernobyl, one of the peeps doing it said that PS followed Sam from her house to Daniel's house, where the stakeout setting up ppl left the van for sg-1. BUT, all your points make sense! I want it to be true! Yes, make it true!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                      OH Tame, I don't make cookies, but I can do pix... Sounds like somebody needs a hug....(and Sam needs a KISS!)

hey moderators - is this small enough? it'll be BIGGER when I put it up on my site)
                      LOOK PTB DO YOU SEE THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
                      And lust!

Comment

Hey guys! How's it going? Lost track again with the topic, but I suppose that's OK. Isn't this like the most frequently visited thread on the forum or something?

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone's been over to any of the other threads, lately. They're quite interesting. I'm only subscribed to about nine or ten, but one in particular has got me thinking. There's one called "Why don't people want Sam to be..." or something like that, and the posters on that thread are vicious... Completely and utterly vicious. I don't know if its in anyone's practice to lurk or anything, but I have been doing anything BUT lurking on that thread.

If you get the chance, you should go over there and see what they're saying about Sam. It's pretty bad. And... you might be inspired to post on it. It's probably a battle that cannot be won, but the thread could use some balancing out, considering a lot of the anti-sam fans (or used-to-be-sam fans) go over there to vent about how angry they are.

I know very few people will see this post (sometimes I wonder if any of them are seen ) because I'm never on, and I'm not very familiar with most of the regular posters, but if you're reading this, you should try going over there for a second. If you have any questions about the thread, or are unsure about the topics discussed, let me know and I can answer them for you to the best of my ability.
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 27 May 2004, 10:18 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Comment

"At home with the O'Neills!"

another awesome sig! love it, sally. all they need is little Grace running around them.

ship sistah

Comment

Ahh Sally.......I love your Signature picture...Sacme just posted and pointed it out.
                            Now I feel like a home wrecker when I post over here with my Jack

But not enough to change it just yet
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                              Hope you all will bear with me as I offer some ideas on the "Pete" issue. [snip] 4) Here is where I duck: I believe what Sam came to say to O'Neill, and tried to bring out on the trip to Taonas, is why she has become involved with Pete -- that while she loves Jack she wants/needs to know she can have an intimate relationship with a man; Jack's "I know" seems to me is an acknowledgment of both his love for her and understanding that Sam needs to do something for herself.
                              I don't know. If Sam wanted to talk to Jack about Pete, I'm glad he stopped her. All I could deal with, as O'Neill faced death, is a declaration of love. A complicated discussion of why they did what with whom might be too much under the circumstances. A simple 'I love you and I don't want to lose you' would have gone a long way-- from either of them.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                It doesn't have to ruin the show .RST can be written sublty ...Doesn't have to turn into a soap opera.
                                I'm married and I don't jump on my husband in public.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                But I thought you were French? Just kidding! hee hee

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X