• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    Amen!

BTW
    Where is the Ship Nana when you need her
    btw
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Baking cookies?
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Ah, but you're forgetting TBFtGoG, where Jack was the General AND engaged to Sam.
        Yea, but we don't know the details of the reporting structures there. Just because he's a general doesn't mean he was in command of the base or her division. For all we know Sam had a separate reporting structure through Catherine straight to the Pentagon. We don't even know if that alternate universe had the same regs as this one does. The appearance of favoritism is the big problem. As long as Jack is in her reporting structure, Sam's status with the Air Force is irrelevant to the regs. They'd need to somehow have her report through another channel to get around them. Not impossible, but definitely more complicated than it was before.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          She's at the age where she might be thinking that her time's running out in having a life with a hubby and kids. She's done the labor, now she might be wanting to enjoy the fruits of it.

*chews*

Mmm, yummy.

Sally

One more thing came to me also about this hubby and kids issue.

Spoiler for Grace and possible season 8 spoiler:
          In Grace, where Sam is basically having a conversation with herself instead of the real Jack, Sam brings up the question about her not being in the military.

Well, here is my thought. Sam knows that she might consider giving up the military but apparently she doesn't know how Jack feels about him giving up the military since her mind didn't even ask Jack what he whether he would give it up or not.

Therefore, (here is the leap), her discussing with Jack having babies and daycare and such, in the upcoming season 8 episode, may be her way of trying to find out if Jack would give up the military. Because in her mind she just doesn't know what he would or would not do as evidenced by the fact that in Grace Sam did not make this part of their discussion as she really didn't have any idea of what he would do.

Glad everyone likes my cookies. Keeping up with this thread is hungry business.
          Ship Nana

Comment

Caty, your signature is way cool!!!!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              One more thing came to me also about this hubby and kids issue.

Spoiler for Grace and possible season 8 spoiler:
              In Grace, where Sam is basically having a conversation with herself instead of the real Jack, Sam brings up the question about her not being in the military.

Well, here is my thought. Sam knows that she might consider giving up the military but apparently she doesn't know how Jack feels about him giving up the military since her mind didn't even ask Jack what he whether he would give it up or not.

Therefore, (here is the leap), her discussing with Jack having babies and daycare and such, in the upcoming season 8 episode, may be her way of trying to find out if Jack would give up the military. Because in her mind she just doesn't know what he would or would not do as evidenced by the fact that in Grace Sam did not make this part of their discussion as she really didn't have any idea of what he would do.

Glad everyone likes my cookies. Keeping up with this thread is hungry business.

Exactly .....I bet she 's gonna test him in a nice way....You know..like asking general questions ..and see how he would react ...then she'll have a general idea if he cares or not.LOL. which by the way I already know what Jack's reaction would be .....

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

BTW I am SO APPRECIATIVE of how you did that -> *episode name censored*, That is so cool...I am going to Macro that for use from now on I think
                thank you. i'm all for freedom of speech and all but some names are just better off censored in certain places. prevents hate crimes you know.

and also, i understand your anger. i just have a soft spot for the deluise clan, and can't find any cause to blame them. i blame damian kindler. i think he wrote the episode. robert cooper came up with the story, the rat b@$t@rd. william waring directed, curse him!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  For all we know Sam had a separate reporting structure through Catherine straight to the Pentagon.
                  Hmmmm..... I hadn't thought of that.

The appearance of favoritism is the big problem. As long as Jack is in her reporting structure, Sam's status with the Air Force is irrelevant to the regs. They'd need to somehow have her report through another channel to get around them. Not impossible, but definitely more complicated than it was before.
                  spoilers for s8

I have some hope that with the new command structure will come a solution to the problem. The president assigned a civilian over sight person and I'm hoping that will mean joint command or something possitive where Sam could report up a different command structure at the end of s8.
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    You just know if TPTB played off the natural chemistry these two have and just let it add to the whole Team chemistry that we see Man it would just blow the ROOF off!!!

You're right! And ya know, I'll bet it would be alot easier for the writers also. I think they work way, way, way to hard to come up with stories like..."that story", you know the one that we can't name that starts with a /ch/.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

spoilers for s8

I have some hope that with the new command structure will come a solution to the problem. The president assigned a civilian over sight person and I'm hoping that will mean joint command or something possitive where Sam could report up a different command structure at the end of s8.
                      Love the grinning spoiler space.

Your idea about the new command structure solving things has a lot of potential. It'll be interesting to see if they set something up like that early in the season. It would be a very good sign if they do because there just aren't all that many reason to go that direction.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Baking cookies?

Here I am. Sorry all. What between working and baking and working and baking and then trying to catch up here....well I'm falling down on my Ship Nana job of keeping the Ship family in cookies. So, here is the newest batch.

Please help yourselves
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                          Yea, but we don't know the details of the reporting structures there. Just because he's a general doesn't mean he was in command of the base or her division. For all we know Sam had a separate reporting structure through Catherine straight to the Pentagon. We don't even know if that alternate universe had the same regs as this one does. The appearance of favoritism is the big problem. As long as Jack is in her reporting structure, Sam's status with the Air Force is irrelevant to the regs. They'd need to somehow have her report through another channel to get around them. Not impossible, but definitely more complicated than it was before.
                          I think we have beat the *regs* to death. We all know that TPTB throw those up continuously as the ONE and ONLY reason that Sam & Jack can't have a relationship. AND they are apparently so strong that they (the regs )freeze both Sam & Jack's brains and tongues when ever emotion enters their thoughts (...sorry snarky moment) that they are unable to have a decent conversation. I think that we as viewers all pretty much assumed that because Sam was not in the military in the AU versions it was okay for her and Jack to have a relationship. I think that was all TPTB were trying to convey as well. Sadly, I don't think they gave it much deeper thought than that at the time.
                          The question is now if Season 8 is gonna be it how are they going to work it around for Sam & Jack to have a relationship without one of them retiring.

It seems to me that the only thing open to them is the promise of a future relationship after a mutual decision.

THAT would have made me the happiest little shipper on the planet had that been the way it ended HAD TPTB NOT brought in character name censored TPTB changed the WHOLE ballgame with one episode and had they addressed all the horrible behavioral traits acted out by character name censored and ended it all right there it really almost could have been...."no great harm, no great foul".

But I can't see my way clear yet as to how they are going to clean this particular aspect up without, for lack of a better term, mucking it up and making it worse.

I firmly believe that probably about 25% of the viewing audience will be upset if TPTB had the President give Sam & Jack a break on the regs if for no other reason than the fact that they have saved the world 9 TIMES. Those same 25% are the people that are normally irritated about something in the show anyways!!
                          I just think its time for the TPTB to step up to the plate and write good team stories that INCLUDE a GREAT couple that works WITHIN a GREAT TEAM

Whew...I had a lot to say there....
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            I think we have beat the *regs* to death. We all know that TPTB throw those up continuously as the ONE and ONLY reason that Sam & Jack can't have a relationship. AND they are apparently so strong that they (the regs )freeze both Sam & Jack's brains and tongues when ever emotion enters their thoughts (...sorry snarky moment) that they are unable to have a decent conversation. I think that we as viewers all pretty much assumed that because Sam was not in the military in the AU versions it was okay for her and Jack to have a relationship. I think that was all TPTB were trying to convey as well. Sadly, I don't think they gave it much deeper thought than that at the time.
                            The question is now if Season 8 is gonna be it how are they going to work it around for Sam & Jack to have a relationship without one of them retiring.

It seems to me that the only thing open to them is the promise of a future relationship after a mutual decision.

THAT would have made me the happiest little shipper on the planet had that been the way it ended HAD TPTB NOT brought in character name censored TPTB changed the WHOLE ballgame with one episode and had they addressed all the horrible behavioral traits acted out by character name censored and ended it all right there it really almost could have been...."no great harm, no great foul".

But I can't see my way clear yet as to how they are going to clean this particular aspect up without, for lack of a better term, mucking it up and making it worse.

I firmly believe that probably about 25% of the viewing audience will be upset if TPTB had the President give Sam & Jack a break on the regs if for no other reason than the fact that they have saved the world 9 TIMES. Those same 25% are the people that are normally irritated about something in the show anyways!!
                            I just think its time for the TPTB to step up to the plate and write good team stories that INCLUDE a GREAT couple that works WITHIN a GREAT TEAM

Whew...I had a lot to say there....

yes.. you did say a lot and well done ..I agree... Well I'm off to bed ..Bonne nuit ...carry on the chat without me ...See you later

caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

AND another thing.....

So, here is the newest batch.
                              mumble....mumphf..thanks Nana........

Comment

You're right! And ya know, I'll bet it would be alot easier for the writers also. I think they work way, way, way to hard to come up with stories like..."that story", you know the one that we can't name that starts with a /ch/.
                                You mean Chernobyl?
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X